Should I relocate to SE Asia
For some time now I have been thinking about leaving North America(currently live in Toronto).
I am about 5'5''..mid thirties, good career, fit, look younger. 

I find asian women attractive and my game is better with them since I am able to hold strong frame with them.Physically smaller women are a better fit for me, though I have dated 6 ft women too.

Working in mid management in a global organization..I have the potential to relocate within same company to Singapore or Hongkong. Using one of these as base can travel frequently to Vietnam, Phillipines, Indonesia.

Have never been to these cities.

Would love to hear from experienced members..
I would absolutely make the move. Sounds like life is a little stale. You've been thinking about it, just do it. Swoop shows how travel can spice things up and re-energize you if I like that sort of adventure. You'll broaden your horizon, learn new things, new people, new food. Moved abroad and have no regrets, don't plan on going back either. I find asian women better because they have less entitlement and more humble attitude from my experience. Also their cute petite frame is hardly found in the west.

I would asap once your ducks are in a row. Personally would choose Hong Kong over Singapore if that was the choice, but haven't experienced either. Gut feels like HK would be better in some way. Also you might get away with doing less work abroad because you can kind of slip through the cracks and disappear where there could be more of a magnifying glass on you in Toronto.
The question isn't whether you should leave Toronto - eventually yes - but more critically:

How will you afford to leave?
(03-21-2018, 06:09 AM)Aviator Wrote: I have the potential to relocate within same company
I'd move to Singapore, then take frequent trips to Bangkok. Too bad Bangkok isn't an option for you, it's an amazing city.
I just left my job in the US. I worked in finance managing over a billion dollars but the reality is unless you are ultra wealthy, work in developed places outside of Asia, sucks. I mean Toronto to me is a great place for 4-5 months but the rest of the time I would never want to be there. Where I live in New England it's a much smaller and sitter place than Toronto. I am moving to either Cebu, Bkk or Chiang Mai this summer. I liked HK better than Singapore. Singapore just seems like the US. HK is a funnier more interesting place.
(03-21-2018, 03:12 PM)Traveltothemax Wrote: I just left my job in the US. I worked in finance managing over a billion dollars but the reality is unless you are ultra wealthy, work in developed places outside of Asia, sucks. I mean Toronto to me is a great place for 4-5 months but the rest of the time I would never want to be there. Where I live in New England it's a much smaller and sitter place than Toronto. I am moving to either Cebu, Bkk or Chiang Mai this summer. I liked HK better than Singapore. Singapore just seems like the US. HK is a funnier more interesting place.

Thanks.
Good luck with your move.

I must add I have migrated to Canada and waiting to get my citizenship.
I believe for long term social security and international travel and of course DHV in asia, having a Canadian passport would help.
If you get an opportunity to transfer within your company, do it immediately. You won't regret it.

Both Hong Kong and Singapore are ridiculously expensive, so hopefully the job comes with a big fat expat salary. Then you'll have fun.

Hong Kong is certainly superior to Singapore. Just more interesting and offers more variety. Singapore has been accused of becoming boring fast.
I quite like both cities, spend a fair bit of time in each, but Singapore is a far superior hub if you want to spend weekends on trips to Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, etc, etc. Singapore then becomes your 'real life' getaway from your 'wild life' weekends.
I think signapore will offer the most fun and options.

You can take weekend trips to Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc

Can also fly in women from those places to spend a week with you in Singapore.
I think the best way to answer your question would be to take a trip there, live there for a few weeks and see for yourself if you like it.

Know that Singapore is insanely expensive, to get the hotter girls you should have a car, and an economy car is like 100k there
(03-28-2018, 01:25 AM)Suits Wrote: If you get an opportunity to transfer within your company, do it immediately. You won't regret it.

Both Hong Kong and Singapore are ridiculously expensive, so hopefully the job comes with a big fat expat salary. Then you'll have fun.

Hong Kong is certainly superior to Singapore. Just more interesting and offers more variety. Singapore has been accused of becoming boring fast.

Thanks Suits

I might start with a vacation first.