Colombia Thread
Got my Colombian flag last night, took about a week without too much effort. Being a gringo seems to go VERY far in Bogota. I met the girl from last night on one of the free tours of the city (not going to say exactly which tour or it'll be too obvious who she is). I talked to her a bit during the tour, and afterwards we ate lunch together and walked around for 20 minutes before she had to go back to work. She asked for my IG. Met with her last night and closed the deal. The best thing about meeting with these girls is that even when I didn't get laid I still got a good 2-4 hours of Spanish practice. My Español has been improving very quickly thanks to all the dates I've been going on.

Going to check out Medellin next week. Likely will check out Bucaramanga and San Gil sometime in March. To anybody reading this who has never been to South America, you're missing out. To give a disclaimer on my last statement, I'm not a game newbie and I also work out a lot. Not sure how easy Colombia is for white guys who have zero game, like it is in SE Asia.
(01-30-2019, 03:12 PM)mike Wrote: Got my Colombian flag last night, took about a week without too much effort. Being a gringo seems to go VERY far in Bogota. I met the girl from last night on one of the free tours of the city (not going to say exactly which tour or it'll be too obvious who she is). I talked to her a bit during the tour, and afterwards we ate lunch together and walked around for 20 minutes before she had to go back to work. She asked for my IG. Met with her last night and closed the deal. The best thing about meeting with these girls is that even when I didn't get laid I still got a good 2-4 hours of Spanish practice. My Español has been improving very quickly thanks to all the dates I've been going on.

Going to check out Medellin next week. Likely will check out Bucaramanga and San Gil sometime in March. To anybody reading this who has never been to South America, you're missing out. To give a disclaimer on my last statement, I'm not a game newbie and I also work out a lot. Not sure how easy Colombia is for white guys who have zero game, like it is in SE Asia.

Are you meeting girls mostly  face to face ? Also how did you learn Spanish
I've been pretty lazy about meeting girls, but all girls I've banged so far I met in the day time or night clubs. I've gone out with a few girls from Tinder but they've all been pretty undesirable or flaky. I hired a private tutor from italki.com about a month before my trip. Now that I'm here I've been learning by practicing with girls, talking to strangers, and occasionally I study on studyspanish.com. I'm still a beginner at Spanish, but improving pretty quickly.
(02-15-2019, 01:11 AM)mike Wrote: I've been pretty lazy about meeting girls, but all girls I've banged so far I met in the day time or night clubs. I've gone out with a few girls from Tinder but they've all been pretty undesirable or flaky. I hired a private tutor from italki.com about a month before my trip. Now that I'm here I've been learning by practicing with girls, talking to strangers, and occasionally I study on studyspanish.com. I'm still a beginner at Spanish, but improving pretty quickly.

Colombia has definitely gotten better as far me wanting to go.I still have to get to a decent level of fluency in Spanish.I will check out those websites, I'm open to as many resources I can use to learn.My only concern about Colombia and these Latin countries is the level of flakiness and time wasting women get away with.I've seen people say it's cultural thing but I personally feel they should know they're not just messing with some guy who has little or no options.
Heading to Colombia 15th through the 24th... I need to finally check it out for the short period of time that I have.

Anyone here? I'll be flying into Bogota and then onward to see how the beach is in Santa Marta. Maybe do some scuba diving...
Where are the good spots in Laureles for day game? In El Poblado it's easy to find sexy girls all over the place. Laureles seems to lack many people during the day. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?
The chicas in Bucaramanga are some of the least attractive in the country IMO and known to be “bravas”, fortunately the abundance of Venezolanas makes up for it. It’s a clean, safe city but could be a bit boring, after a week I was ready to leave. The nice parks (Chicamocha?) and San Gil are not that close to the city, at least a couple of hours away if I remember correctly.
(05-31-2019, 01:40 AM)Scotian Wrote: The chicas in Bucaramanga are some of the least attractive in the country IMO and known to be “bravas”, fortunately the abundance of Venezolanas makes up for it. It’s a clean, safe city but could be a bit boring, after a week I was ready to leave. The nice parks (Chicamocha?) and San Gil are not that close to the city, at least a couple of hours away if I remember correctly.

Yeah, chicks in Bucaramanga weren't great, but if you hang out around Cabacera mall during the day you'll see some good looking girls. I wasn't crazy about Bucaramanga. It was pretty clean, but felt a bit boring for me.

Chicamocha Canyon is a couple hours away, but a must visit place in Colombia. Super epic landscapes there. San Gil was pretty cool too, rafting was fun, and there's a decent amount of greasy french backpacker girls if that's your thing.
(05-31-2019, 01:40 AM)Scotian Wrote: The chicas in Bucaramanga are some of the least attractive in the country IMO and known to be “bravas”, fortunately the abundance of Venezolanas makes up for it. It’s a clean, safe city but could be a bit boring, after a week I was ready to leave. The nice parks (Chicamocha?) and San Gil are not that close to the city, at least a couple of hours away if I remember correctly.

I'm very curious as far as meeting Venezuelan women.I know that country is going through political and ecomonic stuff  which makes it weird that I've seen girls claiming to be from there on dating sites.
(05-31-2019, 01:15 AM)mike Wrote: Where are the good spots in Laureles for day game? In El Poblado it's easy to find sexy girls all over the place. Laureles seems to lack many people during the day. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?

Try the Unicentro Mall area, it's also close to a university. Inside the mall there are some decent food options. There was a place called Cazuelas that I liked.
(06-01-2019, 10:42 AM)kc1082 Wrote:

I'm very curious as far as meeting Venezuelan women.I know that country is going through political and ecomonic stuff  which makes it weird that I've seen girls claiming to be from there on dating sites.

What makes it weird?

Personally I’d skip Bucaramanga to spend time in the Coffee Zone (Pereira, Manizales, Salento, etc) or the Caribbean coast, Santa Marta is pretty chill, the scuba diving in Taganga is decent.
(06-01-2019, 02:34 PM)Scotian Wrote:

What makes it weird?

Personally I’d skip Bucaramanga to spend time in the Coffee Zone (Pereira, Manizales, Salento, etc) or the Caribbean coast, Santa Marta is pretty chill, the scuba diving in Taganga is decent.

I say it's weird because the profiles I've seen are from girls that are still living in Venezuela.I'm not a big fan of the media but I've seen that advised as a place not to go.
(06-01-2019, 06:20 PM)kc1082 Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 02:34 PM)Scotian Wrote:

What makes it weird?

I say it's weird because the profiles I've seen are from girls that are still living in Venezuela.I'm not a big fan of the media but I've seen that advised as a place not to go.
Well, ya. The people still have access to internet there, I know guys who flew nice Venezolanas over to Colombia, they had nice arrangements, it’s a bit late for that now, apparently they aren’t issuing passports now.
Colombia is going on my list for sure. I'm a complete noob when it comes to Latin America, save for mexico and that's only because I live somewhat close by.

I'm studying spanish via a bootlegged copy Rosetta stone.

Is there a particular area a pale guy with redhair (beard) should visit?
(06-01-2019, 07:03 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote: Colombia is going on my list for sure. I'm a complete noob when it comes to Latin America, save for mexico and that's only because I live somewhat close by.

I'm studying spanish via a bootlegged copy Rosetta stone.

Is there a particular area a pale guy with redhair (beard) should visit?

I took former RVF poster and ginger Atlantic on a one month tour of the country and he enjoyed Bogota the best due to the milder weather and higher level of English spoken there. I took him to Gringo Tuesdays and and we ended up taking two chicas I opened from Norte Santander back to our place in Chapinero. Unfortunately I had to leave to pick up another gringo bro at the airport but when we returned, Atlantic had a huge shit eating grin on his face- his first ever threesome, on his third night in Colombia. We continued our trip with another blond buddy of mine from home and another blue eyed ginger from Alberta; we were four Alberta based cashed up oil sands workers and we did some fucking damage! 

I’ll never forget when we went to Portal Del Padro mall in Barranquilla and we were smashing the shit out of one of those punching bags in an arcade that measures who hits it the hardest. Suddenly we’re surrounded by a dozen or so teenagers, so I say hello and chat them up as I was the only one who spoke Spanish. They then asked to take pictures with the blond/ginger guys and the little cunts passed me the camera to take the pics, my dark hair/eyes wasn’t getting the same attention as those dudes. 

Anyway man you’ll be fine all over the country just stick to the beaten path and feel free to ask on here we’ll help you out.
Man.. reading about how Bogota is so much more awesome than Medellin makes me regret my ticket lol.

I do have a stop over in Bogota before flying to medellin so I could just cancel the Medellin ticket and take a hit of about 240 dollars...
It's hard to say but I think the average gringo on a short trip will enjoy Medellin more than Bogota especially if you are from a country with relatively shitty weather. I personally prefer Bogota because I think the nightlife is better but there are many advantages in Medellin as well.

For the people on a budget Medellin is also quite a bit cheaper than Bogota.

Rhyme or Reason you should be devoting more time to Pimsleur than RS, remember to download the Latin American version though eh.
(06-01-2019, 09:24 PM)SC87 Wrote: It's hard to say but I think the average gringo on a short trip will enjoy Medellin more than Bogota especially if you are from a country with relatively shitty weather. I personally prefer Bogota because I think the nightlife is better but there are many advantages in Medellin as well.

For the people on a budget Medellin is also quite a bit cheaper than Bogota.

Rhyme or Reason you should be devoting more time to Pimsleur than RS, remember to download the Latin American version though eh.

I've heard good things about Pimsleur also. The version of spanish i've got in RS is tagged for Spain...will learning that be much different than LA version? Would spending time learning spanish (spain) be working against me in that respect?
There is a significant difference between Castilian Spanish (spoken in Spain) and Latin American Spanish. The native speakers would both understand each other easily but as a beginner it doesn't make sense to learn Castilian Spanish if you plan on mostly being in Colombia for example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_conjugation

My Spanish isn't great, I'd say I'm conversational but no where near fluent and a lot of that is due to not knowing all the verb conjugations, which to be honest aren't hard but I haven't put that much effort into it. In the two formal schools I've been to neither one of them taught me "vosotros" conjugations and I didn't want to learn them anyway, I may in the future.

If you learn the LA dialect most of the learning material is from Mexico, which is obviously a bit different but it is more similar to all the other Spanish outside of Spain.

For your situation I'd probably just quit doing RS and switch to Pimsleur and other apps for more vocabulary. Once you get to a certain level I'd probably get a private tutor online, you can find them for like $6hr. Then once you get boots on the ground in Colombia or whichever country do a months worth or more of intensive classes. After Pimsleur a month of intensive class and some outside study you should easily be conversational.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spanish/

There are a lot of guys here on Swoop that are either native Spanish speakers or have attained fluency so I'll leave any harder questions to them.
^ Thanks for the tip. Gonna save me a lot of time!

I got pimsler in the download que right now...