Infield Tech
Been wearing a GoPro Hero 5 session on a lanyard around my neck to record my day game infields for later analysis. Like how pro athletes analyze game (lol) footage of themselves.

Girls don't seem to notice or care.

Voice commands, such as "GoPro start recording" work ok, as long as it isn't too noisy for it to hear you, and for you to hear the confirmation beeps.

This model automatically turns itself off after 10 minutes from your last photo or video (or 10 seconds from power on). After that, voice commands don't work.

No option to turn this "auto off" feature off or adjust it.

Solution: Use voice command "GoPro take a photo" every 9 minutes to keep it on standby. Have a timer on my phone that vibrates after 9 minutes as a reminder.

Standby time during a day game session this morning in sunny warm 70F weather using the above method - with some infields recorded - was only about 3 hours.

Solution: Connect it to a portable power pack or other power source in my pocket. Loop the cable through my shirt.

Later or better GoPro models have a "GoPro turn on" voice command that seems to work quickly, based on what I've seen on YouTube reviews. So I'd recommend those over this model for recording a day game session that lasts more than 3 hours.

I dump the video to my private YouTube account, since storage there is free and unlimited.

Other solution to the power issue: Use the super charger that came with my Moto g7 to wall recharge my GoPro during a break in the day game session. Seems to recharge it from empty to full in about an hour with the GoPro completely off.
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
My response to the old "why you losers trash the West?"
Without being too much of a weirdo, I'd be interested in watching some of your infields. DM if you're down to share
I suppose people assume its just a standard touristy photography camera or something if they do see it. How helpful has it been to spot areas of improvement?
(04-12-2021, 12:48 PM)AirWaves Wrote: Been wearing a GoPro Hero 5 session on a lanyard around my neck to record my day game infields for later analysis. Like how pro athletes analyze game (lol) footage of themselves.

Girls don't seem to notice or care.

Voice commands, such as "GoPro start recording" work ok, as long as it isn't too noisy for it to hear you, and for you to hear the confirmation beeps.

This model automatically turns itself off after 10 minutes from your last photo or video (or 10 seconds from power on). After that, voice commands don't work.

No option to turn this "auto off" feature off or adjust it.

Solution: Use voice command "GoPro take a photo" every 9 minutes to keep it on standby. Have a timer on my phone that vibrates after 9 minutes as a reminder.

Standby time during a day game session this morning in sunny warm 70F weather using the above method - with some infields recorded - was only about 3 hours.

Solution: Connect it to a portable power pack or other power source in my pocket. Loop the cable through my shirt.

Later or better GoPro models have a "GoPro turn on" voice command that seems to work quickly, based on what I've seen on YouTube reviews. So I'd recommend those over this model for recording a day game session that lasts more than 3 hours.

I dump the video to my private YouTube account, since storage there is free and unlimited.

Other solution to the power issue: Use the super charger that came with my Moto g7 to wall recharge my GoPro during a break in the day game session. Seems to recharge it from empty to full in about an hour with the GoPro completely off.

I used to record audio for analyzing later, but I can see how much more useful it can be to look at body/facial language response.
Its much easier to review the approach at home vs in the moment memory which can be fuzzy.
@Cobra Kai This ^
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
Still waiting for link to video Smile do you have an option to continuously record in 5-sec segments, which eventually record over the oldest files? it makes it easier to get everything, then once something important happens, you find that time, and save to somewhere else. Makes it easier to delete bs, because when people post these videos, its often 30 minutes to wait for a few seconds. Deleting unwanted 5-sec portions, then stitching together the good parts, is also easier than editing a huge file.
I be nutting in these bitches!
https://youtu.be/ixCrLAgk4YI
My videos are mostly for myself and maybe a handful of guys I trust to give good day game advice and not try to dox me or whatever with them.

There is a continuous loop video option. But given the already limited standby battery life, continually shooting is not an option.
(04-14-2021, 10:20 AM)AirWaves Wrote: My videos are mostly for myself and maybe a handful of guys I trust to give good day game advice and not try to dox me or whatever with them.

There is a continuous loop video option. But given the already limited standby battery life, continually shooting is not an option.

I am curious to see, it's hard to find infield vids today. I imagine there is a solution to allow the go-pro to film continuously as they are so popular and I don't recall seeing people complain about battery life. 

Do you want to give more details on which go-pro it is? I am looking for one in fact. Thanks for posts bro
Should be plenty of infields on YouTube or maybe BitChute or the like.

The solution to continuously filming is probably one I mentioned. Hook it up to a portable power pack.

The GoPro I'm using is the GoPro Hero 5 session. I know I'm repeating myself, but AFAIK there are no sub models beyond that description.
50 F overcast weather yielded a standby battery life of 4 hours on my GoPro Hero 5 session, with some short infields recorded.
Did some mall day game yesterday due to bad weather.

Voice control doesn't work too well in this environment. The mall music and other voices and sounds makes it hard for both the device to hear you, and for you to hear the confirmation beeps.
Just use a wireless remote
Yeah I'll have to take a look at the reviews to see if that'll work. The place I bought my GoPro from was also selling GoPro remotes.

Could also use my phone and the GoPro app. Concern would be battery life, since it uses WiFi to transmit video. Might be a way to turn the video transmission off though.
Hi Airwaves

Interesting TS, thanks.

What about a bodycam as we say?

I just looked at one - 9h battery time (depending on video quality, adjustable), 100h standby, 4K/2160p Ultra HD, wide angle lens, night vision.

LCD screen with playback etc, HDMI port for connecting to screen.

Dust and water proof, can be used in all weathers.

400€ for this little baby, but that's probably high compared to what you can find on other stores.
~~~nimbusflowstate~~~
That could work.

Probably could explain it away too as a video blogging tool in the unlikely event a girl asks.
I used to use a camera pen, stuck in top of laptop bag slung over shoulder, carried around chest level, was the perfect to capture an interaction. Also went with it just in jeans pocket a few times but that usually cut off the girl's head once I closed in. It looked just like this model amazon.com/Camera-Recorder-Fuvision-Portable-Conference/dp/B06VW2FN1D

Battery life was more like one hour than two, and definitely bulkier than a regular pen so not absolutely stealth. Never went with it in the shirt pocket of a button-up for this reason, but never got questioned about it.
Also noticing that even with my GoPro 5 Hero Session off for days, the battery loses charge. So I have to keep topping the battery off, in case I want to use it.

The age of the device, and its battery, despite being new, may be the cause. The GoPro Hero 5 Session came out in October 2016.

Mine also sometimes turns itself on when charging. Thankfully it beeps, so I can turn it off again.
Turns out I can't just keep my GoPro Hero 5 Session always plugged in to keep its battery topped off.

I did this and it once again turned itself on. But when I touched it, it was hot.
I received this from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/CHARMINER-Recordi...522&sr=8-3

It was $35 and comes with a 32 GB micro SD card. Apparently it records video at 1080p. When I tested it at home, it was really good. But when I was approaching at the mall, it started to lag after about 1.5 hours, as I found out while viewing the files on my computer. I also found out it records in 10-minute increments. Will probably just step to the side and turn it on and off before entering a store for daygaming. (I clipped this video recorder to my belt.)

Another note: when I opened the package, I found out the video recorder was made in China. But it works, for the most part.
One positive side effect of video recording your infields is that you can go back and see what the girl really looks like, as opposed to what she looks like in her profile or social media.

I just did this with an engaging long game lead. There's at least a one point difference there.

Now some guys will say, "well duh AirWaves, everyone knows this." But it's another thing to actually see the difference, nevermind be so starkly reminded.

With that taken care of, it's easier to make the appropriate Game decisions, and not let your biology drive you too astray.