Game life after 30+ Priorities and burnout How to not get Rooshed.
Politics is pretty fucking toxic. I got caught up in it a bit myself during the last election. It ruined Roosh and Thernovich. Both have been broken men since. Therno went full on stupid making enemies of the alt right when the mainstream/left was already trying to bury him. The ego is one hell of a drug.

Unless you're a slimy politician or lobbyist, there's zero net benefit to speaking about it or even worrying about it. I'm proud to say I havent watched a news broadcast in over a year. I just feel so far removed from it.
Way to deal with politics sanely is start with the assumption that you can't change anything, which is actually true other than at the very local level. At best you can understand what is going on and why, predict the future to some extent, position yourself to prosper/avoid damage based on these predictions.
Politics talk is fine in real life in my experience. Normal people in a social group setting will usually moderate what they say so they're not too extreme, because nobody likes social conflict. So its easier for any group discussion to find consensus in the middle. And normal people usually have more moderate/centrist views to begin with.

The problem with talking about politics on the internet is people take the most extreme left/right wing stances, because they're behind a keyboard. And any discussion of it attracts complete nutjobs, who're absolute extremists, who quickly flood the forum. So the discourse quickly becomes poisoned, and dragged far beyond whats in the range of whats acceptable to most people.
The problem with politics is it's draining. There's MORE TO LIFE than politics and politics has infused every aspect of our lives, most disturbing to me being entertainment. It's harder and harder to get away from politics even if you want to when even TV shows or f*cking commercials are telling you that being a white straight male is inherently toxic.

So it seems like politics is pretty far along in tearing the fabric of society apart whether we participate in it or not. Gender relations is sure broken thanks to #MeToo, and left/right in general has become polarized thanks to Trump on the right and Cancel culture NPCs/SJWs on the left.

It just seems like things are headed for some sort of showdown because what we have now is simply unsustainable.
Basically move to a 3rd world country, don't follow western news and hang out there until it becomes the same.
Roosh has such a heavy, borderline psychotic vibe it doesnt surprise me he couldnt pull many quality girls. Girls are dumb but they can read vibes and subtext. He doesnt understand church girls arent going to be some different type of game.

Maybe its because I grew up in catholic schools but if youre an adult convert thinking you found some solution to dating youre sorely mistaken.
(11-01-2019, 11:15 AM)Disco_Volante Wrote: Roosh has such a heavy, borderline psychotic vibe it doesnt surprise me he couldnt pull many quality girls. Girls are dumb but they can read vibes and subtext. He doesnt understand church girls arent going to be some different type of game.

Maybe its because I grew up in catholic schools but if youre an adult convert thinking you found some solution to dating youre sorely mistaken.

He surely failed in E.E, where literary everyone finds a nice traditional girlfriend two points higher than the West.
Roosh was so focused on nightgame. What the hell did he expect to find in clubs, but sluts?
Too many paradoxes. But I'm not buying that he turned to religion due to being unable to maintain a relationship with
an EE girl. That's absurd. Everybody knows that EE is so damn easy for LTR.
Even Quasimodo could find a decent LTR.
Girls are literally thirsty for LTR and they will even try their best to impregnate them asap.

If he did turn to religion, because he could not find a LTR, what can I say. Simply retarded.
Roosh should be ashamed of himself for misleading so many good men into transient, sterile hook ups.

Or most likely he had some agenda.

In any case, shame.
If I were Roosh, I'd be laughing at the guys here who can't stop posting about him.

Especially if what they were saying was true.
(11-02-2019, 10:58 AM)262 Wrote: If I were Roosh, I'd be laughing at the guys here who can't stop posting about him.

Especially if what they were saying was true.

Exactly... Roosh is just a dude on the internet who presided over a popular forum and a rag content farm for lost men in Return of Kings.

His forum has gone from endearingly eccentric and eclectic to bizarre over the years and is now obviously infested with basement dwelling out-of-touch ideological losers.

Whether this all happened due to his character arc or is a natural outcome of an aging group of men, who cares... I don't know the guy any more than what I've seen in his writing but all this speculation about his history and motives is gay. Instead of swooptheworld seems like a lot of guys want to swooptheroosh.

Wishing those guys would contribute their thoughts and experience in other parts of the forum because that's what will make this place worthwhile.

edit And in getting this thread back on to the topic of Game life after 30+ Priorities and burnout

As I age into my 30's I seem to be satisfied taking longer breaks away from girls. I don't want a family and understand that 'everything has its season' — now is not the season for girls but I imagine it will come back. I have a few girls in Mexico City that I can go back to but I'm lukewarm on them

Right now the season is enjoying the abundant leisure time I have at my disposal: light workouts as I nurse myself back from elbow surgery, cooking simple meals, going to meetups, paddleboarding when the weather permits, playing COD WW2 on lazy Saturday afternoons when the noobs log on, spending time with my cousin and acting like an absolute idiot when playing his kids, enjoying podcasts on my 30 minute drive into the city, and reading on history, crypto, or whatever other topic captures my interest.
262:

"Especially if what they were saying was true"

--------------

What is not true? That if you bang fatties and ugly women, you become a misogynist and a monk? Or that if you bang attractive woman, you love life?

please stop trolling and post things that make sense.
(11-03-2019, 09:37 AM)sarcofago Wrote: 262:

"Especially if what they were saying was true"

--------------

What is not true? That if you bang fatties and ugly women, you become a misogynist and a monk? Or that if you bang attractive woman, you love life?

please stop trolling and post things that make sense.

If Roosh is a loser (as you imply he is; I don't care if he is or not), then a bigger loser is the troll who can't stop posting about him.

The troll here is you. As billydingdong implied, you don't want to SwoopTheWorld, you want to SwoopTheRoosh.

At this point you're also definitely breaking the forum rule of staying on topic.

Getting back on topic, my goals as I move through my 30's are to start a family and find a goal outside that. I've already got my money sorted out, and girls by themselves don't have quite the appeal to me as they used to.
I'm 36. After 30 it's not any different. If you ran yourself into the ground in your 20s, make an effort to step back from dating - or do an LTR for a while. You can burn out from dating easily if you spend a lot of time on dating apps because there is something fundamentally wrong about the amount of choice you have in that situation. It's just like working out and lifting, you need to lift heavier. Do real life game. You will struggle more to burn out. 

Because I've been getting older, I'm more careful about my lifestyle. I drink a whole lot less, I eat better, I sleep better. As a result, when I do go out, it's hard to stay out late. I just don't have the motivation, especially solo. So that's the big change.

I was married in my 20s. I see a lot of dudes in their 20s in serious relationships they are ambivalent about. Yet, they are getting engaged and planning out their 30s out of some fear of missing out (on family life/marriage/ect.). One of these guys is 27, been with the chick for 10 years, and is now engaged. Isn't particularly excited about the chick, has a philosophy "all relationships get boring", and has her as his only notch. He's not a particularly beta guy, he could get a cuter chick, but he has no courage to be single. They don't have sex. Their whole life is planned out -- bought a house, kids in 3 years, ect.

Meanwhile, I see guys who are married with kids. You can tell they're not in love. No photos of their wives at work. Maybe they're proud of their kids, but the marriage is not a source of joy.

I just have absolutely no jealousy for the family men in their 20s and 30s. Maybe when a guy is like 50 he can be satisfied with marriage, or maybe not. I know a guy in his 50s who has been married for a good 10-15 years, he knocked up a young chick abroad and got a divorce when his wife found out. Happy as a clam to have a kid who basically isn't tied to marriage. He can visit, provide support here and there. He doesn't have to sit next to the chick every night and watch Netflix and hate his life.

The notion that you need to slow down in your 30s, that's ridiculous. Be open to dating one girl at a time and meeting "the one", but don't throw all your cards in on LTRs and marriage just because you feel like it's what you need to do... Been there done that, it's all been done before.