The Approach Thread
01/06/20 – Monster Energy Drink Crash and High Octane Game

Oh man, I need to remind myself to avoid Monster Energy Drinks before day gaming at Mayfair Mall. I felt scattered as hell, yet also hyperactive and a bit too high energy for a low energy venue. Not to mention, I almost did shotgun approaches (one approach every 10-15 minutes) since I was so fucking hyped to go day gaming.

Needless to say, I’d bet it’d work if I was night gaming, but it was a terrible idea to go day gaming on an empty stomach while fueled by Monster lol!

I guess I played to win a bit too hard.

Approach #1: The first store I hit at Mayfair was an American Eagle Outfitters. I ran an opinion opener by asking, “Excuse me, do I look good in these pair of jeans?” The girl was positive and agreed, but I was a bit too excited due to my Monster fueled hyperactivity. The set lasted less than 5 minutes.

Approach #2: After that, I hit up a half-Black/half-White girl in Barnes and Nobles. She had a purple bottom and white jacket. Kinda cute. I said her outfit was adorable… but I swear my 5 year old niece wore the same thing on Christmas. She chuckled a bit, but once again, my energy was too high and too strong. I think due to the lack of sleep accompanied by a Monster left me suuuuuper strung out. Set lasted less than 5 minutes.

Approach #3: While prowling the mall hella fast, I was starting to come down from my energy rush, but it was still there. I met a white girl sporting a Noir-style makeup: Dark red lips, pale face, elegant hair. Very attractive. I made a direct comment on it, before she left the set.

Approach #4: My final approach was this girl walking by with an elegant jacket. She was cute, but after I comment on her jacket, she said it was warm and cheap. She left the set in less than 30 seconds.

However…

I consider this a win. Why? I was able to do spontaneous openers accompanied by fast, non-needy approaches. Two months ago I’d never do that.

01/08/20 – The Mall Is Unusually Dead

Southridge Mall was unusually quiet today. I saw a few people scattered about, but not much. I did two sets – one great, one fast – and I consider it a massive win since I was playing to win, instead of playing to not lose with my first set.

Approach #1: When I first entered Southridge Mall, I decided to lurk for targets at H&M. I ran into this girl, she was semi-cute, a hard HB 5, but not cute enough that I’d ask for her number. But hell, she was cute enough to practice on. She was white, had glasses, long brunette hair, and some acne on her face. At first, I pegged her for a teenager. Turns out, she’s 20.

The best thing I did in that set was playing to win: I didn’t hold back. I played cocky funny, with a few push-pull lines that I followed up on. We had a great interaction and caused the girl to chase a few times during the set. Too bad she wasn’t cute enough or I’d ask for her number.

Approach #2: I made a slightly uncalibrated approach this time around. I was walking for 30 minutes to an hour without spotting a viable set. Out of nowhere, from behind me, a Latina girl sporting slightly classier clothes compared to everyone else, walks by. Immediately, without any prior calibration, I say, “Wow, that jacket is pretty cute.”

She turns around and cocks her brow. I knew the set wouldn’t be good, but fuck it. I followed up with, “Where did you get it?” She shrugs her shoulders, “JCPenny’s from upstairs,” before walking off.
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right.” - Confucius

“Flirting is not just something you say or do. It is something you embody.“ - Todd V

Last night had dinner with a buddy at this swank sushi spot. Upon leaving I decided to open these 2 girls mid-way through their meal. I just said "fancy pants" and looked down at what she was wearing, then at her. We all laughed. Had to squeeze between tables and really be in their space, but they seemed to appreciate the tenacity. They were in town only until the next morning so I didn't bother with the number.

Funny to look up mid-set and see all surrounding tables watching, as if they've never seen something so brash. I've taken a break from going out at night, so I always try to squeeze these approaches in whenever I can.
^^
Ed Latimore's Not Caring What Other People Think is a Superpower details this perfectly. If you can cold approach women you're in the top percent of dudes. If I remember correctly it's because people are on their phones and they're not used to going up to strangers. I can't get laid on tinder (I stopped trying) but it seems like my odds are better by cold approaching.

I'm chatting up some girls online and if all goes well I am going to do a trip around Latin America for about 1.5 weeks. I'll probably do it 3-6 months from now. I've just been so busy. One of them seems to be a headcase (she says her best friend is some dude in another country??) another is into my ethnicity as she posts up telenovelas she likes to watch. I talked about the latter here, big titties but a bit too fat. Whatever get your layups in.

I just talked to a girl at the gym. She was flustered that I told her she was beautiful. I was getting endorphin rush and was finishing up my workout she ended the conversation because she was uncomfortable. I'll make her more comfortable by waving at her and being more playful. There's a couple cuties that work/work out at my gym. Even if I don't bang that particular girl being seen with her might lead to a lay.
I'm a new refugee from the Roosh forum. Glad we can still talk about approaching here.  I've been doing well in Miami for the past year and had 2 good dates this past week, but last night I had a series of bad blowouts and in-my-head-ism where the last half of the night I could barely approach. Not getting enough sleep and drinking too much were likely culprits. I wasn't planning to go out but 3 friends were going, so I thought I'd tough it out.

I've been either lucky, skilled or naturally suave as I've heard Miami is a tough town for approaching, but my results have been good (except last night). The blowouts stung during the moment and demoralized me, but today I feel fine and better for the experience.

No matter what happens the night before, when you wake up, you reset to 0. Take everything as a learning experience and keep on trying new things.
(01-12-2020, 08:52 PM)ChicagoFire Wrote: I can't get laid on tinder

There is a very good guide for setting up a good Tinder profile over at Reddit:

https://old.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comm...ucceed_at/

https://archive.is/9Xxau

(01-12-2020, 08:52 PM)ChicagoFire Wrote: I just talked to a girl at the gym. She was flustered that I told her she was beautiful. I was getting endorphin rush and was finishing up my workout she ended the conversation because she was uncomfortable. I'll make her more comfortable by waving at her and being more playful.

Be very careful here. This is dangerously close to oneitis, which is a guaranteed way to never get together with a girl. Once someone is in a girl's friend zone, there is no getting out of it. [1] The only way to move forward is to next her and try with another girl.

[1] Well, OK, that's not 100% true. I was a girl's friend zone for over half a decade. Long after no longer trying to pursue her, and after she hit the wall and gained a lot of weight, she started giving me some very heavy IOIs (Indicators of interest).  I was no longer interested in her, but we are close friends to this day.
(01-12-2020, 08:52 PM)ChicagoFire Wrote: ^^
Ed Latimore's Not Caring What Other People Think is a Superpower details this perfectly. If you can cold approach women you're in the top percent of dudes. If I remember correctly it's because people are on their phones and they're not used to going up to strangers. I can't get laid on tinder (I stopped trying) but it seems like my odds are better by cold approaching.

Check your PM's. Sending you a resource

You can DEFINITELY get laid off tinder. Your profile/messaging probably just need a few tweaks. Draw water from all sources
I've been chatting up girls before I go into work lately, solely daygame. Sometimes I only get one approach in before I have to clock in, but it's better than none. Here's my one from yesterday:

Seen a girl in black dress and heels. Approached and told her she's cute and I had to say hi. She say's I'm cute too, but she doesn't want to talk now. She's going to work. I wanted to follow, but felt a bit weird about it, so I let it go.
After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
I was grocery shopping and there were a couple hot/cute chicks in the store. I only talked to one. She had a phat ass but aside from that was average. Kind of dorky looking but at least no weird piercings or hair colors. She's greek and I blank out during the conversation. I'll see her again. Next time I'll tell her she's beautiful.
(01-12-2020, 08:52 PM)ChicagoFire Wrote: I just talked to a girl at the gym. She was flustered that I told her she was beautiful. I was getting endorphin rush and was finishing up my workout she ended the conversation because she was uncomfortable. I'll make her more comfortable by waving at her and being more playful. There's a couple cuties that work/work out at my gym. Even if I don't bang that particular girl being seen with her might lead to a lay.

(01-13-2020, 08:14 PM)ChicagoFire Wrote: I was grocery shopping and there were a couple hot/cute chicks in the store. I only talked to one. She had a phat ass but aside from that was average. Kind of dorky looking but at least no weird piercings or hair colors. She's greek and I blank out during the conversation. I'll see her again. Next time I'll tell her she's beautiful.

"She told me she was uncomfortable. I'll make her more comfortable, by continuing to pursue her"
-If a girl tells you she's uncomfortable around you, move on. No time for that.

Be careful with the overbearing compliments. You can definitely do it in a playful way, but it sounds like you're professing your love to these girls. I had to help a buddy with this exact issue.
(01-13-2020, 08:14 PM)ChicagoFire Wrote: Next time I'll tell her she's beautiful.

Let me join the chorus: Under no circumstances tell her she is beautiful. This is a big time blue pill mistake.

Instead, read the Book of Pook and learn the basics before approaching women. There are ways to be successful on Twitter, and there are ways to be successful with Day Game, and there are ways to be successful with night game.  But things have to be done correctly, or the girls will get creeped out and you will be, at best, in the friend zone.

Here is a link to the Book of Pook.  This is a free download, without ads nor registration nor any other commercial bullshit. We are sharing this knowledge because we want to free you from the pain of being a Beta male and make you a happier Alpha male.

https://okxd.me/Book%20of%20Pook%20-%20A...rville.pdf (Computer screen or on letter/A4 sized paper)

https://okxd.me/Book%20of%20Pook%20-%20A...rville.pdf (Phone screen)

I would had saved myself many years of beta pain if this book was available when I was your age.
CF, first off I find it commendable for making these approaches and saying something. To the extent that you're not overbearing or obnoxious, that should be celebrated. You're getting a lot of constructive criticism here for telling girls they're beautiful so early on, and the crowd is right.

It's too on the nose.

Girls do, however, love to hear that they're beautiful and respond very well to it, just not in the way that you might expect. The way that you should compliment a girl's beauty is to make an artful and poignant comment on a characteristic/feature of hers.

If she's pretty and bubbly and has a great smile, she has 'soft and disarming eyes that make boys fall hard'.

If she's pretty and bookish, she has 'a thoughtful countenance — seems there's more going on in your head than you can probably express'.

And if she's pretty and stern (i.e. has a resting bitchface), she has 'a strong/discerning gaze that probably makes a lot of people nervous'.

You don't have to say these exact words of course and you should tailor your compliment based on her personality, her attitude and, one can hope, your endearment toward her. What matters is that you hone in on something singular and subtle (and not something general like 'pretty eyes', 'soft skin' or 'great hair').

The manner that you pay these compliments, I believe, is very important. It should be delivered warmly, relaxed, and in passing (i.e. without trying to tug a reaction from her). Once you make your remark, you shouldn't linger on it and you should move on to another topic. If she's at all into you or curious, then you can rest assured that your comment will stick with her and amplify in her mind.

Finally, I don't recommend a compliment like this as one of the first things to say to a girl unless she is already giving you strong choosing signals. It's better used for when some degree of attraction + comfort is already established.
What about cute or attractive? I've been using that to break in, and then switch to something else right after.

Anyways, three approaches yesterday:

Black/Italian
Girl wearing a black dress and heels, curvy bod. Told her she was cute. Asked her what shes mixed with, bantered about that for a bit, and then asked her where she was going. She's going to her fiances show, she says. Told her that was a shame, and left

NewYorker
Alright girl with a fat ass. She seemed uninterested. Ejected

Punk Rocker Chick
At the bus stop, seen a cutie with a nice pair of tits, no bra, thin tanktop, sexy nipples. Huge turn on for me, so I had to approach. Told her she was attractive, asked her if she had a smoke. She's searching her bag, I'm searching her body. She doesn't have any, so she says I can have the rest of hers.

She says she doesn't have cooties, so don't worry. I start joking about the cootie thing, asked if she has herpes, some other random ass banter. She want's a drag, so I give her one, more jokes about cooties. Before I could get to know anything about her, she says her boyfriend is here. Surprised it was another black guy. Still flirting because I didn't catch on until later. Oh well. Still a fun set.
After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
(01-15-2020, 01:11 PM)whitewashedblackguy Wrote: What about cute or attractive? I've been using that to break in, and then switch to something else right after.

'Cute' or 'attractive' can obviously work fine. Of the two, I'd say 'cute' is better. My comment dealt with what I think is the ideal way to compliment a girl's beauty.

I told a pretty girl this weekend named 'Stacy' that it's the number 1 hot chick name — that moms who expect their daughters to be hot name their children Stacy and that life's always tough for all the Stacy's out there because they've got those big shoes to fill. The girl I was talking to responded really well to it... her boyfriend didn't.

Without losing sight of the bigger picture though, I think the majority of us would agree it's most important to approach with good style and an energy that's congruent with the best aspects of your personality.

So whatever it takes to get to that state.

whitewashedblackguy Wrote:She says she doesn't have cooties, so don't worry. I start joking about the cootie thing, asked if she has herpes, some other random ass banter. She want's a drag, so I give her one, more jokes about cooties. Before I could get to know anything about her, she says her boyfriend is here. Surprised it was another black guy. Still flirting because I didn't catch on until later. Oh well. Still a fun set.

The cooties bit is a classic way to set up a flirty dynamic.

However, I find it best to always avoid gross topics and imagery — 'herpes', pee/poop jokes, etc.
For the newbies in this thread, you'll most likely progress faster if you adopt a No Compliments Policy.

Or at the very least, no compliments on her attractiveness as an opener or in the initial conversation.
(01-15-2020, 07:32 PM)LeBeau Wrote: For the newbies in this thread, you'll most likely progress faster if you adopt a No Compliments Policy.

Or at the very least, no compliments on her attractiveness as an opener or in the initial conversation.

I usually do a compliment opener on a girl's clothes or hair. For example, when I see a walking set at the mall I'd open with, "I just love how you did you hair. It looks adorable!" or "That is the pinkest jacket I've seen all day," or some variant of it.

I never go full-on direct though.
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right.” - Confucius

“Flirting is not just something you say or do. It is something you embody.“ - Todd V

(01-15-2020, 03:33 PM)billydingdong Wrote:
whitewashedblackguy Wrote:She says she doesn't have cooties, so don't worry. I start joking about the cootie thing, asked if she has herpes, some other random ass banter. She want's a drag, so I give her one, more jokes about cooties. Before I could get to know anything about her, she says her boyfriend is here. Surprised it was another black guy. Still flirting because I didn't catch on until later. Oh well. Still a fun set.

However, I find it best to always avoid gross topics and imagery — 'herpes', pee/poop jokes, etc.

Noted.

Hegemon1984 Wrote:I usually do a compliment opener on a girl's clothes or hair. For example, when I see a walking set at the mall I'd open with, "I just love how you did you hair. It looks adorable!" or "That is the pinkest jacket I've seen all day," or some variant of it.

I did this at work recently. Told her that her jacket had a cool 80's vibe to it and the colors were dope. She liked that.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Didn't approach as much as I could have because I was bullshitting. Found a nice area to daygame, near JuanPelota for any of you Austinites. Great mix of fit chicks and hippies/hipsters walking around. My camera got me a few IOI's from the cashiers in BlueRoyal. It gives an excuse to aimlessly walk around and it opens some doors.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKsPl1FgN8vKmZHa3IWVk...sYA07y95&s]
The great excuse. Only 20ish bucks.

This leads to the "approach" I did. Left from the JuanP area towards 6th and Congress. Was walking around aimlessly through some alleys when I ran into a bike taxi. I blocked her way and told, 'Thou shall not pass'. We bantered for a few seconds, than I left. Looked back at that ass, it was fat, barely contained by her thin cotton shorts. Should've approached, I thought.

Walked around the block back to the front of the alley, and shes still there. I still wasn't going to approach (smh), but she stops me and asks for my name. I told her, we banter for a bit, she's laughing. We start talking about the weather, then her legs. This is where I should've sexualized the conversation, but I didn't.

Got a free ride from her down the street, traded numbers with afterwards, she says we should get a drink or something. Let's see what happens from here. Seems like I just have to not fuck up.
(01-16-2020, 02:03 PM)whitewashedblackguy Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 03:33 PM)billydingdong Wrote:

Noted.

Hegemon1984 Wrote:I usually do a compliment opener on a girl's clothes or hair. For example, when I see a walking set at the mall I'd open with, "I just love how you did you hair. It looks adorable!" or "That is the pinkest jacket I've seen all day," or some variant of it.

I did this at work recently. Told her that her jacket had a cool 80's vibe to it and the colors were dope. She liked that.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Didn't approach as much as I could have because I was bullshitting. Found a nice area to daygame, near JuanPelota for any of you Austinites. Great mix of fit chicks and hippies/hipsters walking around. My camera got me a few IOI's from the cashiers in BlueRoyal. It gives an excuse to aimlessly walk around and it opens some doors.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKsPl1FgN8vKmZHa3IWVk...sYA07y95&s]
The great excuse. Only 20ish bucks.

This leads to the "approach" I did. Left from the JuanP area towards 6th and Congress. Was walking around aimlessly through some alleys when I ran into a bike taxi. I blocked her way and told, 'Thou shall not pass'. We bantered for a few seconds, than I left. Looked back at that ass, it was fat, barely contained by her thin cotton shorts. Should've approached, I thought.

Walked around the block back to the front of the alley, and shes still there. I still wasn't going to approach (smh), but she stops me and asks for my name. I told her, we banter for a bit, she's laughing. We start talking about the weather, then her legs. This is where I should've sexualized the conversation, but I didn't.

Got a free ride from her down the street, traded numbers with afterwards, she says we should get a drink or something. Let's see what happens from here. Seems like I just have to not fuck up.

I think you should have done something instantly. She was down. I woulda tried to get her to one of the bars nearby. I hope it works out though.

At a loss of things to say, I'll always throw out there in those random street pickups "what are you doing right now, wanna grab a drink?". It takes little thought or creativity to throw that out there, it's almost like a reflex. This works well in a walkable city like Austin. You have all those bars to bounce to at any time of the day. Otherwise, coffee or lunch will do also.
If she says no, it's an inroads to get her number and engage her at a later time. If she says yes, you've hit gold. Spontaneous is all right.

The ability to seamlessly walk to a place is an understated benefit of living in a walkable city with a lot of street life and an active bar scene. If there were vehicles involved, it would introduce friction into the interaction.
(01-16-2020, 04:02 PM)fullthrottle Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 02:03 PM)whitewashedblackguy Wrote: This leads to the "approach" I did. Left from the JuanP area towards 6th and Congress. Was walking around aimlessly through some alleys when I ran into a bike taxi. I blocked her way and told, 'Thou shall not pass'. We bantered for a few seconds, than I left. Looked back at that ass, it was fat, barely contained by her thin cotton shorts. Should've approached, I thought.

I think you should have done something instantly. She was down. I woulda tried to get her to one of the bars nearby. I hope it works out though.

At a loss of things to say, I'll always throw out there in those random street pickups "what are you doing right now, wanna grab a drink?". It takes little thought or creativity to throw that out there, it's almost like a reflex. This works well in a walkable city like Austin. You have all those bars to bounce to at any time of the day. Otherwise, coffee or lunch will do also.
If she says no, it's an inroads to get her number and engage her at a later time. If she says yes, you've hit gold. Spontaneous is all right.

The ability to seamlessly walk to a place is an understated benefit of living in a walkable city with a lot of street life and an active bar scene. If there were vehicles involved, it would introduce friction into the interaction.

I keep an eye for opportunities like that next time. It would've been good to build that connection more. It would've been a quick drink though: had work in thirty minutes.

Walkable cities are the best. It's really a must for me.
Do any of you guys know good day spots to meet women in nyc at winter time? and good night venues to meet women. I plan on doing a weekend immersion in the city.
01/14/2020 – Hipsters and Jailbait

After deciding I’ve prowled around Mayfair too much, I decided to hit up Bayshore Mall before UWM gets back in session a week from now. It was surprisingly active for a cold winter day. Granted, I’ve been told it’s been a light winter for Milwaukee much to my delight.

Approach #1: When I first parked at Bayshore, I hit up Kohls and ran into a cute, hipster girl. I’d rate her a hard 6, inching onto a soft 7. I decided to do an opinion opener after grabbing this red-over-black plaid shirt and asking, “Excuse me, I need a girl’s opinion, but do you think this looks good on me?” She smiled, said it did and matched my outfit.

I knew I had to play to win, but I rationalized I wasn’t “in state” yet, and to be honest, played to not lose. We had a nice, friendly chat. Turns out, she’s there for a wedding in Chicago. I teased her a bit on her backpack, and said it looked hipsterish. As she chuckled, I said “That was the most adorable look you made,” before we went back into our conversation. A little later on, she started asking me personal questions, but I didn’t escalate.

At the end of our conversation, she ejected out of set.

Approach #2: Damn, this was a GREAT set, but lo and behold, met a girl who was in high school (again). Anyway, I went into the Barnes and Noble and ran into a blonde girl intently focusing on her studies. She reminded me of, well, me when I was in college. A good little student who didn’t say much and studied like a mofo.

She was a hard 7, very cute, bubbly, and had a naive vibe to her. I knew this should’ve been the first signs she was underage. In any other case, I opened with, “School’s still going on?” It was a lame opener, but whatever. She looked up and replied, “Yeah.”

The second she looked up, I saw how adorable she looked and my game skills shot through the roof. I started doing cocky funny lines, lots of push-pull, and she ate that shit up. She laughed aloud, leaned into me, but further into the conversation, I asked what college classes she was taking.

Her response?

“Oh I’m in high school.”

Fuck.

Fuck, fuck, fuuuuuuuck.

I smiled, talked to her a little more, and left the set with great sadness.

Approach #3: Needless to say, despite the fact the girl was underage, I was finally “in state” – very positive, happy-to-lucky and all that jazz. However, I didn’t find another good set for another hour or so and I was winding down. The next girl I met looked cute from a distance: She was smoking a cigarette, texting on her phone, and I opened with, “You look like you’re in your own little world right now.”

She looked up and smiled. As I saw her, I noticed she wasn’t very cute. A soft 5. Since I wasn’t very enthusiastic about the conversation, I didn’t make it very man-to-woman and I think I said a premise line here or there.