Forum improvements: Suggestion thread
I'm basing this on limited data, but the forum server seems to be struggling with the uptick in traffic.
(05-29-2019, 02:55 AM)Suits Wrote: I'm basing this on limited data, but the forum server seems to be struggling with the uptick in traffic.

We are moving the site and the forum to a new hosting tonight
Special shoutout to Malo who helped us move to better hosting. Website is waaaay faster now.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
Fixing shit as we go

[Image: giphy.gif]

We just moved to a new private server hosting. This should solve the lags we had.

Thanks to Malo for helping us out with this!
The speed at which you guys implement user suggestions and solve issues with the forum is remarkable. Great work!
New hosting is super fast - nice!
I uploaded a pic (1.17mb) and it looks like a thumbnail...

Can you guys help me on how can I make it look bigger/better?
(05-29-2019, 06:11 PM)Rocha Wrote: I uploaded a pic (1.17mb) and it looks like a thumbnail...

Can you guys help me on how can I make it look bigger/better?

Upload it to imgur  and post it as an imbedded image using the
Code:
[img]file-address.jpg[/img]
tags.
I had an issue with the rep system. I had given Jetset a rep point. i wanted to update it to refer to a specific post he made. When I clicked on 'rate' nothing happened, so i deleted it thinking I could re-rep him, but it won't let me add a rating! Anyone else have an issue with this?

EDIT: seems to be working now.
(05-29-2019, 09:12 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote: I had an issue with the rep system. I had given Jetset a rep point. i wanted to update it to refer to a specific post he made. When I clicked on 'rate' nothing happened, so i deleted it thinking I could re-rep him, but it won't let me add a rating! Anyone else have an issue with this?

I can't replicate the problem, if it happens again tell the exact error message you get.
There's some issues with the mobile version. Nothing that's a show stopper, just some minor layout issues:

[Image: VrRMW0u.png]

The top navigator bar is out of alignment.

[Image: ySUhBHt.png]

The fonts for quoted fonts are a different size to the normal text. Also, in the mobile version, in the quoted section, the date text appears wrong. "()2 hours ago" instead of "(2 hours ago)"
The site is much faster now, good job guys.
It seems there's an issue with embedding Youtube videos. Sometimes it works with some urls but most of the time it does not.
(05-29-2019, 09:12 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote: I had an issue with the rep system. I had given Jetset a rep point. i wanted to update it to refer to a specific post he made. When I clicked on 'rate' nothing happened, so i deleted it thinking I could re-rep him, but it won't let me add a rating! Anyone else have an issue with this?

I had the same issue a few times. It seems to be quite random. Sometimes the 'rate' button works fine and other time nothing happens. Not sure what can be done about it. It might be browser related.
When the Like button doesn't work, please open your browser's dev tools console (F12), switch to Console tab and post whatever errors you see there if any. This might give a clue.
In addition to the ban on politics discussion, Roosh and rvf bitching should be contained to the Roosh exile thread.
(05-30-2019, 12:31 AM)Davis_ Wrote: There's some issues with the mobile version. Nothing that's a show stopper, just some minor layout issues:

[Image: VrRMW0u.png]

The top navigator bar is out of alignment.

[Image: ySUhBHt.png]

The fonts for quoted fonts are a different size to the normal text. Also, in the mobile version, in the quoted section, the date text appears wrong. "()2 hours ago" instead of "(2 hours ago)"

Fixed the quoted text and the time layout. 

The pagination alignment is a bitch. I'll get a dev to look at it.  It's gonna trigger our OCD readers.
(05-30-2019, 07:34 AM)GlobalMan Wrote: It seems there's an issue with embedding Youtube videos. Sometimes it works with some urls but most of the time it does not.

Share some screenshots or error messages when it happens again.
Would it be wise to instill a time limit for editing posts ? 

I've been on other forums where there's no time limit and members could edit their posts months later... then claim that the person quoting them edited their original post (if that makes sense). Made for a lot of drama, intentional misdirection (on the quoter's part), and eventually derailed the thread with a he said/she said rhetoric. 

Conversely, a couple of other, non-related forums I've been on, there was a span of an hour for editing. After that, whatever was written in the post, stands. That way, the writer was forced to take ownership of it.

In the forums with the hour window of editing, there seemed to be a lot less drama and accusations of post manipulating. On some level, I also think it forces the writer to consider the tone or inflection their post before hitting the reply button.
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.
(05-30-2019, 03:06 PM)TravelHardcore Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 07:34 AM)GlobalMan Wrote: It seems there's an issue with embedding Youtube videos. Sometimes it works with some urls but most of the time it does not.

Share some screenshots or error messages when it happens again.

I can observe the issue with many/most videos on the 'What Are You Listening To' thread. I'm not sure if it's browser-specific, screenshot below:

https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/show...hp?tid=683

https://imgur.com/a/B5I9kEJ

(This is on Chrome. Nothing interesting in Dev Tools.)