Your travel plans for 2018
(04-17-2018, 04:32 AM)alicetaylor Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 09:11 PM)self-amused Wrote: yo there was a topic last year, thought I'd create it for this year as well. 

I'm heading to BKK soon, then a bit of island hopping or somewhere near the beach in Thailand.

For summer EE is on the plan and I hope to spend the fall somewhere in LA, probably Mexico or Columbia. 
Everything is quite fluid haha

I have started the year in Cape Town. This place is honestly a goldmine. Locals from all over the country seems to descend on the town during summer, mixing with foreigners from all over the world. I have met a lot of German travelers, as well as others from Argentina, the UK, the USA, Australia, China, Iceland, and Italy.

My tip would be to book yourself into an airbnb in the Cape Town CBD area. It is extremely central, close to all the nightlife, beaches, and winefarms. I ended up staying with a couple locals who introduced me to theor group of friends (this was the real goldmine). Everyone is so friendly as long as you are open to speak to them. You may have to initiate the conversation, but from there it is easy. Really a great place for a solo traveller to meet people.

Next Im heading up North to a Zimbabwean luxury safari lodge called Matetsi Victoria Falls. Im pretty sure I wont be meeting anyone here, but the lodge is relatively close to the town of Victoria Falls, so hoping to try my luck there.

Happy travels friends

Text Faces