Opportunity for a Semester Abroad
Hey guys. So I have a scholarship to cover a semester abroad.

Here are my options:

London, England

Rennes, France

Seoul, South Korea

Beijing, China

Tokyo or Kyoto, Japan

Monterrey, Mexico

Alcala, Spain

Denmark

Austria

Germany

Belgium

Netherlands

Finland

Which one would offer the most opportunity? Which one is most worth the effort for such opportunity? Which will be cheapest for me (personal costs, drinks, etc)?
What is your ethnicity / appearance?

How old are you?

What languages do you speak?

From that only two jump out to me.

Monterrery Mexico and Tokyo Japan.

As a white man with a Latin fetish, I would lean towards Mexico.
(12-07-2017, 05:37 AM)Dash Wrote: What is your ethnicity / appearance?

How old are you?

What languages do you speak?

From that only two jump out to me.

Monterrery Mexico and Tokyo Japan.

As a white man with a Latin fetish, I would lean towards Mexico.

I am majority white (90%+). Somewhat Hispanic.

I speak English, Krio, and I can understand Spanish, but speaking it is a challenge.

I am 18.
Fire up Tinder and see which city gives you the most matches between Monterrey and Tokyo.

Ultimately though, I think Mexico will be more fun.
If cost is at all of an issue your only real choice is Mexico. Well Beijing also but you'll have to wear a respirator and carry a weedwacker on dates. Mexico will be half the cost of most other places. Plus you will have language acquisition opportunity.

If cost is not an issue, then Japan for sure.

Will you be at a university?  If so, that is your best pulling opportunity. Check out the logistics and demographics of the host university. I studied abroad in Budapest and my program was at the largest university in town. There were girls everywhere, all wanting to practice their English. It was like taking cabbage rolls from a baby.
He would have higher value in Mexico than Japan imo.

Also, Spanish would be more beneficial and easier to learn than Japanese.
Yeah But Mexico Is close to the US and you can get there easily any time. Japan Is somewhere that you aren't going to be able to live for more than a short period of 1-3 weeks on future vacations without a good job in a place like Tokyo. Japan also Is closer to SEA for weekend trips.
If he lives in Texas or SoCal then yea he could get there anytime easily and cheap.

A round trip ticket from most places is going to be 500+.

Also weekend trips to SEA from Tokyo are also expensive 500ish dollars. If he lived in SEA then yea super cheap to fly other places. But from Seoul and Tokyo, not so much.

So unless his parents are going to be sending him 1k extra each month he wont be able to really explore Asia.

So basically, it's going to come down to each city/country vs each other.

For a white guy Mexico > Japan. Women are better. More fun. Culture better. Cheaper.

Id rather live in Mexico and just take a short weekend trip to Tokyo later down the road.

Latin America is just 1,000 times better than Asia in my opinion.

God I miss Latin women, latin music, Spanish language etc.

At the end of the day OP, you got to weigh which factors are more important.