Georgia (Tbilisi, etc.)
(01-21-2020, 01:38 PM)Kamaki Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 08:29 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 03:23 PM)262 Wrote: Been in Tbilisi for a few days. 360-day visa caught my interest, as well as mixed reports about the girls (LTR material, or sluts? Cute hipster styles, or lame Berlin hipster styles?). My first impression on them in one word: meh.

I get an IOI here and there from 6s and below, maybe due to the way I dress, and/or due to my non-native look. The massage promoters on David Aghmashenebeli Avenue seem to know I'm not a local when they run their bit on me in English.

Couple of things I see here.....

Tbilisi before 2009 was a goldmine for Western men.  The problem is the government liberalized the visa program for Gulf Arabs, Iranians, Indians, and others so now it is INUNDATED with thirsty foreign men who drove the night life underground and caused a great deal of xenophobia that was not there when I used to visit back then.  I still visit Tbilisi each year and the difference now is striking!

The solution to that problem for Georgia is to stay away from Tbilisi and Batumi.  Focus on living in cities like Kutaisi where there are so few foreigners that resentment has not destroyed the famous Georgian hospitality factor.

The other thing I see is the area in which you stayed.  Try to stay in Vake which is a upper class, posh, residential area.  David Aghmashenebeli Avenue is seen by locals as "Little Arabia" with all its Turkish and Arab and Persian owned small shops.  The locals hate them and there have been anti-immigrant protests there that some feared would turn into purge riots.

There is also the area near the Rooms Hotel in Vera that is even cheaper than Vake and closer to the center.  You will see quality Georgians going about all day unlike on Aghmashenebeli Avenue which is a working class shopping district overrun by middle eastern businesses.[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF4-bFyasNg][/url]

I've never heard Georgia referred to as a Goldmine, it has some of the ugliest women in Europe in my opinion.
Who is ugly and who is beautiful is an extremely subjective thing.  I don't find Georgian typical women at all "ugly" and neither do many men who visit and choose to live there.  They might not be your particular taste, but your taste does not necessarily reflect the tastes of most men.  Please keep that in mind.....
Favorite Countries:  Finland, Latvia, Ukraine, Serbia, Montenegro, Georgia, Japan, Argentina.

Countries For Future Travel:  Norway, Sweden, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldova, Uzbekistan.
(01-21-2020, 07:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 03:23 PM)262 Wrote: Been in Tbilisi for a few days. 360-day visa caught my interest, as well as mixed reports about the girls (LTR material, or sluts? Cute hipster styles, or lame Berlin hipster styles?). My first impression on them in one word: meh.

I get an IOI here and there from 6s and below, maybe due to the way I dress, and/or due to my non-native look. The massage promoters on David Aghmashenebeli Avenue seem to know I'm not a local when they run their bit on me in English.

Tbilisi before 2009 was a goldmine for Western men.  The problem is the government liberalized the visa program for Gulf Arabs, Iranians, Indians, and others so now it is INUNDATED with thirsty foreign men who drove the night life underground and caused a great deal of xenophobia that was not there when I used to visit back then.  I still visit Tbilisi each year and the difference now is striking!

The solution to that problem for Georgia is to stay away from Tbilisi and Batumi.  Focus on living in cities like Kutaisi where there are so few foreigners that resentment has not destroyed the famous Georgian hospitality factor.

The other thing I see is the area in which you stayed.  Try to stay in Vake which is a upper class, posh, residential area.  David Aghmashenebeli Avenue is seen by locals as "Little Arabia" with all its Turkish and Arab and Persian owned small shops.  The locals hate them and there have been anti-immigrant protests there that some feared would turn into purge riots.

There is also the area near the Rooms Hotel in Vera that is even cheaper than Vake and closer to the center.  You will see quality Georgians going about all day unlike on Aghmashenebeli Avenue which is a working class shopping district overrun by middle eastern businesses.[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF4-bFyasNg][/url]

I've never heard Georgia referred to as a Goldmine, it has some of the ugliest women in Europe in my opinion.
Who is ugly and who is beautiful is an extremely subjective thing.  I don't find Georgian typical women at all "ugly" and neither do many men who visit and choose to live there.  They might not be your particular taste, but your taste does not necessarily reflect the tastes of most men.  Please keep that in mind.....

If Georgian women are not ugly on the whole, then the same goes for every country.

I'd like to see a guy turn down a Victoria's Secret model because she is "not their type"
(01-24-2020, 02:18 AM)Kamaki Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 07:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:

If Georgian women are not ugly on the whole, then the same goes for every country.

I'd like to see a guy turn down a Victoria's Secret model because she is "not their type"
Apparently, if a Victoria's Secret model is Georgian she would be too ugly according to YOU.   But, again, your taste in women does not constitute all or even most men's taste.  To think so is immature at best, and clinically narcissist at worst. 

Don't be that guy who gets all offended because someone who thinks the movie you loved was a despicable bore.  Same goes for women.
Favorite Countries:  Finland, Latvia, Ukraine, Serbia, Montenegro, Georgia, Japan, Argentina.

Countries For Future Travel:  Norway, Sweden, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldova, Uzbekistan.
(01-24-2020, 04:14 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 02:18 AM)Kamaki Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 07:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 08:29 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Couple of things I see here.....

Apparently, if a Victoria's Secret model is Georgian she would be too ugly according to YOU.   But, again, your taste in women does not constitute all or even most men's taste.  To think so is immature at best, and clinically narcissist at worst. 

Don't be that guy who gets all offended because someone who thinks the movie you loved was a despicable bore.  Same goes for women.

I wouldn't expect a contrarian to agree.

I'm glad you like find Georgian women attractive, and that you recommend living in Kutaisi. We all have our different standards!
Geogian women are average to ugly.

Sure there are attractive women everywhere but we are talking about average here.

However Armenian women are no better.

Armenian women are darker, with much more iranic and anatolian admixture and some of them look.like roma people.

Gerorgian ones are lighter.

As for turkish women which Kamaki mentioned here, they are very mixed and it depends about which turkish women you are talking about.

There are 5-6 million turks of full or partial Albanian ancestry , same numbers almost with the ones of Bosnian ancestry and add here 4 million Circissians also.

Most beautiful women come from these groups and they make thr majority of actors in Turkey.

Than you have a few from thousands of marriages with slavic women.

Than you have kurds and arabs also.

Than you have anatolian turkish women.

Kurds ,arabs and anatolian groups have ugly to average women in terms of look.
These ones aren't so bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE9EOCBUvtM
I found Armenian women to be slightly above Georgian women in the looks department. Neither are anything to shout about on the whole. Though as they are quite Conservative places you could find a "good" woman there.
(04-05-2020, 07:27 PM)deb_auchery Wrote: I found Armenian women to be slightly above Georgian women in the looks department. Neither are anything to shout about on the whole. Though as they are quite Conservative places you could find a "good" woman there.
That pretty much matches my assessment although guys who are not into the dark-haired, olive-complexioned type will always maintain that South Caucasus women are "ugly."   The level of narcissism it takes to think their personal tastes in women matches most men's is immense.  That's what I see in a few of the posts in this thread.

Thread's piqued my interest in the country. Would anybody recommend Tbilisi to an FSU newbie? Any particular scams or things to watch out for, or is it relatively safe if you're not a moron?

What's the status of the quarantine and lockdown? I know Russia is supposed to open back up around the end of the month.
(04-06-2020, 09:42 AM)Vic Vega Wrote: Thread's piqued my interest in the country. Would anybody recommend Tbilisi to an FSU newbie? Any particular scams or things to watch out for, or is it relatively safe if you're not a moron?

What's the status of the quarantine and lockdown? I know Russia is supposed to open back up around the end of the month.
Tbilisi is likely the most user-friendly FSU country for Westerners.  The biggest dangers are crazy driving (I have had friends killed and hospitalized due to car accidents), and taxis trying to over charge you.  

There are also scams in old town with overcharges at shisha bars and strip clubs like in many places.

Short of that, have at it.