One week in SEA, where to go?
I’m going to be spending a few months in Jakarta at the beginning of next year for work. I’ll use my free time to travel a bit within the country so thinking after I’ve done working taking a week to travel to another country in the region. Where do you guys recommend I go?

As a bit of background – the only place in South East Asia I’ve done before is the Philippines (I’ve mainly hit before North Asia - Japan, North and South Korea, China and Hong Kong). Had a good time in the Philippines but I’m wanting to go somewhere new. Never done Thailand,  but planning a bigger trip later next year to conquer it properly. 

At the moment I’m leaning towards Taiwan – thinking a place I can see a decent amount of within a week, although heard it can be a bit tough.
You only have 2 options really.

Taiwan and Vietnam.

Then since you said you only have 1 week, it really means you only have one option.

Taiwan. (assuming girls/party/dating is main priority).

If getting laid and girls is not your main priority, then id go to Vietnam.
Thanks for the input.

I agree they're probably the best options. 

Vietnam is a country I'd love to go to, even if just for the history and sites - planning a longer trip there sometime as well, plus the info seems to be you need a lot longer than a week to crack the game in Vietnam.

Sounds like Taiwan is the best bet. The general feeling is that it's tougher than Philippines and Indonesia - what do you think my chances are of getting the flag within a week? Including factoring at least some times to travel and maybe see a site or two?
Cambodia is worth a look. It is not as developed as Vietnam, but it is changing quickly with many opportunities.
Be professional, be polite, but always have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
You can easily get your flag in Taiwan. Taipei is amazing, but if you just want the flag I would concentrate your efforts in Kaohsiung or Taichung. You will have more exotic value.

If I were you, I would stay within Indonesia and not hurry yourself. Indonesia is so culturally rich and diverse. Immerse yourself in it, and go to Taiwan next trip when you have more time. For example you could go to Sulawesi and feel like you're in a different country.
(11-19-2017, 06:36 PM)on_the_go Wrote: Thanks for the input.

I agree they're probably the best options. 

Vietnam is a country I'd love to go to, even if just for the history and sites - planning a longer trip there sometime as well, plus the info seems to be you need a lot longer than a week to crack the game in Vietnam.

Sounds like Taiwan is the best bet. The general feeling is that it's tougher than Philippines and Indonesia - what do you think my chances are of getting the flag within a week? Including factoring at least some times to travel and maybe see a site or two?

Assuming you are not deformed, obese, mentally impaired in anyway, well groomed and dress decent to good your chances of getting laid in one week id estimate at 90% IF you put in the effort. 

1) Pipeline 1-2 weeks before arrival. 

2) Index and rank the girls you net from online game. Send the ones you want to meet a few messages a day so they wont forget you and that you can build some rapport.

3) Book a centrally located place on Airbnb that has a kitchen

4) Set up 2 dates a day (1 during day or early evening and the other for night) While on the day or early evening date attempt to pull them back to your place after coffee or food. For the night date if you think they will go out late late to a bar or club with you need to arrange that. If not, then just meet for coffee, food, or cinema at like 7-9pm. Again attempt to pull them back to your place after date. I find it much easier and natural to make the bounce to your place if its a late late bar or club date. Usually never have to ask them if they want to come. Just say lets go and it's assumed we are going to my place. For daytime or evening dates, you are going to have to ask or suggest them to go to your place probably. But just do it. Worst that happens is they can say no. Also, you can make a date into checking out a tourist site you want. Two birds with one stone.

5) If your 2nd date ends and she wouldn't go back to your house. No fear you still got one more shot at getting laid. By now it should be about 10-12am and you still got time to hit the bars and clubs solo. 

6) Research good places to take dates to. Also research the best nightlife options. 

Now you are all set and ready to get that flag.

Oh forgot a few more things,

7) If by chance you encounter a freak online or an older horny cougar you can just ask them to come straight to your place. Just say, come over and cook or eat.

8) Plan your dates, 1-2 days in advance if you can. Can be really hard and frustrating if you try to set up a date for 7pm and it's 5pm day of.

Also, if one a bar or club date with a girl. Try to go around 10-11pm and then try to bounce her at around 12-1am. This way if by chance she says no and wont come home with you, you still got time left to go back to the bar or club and attempt a pull.

With this strategy, you will have about 3 chances everyday to get the flag.
dont go to cambo unless u want hookers

vietnam also but to a lesser extent

just do a google search of girls from different countries and go where your dick leads you :p
helping guys find the hottest girls at GuysNightlife
Taiwan really felt like a cheaper Japan, that wasn't as magical. I wasn't a huge fan and my favorite girls ended up being the foreign ones studying there. But i like the food and the infrastructure is going to be refreshing.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
Dash - Thanks for the detailed response! This was essentially my battle plan in the Philippines and it reaped rewards. 

K Pop - Good shout, was thinking of spending the bulk of my time in Taipai, but if I decide on Taiwan will follow your advice.

I think Cambodia would be an interesting country to experience, but with just a week my fear is that I'll basically be stuck in PP due to the bad infrastructure and difficulty in getting around?

Interested in what 20Nation says - I loved Japan! Was there years ago and didn't game, but the place was magical. I guess Taiwan will tick some of the same boxes.

I've been doing some more research and one thing I've found is that flights from Jakarta to Taipai are about three times as much as getting to Bangkok - nearly 400 USD (for the direct, and with my limited time do I want to waste it sat around airports!?). With this in mind I've started thinking about Thailand as well...

Would a few days in Bangkok, and trip out of town, maybe to a beach and then back to Bangkok for a farewell party weekend be worth it?
I wouldnt want to do Thailand if I was going to do it later in the year.

I would swallow the extra cost to see a new country and get a new flag.
(11-19-2017, 09:16 AM)on_the_go Wrote:  At the moment I’m leaning towards Taiwan – thinking a place I can see a decent amount of within a week, although heard it can be a bit tough.

If you spend your whole week in Taipei, you will have plenty of time to explore all around the city.

In total, I spent about 6 weeks in Taipei this year. Each week seemed different. 

Dating was easy for me. Lots of options. The several blocks between Fuxing and Dunhua MRT has more attractive girls walking around than you will be able to count. 

I put minimal effort into meeting girls in Taipei. I didn't do any "pipelining". If I matched someone on an app, would just straightaway ask their line, call them, talk to them for 10 minutes, and schedule a time to meet. Majority were receptive.

The "general feeling is that it's tougher than Phils"... I did not have any tough weeks in Taipei. I had some normal weeks and some insane weeks. Better times than I had from several months around Phils, which could just be pure luck or coincidence. But really.. some days I would wake up thinking.. "damn.. that really happened."

Also, if you've spent time in Hongkong, China, etc. I think the girls won't be much different (in looks) than what you've already experienced. So that might be motivation to try somewhere else.
(11-20-2017, 10:51 AM)on_the_go Wrote: I think Cambodia would be an interesting country to experience, but with just a week my fear is that I'll basically be stuck in PP due to the bad infrastructure and difficulty in getting around?

they have cheap shared vans that can take you to the other cities easily, the problem is that 99.9% of the local girls are either A) good girls waiting for marriage or B) hookers

if you don't want to pay hookers you are going to have to pick up other tourists

or shore hookers who need money to survive which is cringeworthy (and you are still banging hookers whether paying them or not)

also expect to find the worst food in the region and the overall lowest quality of life there

cambodia has a few positives, mostly that it is very cheap and the visa is super easy, but for someone looking for the best place to go for a one week trip (if getting laid is the goal) it is towards the bottom of the list
Thailand is always worth it, IMO. There's always something new and fresh to see, and you're guaranteed a good time.

However, if seeing something absolutely new is your goal, then go do that.
you can probably cut your travel costs in half by flying to kuala lumpur on air asia and then flying from there

it will waste around 3 to 4 hours, but it can save $200... up to you on if it is worth it or not
Yeh agree with Dash, think I'm best to save Thailand. Am planning another trip spending time in Thailand then going down to KL and then to Singapore.

Guys - I hear ya, will probably spend the extra money and go direct though as the in-direct take so much longer and are at horrible times. As I'll only have a week I want to land and get straight to it, not lose a day sleeping off the overnight flight/nap on a bench in an airport.

I'll be heading over to the Indonesia Thread to collect all the info I can before I head to Jakarta. It's going to be madness.