How have you travelled on your adventures?
[Image: Vzeemxw.jpg]

How have you travelled on your adventures?  Putting together ideas to incorporate into your travel.

-Fly (Fixed wing aircraft (land and sea) rotor wing aircraft, glider, balloon, dirigible/airship, para-sail, hang glide, parachute).
-Ship (military, cruise, container).
-Submarine.
-Hover-craft.
-Hydrofoil.
-Boat (sail, junk, inflatable, row, river, paddle, air, totora, shotover, gondola, steamer, house).
-Raft, Kayak, Canoe.
-Windsled.
-Moto (motorcycle, Tuk-Tuk, Remorque, assorted moto-taxis).
-Rickshaw.
-Cycloe.
-4 x 4.
-RV;
-Truck.
-Car.
-Rail (high speed, low speed, really slow - bamboo train, maglev).
-Bus (greyhound, terrabus, snow bus, chicken bus, songthaew, camellow, jeepney, trolley).
-Trek, hike, walk, run.
- Skateboard.
-Jet-ski
-Mountaineer.
-Bike.
-Open water swim.
-Sled (dog and reindeer).
-Tram.
-Snowmobile.
-Ride (horse, elephant, camel, Yak, mule, chicks…just checking to see if people are paying attention).
-Dune buggy.
-Scuba, surf, wind-surf, kite-surf, ski, snow-board, water-ski could be grey areas (where are you travelling to and from where) like para-sail or parachute.
Get busy living or get busy dying!
Hahaha this is kind of a cool idea. Makes me want to visit some cold places. I have travelled a lot of ways back in USA (snowmobile, fourwheeler, waterskiing, snow board, ski, canoeetc.) but on travels hmmm.

Plane, train, tram, bike, ship, boat, swim, motorcycle (rented my own and taken rides), tricycle, bus (too many types to count), gua-gua, raft, horse, elephant, camel, all different speeds and types of trains, driven myself, taxis, ubers, on foot (have walked and run a long way on my travels). The things I am missing outside of usa pretty much all have to do with snow haha

My favorite ways of traveling were probably elephant, horse and camel. Something about going back in time with these modes of transportation.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
(02-27-2017, 05:26 AM)20Nation Wrote: Hahaha this is kind of a cool idea. Makes me want to visit some cold places. I have travelled a lot of ways back in USA (snowmobile, fourwheeler, waterskiing, snow board, ski, canoeetc.) but on travels hmmm.

Plane, train, tram, bike, ship, boat, swim, motorcycle (rented my own and taken rides), tricycle, bus (too many types to count), gua-gua, raft, horse, elephant, camel, all different speeds and types of trains, driven myself, taxis, ubers, on foot (have walked and run a long way on my travels). The things I am missing outside of usa pretty much all have to do with snow haha

My favorite ways of traveling were probably elephant, horse and camel. Something about going back in time with these modes of transportation.

Hahaha, I forgot about the GUA-GUA's in DR. Crappy small cars that have to fit in at least 7 people (unless you buy a double seat).

In Indonesia it's all about the Bajay

[Image: 31938524391.jpg] 

and OJEK's (motorbike taxis) 

[Image: cropped-tukang-ojek-di-surabaya.jpg?w=740]

In Thailand these guys are called "Death Scooters"
In Myanmar I took a rooftop ride, because why wouldn't you fit in 20 more people on the roof of your van.

[Image: small-truck-or-bus-full-of-people-myanma...de12wa.jpg]
(02-27-2017, 10:56 AM)TravelHardcore Wrote:
(02-27-2017, 05:26 AM)20Nation Wrote: Hahaha this is kind of a cool idea. Makes me want to visit some cold places. I have travelled a lot of ways back in USA (snowmobile, fourwheeler, waterskiing, snow board, ski, canoeetc.) but on travels hmmm.

Hahaha, I forgot about the GUA-GUA's in DR. Crappy small cars that have to fit in at least 7 people (unless you buy a double seat).

In Indonesia it's all about the Bajay

[Image: 31938524391.jpg] 

and OJEK's (motorbike taxis) 

[Image: cropped-tukang-ojek-di-surabaya.jpg?w=740]

In Thailand these guys are called "Death Scooters"

Notice how the only person without the helmet is the customer haha. I remember my first time on a death scooter, taking the helmet and the guy telling me it's for him. Then, when I asked where mine was he said he didn't have one. I'm guessing there is no blowback to their business when one of their customers dies.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
The more often you take unusual modes of transport, the more adventures you will have and the more stories you will have to tell.  It is not always something as grand as the trans-Siberian railroad or as dangerous as various death-motos, but it is one of those small ways where you will slowly but surely change to the point where you look back and realize that you have squeezed more juice out of life and are a better man for having traveled that way.

Cool pics, keep them coming with stories attached as the thread moves forward.

This takes Thai long boats to the next level.  No seat, no helmet, no vest, just speed and adrenaline.
Get busy living or get busy dying!
While in Cuba, a little while back in 2005 the TUK TUK or Potatoe Cart, they were pretty cool and only seats 2 so that was always added benefits

(02-28-2017, 08:46 PM)DAone27 Wrote: While in Cuba, a little while back in 2005 the TUK TUK or Potatoe Cart, they were pretty cool and only seats 2 so that was always added benefits

I traveled in these ones in Havana :Big Grin

And these guys:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQi6FCigxD03IEdM91LurR...GEiDuaturq]

We would always look for the taxi bike who built in speakers onto his bike, get some beers and cruise the city looking for girls. Good times!
(03-02-2017, 08:17 PM)TravelHardcore Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 08:46 PM)DAone27 Wrote: While in Cuba, a little while back in 2005 the TUK TUK or Potatoe Cart, they were pretty cool and only seats 2 so that was always added benefits

I traveled in these ones in Havana :Big Grin

And these guys:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQi6FCigxD03IEdM91LurR...GEiDuaturq]

We would always look for the taxi bike who built in speakers onto his bike, get some beers and cruise the city looking for girls. Good times!

Yeah these were around the place too, but they were always taken up!!!  Big Grin
Life is too short for the bullshit and mediocrity!!