Need some info on Cancun
Sup guys.

I did not find any threads on Cancun. I am heading there this week for half a week to reset my Colombian visa (go from Student to Tourist) see Chichen Itza and probably meet a girl or two.

I would be curious on ant travel suggestions from those of you who have been there, as well as good places to daygame and go out to grab a beer or even good taco places.
Vinny the Instagram Casanova
http://www.igcasanova.com
Move your datasheets from RVF to Swoop the world!
First thing is that you should not stay in Cancun at all neither the city proper (which is a dump) nor the hotel zone (which is over priced and full of shitty Gringos). Upon arrival at the airport, once you clear customs and get your bags, find the Ado bus counter and buy a ticket to another destination- I recommend either Playa Del Carmen, Tulum or Merida. The former two are tourist hot spots with PDC being more upscale/posh and Tulum more hippy vibe but also full of young hot chicas doing the Eat, Pray, Love thing. Merida is a proper city, about 700K population and is very chill/nice and colonial, it’s also fairly closet to Chicinitza.

You could visit all of those places and get around by ADO buses/colectivos pretty easily. It’s low season so you barter for hotel deals, it will also be hot as fuck there so be prepared for that.
The guy above me is absolutely correct, get out of Cancun. I'd personally visit Tulum.

You could also make a day trip to Isla Mujeres or Cozumel for sightseeing.

The hotel area / sand bar strip of Cancun is like being trapped in some tourist prison where everything is overpriced and there's no class or charm. If you wanted to stay at a nice hotel on the beach and sit around all day maybe you could make it work. Otherwise go somewhere else.
Vinny, you are not the right fit for Cancun

Cancun is American spring break for 18-22 year olds
New Post:

Daygame in Korea

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)
I think “Cancun” is used interchangeably with the Quintana Roo/Yucatan region. The stereotypical spring break party scene is a very small part of what the entire area has to offer. I actually regret not visiting the region earlier as it has so much to offer but I always thought going to Cancun meant being surrounded by obnoxious Gringo retards.
(06-07-2019, 03:22 AM)Scotian Wrote: I think “Cancun” is used interchangeably with the Quintana Roo/Yucatan region. The stereotypical spring break party scene is a very small part of what the entire area has to offer. I actually regret not visiting the region earlier as it has so much to offer but I always thought going to Cancun meant being surrounded by obnoxious Gringo retards.

I concur with this. There's a lot to see in the region. 

While it can be fun to just hang out on the beaches of Cancun or Playa, there are other more authentic destinations in the Yucatan. One suggestion I'd recommend for a two or three day mini road trip would be renting a car and heading south to Laguna de Bacalar. It's long fresh water lake that is connected to the cenote system, meaning it has incredibly clear and clean water and a white sand bottom.  You can swim out into the middle and, quite literally, watch yourself drift into different shades of blue. I think they claim there are 6 or 7 different shades of blue (don't quote me exactly on that figure).  It's gorgeous. When I went, I was concerned about crocodiles, but everyone assured me that the laguna has no crocodiles and that if a hurricane ever brings one in, the locals kill it because they enjoy swimming in the lake too.  

Since the lake is near the border with Belize, you can stop at the main tourist sites of Playa and Tulum, as well. You'll also pass through miles and miles of Yucatan jungle on either side of the road and signs for jaguar crossings.  Most of the Yucatan is pretty safe, so you should be able to get a hotel anywhere along the route or even in Chetumal, on the Belizean border. I took the trip with a hotel worker chilanga and we stopped in a little taqueria in Felipe Carrillo Puerto that she claimed had the spiciest tacos in the Yucatan. While I don't know if that's true, the tacos were pretty good. Maybe if you get into that town, you can ask some locals about it. There's a tiny abuela who runs it.  

A lot of other, more typical gringo or chilango tourist places in the Yucatan are well-documented, so you should be able to find out information on them from more traditional channels. 

It's also cool to just sit on the beach, have a few drinks, and relax.

If you want to save money and/or have a more authentic Mexican experience, you can stay in Cancun city instead of the resort strip. It's safe and authentically Mexican. The drawback is that it's not right on the water. During the day and into the night, buses run every few minutes out to the resort strip beaches. Late at night, it's easier enough to get a taxi to the strip or back to the city. The city is also going to have better food options if you're into Mexican street food stalls and local taquerias (I am. Authentic Mexican food is delicious).

When I went to Playa del Carmen, I stayed in the tourist area. The chilanga told me that the local areas of Playa are dangerous. However, that's just what she said. I don't know the veracity of it and you should fact check it.
Thanks guys, that is some great info. Will definitely try to stay less in Cancun and more outside of it.
Vinny the Instagram Casanova
http://www.igcasanova.com
Move your datasheets from RVF to Swoop the world!
If you're planning to spend some time at the beach, keep in mind that it may be covered by piles of sargazo (a type of seaweed). I was in Yucatan a few weeks ago, and this was an issue in Playa del Carmen and Tulum. The beaches in the north of Yucatan (Holbox area) were fine, as well as the western beaches of Cozumel.
Be very careful traveling in the south of Mexico by car, some roads are notoriously dangerous (even for locals) and the indigenous communities make a living of blocking roads and blackmailing people or even kidnapping and there is nothing the authorities can do (they don't want to fuck with these communities as it would be bad press for the govt.)

Be especially careful in the states of Chiapas and Guerrero.

Cancun and Playa del Carmen should be okay but I'm just posting this in case someone is tempted to just rent a car and explore the country, it can be done but do your research first.
(06-10-2019, 09:08 AM)Shifty Wrote: Be very careful traveling in the south of Mexico by car, some roads are notoriously dangerous (even for locals) and the indigenous communities make a living of blocking roads and blackmailing people or even kidnapping and there is nothing the authorities can do (they don't want to fuck with these communities as it would be bad press for the govt.)

Be especially careful in the states of Chiapas and Guerrero.

Cancun and Playa del Carmen should be okay but I'm just posting this in case someone is tempted to just rent a car and explore the country, it can be done but do your research first.

I drove around the states of Quintana Roo and Yucatan, including rural inland areas, and had no issues. Car rental is cheap. 
Not saying the above isn't true though. And if you do get in trouble, there's very little mobile signal inland outside the cities.
Quintana Roo and Yucatan seem pretty safe to me but like any violent country, things can change quickly so be sure to read the regional news for things like protests. I once showed up in Buenaventura, Colombia and the hotel staff asked WTF I was doing there, I didn’t realize that there was a big gang war going on in the city and the President sent in 1500 troops to calm things down. I was kinda wondering why there were so many soldiers with machine guns on every corner as I walked from the bus station to the hotel.
if you get to playa
the busy street by water has massage girls
forgot street name ,they offer full service fyi if into that
on my last trip ,saw most others were from argentina some other south american countries
so mexico is better than their country looking for jobs working for cash
you could pull some of those single girls if you hangout bars in playa
Picking up chicas in Playa isn’t so easy, many are there with family and friends, especially Gringas. I’d recommend focusing on Mexicans visiting from other cities and other Latinas there working or on vacation.
Merida is where it's at for dating and fun (most girls just average tho, but some cuties exist) and honestly I think Progreso has a nicer beach than any of the areas on the Caribbean Quintana Roo side too. The little waves are more fun and there is none of the sargassum seaweed bs (no snorkeling or diving though in the gulf if you're into that). That being said, I wouldn't be caught dead anywhere in that region this time of year. You would die of heat stroke! hahah only half kidding
(06-13-2019, 12:32 AM)Scotian Wrote: Picking up chicas in Playa isn’t so easy, many are there with family and friends, especially Gringas. I’d recommend focusing on Mexicans visiting from other cities and other Latinas there working or on vacation.

I did notice this when I was there in March of last year. However, around that time there were at least some college students who evidently weren't in Cancun and turned out to be rather approachable. I think the very fact that they weren't in Cancun kind of gave away that they wanted something less crazy.
does anybody know the best months (peak season) to daygame in playa del carmen. I heard its dec and jan. has anybody been here at different months and noticed a big difference e.g dec/jan or july/aug etc
Ya November-April is high season with Dec/Jan being peak, outside of those months there’s fewer international tourists and more locals.