Cheap flights and Accomodations
Hello gentlemen

As some of you know, I am an Engineer by trade with a passion for traveling and seeing the best life got to offer.
After much work and obsessing over the design and coding, I present to you

http://www.travelfinder.me

A travel blog designed to help you find the most economical flights and accommodations for your travels.

I've been actively testing this website with different other websites and so far so good

Cheaper than SkyScanner New York to Paris

Cheaper than google flights, this is a London to Beijing

And better than Expedia (which are almost criminal!) Orlando to Rome

This bad boy works around the clock finding the best deals for flights and accommodations available.
It's ready to include the latest hottest destinations based on fun, historical places, activities and even drone shots of these locations. Any comments or insights you might have, I'm open to feedback and anything you guys believe can help.

Cheers!
What does your site offer compared to other travel sites?

I browsed for a bit but couldn't find anything unique or better to the ones I use.
I tested it out a bit, it would be nice to see an option to just choose a country or region and then all the airports pop up in the results.
(07-02-2019, 04:58 PM)Shifty Wrote: What does your site offer compared to other travel sites?

I browsed for a bit but couldn't find anything unique or better to the ones I use.

Yes, nothing special here. I fly frequently, over a dozen flights a year and I would never use this website. It doesn't offer anything that Google Flights doesn't already offer and probably has a worse selection of flights.

(07-02-2019, 05:31 PM)SC87 Wrote: I tested it out a bit, it would be nice to see an option to just choose a country or region and then all the airports pop up in the results.

Ya, I often have time to travel, but it's a massive pain to search for dozens of destinations in the hope that one of them will be unusually cheap. I'm regularly in Beijing, want to get out of the country for a few days and would love to be able to do a global search for all destination airports outside of China just to see which ones are the absolute cheapest.

I also hate garbage like this:

[Image: fadeBDA.jpg]

You have these fucking stupid links at the bottom of your page advertising ridiculously low prices to fly to exotic locales, but click the link and you're led to a standard search page and you'll be damned if you can actually find a real flight for that ridiculously low price.

Garbage like this makes me never go back to a website. If that price was based on departure from a website close to my IP address location and the fucking website would actually tell me when I had to fly to get that ridiculously cheap flight, I'd be stoked, but of course it doesn't because it's just a sleazy marketing technique.
I don't know why I'd use this site over google.com/flights
Looks pretty decent. One question though which I find annoying, but not sure if there is anything you can do. When flights pop up you don't always see what the luggage allowances are. Like it might see, cabin luggage is included with some icon, but not how much kg and if it's one or two pieces. Sometimes it's several airlines and it has happened to me that they fuck you like that in the sense that one airline segment had two pieces included but the other didn't so you still have to pay exta (sometimes a shitload).
(07-02-2019, 08:15 PM)Rottenapple Wrote: Looks pretty decent. One question though which I find annoying, but not sure if there is anything you can do. When flights pop up you don't always see what the luggage allowances are. Like it might see, cabin luggage is included with some icon, but not how much kg and if it's one or two pieces. Sometimes it's several airlines and it has happened to me that they fuck you like that in the sense that one airline segment had two pieces included but the other didn't so you still have to pay exta (sometimes a shitload).
Thank you.
Did some testing and research after I got some feedback from buyers and they told me that on average they usually get one handbag that has to be the size of a briefcase and then add on's. Some airlines have a standard rate for add on's (in the case of some western airlines) but some budget airlines pay a bit more extra if it's heavy (and that's where they make a lot of their compensation too usually places outside of the anglo-speaking world).

Usually what price you see is the price you get before add on's. If you only got one big handbang enough for a week, it's no cost.
(07-26-2019, 02:37 AM)Christoff Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 08:15 PM)Rottenapple Wrote: Looks pretty decent. One question though which I find annoying, but not sure if there is anything you can do. When flights pop up you don't always see what the luggage allowances are. Like it might see, cabin luggage is included with some icon, but not how much kg and if it's one or two pieces. Sometimes it's several airlines and it has happened to me that they fuck you like that in the sense that one airline segment had two pieces included but the other didn't so you still have to pay exta (sometimes a shitload).
Thank you.
Did some testing and research after I got some feedback from buyers and they told me that on average they usually get one handbag that has to be the size of a briefcase and then add on's. Some airlines have a standard rate for add on's (in the case of some western airlines) but some budget airlines pay a bit more extra if it's heavy (and that's where they make a lot of their compensation too usually places outside of the anglo-speaking world).

Usually what price you see is the price you get before add on's. If you only got one big handbang enough for a week, it's no cost.

The issue is that as long as broad flight search engines do not include information on bags and luggage prices are unreasonably expensive (I've seen +250$ for a bag on Avianca for instance), then these sites lose their purpose. What use do I have to do a search for a flight, come up with a list of carriers and their prices if those prices do not list the necessary information (bags) nor have a representative price (for instance intercontinental flights with no luggage included). I'm better off going to the carriers' websites themselves and see directly what their price includes and what not.
(07-26-2019, 09:12 PM)Rottenapple Wrote: The issue is that as long as broad flight search engines do not include information on bags and luggage prices are unreasonably expensive (I've seen +250$ for a bag on Avianca for instance), then these sites lose their purpose. What use do I have to do a search for a flight, come up with a list of carriers and their prices if those prices do not list the necessary information (bags) nor have a representative price (for instance intercontinental flights with no luggage included). I'm better off going to the carriers' websites themselves and see directly what their price includes and what not

Ok so I felt like my last answer was really half-assed, so I did some testing with screenshots

This one is for Miami to Hong Kong

The price with 2 bags included per adult. So $0 for luggage

This one is Ft lauderdale to Paris

This one is Miami to Ibiza

Miami to Medellin 

I also tried location like Phillipines, and Malaysia and they include luggage too. In conclusion, Most flights have baggage included except some countries in Europe. Their environmental laws and fees on bags make it so only in certain parts of Europe you get charged per bag. The most expensive is Paris but other than that spain and other countries are cheaper (but still pay since it's the EU) Kinda retarded if you ask me, but I'm sure they sleep in a pile of money and tears of taxpayers. I always encourage people to try and compare my prices to others to see if you're getting a better deal. Also Avianca are savages
(07-27-2019, 09:01 AM)Christoff Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 09:12 PM)Rottenapple Wrote: The issue is that as long as broad flight search engines do not include information on bags and luggage prices are unreasonably expensive (I've seen +250$ for a bag on Avianca for instance), then these sites lose their purpose. What use do I have to do a search for a flight, come up with a list of carriers and their prices if those prices do not list the necessary information (bags) nor have a representative price (for instance intercontinental flights with no luggage included). I'm better off going to the carriers' websites themselves and see directly what their price includes and what not

I also tried location like Phillipines, and Malaysia and they include luggage too. In conclusion, Most flights have baggage included except some countries in Europe. Their environmental laws and fees on bags make it so only in certain parts of Europe you get charged per bag. The most expensive is Paris but other than that spain and other countries are cheaper (but still pay since it's the EU) Kinda retarded if you ask me, but I'm sure they sleep in a pile of money and tears of taxpayers. I always encourage people to try and compare my prices to others to see if you're getting a better deal. Also Avianca are savages

A simple solution to this would be to put a sidebar on your flight search page titled "Airline Baggage Policies" with a list of the 20-30 most commonly used airlines below (and a more link at the bottom that brings you to a page with up to 100 airlines listed). When a user clicks the link of any airline, it will bring them to a page with the baggage policies of that airline. I've never seen this feature on any airline search website and I have to admit, I would find it useful. I always have to go to the airline's website to find out what the baggage policies are and it's a huge pain sometimes to find that information.

An added bonus would be that having all those pages could improve your SEO and also bring new visitors to your site when they search at some search engine for info on a specific airline's baggage policy.
Suits I think the airlines do that deliberately, and they constantly change their policies. If you look at the Norwegian policy page for baggage costs, you will see a very complicated graph with reference points for different destinations. It is almost impossible to know the true cost in advance of actually clicking through to buy the ticket, at which point the customer is invested in their purchase, and willing to pay anything.
I tested the site on multiple locations around the world. Hong Kong, Phillipines, France, Spain, Italy, Colombia, DR, Cancun, US, England etc

As Churros said above, luggage changes by location, not airlines. The engine I'm using usually (but not all the time unfortunately) predicts the prices of luggage included in the flight (because it usually comes included) and it's just in parts of Europe that charges luggage fees. It's just the fuel efficiency and environmental laws.

Even then the prices and airline it chooses are still cheaper than carriers like Avianca that are criminal fees!
(07-27-2019, 04:37 PM)churros Wrote: Suits I think the airlines do that deliberately, and they constantly change their policies. If you look at the Norwegian policy page for baggage costs, you will see a very complicated graph with reference points for different destinations. It is almost impossible to know the true cost in advance of actually clicking through to buy the ticket, at which point the customer is invested in their purchase, and willing to pay anything.

Yes, the policies are complicated, which is why I suggested one full page for each airline. Trying to add that to your coding would be way to much trouble.

If the airline can explain their baggage policies on one or two pages of their website, there's no reason why an affiliate booking website can't do the same. 

I fly a dozen times or more a year and I can assure you that as a frequent traveler, I would find a website with this information one or two quick clicks away very handy.

(07-27-2019, 06:57 PM)Christoff Wrote: ...it's just in parts of Europe that charges luggage fees.

Negative. Low cost airlines in SEA are also famous for baggage fees for anything over a 5kg carry-on. Think AirAsia, Scoot, etc. I fly these all the time and in Kuala Lumpur II, they usually have a dude at the entrance to the secure area of the airport weighing every single bag with AirAsia tags.
Nope Suits. I disagree

Kuala Lumpur, Two bags included per adult

Maybe the airlines you fly don't like you (or you pick the Aviancas of SEA haha)
(07-27-2019, 07:37 PM)Christoff Wrote: Nope Suits. I disagree

Kuala Lumpur, Two bags included per adult

Do you have reading comprehension challenges?

(07-27-2019, 07:24 PM)Suits Wrote: Negative. Low cost airlines in SEA are also famous for baggage fees for anything over a 5kg carry-on. Think AirAsia, Scoot, etc. I fly these all the time and in Kuala Lumpur II, they usually have a dude at the entrance to the secure area of the airport weighing every single bag with AirAsia tags.

Thanks for sharing an image of a JetBlue/China Southern round trip out of KLII that includes two bags.

[Image: facepalm-monkey.jpg]
I mean they're double checking you're not adding more stuff when they check over there between different legs of the trip. The policies are clearly there where they have to check your bags. It's common sense that your bags can't be the heaviest in the world and they weigh them before check ing them. and they will double check you don't re pack them with more stuff between legs for safety and jet fuel efficiency.
I usually use skyscanner
(07-29-2019, 10:16 AM)Slayrispa Wrote: I usually use skyscanner

I love Skyscanner too. After learning about travel search engines, they're the only ones not actively screwing people like Expedia or google