Roosh forum - exiles & refugees (1 June 2019 - RVF becomes exclusively pro-bible)
It’s also quite possible that all three sites will coexist indefinitely while focusing on different areas. Roosh’s will undoubtedly turn into the LTR/settled down community, this place seems to put travel guides above anything else (that’s literally the forum structure), while my place can already be seen to prefer complex theory by the fact I launched it with a goddamn book and a bunch of deeply theoretical subjects. And I am in all three places, still unbanned and still posting.

So I say let’s give antifragility and diversity a go (as long as the Muslim population is kept at reasonable levels   /politics ).
I would like to hear from The Alpha Virgin. The Alpha Virgin, if you have followed through on your threats to commit suicide to punish girls, please check in and let us know.

(05-26-2019, 06:07 AM)la noblesse Wrote: A guy came to my forum and told me that the owners of this forum were trying to provide a place for disgruntled RVF members. All I am saying is that, if the goal here is to continue the RVF legacy--which is the legacy of the greatest forum for men ever made--you will fail if you exclude the traditional masculine occupation of politics.

I enjoy deep conversations about philosophy and current events as much as anyone. From a self-improvement/personal growth perspective, discussions about actionable/applicable information are extremely worthwhile.

That's why it's terribly sad that we can't seem to have political discussion - and I'm not being critical of specific forums, this is true of political discussion on nearly all forums and comment systems, including those hosted by mainstream media and YouTube - without it being overrun by near-psychotic LARPing that amounts to exactly nothing because the underlying mental masturbation is all derived from blogs run by trolls who are just playing Conspiracy Theory Mad Libs anyway.

Useful: how to apply Stoicism in your daily life.

Not Useful: how Jon Stewart and Wolf Blitzer, in concert with Ivy League establishment Episcopalians, use the media to suppress awareness of Classical thought.

Useful: how to harden your living situation against disaster.

Not Useful: why that disaster will inevitably be an endless horde of pedophiles, illegal immigrants, and refugees spawning out of the basement of your local Reform synagogue "Doom II"-style.

Useful: what Ethiopian 302 might mean for travelers and investors.

Not Useful: how a misplaced semicolon in the accident report "proves" that Trumpist rebels inside the pro-globalist Deep State are trying to send us a coded message that Ethiopian 302 was shot down by a transgender lesbian rabbi using zer telepathic EMP Jew Beam to avenge the relocation of Beta Israel engineered by the United Nations employees aboard.

I think the line Roosh has drawn about the type of content he wants is bright and, personally, I would much rather use an outside forum to continue the focus on enjoyable discussion of the hunt for ( .)big Israeli boobs(. ) and similar value-adding topics that help us make the most of our actual, non-hypothetical situations, while being insulated from the worst of that.

With that said, there's always going to be a market for more political content and I hope your site prospers too, my man.
Hey guys,
I've been a member of the other forum since 2011, but have avoided being an active poster for the last two or three years because I've thought there's a chance that it's a honeypot operation for a long time. Back in 2010/2011, I started getting big into reading the travel/gaming intel that was being produced on the forum right when it started becoming a cesspit of basement dwellers who don't actually travel or try to bang bitches.

I'm open and willing to participate here, but I hope other posters understand that I've got not problem fucking, dating, or discussing wifing up proper chicks from Zimbabwe, Zambia, Cambodia, Israel, the USA, Colombia, Indonesia, Mongolia, etc., etc., etc..........I don't care. I like bad bitches, no matter the origin.
For my part I was happy with the balance struck on RVF. Yes, there were some nutjobs, but there was also a lot of good political commentary and all it took to avoid the former and find the later was some mouse wiggling and button clicking. I hope to achieve about the same balance, and if I do I will be very happy about it.
(05-26-2019, 02:44 PM)jdreise Wrote: Hey guys,
I've been a member of the other forum since 2011, but have avoided being an active poster for the last two or three years because I've thought there's a chance that it's a honeypot operation for a long time. Back in 2010/2011, I started getting big into reading the travel/gaming intel that was being produced on the forum right when it started becoming a cesspit of basement dwellers who don't actually travel or try to bang bitches.

I'm open and willing to participate here, but I hope other posters understand that I've got not problem fucking, dating, or discussing wifing up proper chicks from Zimbabwe, Zambia, Cambodia, Israel, the USA, Colombia, Indonesia, Mongolia, etc., etc., etc..........I don't care. I like bad bitches, no matter the origin.

Well, it is called the Swoop the World forum - I don't think anyone here is going to find fault with that attitude  Wink
la noblesse, you are already bringing down the energy here on day 2 and my autist radar is beeping. Nothing that you have mentioned wanting to speak about is banned on the other forum, it is the main feature there, so your insistence about these things makes even less sense. This seems more about pushing your own forum that few people are interested in.
When the site owner believes in sin, reason is banned from the forum. And when reason is banned, theory is banned too. That’s Christianity 101.

The rest of your insinuations are contemptible, so I’ll leave you to them.
(05-26-2019, 03:36 PM)la noblesse Wrote: When the site owner believes in sin, reason is banned from the forum. And when reason is banned, theory is banned too. That’s Christianity 101.

The rest of your insinuations are contemptible, so I’ll leave you to them.

[Image: 3r9wef.jpg]
Political discussion in real life is useful, necessary, and informative. Political discussion on the internet though inevitably attracts extremist nutjobs (on either the left or the right) who care way too much about it. And even if the politics forum on a site is only a sub-forum, sooner or later those nutjobs spill out of the sub forum and start polluting the others.

The Roosh forum is unfortunately a perfect example case study. There was a huge, very noticeable, increase in the numbers of autistic, mother's basement dwelling, weirdoes joining over the last couple of years as the politics forum got more and more popular. Not just on the politics forum, but bleeding into threads in Travel, Game, Lifestyle etc. When the site focus changed from being primarily travel and self improvement related to politics the demographics of guys who were joining began changing quite a lot.

I think its a much, much better idea to keep here with no political forum as it is now.
Just registered. Thanks to Jetset for letting me know several of us former RVF'ers were posting here. Nice to see some familiar 'faces'.

Not going to bash Roosh, but I just don't agree with the direction he is going. I hope he finds whatever brings him happiness.
I was onboard with this forum, but having no political discussions is a deal breaker. Everything is politics now and if we can't talk about current events, then we are hiding ourselves from the world and are no better than the media or government that censors what we see or do. Politics give context to our lives, and it's the patch notes to how we should go about our life. If we know that abortions are currently at an all time high, we can use that as a factor in how we discuss women, traveling, and living in general. Abortions can mean less families, less cautious women, and thus, will change dramatically how we go about things.

My suggestion is to just make a Politics subforum like on on Roosh and it's an easy fix.
I don't see anything wrong with discussing politics and religion as long as its respectful.

These are topics men like to discuss.

The key is not tolerating insults and personal attacks.

If someone doesn't like those topics then stay in the game and travel section.

My thoughts on the matter.
(05-26-2019, 05:50 PM)Manbeline Wrote: I was onboard with this forum, but having no political discussions is a deal breaker.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(05-26-2019, 05:53 PM)Dash Wrote: I don't see anything wrong with discussing politics and religion as long as its respectful.

These are topics men like to discuss.

If someone doesn't like those topics then stay in the game and travel section.

And there's nothing wrong with men having political discussions. Just as there's nothing stopping you from having political discussions with the men you socialize with.

Here's the issue with having it take place on an Internet forum: your forum becomes attractive to people with zero interest in self-improvement who just want to try to push their political views on others or complain that life isn't fair. Thus, your forum membership starts to fill up with people who are ONLY there for reasons other than being better and helping others be better. Sometimes, those people engage in activities that discourage participation from valuable members, making the moderators' jobs much more difficult.

That's simply not a recipe for success in building a community of men who are motivated to be better and help others achieve their goals.
Just had a glance at rvf...The place is turning into a mad house, so now everybody turned religious in the blink of an eye? It is starting to remind me of David Koresh or Charles Manson cults...
(05-26-2019, 07:27 PM)Rocha Wrote: Just had a glance at rvf...The place is turning into a mad house, so now everybody turned religious in the blink of an eye? It is starting to remind me of David Koresh or Charles Manson cults...

I'm still of a wait-and-see mindset, but the game forum has turned religious overnight. I think there are a lot of new/low rep posters trying gain brownie points.

I'll continue to post there but a lot of points I've made in the past 2 years have fallen on deaf ears. It'll either level out or go off the deep end.

Either way, I have a lot of thoughts I want to express without getting religious or conspiratorial slanted responses.
(05-26-2019, 05:50 PM)Manbeline Wrote: My suggestion is to just make a Politics subforum like on on Roosh and it's an easy fix.

Political discussions attract crackpot theories.

Crackpot theories attract incel headcases.

Incel headcases attract doxxers, Fedposters, and activist shills.

This is why we can't have nice things. Speaking for myself, I just come to a place like this to refine the arts of getting my dick sucked, stacking some cash, and keeping drama out of my life, while getting a few laughs. I don't need that noise. I certainly don't want our presence here to bring that into the admins' lives, either.

(05-26-2019, 06:51 PM)Suits Wrote: Here's the issue with having it take place on an Internet forum: your forum becomes attractive to people with zero interest in self-improvement who just want to try to push their political views on others or complain that life isn't fair. Thus, your forum membership starts to fill up with people who are ONLY there for reasons other than being better and helping others be better. Sometimes, those people engage in activities that discourage participation from valuable members, making the moderators' jobs much more difficult.

Accurate. Several good posters have acknowledged that this is what ran them off the other site long before the Goddening, and that's a shame.
(05-26-2019, 05:50 PM)Manbeline Wrote: I was onboard with this forum, but having no political discussions is a deal breaker. Everything is politics now and if we can't talk about current events, then we are hiding ourselves from the world and are no better than the media or government that censors what we see or do. Politics give context to our lives, and it's the patch notes to how we should go about our life. If we know that abortions are currently at an all time high, we can use that as a factor in how we discuss women, traveling, and living in general. Abortions can mean less families, less cautious women, and thus, will change dramatically how we go about things.

My suggestion is to just make a Politics subforum like on on Roosh and it's an easy fix.

There are many who would argue that was the majority if not entirety that RVF went to shit.  Also, the lack of said section is what attracted myself and possibly others here.
(05-26-2019, 07:27 PM)Rocha Wrote: Just had a glance at rvf...The place is turning into a mad house, so now everybody turned religious in the blink of an eye? It is starting to remind me of David Koresh or Charles Manson cults...

There's a very fine line between self-help gurus and cult-leaders.
Politics are mental masturbation for the weak of mind and will. The only "savior" in this life is waiting for each of us in the mirror
I agree completely with Suits and Jetset regarding the political and religious discussion, these topics simply attract too many basement dwellers and nut jobs. We end up with a forum where people start discussing conspiracy theories and demon possession.

Most of the "golden" threads in RVF are in the game and travel sections anyways:
Tuthmosis first date bang recipe
Blurred Sevens guide to photos
Fisto Invades SEA (Hilarious thread with the recurring theme of Fisto literally picking up fat chicks in the air)

I really hope we can all contribute actionable and useful information instead of taking extreme pessimistic views. It's sad to see some of the travel threads on RVF devolve to "X place is now dead, it's over" with no useful information.

One positive thing about RVF was that the really obvious trolls were quickly banned, but even then some slipped under the radar. (A repped member recently made a thread asking if chlamydia was a Display of Higher value).

I hope the ban hammer comes quickly for the inevitable trolls and autistic nut jobs who insist on pushing their political views and rants on the forum.

I don't consider myself a high value poster since I'm still young and inexperienced compared to most of the RVF members I see commenting on this thread like Suits, Jetset and PapayaTaper but I will try to contribute as best as I can without bringing the forum energy down.