Moving to Tokyo or some other Asian City
I am considering moving from the San Francisco Bay Area to Tokyo or some other Asian city and I am looking for your opinions about different option that I have.

Let's start with some background. I'm 34 years old, European, and I moved to US a few years ago for a very good job as a software engineer. Dating in Silicon Valley is not ideal for a man, so I am looking for a better location. My job gives me opportunities to move to Tokyo, Taipei, and maybe also Singapore and Seoul.

The move will unfortunately mean also a pay cut. I don't know the exact number, but I am making around $320k in US, in Tokyo I would get around $220k, in Taipei $150k, and I don't have data for other places. Also, in US I can get even more money in a few years, but in Asia I may not have the same opportunities for growth.

In terms of social life I am looking for dating and sex with young women, but not for a long term relationship.

Would you move in my situation? If yes, then where?
For me it would be between Tokyo and Taipei.

From here I would spoof my location to said cities and gauge my dating value with the online apps (tinder, cupid, badoo, skout, etc)

Choose the one with the better results.

How is dating in SF hard? Seems to me women would flock there to snag some Silicon Valley employee.

I might would consider Singapore just due to how cheap and quick flights are to Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam.

You could just bring in girls to date you from those countries.
Wink 
SF is not ideal in terms of dating, because there are plenty of successful men here. I find it easy to date women around 35, but 18-25 do not seem available. Another big problem is that I work near San Jose, not San Francisco, which is 2 hour drive away.

Spoofing GPS convinced me that I want to be in Jakarta  Wink  , but I can't get a job there easily. I didn't get as many matches in Taipei, and almost no matches on Tinder in Tokyo, but I don't know if I'm not popular or whether Tinder is not a thing there.

How about foreigners in Tokyo? Is there much talent in this amount foreign women?
Singapore or Taipei.

Id pick between those two.
How much does money matter to you?

Even though living costs in Tokyo and Taipei will probably be lower than living costs in SF, you'll still probably save more living in SF cuz of your high salary. Also, like you said, you might have more room for growth in the US

I'm assuming it doesn't matter enough to stop you from going to Asia (based on your post)

--

Personally, I would choose Tokyo

But some very important questions:

How would you describe yourself in terms of looks? Average, above-average, etc.
What is your height
How is your "real life game" (cold approach - day/night, social circle)
** Do you speak any Japanese

I got the impression that online (Tinder) was not that good in Tokyo. Doable but not that good compared to other places. As in, it's not as popular

Also, while a lot of people travel to Tokyo, I don't know why one would even bother when one is surrounded by hot Japanese girls (you don't know how amazing Japanese girls are unless you've been to Japan - "always go to the source")
--

Taipei and Singapore I have never been

From what I have read though

Taipei isn't as hard as all the other places you listed
Singapore girls aren't as hot (subjective) as the other places + there are a lot of foreigners who are ballin there (finance hub for SEA)

--

Seoul

I don't recommend unless you really know what you're doing

--

Honestly, if I was getting paid as much as you (and assuming you somewhat like the US/aren't crazy about Asian chicks), I would just try to get relocated to NYC (there are a lot of Asians - not as hot as Asian Asians but still some hot ones. Especially recently - Chinese - fresh off the boat, rich exchange students, etc. have taken over the city. Would estimate that NYC is now 20% Chinese - no exaggeration) or maybe somewhere in Europe

Or like Dash said, live in SEA, e.g. Singapore, and take trips to Jakarta, etc. Especially Jakarta if you are white - you will slay
New Post:

Daygame in Korea

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)
Great reflections here. It is hard to give a proper 2 cents without knowing exactly what your priorities are.

If girls are a major factor, I would really recommend traveling to said cities first. There is a significant variance in the looks of Japanese women and ethnic chinese women (which you will get in Taipei and Singapore). In Singapore there is more variance, as many are mixed with Malay. In Singapore you also have many domestic helpers from the Phils and Indonesia.

If it was me, I would go to Tokyo because of the higher salary and quality of life. And once you're established, you should't have any problems finding girls in any of the cities. One thing not often mentioned on this forum is that strategies for finding girls is very different when traveling vs. living in a foreign city. Once settled, relying on friends and networks is the preferred method of gaming. While traveling it is of course the apps and day and night gaming. Now Tokyo is crazy, but if you flexible it will become crazy in a good way very fast. Tinder is not so widely used in Tokyo, but there are several apps (often changing) that will facilitate dating.

Another question is how are you with languages and how eager are you to learn them. Most would argue that Japanese is easier to learn than Mandarin. In either place, some basic language will go a long way, although there are plenty of girls who can speak some English. In Singapore, English is much more widely spoken.

I will say, the problems you are facing are ones most people would kill to have. Happy hunting.
I've been to every one of those cities and for me it would be Seoul. It has the hottest girls of all them (although not the easiest). If It was Osaka and not Seoul where you would be moving , I may say Osaka. Just because there is something magical about Japan. Taiwan will probably have the easiest girls and it's quite comfortable, but for me it just wasn't anything special. Japan and Korea are cooler countries and you can find a lot easier girls in south east asia. I mean, I guess Taiwan is a nice middle ground. But yeah, I would probably do Seoul. Hottest girls in Asia, hands down. And also a really fun city with nice culture. Also if you like hot girls who play video games, this is the best place in the world to find them.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
Assuming you could save 1k or more a month in Singapore it might provide the coolest lifestyle.

Every other week you could hit up another country in the region for cheap.

Dirt cheap airfare.
Thanks for the replies! Let me clarify a few things.

As for how much the money matters to me: it does, but my thinking is in terms of early retirement. 12 months in California does to my retirement account exactly the same what 18 months in Tokyo does, and I'd rather be there. Aside from the money I like the people I work with, which is something important. These two factors can keep me in US for some time.

In terms of looks I am 1.75m tall (5'9" and half an inch) , not-so-great body, and with receding hairline. Basically, nothing special, but not bad either. My game is poor. In US I date on Coffee Meets Bagel app. I can match with more 35 year old decent looking women than I have time to meet. The thing is that I don't really believe in The Game. You are what you are and women will see this. In some places you will be a rock star and somewhere else you will be an average Joe. Don't get me wrong, it's not the I don't care. I just think that living in the right place gets you more than the game.

I started learning Japanese using Pimsleur. I'm in the middle of phase two. Pronunciation is easy, but the weird grammar and the unfamiliar vocabulary terrify me. I think I could learn two European languages with the same amount of effort. I also learned some Kanji with the famous Heisig book. It looks like fun and does not scare me. I prefer weird Japanese grammar over the tones in Mandarin.

As for my preferences for women, I don't have the yellow fever. Asian girls are great, but white woman's hips are what makes me feel like a wild animal. I know only a few Japanese girls, so I don't know if I will like them.

It's interesting that people have so different opinions about Korea.

As for visiting the places I've been to both Tokyo and Taipei and liked both. Taipei is however rather small and Tokyo is huge and every district has a different character. I don't know how well I would do with the ladies, because I visited both with a girlfriend.

I've heard many times that Osaka is nicer than Tokyo, but unfortunately I have oportunities only in Tokyo.

Dirt cheap airfare from Singapore is nice, but I won't be getting much vacation.
Set your tinder to Tokyo and Taipei.

Report back with the stats.

Curious how many matches you get in each place.
The only thing I see with tokyo is all expats living there they became really japanese...
If you just go to visit there's no problem with that, you can even enjoy it "wow, so polite people"
But when you go deeper you see how everything there is structured, all relationships act as what the norm expects. If you really enjoy being alone, tokyo is a great place. But I don't know how that works for longer periods.

Still I love going there for month or so
(02-16-2018, 03:37 AM)gms Wrote: Thanks for the replies! Let me clarify a few things.

As for how much the money matters to me: it does, but my thinking is in terms of early retirement. 12 months in California does to my retirement account exactly the same what 18 months in Tokyo does, and I'd rather be there. Aside from the money I like the people I work with, which is something important. These two factors can keep me in US for some time.

In terms of looks I am 1.75m tall (5'9" and half an inch) , not-so-great body, and with receding hairline. Basically, nothing special, but not bad either. My game is poor. In US I date on Coffee Meets Bagel app. I can match with more 35 year old decent looking women than I have time to meet. The thing is that I don't really believe in The Game. You are what you are and women will see this. In some places you will be a rock star and somewhere else you will be an average Joe. Don't get me wrong, it's not the I don't care. I just think that living in the right place gets you more than the game.

You can go to the gym
Do something about your hair
Wear lifts in your shoes
Etc

Those things will help a lot

Based on what you just said though, I wouldn't do Seoul - Tokyo and Taipei would be top two. I would guess that Taipei might be a little easier but I love Japan so I'm biased jaja

I started learning Japanese using Pimsleur. I'm in the middle of phase two. Pronunciation is easy, but the weird grammar and the unfamiliar vocabulary terrify me. I think I could learn two European languages with the same amount of effort. I also learned some Kanji with the famous Heisig book. It looks like fun and does not scare me. I prefer weird Japanese grammar over the tones in Mandarin.

That is funny you say that. It must be so different for people who don't speak a similar language (I speak a similar language).

But even getting conversational would do so much for you

As for my preferences for women, I don't have the yellow fever. Asian girls are great, but white woman's hips are what makes me feel like a wild animal. I know only a few Japanese girls, so I don't know if I will like them.

It's interesting that people have so different opinions about Korea.

Trust me - you don't know Japanese girls if you've never been to Japan (granted Japanese, and Asian girls in general, aren't curvy generally)

And I stand by what I said about Korea, it's not a place for beginners (unless you want to improve).

20 is a pimp so his results won't be typical for most guys

As for visiting the places I've been to both Tokyo and Taipei and liked both. Taipei is however rather small and Tokyo is huge and every district has a different character. I don't know how well I would do with the ladies, because I visited both with a girlfriend.

I've heard many times that Osaka is nicer than Tokyo, but unfortunately I have oportunities only in Tokyo.

Dirt cheap airfare from Singapore is nice, but I won't be getting much vacation.

Thanks for the detailed info. Lets people give good advice

My recommendation would be Tokyo (maybe Taipei but I've never been so can't say)
New Post:

Daygame in Korea

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)
(02-11-2018, 07:26 PM)gms Wrote: I am considering moving from the San Francisco Bay Area to Tokyo or some other Asian city and I am looking for your opinions about different option that I have.

Let's start with some background. I'm 34 years old, European, and I moved to US a few years ago for a very good job as a software engineer. Dating in Silicon Valley is not ideal for a man, so I am looking for a better location. My job gives me opportunities to move to Tokyo, Taipei, and maybe also Singapore and Seoul.

The move will unfortunately mean also a pay cut. I don't know the exact number, but I am making around $320k in US, in Tokyo I would get around $220k, in Taipei $150k, and I don't have data for other places. Also, in US I can get even more money in a few years, but in Asia I may not have the same opportunities for growth.

In terms of social life I am looking for dating and sex with young women, but not for a long term relationship.

Would you move in my situation? If yes, then where?

$150K USD is enough to live comfortably in Taipei (assuming you have no dependents/debts). Many foreigners here teaching english, making less than a third of the amount, and living comfortably. 

If you are expecting to consistently date attractive 18-25 year olds.. based on your stated physical traits/social skills, that's probably not gonna happen as much in Taipei unless you do some things to convey wealth, develop solid social skills and charm, and build local connections. Get in shape also. Then put in a lot of hours to meet girls. 

However, you can easily date attractive girls in the 25-35 range, with less effort. And this might well suffice for you. They will on average be better looking (and generally much thinner) than same aged women in USA.

If what you mean is that you exclusively want to date in the 18-25 range, you should determine a way to relocate somewhere in SE Asia (Philippines, VN, etc.) or a developing nation. Age is not a factor in those countries. It's not uncommon to see men in their 40s & 50s with very attractive 18-25 YO. You won't see a regular guy consistently pulling that in Taipei. It happens but it's an exception and not typical. 

As you stated "living in the right place gets you more than the game", If you have no "game" then the right place is probably not going to be Taipei, Seoul, Tokyo, etc. If your dating life in SF is limited to what you can pull off of Coffee Bagel app or whatever... you will need to taper any initial high expectations unless somehow you end up in Phils/VN/etc. or you overhaul your physical traits/social skills/etc. and convey a bit of wealth.

Good luck sir.
Taipei has hot girls that are relatively easy to get but it's a boring city. After you have a few girls on rotation you will get bored after a few months. Food is great and nature is pretty nice, but it's overall a mediocre place with mediocre people. Best case scenario in Taipei is that you find a hot girlfriend. After you have enough sex you'll get bored after a few months. Taiwanese people are uninteresting (but to be fair, so are Japanese), and the quality of expats is low in Taipei. Majority are LBH (losers back home). Tokyo has more to do, better food, and Japan is a more interesting country overall.

If you're only purpose is to get laid then Taipei is a good option. I personally like Taiwanese girls better than Japanese. My point is that while the women are okay (majority of Taiwanese women are garbage, but the good ones are great), it's a dead end to live in Taipei.

Edit: as others have said, you need to bring your A-game to Taipei if you want hot girls. It's easy to get laid with 6's and below but you cannot just show up and get hot girls. Money talks in Taiwan
(02-23-2018, 12:24 PM)mike Wrote: Taipei has hot girls that are relatively easy to get but it's a boring city. After you have a few girls on rotation you will get bored after a few months. Food is great and nature is pretty nice, but it's overall a mediocre place with mediocre people. Best case scenario in Taipei is that you find a hot girlfriend. After you have enough sex you'll get bored after a few months. Taiwanese people are uninteresting (but to be fair, so are Japanese), and the quality of expats is low in Taipei. Majority are LBH (losers back home). Tokyo has more to do, better food, and Japan is a more interesting country overall.

If you're only purpose is to get laid then Taipei is a good option. I personally like Taiwanese girls better than Japanese. My point is that while the women are okay (majority of Taiwanese women are garbage, but the good ones are great), it's a dead end to live in Taipei.

Edit: as others have said, you need to bring your A-game to Taipei if you want hot girls. It's easy to get laid with 6's and below but you cannot just show up and get hot girls. Money talks in Taiwan

What makes a city not boring?
Nightlife in Taipei sucks. Girls are hot but that's it. For me nightlife cannot possibly be fun unless the music is good. This is what makes Europe and NYC fun for me. I can go out and hear good music, there's more to it than solely getting laid. In Taipei your best case scenario is getting laid, there's not much fun to be had beyond that. Thailand is good because if you're not into big cities you can go to the islands and party there. Islands are fun. There's also good nature around Thailand so there's plenty of fun to be had if you're into outdoor sports. Brothels are also fun if you're into that.. Bangkok has plenty of those Taipei has some okay nature but most of the hikes there are paved trails and staircases. It's a bit lame going for a hike when the entire thing is a paved road. Taiwan is the only place where I've experienced that. To me Taipei is a quiet city with very little to do.

This isn't something I care about much, but there's isn't much interesting cultural stuff to see in Taipei. It's a young, westernized Asian country. You can go to night markets. Those are cool the first few 2 or 3 times you visit. Taiwanese people are friendly but are generally simple and uninteresting. I know lots of locals. I can count on 1 hand how many of those people are actually cool and I'd like to see again. I mean visit for yourself and see. Taiwan is lame but girls are definitely hot.
(02-24-2018, 05:27 AM)mike Wrote: Nightlife is Taipei sucks. Girls are hot but that's it. For me nightlife cannot possibly be fun unless the music is good. This is what makes Europe and NYC fun for me. I can go out and hear good music, there's more to it than solely getting laid. In Taipei your best case scenario is getting laid, there's not much fun to be had beyond that. Thailand is good because if you're not into big cities you can go to the islands and party there. Islands are fun. There's also good nature around Thailand so there's plenty of fun to be had if you're into outdoor sports. Brothels are also fun if you're into that.. Bangkok has plenty of those Taipei has some okay nature but most of the hikes there are paved trails and staircases. It's a bit lame going for a hike when the entire thing is a paved road. Taiwan is the only place where I've experienced that. To me Taipei is a quiet city with very little to do.

This isn't something I care about much, but there's isn't much interesting cultural stuff to see in Taipei. It's a young, westernized Asian country. You can go to night markets. Those are cool the first few 2 or 3 times you visit. Taiwanese people are friendly but are generally simple and uninteresting. I know lots of locals. I can count on 1 hand how many of those people are actually cool and I'd like to see again. I mean visit for yourself and see. Taiwan is lame but girls are definitely hot.

Probably better to say there is not much variety or it severely lacks (insert type of music) as people's music tastes vary. For me I think Saigon nightlife sucks because it's over priced, lacks the naughty dick grinding ass shaking music and dancing I like ie Top 40 & Reggeaton, not many options so you always go to the same places and see the same people, table and bottle service country etc. 

If you are working full time you more than likely won't have much time to do a lot of island hoping and other vacation mode type things so I wouldn't make it be main factor. 

I am not so picky about a city if I am working and living there. I just need a solid pool of girls to date, a few solid nightlife spots, malls, cinemas and gyms. The more of those things I have the better. 

I have found Asian nightlife in general (in the major cities atleast) to not be my style. Good nightlife for me is 

1) Happening Places w/ Decent Ratios (80+% capacity)
2) Consistent
3) American Top 40 & Latin Music
4) Dance Floors With Girls Mingling, Making Out and Dancing With Men Grinding Dick
5) Cheap to Moderately Priced Beer (1-3USD) & Mix Drinks (3-5USD)
6) [Semi Bonus] Plenty of Options
7) [Semi Bonus] Moderately Loud Music (Can Still Talk To Girls and Hear Myself Think)
8) [Bonus] Not Too Dark (Need to Be Able to See Girls and Be Seen)
9) [Bonus] Not Too Crowded (Need to Be Able to Walk Around Without A Ton of Trouble or It Taking An Hour To Do X)

Seoul is a fucking massive city and only has ONE bar/club that was good and consistent. Haven't found any good clubs or bars in Bangkok yet. Manila has a few decent places. Saigon has no good clubs or bars. Phnom Penh has no good clubs or bars. Jakarta has a few decent places. Wasn't impressed the few nights I was in Kuala Lumpur. Still need to check out Shanghai, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Taipei. Haven't been to Singapore also, but I would bet my left nut it doesn't have a good club or bar.
Go to Hong Kong. On Sundays there are clubs full of hot domestic helpers from Indonesia and the Phils, and they are grinding their asses on anything that moves.
before making a commitment to move perminatley its best to visit each place for atleast 2weeks as you might get more matches on tinder but you might not like the vibe of the city and going to both/multiple cities does a few things. first you get to see the contrast the vibe on the place, the layout, the women on the street etc and also because you've been and see and experienced them all your be more confident in your decision and know you've made the right choice. its hard to make a choice from what you read in a forum. I couldn't id have to go stay explore each option for a bit.
(02-24-2018, 05:22 PM)k pop Wrote: Go to Hong Kong. On Sundays there are clubs full of hot domestic helpers from Indonesia and the Phils, and they are grinding their asses on anything that moves.

That is only part of the equation. 

Still need non expensive drinks, decent ratios etc.