Meetups: Are they worth it? Lessons learned.
Met 2 guys from RooshV

Seemed fine, cool guys
(02-18-2020, 07:21 AM)Greavsie Wrote: but once your beyond your mid thirties, you'll find other guys that are obsessed in this area, as to make it their main focus, tend to be damaged

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

My goodness where else am I going to run off to if I can't sportfuck? Should I start attending church now.
(02-20-2020, 05:33 PM)JekyllAndhyde Wrote: My goodness where else am I going to run off to if I can't sportfuck? Should I start attending church now.

Maybe.

I bet you could have a whole lot of fun sportfucking the women at church.
I've met multiple guys from Rooshv. Some of them I didn't get their handles, others post-game Christianity Roosh stage. I have met Cobra, Doc Holliday, Snowplow, fullthrottle, as well as talked on the phone with Scotian.

Nobody was weird aside from one guy who seemed like he had a bad case of stranger danger at the LA Roosh talk.
It's the luck of the draw really. Met two, both are cool, didn't really click with one of them. Into different things. No crazy weirdos, though.

Totally worth it. The chances of you finding someone that's into the same shit as you is harder IRL, especially game, especially in this day and age.
After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
Give those meetups rep points guys!
I've met a lot of guys from RVF in multiple countries. A good half dozen of those I'd consider my friends. Most were cool, easy-going dudes.

Given the implosion of RVF, the BBC expose and the occasional weirdos I've come across, I'm now far less inclined to meet new people.
(02-20-2020, 07:34 PM)crudeloyalist Wrote: I've met a lot of guys from RVF in multiple countries. A good half dozen of those I'd consider my friends. Most were cool, easy-going dudes.

Given the implosion of RVF, the BBC expose and the occasional weirdos I've come across, I'm now far less inclined to meet new people.

So you made a half dozen of friends, something incredibly valuable, out of meetups, but now you don't want to meet up anymore because Roosh became a Christian extremist, the BBC made some dumb documentary and you've met a few weirdos as well? 

Sorry but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. That you don't want to meet some of the new rvf posters I can understand, but these guys are not on here so... The BBC thing I also don't see the link to be honest, but I didn't follow that in detail. And weirdos you can avoid just by pre-screening a bit better most times.
meeting up here sounds a whole lot like going through s procedure and putting in too much thought trying not to look odd. What for? Let's meet, anyone here. For me it's rather easy to mingle and meet with no strings attached. My broad personality fits lots of situations
Most RVF guys I met were ok, a number of weirdos though, I invited the weirdos to meet my friends so we can have a laugh about them for years afterwards

The weirdest guys I met called themselves PUA's lol
That's what I'm talking about. Meet the weirdos who cares? You don't have any obligation to stay with them, you don't owe them nothing. Some of the newbies you can see them pick up shit in a few night and become less weird. That's great. I can see it being somewhat of a risk when you are in your home town, but when traveling... Its no different than the other dude from the hostel. It will even make for good stories.
That's fair enough. To be honest, I'm not that fussed about the weirdos...I myself am far from perfect. My issue is with those who presented themselves as an authority on a subject matter online, when in real life their persona don't match.

The BBC doc featured a journalist who 'infiltrated' a day game boot camp hosted by a then-popular PUA group. This was around the same time a Scottish-Asian PUA got 2 years in prison for 'harassing' girls while doing aggressive day game. For context, I regularly attended public meetups in the same country this took place. So you could say I'm somewhat paranoid of meeting new people.
My guess is as long as you're not "infamous" enough to get undercover journalists tons of clicks when they "expose" you, you'll be fine.

If you're still paranoid though, you could at least wear a wire, to present the full story, in the likely event they do some biased editing.
I can understand the real PUA meetups are a bit tricky nowadays. I honestly don't see this as a PUA forum at all. We talk about game off course and picking up women in different countries, but we also go broader than that and no one here is selling bootcamps as far as I know. For me meetups are just shooting the shit together with some guys, having a couple of drinks, possibly if the vibe is good go out together and even visit some sights another day. Out of that real friendships evolve off course. Just met up with Natas here again in Ecuador, another guy coming in next week and another respected RVF member just left a few days ago.