Two Weeks In Mexico
I'm a few days into my fourth two week trip to Mexico since 2013 and so far it's been pretty good. I flew direct from Edmonton to Puerto Vallarta (five hour flight) and got the flight plus an all-inclusive resort for $950 CDN (about $700 USD) so these types of trips are really easy for me, that's why you see so many Canucks all over Mexico and the Caribbean; cheap charter flight packages that fly from every medium-large sized airport in the country. Most don't leave the resort and this is the first time that I've stayed at one in Mexico but I also have a week off-resort where I'll do some exploring in a couple of different cities. Here's an overview of my previous trips, again they were all two weeks each:

Guadalajera/Puerto vallarta 2013: I flew into Gdl and met 20nation and THC there and we partied hard for ten days, it was during Mexican Independance Day in September and we all dressed up like Pancho Villa and rocked moustaches, the locals were very entertained-at one point we had a class full of photography students come up to us to take pictures and I remember a local dude stopping his car and gesturing THC to come over to his car where he introduced him to his sister or something jajaja. 

Cancun/Playa Del Carmen/Merida/Isla Mujeres 2015: Went mostly for the suba diving in the cenotes, which was amazing and I highly recommend it to any suba diver but you have to be advanced PADI as it is challenging. Cancun sucks but the surrounding areas are very nice especially the beaches, I also found Merida to be a very pleasant city and hooked up with a chica from there who I met while visiting and took her to PDC for a week.

Playa Del Carmen/Merida 2018: Spent last Xmas back on the Yucatan peninsula, met up with a few RVF dudes in Playa and had a great time. Also visitied Cozumel and Tulum, both decent spots to check out but I still prefer to stay in Playa. Ended up rebanging the chica from above in Merida, one of the reasons I like to keep in touch.

Puerto Vallarta/Guadalajera/CDMX 2019: A week on the resort then I'll bus it to Gdl to chill for a couple of days, chase some beaver then fly to CDMX for 3-4 days before flying back to Puerto Vallarta then back to Canada.

Current trip so far: I'm spending one week on a resort within the city, it's a three star so nothing fancy and it's mostly Mexican families here, who are pretty chill and don't annoy strangers like the two pisstank middle aged Canuck ladies who just interrupted my coffee and chain smoking session to invite me to a BBQ down the road. I've already gone fishing which kinda sucked because I didn't catch much and the random pipefitter dude from New Brunskwick I went with started puking so we had to go back, shit happens I guess, he's gonna buy some blow tonight to make up for it though, solid dude. I just ran into this dive shop owner on the beach and may do a couple of night dives at 6:30-10:30pm which works out well because I have date #2 lined up with a local Tinder chica tonight who gets off work at 11 from a local hotel (lots of chicas here work at hotels for obvious reasons).

GDL/CDMX: I'm not so sure what I'll do in GDL as I was once there and didn't find the city all that interesting but I've been chatting to a couple of chicas so may just chill, go on a couple of dates then bounce to CDMX. I was actually thinking of skipping GDL altogether to spend more time in CDMX, what do you guys think? I'm really looking forward to checking out the big city, there is so much to see and do and obviously a crazy amount of local chicas to meet up with and show me around. NorthernPike gave me some stellar recommendations that I may check out, thanks again brah.

Why Mexico?

As the RVF guys know, Colombia has been my go to destination for several years and for longer trips, it still is but for short, cheap trips down south, Mexico is really easy for me and since I don't know it nearly as well as I do Colombia, it still has the adventure factor-it's a big country with a fairly large population, cool/interesting cities and beach destinations and the tourism industry is better developed than Colombia's. I like to do other activities than chasing pussy and hanging out in bars/clubs, mostly scuba diving and fishing (which Mexico is great for) plus some cultural stuff like museums, galleries and historic sites, Mexico beats Colombia on all of those fronts. So for a two week adventure, this place really ticks all of the boxes, plus the food is way better, although the weed kinda sucks here, I just smoked a fatty on the beach and this Mexican mud bud isn't doing the trick, the Punto Rojo and crippy strains in Colombia kicks it's ass, not to mention the high quality, cheap as dirt booger sugar.

Typically I fly down here after long stints in the Canadian oil patch-I just crushed almost five months of solid work at oil refineries in western Canada, it was the coldest fucking winter in the Prairies in 70 fucking years, I sure picked a good one to work my first full winter in eight years, FML, -40C/F is no joke brahs, banked some good coin though so I'll defintely be taking next winter off-global warming my arse!

Of course the chicas in Mexico aren't as sexy in Colombia but I'm in my mid-30s now so am not as horny as a two peckered billy goat like I was when I was younger, so far quality has been decent and Mexican chicas are still typical Latinas so like to have fun, dance, party and fuck. They're more conservative than the typical Colombiana which is ok with me-I may have to wife up one of these chicas maybe have a couple of half Beaner half Canuck niños running around jajaja. 

And for the record, for all you haters out there- I usually date chicas in the 6 range, the odd 5 and 7 (ok there's been a few 3/4s too) but I've never banged an 8 or above in my life, not without paying for it anyway!!!

Anyway if any of you pendejos are in Mexico and want to hang out, hit me up and as always any tips and suggestions are welcome.
Sweet, Thanks for the mini reports Scotian. I'm going to Mexico for two weeks in December with a few friends and we will be going around a few places. I'm not sure the details yet as my buddy is planning the trip out based on some trip reports from another buddy of his, and thats fine with me. Once I get more solid details I'll hit you up for some tips while I'm there as its going to be my first time over there.
You need to grow out your bigote again to bang the Mexican 8's bro
Yeah Guadalajara 2013... such great memories
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
Mexican food is way better than Colombian but from experience the girls in Puerto Vallarta are pretty ugly outside of the tourists. A lot of the coastal cities near PV seem to be pretty popular, Sayulita and Bucerias for example.
Ya I’m not seeing many good looking chicas around, except the Argentine tourists who showed up at the resort today. It’s a bit like Santa Marta in Colombia-nice medium sized city but the local women are nothing to write home about. I’m off to Sayulita tomorrow with a chica I just had date #2 with, she’s going to drive and we’ll hit up a couple of quieter spots she knows along the way to blaze. This girl has paid her own Ubers, bought me food and has access to her parent’s car which isn’t so common in Colombia so it’s a nice change. Pretty stoked to see Sayulita.
There are a lot of fat Mexican women.
Great report Scotian.

I know that looks vary across Mexico. Does anyone know if there is a particular part or city of Mexico that is known for having girls that look more voluptuous (like the Colombian look)?

I've spent a week in Mexico City but that wasn't enough time to do proper scientific research into this topic lol
If chicas aren't your priority then spend more time in CDMX. The city is a true megalopolis that is fun to get lost in and overwhelmed by, especially as a foreigner.

I assume you speak Spanish. Here is a good list of tourist attractions and other off-the-beaten-path places of interest:

https://www.timeoutmexico.mx/ciudad-de-m...en-la-cdmx

I'll add some of my own:

Museo del Objeto del Objeto del (i.e. MODO in Roma Norte) - contemporary and eccentric anthropological museum with various artifacts from Mexican consumer culture over the decades. Exhibits rotate, but right now https://elmodo.mx/exposiciones/mexico-a-color/

Patrick Miller (Roma Norte) - 80's night club only open on Friday night. Get there by 11 for when the dj starts. Strange but fun place w/ aging hipsters voguing. Also a lot of low key foreigner-hunter girls, but talent can be hit or miss. Usually gets better as the night wears on.

Avenida Amsterdam (Condesa) - An avenue that loops around the heart of the condesa. probably about 2km or so in distance. Worth walking around, there are lots of hot bitches jogging and walking dogs, lots of restaurants and cafes for whatever captures your attention

Pata Negra (Condesa) - The preeminent foreigner hunter bar. In my experience if a group of girls is there, at least one of them wants la carne foranea. It's on you to find out which one! Saturday night has a free salsa lesson starting around 8:30

Neveria Roxy(Condesa) - Summer is coming and you should try Mexican ice cream (nieves). It is water based rather than milk or cream based a lot like a sorbet. tasty and refreshing

El Moro(Condesa) - best cinnamon churros and hot chocolate you'll have in your goddamn life. Go to the one in Condesa on Michoacan and eat one outside for the nice view of Parque Mexico

[Restaurante Sofia Garcia Osorio] (Centro) - Okay so this restaurant doesn't have a name, but that's the name of the chef. It's located at Luis Moya 31 in the Centro, right next to a nice mezcal bar named El Bosforo (also worth your while). The cuisine is traditional Mexican, culinary slow food. The pulpo is my favorite. You don't have to dress nice, but you should probably wear something better than a t-shirt. The place is small, reservations recommended but you can usually get a table pretty easy midweek at least a year or so ago.

Also for restaurants: https://www.timeoutmexico.mx/ciudad-de-m...ntes-cafes

I've found their reviews to be good (anything 3 stars and up).
^ Some good recommendations here.

I was in CDMX for about 10 days in total and the whole time I never went out to any fancy restaurants, barely even any sit down places. Not saying there arent any good ones but I was usually on the go and wanted fast food. In the Centro there are quick and easy food options every couple hundred feet, and there is nothing like eating a couple tacos al pastor from some greasy stand, praying to god that your gastrointestinal system will be able to handle the onslaught of bacteria. I ended up eating something bad when I was on the Baja and it took about 2 months before my shits were back to normal. Seriously though CDMX has some great street food as long as you stick to the stands that are busy, and have some old ladies working at them preferably.

Another cool spot to check out Mercado de San Juan in the Centro. Its a huge market where they sell all kinds of exotic foods as well as your usual fresh fish, and meat. They have fried scorpions that you can try, as well as all kinds of dried insects. The crickets and dried maggots are actually not to bad. Did not try the scorpion though and I do regret it.
First part of trip is over, Vallarta was pretty nice and relaxing but I’m definitely ready to be in a larger city and away from the tourist herds. I’m en route to Gdl by bus right now and will be staying near Avenida Chapultapec for a couple of nights. I’ll update this thread with a more in depth write up about my time in Vallarta soon. 

Thanks for the advice and tips amigos
Do you guys actually think the food in Mexico is good or just better than Colombia haha? I was pretty unimpressed overall, although I was only in the yucatan.

The Yucatecan dishes were just okay. They only ones I thought were any good were Sopa de Lima and Cochinita Pibil (the pulled pork). Stuff like panuchos, queso de relleno, papadzules, I thought were all uninspiring.

Lots of girls I'd go on dates with would recommend we get marquesitas, they loved them, but I give a marquesita a 6/10 at best.

Tacos are alright I suppose, but theres only so many unhealthy tacos you can consume before getting tired of them or getting fat. Eat enough of them and your eventually bound to get food poisoning at some point too, especially if frequenting the dodgy taco stands or market tacos. I wish they put cheese on them but most places don't.

Ceviche was good, and basic stuff like grilled fish. But I think Peruvian ceviche is definitely better.
I’m not a foodie at all and grew up eating fish, meat, potatoes and other root vegetables so no spice. I’m not crazy over Mexican food, I don’t care for all the flavour and spices, I quite like the boring pollo a la plancha con arroz, frijoles y ensalada in Colombia.
(06-02-2019, 12:52 AM)Scotian Wrote: I’m not a foodie at all and grew up eating fish, meat, potatoes and other root vegetables so no spice. I’m not crazy over Mexican food, I don’t care for all the flavour and spices, I quite like the boring pollo a la plancha con arroz, frijoles y ensalada in Colombia.

I remember eating at a place like that often, I think it was 4500 COP. It was boring but it was cheap and came with a juice.
Scotian, you must be Irish or English haha

I love food with some of spice and flavour as I grew up with parents who didn't use much spice either and looking back now I realized how bland some of the food I had as a kid really was.

Have you guys noticed that the coca cola has a completely different flavour down there? They use real cane sugar, while in the US and Canada they use corn syrup. I never noticed the difference much but some of the tourists were raving about it.

Don't get me started on the pizza that they have down in Mexico. Ordered a pizza at a decent looking place in CDMX and you could run your fucking car of the grease that came off of it. Gave it to a homeless guy on the street.
Dominos pizza in Mexico is actually pretty good for fast food type pizza.
I Billy that pizza post was epic, what happened to it? 

Tinder is decent in Guadalajara, I’m only here for two nights and met up with a nice 22 year old chica, I think most guys would like it here even for a short trip. Both my GDL jaunts have been combined with Puerto Vallarta which is a sea side resort town and pretty nice, it’s a decent sized city at 300,000 and there’s some cool little beach towns like Sayulita which has a decent surf scene. Mexico is so close and easy, I’m surprised it’s not more popular for Yanks and Canucks. There’s a good chance that mexico may become my new colombia.

(06-02-2019, 01:31 AM)NorthernPike Wrote: Scotian, you must be Irish or English haha

I love food with some of spice and flavour as I grew up with parents who didn't use much spice either and looking back now I realized how bland some of the food I had as a kid really was.  

Have you guys noticed that the coca cola has a completely different flavour down there? They use real cane sugar, while in the US and Canada they use corn syrup. I never noticed the difference much but some of the tourists were raving about it.

Don't get me started on the pizza that they have down in Mexico. Ordered a pizza at a decent looking place in CDMX and you could run your fucking car of the grease that came off of it.  Gave it to a homeless guy on the street.

Close bro Scottish blood, I’m from Nova Scotia, which is Latin for New Scotland. I think about 60-70% of Scotians are of Scottish descent, so I can’t be out in the sun all day or I’ll look like a lobster. The weather has been mostly cloudy which I like, a bit of light evening rain too which isn’t bad, I have a bottle of SPF 30 sunscreen on me most of the time here. 

Do you guys know where the colder, maybe higher altitude regions of Mexico are?
(06-02-2019, 01:31 AM)NorthernPike Wrote: Don't get me started on the pizza that they have down in Mexico. Ordered a pizza at a decent looking place in CDMX and you could run your fucking car of the grease that came off of it.  Gave it to a homeless guy on the street.

I ordered a pizza down there once with Italian toppings and they put grass on half of it. I made the girl I was dating eat that half. It was like a pizza for rabbits!

They also go so light on the cheese at some places, but that's the most important part of a pizza.

[Image: 6PZjluH.jpg]
(06-02-2019, 08:46 AM)Scotian Wrote: I Billy that pizza post was epic, what happened to it? 

Tinder is decent in Guadalajara, I’m only here for two nights and met up with a nice 22 year old chica, I think most guys would like it here even for a short trip. Both my GDL jaunts have been combined with Puerto Vallarta which is a sea side resort town and pretty nice, it’s a decent sized city at 300,000 and there’s some cool little beach towns like Sayulita which has a decent surf scene. Mexico is so close and easy, I’m surprised it’s not more popular for Yanks and Canucks. There’s a good chance that mexico may become my new colombia.

I wanted to delete another post on another thread and accidentally deleted the one here.

Big mistake very clumsy.

I don't think I need to write it all again, so here's the reacap of good pizza in CDMX in Roma:

1. Pizza Felix (very high quality, often long wait times on weekend)
2. Cancino (Plaza Cibeles is nicer)
3. Nonna Fina (little neighborhood spot)
4. Lulo (very nice craft beer selection if that's your thing)
5. Pixza (unique 'Mexican' pizza)
(06-02-2019, 08:46 AM)Scotian Wrote: and there’s some cool little beach towns like Sayulita which has a decent surf scene. Mexico is so close and easy, I’m surprised it’s not more popular for Yanks and Canucks. There’s a good chance that mexico may become my new colombia.

Shhh stfu, don't give it away!! Haha

Matter of fact I'm planning on heading to GDL for a music event in August if get the time off, my friend lives Sayu and is working on a business there and I'm hoping to swing that as part of my trip.

Mexico is awesome!