Bald and Bankrupt and Harald Baldr thread
I spent good times with both of these guys...

Each fellow on it's own style, but for me whitout a doubt the best travel vloggers in youtube right now.

If you are not following their youtube channels, you don't know what you are missing.

Bald and Bankrupt

Harald Baldr
I have watched a few of their videos. I wondered if Bald was a RVF member?
Hey bro

You posted B&B twice

Here's Harald Baldr

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKr68ZJ...oNdnS2hjhA
New Post:

Daygame in Korea

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)
(05-31-2019, 05:46 AM)blackfriar Wrote: I have watched a few of their videos.  I wondered if Bald was a RVF member?

Dunno about bald but Harald Baldr was, I met him in Romania

Went under the handle James Rodri (or something like that)
How have I not been made aware of these guys before?
It's remarkable how B&B has been solo traveling for 20 odd years I think and still has an incredible amount of passion for it. Not sure how he's able to fund it being bankrupt though lol.
(05-31-2019, 05:46 AM)blackfriar Wrote: I have watched a few of their videos.  I wondered if Bald was a RVF member?

Yes, he was...a respected one, or two   Big Grin
Coincidentally I was advised of the Bald & Bankrupt channel today and have binged a lot of his videos. Fantastically presented and incredibly candid. His natural ability to just go with the flow is refreshing.

I’ve also ordered his book which should be a great read: https://www.amazon.com/BURNING-EDGE-TRAV...1980787514

RVF members may remember his musings about his Belarus travels some years back, which were among the most engaging and well written pieces in the forum’s history, in my opinion.
Vorkuta lol..i remember him.
I knew those dudes were forum members. I can tell. Small world. Best of luck to both of them. Hopefully, I will meet them someday.
(05-31-2019, 03:18 AM)Rocha Wrote: I spent good times with both of these guys...

Each fellow on it's own style, but for me whitout a doubt the best travel vloggers in youtube right now.

If you are not following their youtube channels, you don't know what you are missing.

Bald and Bankrupt

Harald Baldr

I know those two guys personally myself. B&B is the best travel vlog on the net.
(05-31-2019, 03:28 PM)Traktor Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 03:18 AM)Rocha Wrote: I spent good times with both of these guys...

Bald and Bankrupt

Harald Baldr

I know those two guys personally myself. B&B is the best travel vlog on the net.

Good to see my tovarich Traktor around here  Big Grin
After those guys started doing videos in India, both of their channels literally blew up. If I ever get back into YouTube, I'm going to fly over there and start churning out content. That damn country has 1.3 billion people all looking for someone to subscribe to and no one is filling the void really.

Bald and Harald both got the long form content down to a science now. They basically just walk around town shooting 20 or 30 minute videos all in a single take or with very minimal editing. Just splicing a few clips together, no music or effects or anything like that. Their channels are unique because they are some of the only travel vloggers who go out of their way to actually interact with the locals.

It's a great recipe for success that I'm thinking about copying. Wander the country with the camera out, chat up some people in the area, and be a normal likeable guy. That's it really. Easy. These guys have to be making a $1000 or more a day now based on views and projected ad revenue.
In one of the Bald and Bankrupt vlogs in India about 6 months ago, he explains that he has 50,000 subscribers. Just 6 weeks earlier he apparently had only 300. Currently has 720,000, and just in the last 2 days I’ve been watching has gained an extra 12,000 subscribers. That’s insane growth over such a short period.

If he maintains good content and growth he’s set to have well over 2 million subscribers by years’ end.
(06-02-2019, 12:03 PM)Windom Earle Wrote: In one of the Bald and Bankrupt vlogs in India about 6 months ago, he explains that he has 50,000 subscribers. Just 6 weeks earlier he apparently had only 300. Currently has 720,000, and just in the last 2 days I’ve been watching has gained an extra 12,000 subscribers. That’s insane growth over such a short period.

If he maintains good content and growth he’s set to have well over 2 million subscribers by years’ end.

how much do you guys realistically think they are pulling in a year now? It's crazy because I saw in one of Harold's vids he mentioned he actually doesn't make that much from YT. B&B is like its own brand now tho which is where the real money is at IMO. I had to stop following after the weird video from Atlanta where they chased the guy down. That was strange. I love when they help out little kids selling peanuts, everyone does that but seeing it captured on video always lightens my day. 

I am also not sold on the quality they are pulling, sometimes I get a few peaks via IG and the girls look...meh

but yes they are legends now. The formula of going into a small eastern town/ switching flawlessly between languages and inviting the viewer deeper was always going to be the winner. No one gives barely remembers who Anthony Bordaine was talking with , but we all remember Mr. Bald in that old Soviet room pounding shots with that old man talking about time past and gone... and company. It is certainly entertaining but does get boring after a video or two. They are deff crushing it on social blade but the ranges are so large we have no idea what they are raking in now.
Bald is in his middle/late 40s? I would not complain...smashing vaguely attractive younger 20 year olds at that age. Mad props to him.