Georgia (Tbilisi, etc.)
(01-21-2020, 01:38 PM)Kamaki Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 08:29 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 03:23 PM)262 Wrote: Been in Tbilisi for a few days. 360-day visa caught my interest, as well as mixed reports about the girls (LTR material, or sluts? Cute hipster styles, or lame Berlin hipster styles?). My first impression on them in one word: meh.

I get an IOI here and there from 6s and below, maybe due to the way I dress, and/or due to my non-native look. The massage promoters on David Aghmashenebeli Avenue seem to know I'm not a local when they run their bit on me in English.

Couple of things I see here.....

Tbilisi before 2009 was a goldmine for Western men.  The problem is the government liberalized the visa program for Gulf Arabs, Iranians, Indians, and others so now it is INUNDATED with thirsty foreign men who drove the night life underground and caused a great deal of xenophobia that was not there when I used to visit back then.  I still visit Tbilisi each year and the difference now is striking!

The solution to that problem for Georgia is to stay away from Tbilisi and Batumi.  Focus on living in cities like Kutaisi where there are so few foreigners that resentment has not destroyed the famous Georgian hospitality factor.

The other thing I see is the area in which you stayed.  Try to stay in Vake which is a upper class, posh, residential area.  David Aghmashenebeli Avenue is seen by locals as "Little Arabia" with all its Turkish and Arab and Persian owned small shops.  The locals hate them and there have been anti-immigrant protests there that some feared would turn into purge riots.

There is also the area near the Rooms Hotel in Vera that is even cheaper than Vake and closer to the center.  You will see quality Georgians going about all day unlike on Aghmashenebeli Avenue which is a working class shopping district overrun by middle eastern businesses.[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF4-bFyasNg][/url]

I've never heard Georgia referred to as a Goldmine, it has some of the ugliest women in Europe in my opinion.
Who is ugly and who is beautiful is an extremely subjective thing.  I don't find Georgian typical women at all "ugly" and neither do many men who visit and choose to live there.  They might not be your particular taste, but your taste does not necessarily reflect the tastes of most men.  Please keep that in mind.....
Favorite Countries:  Finland, Latvia, Ukraine, Serbia, Montenegro, Georgia, Japan, Argentina.

Countries For Future Travel:  Norway, Sweden, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldova, Uzbekistan.
(01-21-2020, 07:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 03:23 PM)262 Wrote: Been in Tbilisi for a few days. 360-day visa caught my interest, as well as mixed reports about the girls (LTR material, or sluts? Cute hipster styles, or lame Berlin hipster styles?). My first impression on them in one word: meh.

I get an IOI here and there from 6s and below, maybe due to the way I dress, and/or due to my non-native look. The massage promoters on David Aghmashenebeli Avenue seem to know I'm not a local when they run their bit on me in English.

Tbilisi before 2009 was a goldmine for Western men.  The problem is the government liberalized the visa program for Gulf Arabs, Iranians, Indians, and others so now it is INUNDATED with thirsty foreign men who drove the night life underground and caused a great deal of xenophobia that was not there when I used to visit back then.  I still visit Tbilisi each year and the difference now is striking!

The solution to that problem for Georgia is to stay away from Tbilisi and Batumi.  Focus on living in cities like Kutaisi where there are so few foreigners that resentment has not destroyed the famous Georgian hospitality factor.

The other thing I see is the area in which you stayed.  Try to stay in Vake which is a upper class, posh, residential area.  David Aghmashenebeli Avenue is seen by locals as "Little Arabia" with all its Turkish and Arab and Persian owned small shops.  The locals hate them and there have been anti-immigrant protests there that some feared would turn into purge riots.

There is also the area near the Rooms Hotel in Vera that is even cheaper than Vake and closer to the center.  You will see quality Georgians going about all day unlike on Aghmashenebeli Avenue which is a working class shopping district overrun by middle eastern businesses.[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF4-bFyasNg][/url]

I've never heard Georgia referred to as a Goldmine, it has some of the ugliest women in Europe in my opinion.
Who is ugly and who is beautiful is an extremely subjective thing.  I don't find Georgian typical women at all "ugly" and neither do many men who visit and choose to live there.  They might not be your particular taste, but your taste does not necessarily reflect the tastes of most men.  Please keep that in mind.....

If Georgian women are not ugly on the whole, then the same goes for every country.

I'd like to see a guy turn down a Victoria's Secret model because she is "not their type"
(01-24-2020, 02:18 AM)Kamaki Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 07:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:

If Georgian women are not ugly on the whole, then the same goes for every country.

I'd like to see a guy turn down a Victoria's Secret model because she is "not their type"
Apparently, if a Victoria's Secret model is Georgian she would be too ugly according to YOU.   But, again, your taste in women does not constitute all or even most men's taste.  To think so is immature at best, and clinically narcissist at worst. 

Don't be that guy who gets all offended because someone who thinks the movie you loved was a despicable bore.  Same goes for women.
Favorite Countries:  Finland, Latvia, Ukraine, Serbia, Montenegro, Georgia, Japan, Argentina.

Countries For Future Travel:  Norway, Sweden, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldova, Uzbekistan.
(01-24-2020, 04:14 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 02:18 AM)Kamaki Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 07:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 08:29 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Couple of things I see here.....

Apparently, if a Victoria's Secret model is Georgian she would be too ugly according to YOU.   But, again, your taste in women does not constitute all or even most men's taste.  To think so is immature at best, and clinically narcissist at worst. 

Don't be that guy who gets all offended because someone who thinks the movie you loved was a despicable bore.  Same goes for women.

I wouldn't expect a contrarian to agree.

I'm glad you like find Georgian women attractive, and that you recommend living in Kutaisi. We all have our different standards!
Geogian women are average to ugly.

Sure there are attractive women everywhere but we are talking about average here.

However Armenian women are no better.

Armenian women are darker, with much more iranic and anatolian admixture and some of them look.like roma people.

Gerorgian ones are lighter.

As for turkish women which Kamaki mentioned here, they are very mixed and it depends about which turkish women you are talking about.

There are 5-6 million turks of full or partial Albanian ancestry , same numbers almost with the ones of Bosnian ancestry and add here 4 million Circissians also.

Most beautiful women come from these groups and they make thr majority of actors in Turkey.

Than you have a few from thousands of marriages with slavic women.

Than you have kurds and arabs also.

Than you have anatolian turkish women.

Kurds ,arabs and anatolian groups have ugly to average women in terms of look.
These ones aren't so bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE9EOCBUvtM
I found Armenian women to be slightly above Georgian women in the looks department. Neither are anything to shout about on the whole. Though as they are quite Conservative places you could find a "good" woman there.
(04-05-2020, 07:27 PM)deb_auchery Wrote: I found Armenian women to be slightly above Georgian women in the looks department. Neither are anything to shout about on the whole. Though as they are quite Conservative places you could find a "good" woman there.
That pretty much matches my assessment although guys who are not into the dark-haired, olive-complexioned type will always maintain that South Caucasus women are "ugly."   The level of narcissism it takes to think their personal tastes in women matches most men's is immense.  That's what I see in a few of the posts in this thread.

Thread's piqued my interest in the country. Would anybody recommend Tbilisi to an FSU newbie? Any particular scams or things to watch out for, or is it relatively safe if you're not a moron?

What's the status of the quarantine and lockdown? I know Russia is supposed to open back up around the end of the month.
(04-06-2020, 09:42 AM)Vic Vega Wrote: Thread's piqued my interest in the country. Would anybody recommend Tbilisi to an FSU newbie? Any particular scams or things to watch out for, or is it relatively safe if you're not a moron?

What's the status of the quarantine and lockdown? I know Russia is supposed to open back up around the end of the month.
Tbilisi is likely the most user-friendly FSU country for Westerners.  The biggest dangers are crazy driving (I have had friends killed and hospitalized due to car accidents), and taxis trying to over charge you.  

There are also scams in old town with overcharges at shisha bars and strip clubs like in many places.

Short of that, have at it.

I was in Tbilisi twice during the last couple of years and loved it. I got lucky during the last trip getting my flag from tinder (which was crazy given how terrible it was there) and girls seemed far more amenable to day game than most European countries I visited. Quality wasn't Ukraine, put it that way. But not bad either.

I didn't visit Batumi or Kutaisi though I am curious about the latter based on what some of you guys are writing on this thread.

I am most interested in Georgia as a potential place to set up tax residency (0% foreign tax) making it a great base for a nomad. It seems you can either do this via 183+ day/year rule or buy investing a huge amount along with some other conditions. Probably the first option is the only one for me at the moment. I am definitely going to look into this more.

I also hear it is great for banking and opening an offshore company.
(04-14-2020, 05:22 PM)Wannabang Wrote: I was in Tbilisi twice during the last couple of years and loved it. I got lucky during the last trip getting my flag from tinder (which was crazy given how terrible it was there) and girls seemed far more amenable to day game than most European countries I visited. Quality wasn't Ukraine, put it that way. But not bad either.

I didn't visit Batumi or Kutaisi though I am curious about the latter based on what some of you guys are writing on this thread.

I am most interested in Georgia as a potential place to set up tax residency (0% foreign tax) making it a great base for a nomad. It seems you can either do this via 183+ day/year rule or buy investing a huge amount along with some other conditions. Probably the first option is the only one for me at the moment. I am definitely going to look into this more.

How is Georgia for citizenship? I saw online that you can stay in Georgia for 365 days without a visa, do you know if that is true?
(04-15-2020, 12:35 AM)Mister Happy Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 05:22 PM)Wannabang Wrote: I was in Tbilisi twice during the last couple of years and loved it. I got lucky during the last trip getting my flag from tinder (which was crazy given how terrible it was there) and girls seemed far more amenable to day game than most European countries I visited. Quality wasn't Ukraine, put it that way. But not bad either.

I saw online that you can stay in Georgia for 365 days without a visa, do you know if that is true?

For Americans and certain other citizens, yes.

From what I read, getting residency is not too hard (might involve investing a lot of money though) but citizenship looks very difficult (probably you wouldn't want it anyway). I would need to look into it a lot more. But it looks like you wouldn't need to go that far to become tax resident if that is what you are after.
(04-15-2020, 12:35 AM)Mister Happy Wrote:

How is Georgia for citizenship? I saw online that you can stay in Georgia for 365 days without a visa, do you know if that is true?

It's true

They are doing what they can to attract foreign investment in what is a lost part of Europe

A good place to set up an offshore company perhaps, but not so much for living in my opinion. It doesn't have much appeal for us players as the women are not up to much, it's conservative, and not much fun. There are also an increasing amount of Islamic tourists, especially in Batumi which is a gambling mecca.

Many of the expats I met there were foreigners living on a meagre pension, some English teachers, and some that are living in Ukraine but need to spend 90 days out of the country and want somewhere dirt cheap.

Typicals expats are pensioners that love the nature and low cost of living

The nature around Kutaisi is beautiful, but it's a sleepy little city. Mostly young and old people, unemployment seems very high - many people wandering around doing nothing
(01-24-2020, 08:54 AM)Tori Wrote: Geogian women are average to ugly.

Sure there are attractive women everywhere but we are talking about average here.

However Armenian women are no better.

Armenian women are darker, with much more iranic and anatolian admixture and some of them look.like roma people.

Gerorgian ones are lighter.

As for turkish women which Kamaki mentioned here, they are very mixed and it depends about which turkish women you are talking about.

There are 5-6 million turks of full or partial Albanian ancestry  , same numbers almost with the ones of Bosnian ancestry and add here 4 million Circissians also.

Most beautiful women come from these groups and they make thr majority of actors in Turkey.

Than you have a few from thousands of marriages with slavic women.

Than you have kurds and arabs also.

Than you have anatolian turkish women.

Kurds ,arabs and anatolian groups have ugly to average women in terms of look.

Haha you just have to get one before she hits old age at 25, unfortunately their best years are behind them after 18
I think I am going to open a bank account in Georgia if I have the chance to go there this year. Armenia also is meant to have great banks to keep your money from being weakened by inflation.
(04-21-2020, 05:08 PM)Wannabang Wrote: I think I am going to open a bank account in Georgia if I have the chance to go there this year. Armenia also is meant to have great banks to keep your money from being weakened by inflation.

I hope you do, great info. I think banking is extremely important. One problem in Argentina, one of the largest in fact, is the over-regulated banking and exposure to taxation.

Have you looked at e-residency in Estonia, is there any benefit there? Maybe not so much to shelter you from taxes in your real country, but as easy banking?

I also looked at Panama, however to set up the corporate structure etc must be $2500 a year in lawyer fees and all that.
I’m not sure about this Estonian e-residency but I do remember reading on Nomad capitalist (or the Sovereign man, I forgot which) that Estonia is good for incorporating but I didn’t read too much into it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Georgia becomes the next Singapore given how economically free and tax friendly it is. It seems to be a running theme with these tiny countries that don’t need gargantuan tax revenues to fund massive infrastructures (and other stuff I don’t care to go into if you catch my drift).

Yeah I mean no one should try to hide money from their governments Swiss bank style because it’s very illegal and you have FATCA rules which would make doing so impossible anyway. Banking offshore for me is more about security as well as better ROI. As far as taxes, I don’t think it matters what the tax situation is like in any foreign country you incorporate in or bank in. You will still pay taxes on foreign income in the country you are tax resident (most likely - I am no expert!!) In my case in the UK bank interest is tax free up to £1000/year anyway so it’s not a big thing in this case.

I will make a ‘5 flags theory’ thread soon so we can all discuss this in detail. Regarding Georgia though, I have a feeling I am going to be getting more and more intimate and involved with this country in the next couple of years...

Edit: one thing about Argentina you mentioned. It sucks about the shitty tax situation because if I stayed there 2 years after getting a residency I would qualify for a 2nd passport! But tax wise it would be shit and there is no guarantee you would actually get the passport no matter how many years you stay there. Paraguay seems like a better prospect. Tax free for the first few years I believe. Some even say it’s like the Georgia of South America. I need to look more into that.
(04-05-2020, 07:27 PM)deb_auchery Wrote: I found Armenian women to be slightly above Georgian women in the looks department. Neither are anything to shout about on the whole. Though as they are quite Conservative places you could find a "good" woman there.

your subreddit is pretty interesting