NoJokeHoward Dies in Mexico City
I've followed this guy for years. Very entertaining real dude. Gave no fucks. 

He started making vids in Cambodia and got addicted to drugs. Had to leave and return to the US. Traveled around some. Then recently moved to Mexico. Looked like he was doing alright. 

Noticed he hadn't put out a video in awhile so went to his IG and saw RIP posts. Was shocked. My initial thought was suicide. He has always fought with depression, sexual confusion and thoughts of killing himself. The official statement from his mother is that he passed due to a heart attack. I learn towards heart attack or OD. 

This dude lived his life how he wanted on his terms. Respect. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUS2V4_RGnU
Never heard of this guy before but I just went down the rabbit hole watched some of his content. You're definitely right. Dude doesn't give a fuck. He's the kind of guy who would be fun to get drunk with but then somehow the night always ends up in a fight or almost landing in jail for doing something retarded. Good times, I probably wouldn't chill with him in real life anymore though. I can't handle that these days, but too bad about his passing. Always sad to see a fellow traveler go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VRyU9RY3mE
"Almost Arrested For Drugs & My Meaningful Last Day In Cambodia"

edit: video embed not working
I vaguely followed this guy's videos. Sad to hear such a young guy dealing with demons. I respect that he went off the beaten path, but his videos came off as him not being a happy guy, despite being brutally honest at times.

He's not the only vlogger or even forum guy I sense comes off like that, so I hope if the others I think of that may be a bit similar see this, they take a step back and try to find more positive elements in their life in those parts of the world. The lifestyle has chewed up and spit up many men. The risk of the pursuit of freedom and happiness.
This dude was rarely happy.

Constantly battled depression, sexual confusion, suicidal thoughts, insomnia, mental illness and drug addiction.

All documented in his videos.

I am still in a bit of shock. Literally watched a video of his every week for 3 years. A bit surreal to think I will never see another video of his. Was really looking forward to watching his new life unfold in Mexico.

Fuck.
Was this the guy who was dating a Cambodian Tranny?
Yeah I got sucked down the rabbit hole with this guy too. Super interesting guy. It's like he has different personalities; the bro dude during his earlier fighting days, and then a smarter, sober personality after his withdrawals. Then of course the videos where he's totally fucked up, drinking cans in the forest alone and doing videos. The brutal honesty about gay sex and the lady body girlfriend was also pretty shocking, refreshing after so much manosphere fronting. Good shit all round, RIP. Just goes to show you never truly recover from heroin addiction. He even had his mother with him in Cambodia during his worst days.
Drug and alcohol addiction is pretty fucked up and I caution any young guys who think it’s cool to get caught up in that lifestyle, it really isn’t worth it. I smoked crack when I was a teen, dabbled in some opiates, tried meth and of course did handfuls of shrooms, ex pills, cocaine, etc. If I could go back in time I would’ve never touched any of them.
Damn I followed this guy too. Funny smart and wild dude. Genuinely didn’t give a fuck and most brutally honest guy out there. Wondered why I hadn’t seen his YouTube vids pop up on Facebook for a while just assumed Facebook wiped him.
One thing I will say is that going down a life path like this does tend to make people more wise overall in the end I think. If you never saw the night, how would you know when it's day? so to speak..  We need the good times and the bad to gain a deeper perspective. Partying hard and traveling hard is a good way to voluntarily put yourself through this mental shitstorm of crazy up and down swings.

I've definitely followed a similar path at times, and for me it is a constant feeling like you're chasing something, a romanticized or ideal version of life that you can never quite reach. That perfect buzz, that perfect paradise somewhere out there. It's a fruitless pursuit, but one I think is worthwhile in the grand scheme of things. You learn a lot along the way. Sadly, not everyone makes it out to the other side alive.
Youtube is so cool in that it gives anyone the platform to create content, build an audience and be known all over the world.

I watched this guy every week for 3 years. He was apart of my life in a way. His passing hits me more than an uncle or aunt if I am being honest.

I should look to find other interesting and entertaining vloggers. He was really the only one I religiously watched and followed closely.

Also makes me kind of want to start a youtube channel.

Ol No Joke did more in his short life than most men do in 80.
Quote:We have received ALL of the information in regards to Braeton's aka No Joke Howard's death.  We are preparing something to inform you of how he passed.  It has been extremely difficult and an emotional roller coaster for us.  Because he passed in a foreign country it has taken up til this time to get all information.  We can confidently say there was no foul play.  We hope you understand this is all still so fresh to us.  I feel as his mother he would want you to know what happened.  The condolences are so very appreciated.  We will post something when WE are ready.  Again, thank you and God Bless.  Mom

From the Youtube
^^

maybe it wasn't a heart attack.

i am very curious to learn what actually happen.

with him, nothing would shock me

what video did she leave that comment?
Pretty relatable guy - minus the whole fucking ladyboys thing.

Knew some guys like him in Thailand. Relatively normal dudes who didn't think it was gay to fuck LBs lol. Anyway guy probably got exposed to a petri dish of viruses. Combined with drugs made his immune system shit. Not surprised he dropped dead. Sad though.

While I appreciate his genuineness the guy also glamorized an incredibly unhealthy lifestyle. There's a middle ground to be found between being a puritan and a complete degenerate. Howard never found it.
I liked some of his early vids in Cambodia where he was giving Muay Thai tips. I only saw a few of his vids, when I saw him talking tranny stuff I tuned out.
(07-09-2019, 06:22 AM)Dash Wrote: ^^

maybe it wasn't a heart attack.

i am very curious to learn what actually happen.

with him, nothing would shock me

what video did she leave that comment?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZE9TQh.../community

I actually think the ladyboy thing was idiosyncratic and endearing. Such a breath of fresh air from all the bullshit manosphere fronting.
"When people learn the story of what happened. They will understand just how difficult not only losing your son is, but what occurred.. how it all went down. Emotional roller coaster especially the wait. Mom"

Damn, seems to be a lot more to the story than initially expressed.

Fuck, can not wait to hear about this.

In true No Joke fashion. Going out with a bang.

Trying to google his name and city, died in spanish to try and find any local news reports but can't find shit.
I've seen his videos pop up on my feed from time to time over the years, but never was a fan. Curious how he died, so I looked at his channel. His last video is literally about an altercation with his neighbor.

He most likely was taken out/killed lol
(07-09-2019, 07:32 PM)Telesio Wrote: He mentions taking hard drugs in his videos, so I am not surprised.  It is estimated that 130 Americans die a day from opioids.  And these are controlled and purified drugs given under a doctor's prescription.  Getting an unregulated drug off the street is doubly dangerous.  There is no guarantee you are getting a pure substance.  If a drug crosses your blood-brain barrier and depresses your respiratory system, it takes 2 minutes to choke to death.  LSD and other drugs can stimulate the heart fast enough to cause a heart attack.   I know someone in Mexico who picked a plant growing in his garden and ate it.  He went into a coma and spent over a month in intensive care.

I don’t think those accurate, many people become addicted to doctor prescribed opiates then move onto the street stuff like Mexican black tar, fentanyl, SE Asian heroin, etc. I was on skid row in Vancouver yesterday looking for cheap smokes, that place is insane with people openly smoking crack/meth/heroin in the open.
How much are your packs up there now?  We are pushing 12 usd here on the central west coast usa.  I've been thinking about taking a jaunt up to Vancouver (or Calgary) in the next few months.  Never been to either.  Anything good to see or do?  I like the northern climes.
(07-09-2019, 07:32 PM)Telesio Wrote: He mentions taking hard drugs in his videos, so I am not surprised.  It is estimated that 130 Americans die a day from opioids.  And these are controlled and purified drugs given under a doctor's prescription.  Getting an unregulated drug off the street is doubly dangerous.  There is no guarantee you are getting a pure substance.  If a drug crosses your blood-brain barrier and depresses your respiratory system, it takes 2 minutes to choke to death.  LSD and other drugs can stimulate the heart fast enough to cause a heart attack.   I know someone in Mexico who picked a plant growing in his garden and ate it.  He went into a coma and spent over a month in intensive care.

LSD is amazing, don't lump it in with opiates and cocaine. It expands your consciousness. You've been lied to.