Tinder general thread
Anyone else using tinder plus with the “only shown to people you’ve swiped right on” option? I wonder how this option impacts your # of matches. When I’m not on the road I’d generally prefer to only show my profile to the under 25 chicks that I’m swiping on instead of the general population that tinder shows my profile to when I select the other option. but my experience (in this case not large cities, USA) is that I’m currently only averaging 1-3 quality matches per day, either way I set it.

Care to comment on your relative experience in this regard?
The last time I used tinder I used that feature, why have your face out there for everyone to see? I'd rather have only half decent chicks be able to see my profile but it may fuck with your ELO.
(02-12-2021, 12:48 PM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote: Has anyone tried using Tinder and Hinge on the same phone with different ages? I have a Tinder account but I'd like to create a Hinge account with a lower age to beat the age filters that most younger girls (under 25) have on their accounts. When I used Hinge in the past, girls also tended to be more responsive and willing to meet up but I don't want to create a new account if I'd get shadowbanned on Tinder since the same company owns both apps.

So I went ahead and created a Hinge account using a different credit card and e-mail address but the same photos. I'm getting matches and messages on Hinge without issue, so it doens't look like there's any shadowban. I really do think having a lower age helps with college-aged girls (18-21) and I can easily pass for someone in their early 20's. Where I live most of the attractive girls on Hinge are white, which is the hardest group in the US, especially those still in college. And I've noticed that a lot of those girls on Hinge are not on Tinder.
^ Concur, I've heard elsewhere that Hinge beats Bumble which beats Tinder, but volume and international use goes in the other direction.
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
Hinge is the highest quality for me at least, I've met the hottest girls on there and date girls at a higher percentage than the other apps. Bumble is probably the worst for whatever reason. Tinder is overall the best and highest volume but the quality is really up and down.

My issue with Tinder is I basically have to pay to get good usage off of it. The regular version low key blows. It's possible to pull off of that but your volume of matches will be way lower.

I really do want to get to a place where I can pull off of online very consistently. I could probably go on a couple dates every month on average as it is. I'm curious if anyone here is pulling off of online with good regularity (like one girl a week over the course of a year).

I'm also curious if anyone else has weird fluctuations. The same lines and pictures that got me a lot of success in January are eating it right now which is frustrating.
How are you guys creating new accounts/running multiple accounts? (across Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, etc.)
It can be real pain if you get banned (they never provide a reason or even a warning) or if just want to refresh/delete your account and start over.
Often you'll have no means of logging in again or creating a new account.

They all seem to have become more stringent about authentication and have started to block secondary services (like Google Voice, TextNow, 2ndLine, etc.) when requiring you to authenticate via 2FA (they'll often send a code via text message).
Has anyone noticed this year that you don't get matches if you've deleted your account once and create another one immediately with the same phone number? When you try to delete your second new account (due to no matches) the app says "Account delete failed". There's a form on Tinder website where you can request account deletion and then they will respond to your email always automatically the following message:

"We're sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing. We've looked at your account and everything seems to be working properly."

After that all likes you've got emerge suddenly to the list as if you were freed from the shadowban (you can also delete your account normally in this point).

This has happened to me few times already. I'm using Android 9.
(02-23-2021, 05:44 PM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote: So I went ahead and created a Hinge account using a different credit card and e-mail address but the same photos. I'm getting matches and messages on Hinge without issue, so it doens't look like there's any shadowban. I really do think having a lower age helps with college-aged girls (18-21) and I can easily pass for someone in their early 20's. Where I live most of the attractive girls on Hinge are white, which is the hardest group in the US, especially those still in college. And I've noticed that a lot of those girls on Hinge are not on Tinder.

Well, so far, I haven't met with any of the girls I've matched. I chatted over video with one of the girls since she wasn't in town but still wanted to meet and it actually went very well. She should be in town this weekend so I'm going to try to meet up with her. There's also another girl who seems eager to meet but had to reschedule this past weekend and I'm also going to try to get her out in a few days.
Overall, though, in the 18-21 age range my match rate was 2-3% and a lot of those girls would either ignore my first message or suddenly ghost during the chat before I could propose meeting up. I have a feeling those girls are too swayed by the limitless options to focus on one guy for even a few chat exchanges. Then again, students also tend to be the flakiest group on the app in general since they often get plenty of attention in real life or just chicken out on meeting up with push comes to shove. I haven't gotten the impression that anyone is particularly afraid of getting sick or anything.

I've expanded to the 22-24 age range and my match rate has been higher there (closer to 10%). I'm supposed to meet up with one girl from that cohort in a few days but the unresponsiveness has been worse in that band.
(03-03-2021, 12:52 PM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 05:44 PM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote: So I went ahead and created a Hinge account using a different credit card and e-mail address but the same photos. I'm getting matches and messages on Hinge without issue, so it doens't look like there's any shadowban. I really do think having a lower age helps with college-aged girls (18-21) and I can easily pass for someone in their early 20's. Where I live most of the attractive girls on Hinge are white, which is the hardest group in the US, especially those still in college. And I've noticed that a lot of those girls on Hinge are not on Tinder.

Well, so far, I haven't met with any of the girls I've matched. I chatted over video with one of the girls since she wasn't in town but still wanted to meet and it actually went very well. She should be in town this weekend so I'm going to try to meet up with her. There's also another girl who seems eager to meet but had to reschedule this past weekend and I'm also going to try to get her out in a few days.
Overall, though, in the 18-21 age range my match rate was 2-3% and a lot of those girls would either ignore my first message or suddenly ghost during the chat before I could propose meeting up. I have a feeling those girls are too swayed by the limitless options to focus on one guy for even a few chat exchanges. Then again, students also tend to be the flakiest group on the app in general since they often get plenty of attention in real life or just chicken out on meeting up with push comes to shove. I haven't gotten the impression that anyone is particularly afraid of getting sick or anything.

I've expanded to the 22-24 age range and my match rate has been higher there (closer to 10%). I'm supposed to meet up with one girl from that cohort in a few days but the unresponsiveness has been worse in that band.
Is this your first time being on Tinder? You sound like you're surprised at the treatment these sluts are giving you. This is the norm my friend. For your age bracket you gotta be jacked and have a face of a giga-chad to receive limited shit from the girls and for them to engage with you on the regular. The girls closer to 30 will be harder, as they are jaded, more selective and smarter dealing with guys. 

I'm above average in the face, 33 6'3 blonde,blue eyes, fit and my average in the USA for matching is around 3-5%. I did some modeling around your age and still for me it's not easy in the USA. Outside the USA its a whole new game. I've found that the girls closer to 30 and above are very hard to crack. They want it all or nothing at all. Also keep in mind, a lot of girls have no intention on meeting anybody, it's just validation. 

swipe away.....
Lol. Thank god there is travel