What is the best way to learn Spanish?
Fellas,
I’m looking for some methods to best learn Spanish. I have recently started the pimsleur Audio discs and I’ve had some success. I just started traveling and have been to the domincan republic five times since March. I have been relying on the translator and my limited Spanish so far. It would be so much  easier being able to communicate with the girls. I’ve had some legendary trips so far and want to have even more fun so I’m just searching for some solid advice. Thanks in advance boys!
No tricks

Pimsleur is a good start

After you can make basic convo (e.g. my name is _, I'm from _, how are you)

Start doing a lot of language exchange / just speaking the language

Some sites and apps are
Conversation Exchange - good because there are no pics (doesn't turn into a dating site)
Hellotalk - app - has pics - you can try and bang girls off it
Italki
Etc.

E.g. when you go to DR, only speak Spanish, don't make English-speaking friends or use Tinder/meet girls who are good at English/only out for gringo dick
New Post:

Daygame in Korea

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)
(11-03-2017, 12:41 AM)whiteknightrises Wrote: No tricks

Pimsleur is a good start

Some sites and apps are
Conversation Exchange - good because there are no pics (doesn't turn into a dating site)
Italki
Etc.

E.g. when you go to DR, only speak Spanish, don't make English-speaking friends or use Tinder/meet girls who are good at English/only out for gringo dick

I appreciate the advice. I have been just about everywhere in the DR. I’ve met a ton a different types of girls but most of them are always angling for something. I actually like Santiago and stay mostly near the Monument. Being able to speak the language fluently would be like stealing there. It’s easy enough as it is. The problem is I know there are a million places to go to have even more fun but I’m stuck going to the DR because it’s fairly cheap and I know the lay of the land. Thanks for the help brotha!
Where do you live?  When I was in college I realized I needed to learn Spanish so I took a job at olive garden washing dishes. I was fluent in 6 months. It is this sort of commitment/diligence/sacrifice you need in life to earn anything.  If you don't like dishes find a spanish speaking friend and abjectly refuse to use english

Texting is a money way to learn any language. When I lived in Brazil I learned Port exclusively through text. It gives you time to slow down and think about what your'e writing and look it up.

You like the DR?  Just incessantly message your girls. I guarantee they have nothing else to do.

In the meantime, keep Spanish news, music, movies on in the background at all time. It will just soak into you.

You can do the apps/websites, shit for fun, but that's not the invested way to learn a language.. my two cents.
I differ from a lot of people. I think the best way is this

1) Learn the alphabet + pronunciation

2) Learn the grammar

3) Learn basic common phrases

4) Learn the most basic / common words (once you learn about 300 you will be able to communicate on a basic decent level)

Try to work your way up to 1,000 words. Then if you really want to be fully conversational without much limitation go to 2,500 words.

Make flash cards and a spread sheet of these words. Anki is a popular flash card software. Timed repetition.

Have a local review your translations to ensure it's correct.

I'd also make a audio file with the translations so you can listen to it while your out and about.

Some more general tips

1) Communicate with girls using said language (doing so many google translates over and over you will start to remember words)

2) Watch tv shows and movies with subtitles

3) Listen to music in said language

Most important thing... dedicate time every day to studying.

Here are some word lists to get you started

https://www.learnthat.org/word_lists/view/3137

https://growingparticipatorapproach.word...by-domain/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...GI/pubhtml

http://www.manythings.org/vocabulary/lis....php?f=voa
(11-03-2017, 01:00 AM)CCNJ3 pid= Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 12:41 AM)whiteknightrises Wrote: No tricks

Pimsleur is a good start

Some sites and apps are
Italki
Etc.

I appreciate the advice. I have been just about everywhere in the DR. I’ve met a ton a different types of girls but most of them are always angling for something. I actually like Santiago and stay mostly near the Monument. Being able to speak the language fluently would be like stealing there. It’s easy enough as it is. The problem is I know there are a million places to go to have even more fun but I’m stuck going to the DR because it’s fairly cheap and I know the lay of the land. Thanks for the help brotha!

I live in New Jersey. I’ve tried to immerse myself in it. I actually listen to a lot of Spanish music and do text with a bunch of girls. All good ways to learn. I’m committed to do it and learn. Being able to talk without the translator one day will be so much easier. The girls all have their angles so I get it. Just want to talk to some guys who can point me in the right direction. I’m sure many guys are in my same spot.

(11-03-2017, 01:34 AM)Dash Wrote: I differ from a lot of people. I think the best way is this

1) Learn the alphabet + pronunciation

2) Learn the grammar

3) Learn basic common phrases

4) Learn the most basic / common words  (once you learn about 300 you will be able to communicate on a basic decent level)

Try to work your way up to 1,000 words. Then if you really want to be fully conversational without much limitation go to 2,500 words.

Make flash cards and a spread sheet of these words. Anki is a popular flash card software. Timed repetition.

Have a local review your translations to ensure it's correct.

I'd also make a audio file with the translations so you can listen to it while your out and about.

Some more general tips

1) Communicate with girls using said language (doing so many google translates over and over you will start to remember words)

2) Watch tv shows and movies with subtitles

3) Listen to music in said language

Most important thing... dedicate time every day to studying.

Here are some word lists to get you started

https://www.learnthat.org/word_lists/view/3137

https://growingparticipatorapproach.word...by-domain/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...GI/pubhtml

http://www.manythings.org/vocabulary/lis....php?f=voa

Dash,
Thanks for the help. I listened to your podcast tonight. Good stuff. Live the dream! Lol.... I’ve been putting ain an hour or two in everyday. Some days even more just to learn the language. I’ve been doing that for the last three months and it’s pretty cool how much I’m learning. On a side note, I’ve been going to the DR  but I would like to get to some other places. I like seeing some of the same girls along with a the usual newbies. I’m getting stuck into falling into the routine of going there. Any suggestions about either sticking to it or heading somewhere else? Thanks for your time!
Whether to spread your wings or stick to old habits is a great question.

Once you have some Spanish under your belt, the sky is the limit. If you like danger, head to Venezuela. Girls there now will fuck you for a plate of frijoles. Enjoy white meat, head to Buenos Aires, incredible city. Care for the cheapest, purest Coke on earth coupled with easy women and fresh seafood? Head to Lima. Prefer skinny intellectuals sipping Malbec?  Head to Santiago. Enjoy trekking through pastel mountains and drinking from clear mountain streams with hairy sherpa women?  go to patagonia.. all these babes speak spanish and have friendly, fuck me attitudes...

but if you want the sexiest, cock hungry women in this hemisphere, yes, keep going to the DR.. or Cali
Great advice! I go solo and I like it because the lone wolf thing works for me. I like talking to other people when I head down there to learn their tricks and figure things out. Sometimes it can be hard going solo because from time to time it takes time to figure out simple thing. One of the biggest problems is narrowing it down which girls I’m gonna spend time with in the DR. I have done very well with women here in the states but doing it in a foreign country in on a whole another level. The last time a was down there for four days I was banging at least three girls a day and still had a bunch I didn’t have the time to see. If I could talk the language it would be so much easier and I’d be able get the next level girls. When you don’t speak the language fluently it feels like you get labeled as the foreigner that everyone thinks they can hustle. I think speaking the language will be able to eliminate some of those obstacles. Imapapreciaye your advice and really want to get to other places at some point when the time is right. Right now I’m probably gonna stick to the DR and get better at this traveling thing before branch out. This forum is really gonna be a helpful to someone like me who is just getting started.
(11-03-2017, 01:56 AM)CCNJ3 Wrote: Dash,
Thanks for the help. I listened to your podcast tonight. Good stuff. Live the dream! Lol.... I’ve been putting ain an hour or two in everyday. Some days even more just to learn the language. I’ve been doing that for the last three months and it’s pretty cool how much I’m learning. On a side note, I’ve been going to the DR  but I would like to get to some other places. I like seeing some of the same girls along with a the usual newbies. I’m getting stuck into falling into the routine of going there. Any suggestions about either sticking to it or heading somewhere else? Thanks for your time!

Many language programs have you learning all kinds of random shit before you need to learn those words. 

Focus and specialize your language learning. 

If I were you I would do a Central America tour. Go ahead and knock that out. 

Then you can branch out to Latin America ie Colombia, Peru, Venezuela and Brazil. 

The more places visited and the more flags acquired the better imo. 

I made sure to knock out all or most of Southeast Asia before I kept going back to Philippines so many times.
if you can afford it get a 1-1 Spanish teacher
For me the best way to learn spanish is the way you enjoy it the most. Languages are massive, and just basically spending more time than the next guy studying means you will learn it better. Learning some grammar will help, but native speakers rarely spend much time learning it. Whatever way you can spend more time doing and enjoying, is the best way. For me that's movies and games.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books