Fascinating events in Saudi Arabia
Anyone else following Saudi Arabia lately? 

First the King breaks all tradition and appoints his son as the crown prince aka 2nd in power and successor to the throne. A post that was always previously filled by the brother of the King. To do this they had to play some game of thrones type shit. Lots of controversy. 

Next, the new crown prince shakes up the government again sacking people and putting his own people in various positions. 

Just recently, the crown prince spear headed a corruption crackdown that included some of the richest men in the Middle East, one very famous billionaire prince in Al Waleed Bin Tahal. As well as some very prominent government officials like the former head of the Saudi National Guard. 

A helicopter carrying various princes and officials crashed killing all on board not long ago as well. 

Adding to the story, the Prime Minister of Lebanon was summoned to Saudi Arabia and it's presumed forced to resigned on Saudi owned media and still has not left Saudi Arabia leaving many thinking he is being held captive. 

This is one wild shit. The crown prince is pissing off a ton of very powerful people. Curious to see how all this will play out and the backlash if any that results.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Saudi_Arabian_purge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2jllzAy1BU
When I was still reading news stuff

I remember reading that the crown prince was making efforts to diversify the economy away from oil as well, get people to be more productive (I think given the insane oil profits, people just all get cushy no-work jobs and still make like six figures over there)
Are you suggesting Saudi could be the next hidden swoop destination?  Unfortunately under those burquas is lurking a lot of oil-rich fatty flesh.

However, one time in Beirut I had a long layover. I happened to be near a gate where flights from Riyadh were coming in. I watched woman after woman go into the bathroom in that black letterbox and come out strapped into tight jeans and breasty tops. It was truly a sight to behold. And some of those ladies were fine!  In a country where you could get stone to death for swooping, Saudi is definitely the hustler's road less traveled.
I read an article not long ago about how the oil in saudi arabia is running out and once the oil goes, so will the economy. A civil war would only speed up that process I imagine.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
I might actually end up working in Saudi come August.
That would be really interesting, except for the girl part. There is an English demand?
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
(11-20-2017, 06:15 AM)20Nation Wrote: That would be really interesting, except for the girl part. There is an English demand?

yea but if I go it wouldnt be teaching english. 

id be teaching math.
Dash, which school?  I've interviewed with Saudi Aramco, but just didn't think I could handle the isolation and forced celibacy.

Lately I've actually thought about doing it for a couple years to dry out.
No clue right now. I will start applying to schools right after Christmas.
(11-20-2017, 01:57 AM)Dash Wrote: The crown prince is pissing off a ton of very powerful people. 

I was following some of the news on these events. I think it's fascinating. He's the second most powerful person in the country, and future king, and just 32 years old.
(11-20-2017, 11:59 PM)fellowtraveler Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 01:57 AM)Dash Wrote: The crown prince is pissing off a ton of very powerful people. 

I was following some of the news on these events. I think it's fascinating. He's the second most powerful person in the country, and future king, and just 32 years old.

Let's be real, he is the most powerful person in the country. 

I bet he can get his daddy to do anything he wants. 

And I heard his dad is going to step down soon.