Relationship Question
It's been 8 years since I've had a relationship, nor am I in one now. Instead, I've started to befriend girls that I otherwise would bang. Some of them see me as friends, some see me as someone they want to bang, but here's my relationship-related question.

Yesterday, I was in a shop getting something customized and they fucked up. After some discussion, the head customizer guy basically said to take his number and he'll help us (me and my hot female friend). My hot friend took his number down.

In the moment, I realized that IF she was my girlfriend, would I want to play the situation differnetly? The guy seeemed genuine, but should I have allowed him give his number to her (ie play it cool)? Or should I stopped it out right (ie show some jealously)? Should I have taken the number?

What's the right way to play this in terms of relationship game?

I am in Colombia now and they were mostly talking between themselves so I didn't understand about half of what was going on (ie potential subtext). And the worker I'm sure thought we were a couple.
OLG 9, DG 8, NG 5
Sounds like he had some smooth game and you need to work on your Spanish.
As far as I've experienced and understood, mate guarding doesn't work.

It tells your girl that you don't have options or the ability to replace her. And that's not attractive.

And good luck mate guarding your girl 24/7/365.

Better to do the work so you have said options and the ability to replace her.
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
My response to the old "why you losers trash the West?"
This has happened to me a few times before, it's inevitable if you're not fluent in your girl's language. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have that gut reaction to step in, but that's why we have brains and not just instincts.

She'll never meet someone better than me, and if she thinks she has, I have other options.
(12-18-2020, 06:17 PM)AirWaves Wrote: As far as I've experienced and understood, mate guarding doesn't work.

It tells your girl that you don't have options or the ability to replace her. And that's not attractive.
If the other guy is being obnoxious, it makes you look BETTER to flex up, warn him that the girl is with you, and subtly communicate imminent and serious consequences if he does not back away.

Girls like that and the last time it happened, the girl I was with became aroused, insisted that she come back to my hotel with me, and screwed me when she resisted prior.   There was something visceral and biological in her that response to my near violence with an interloper.
Have you ever noticed it is your haters who obsessively read your every post, comment on them with the most emotion, and expend so much energy desperately trying to engage you?  It's because haters are your greatest, most loyal, and dedicated fans; they just have not come to terms with it yet.  Enjoy them because they are the surest sign that you're slaying it in life!  Big Grin
Great idea until the guy calls your bluff on those serious consequences.
(12-19-2020, 12:39 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 06:17 PM)AirWaves Wrote: As far as I've experienced and understood, mate guarding doesn't work.

If the other guy is being obnoxious, it makes you look BETTER to flex up, warn him that the girl is with you, and subtly communicate imminent and serious consequences if he does not back away.

Girls like that and the last time it happened, the girl I was with became aroused, insisted that she come back to my hotel with me, and screwed me when she resisted prior.   There was something visceral and biological in her that response to my near violence with an interloper.

I no longer believe anything that you write. That is top notch LARPing, though. You have a gift.
Sounds like you are a beta orbiter right now.

Colombians hand out numbers like candy though, so sometimes it’s meaningless.
I would tease her about it and half jokingly encourage her to call him. In fact if it was me i would use my classic line "tell him to do me a favor and take you away from me", but that's not for everyone.

I truly don't give a shit about a girl that would entertain that, and why would I? 95% of the time I've taken the " I don't give a shit" stance girl became more enamored, the other times? Well I don't really care so.

And just for reference, a girl worth anything more than a fuck would've been like "I'll get your # from him, don't worry" and never asked for it. She's probably not your girl bud
haha, I guess my original post wasn't clear enough: this was a thought experiement. She's a platonic friend. Yes, it's possible and I highly encourage it, often times reaps many rewards. Nevertheless, thanks for the input. @pavlos dog gets the cake on this one, most useful post
OLG 9, DG 8, NG 5
(12-25-2020, 10:16 PM)DVR Wrote: She's a platonic friend

What is that?
I be nutting in these bitches!
https://youtu.be/ixCrLAgk4YI
(12-25-2020, 11:58 PM)Mister Happy Wrote:

What is that?

'plato' is the Greek root word for 'no creampies'
(12-26-2020, 12:08 AM)billydingdong Wrote:
(12-25-2020, 11:58 PM)Mister Happy Wrote:

What is that?

'plato' is the Greek root word for 'no creampies'
So that is the greek word for some chick that wastes your money and time but doesn't put out? Why would anyone tolerate a leech like that? lol. It seems better to spend your time with women who put out before you waste any money or time. If you hang out with these platonic bitches it will scare away the putter outers.
I be nutting in these bitches!
https://youtu.be/ixCrLAgk4YI
(12-18-2020, 01:21 PM)DVR Wrote: It's been 8 years since I've had a relationship, nor am I in one now. Instead, I've started to befriend girls that I otherwise would bang. Some of them see me as friends, some see me as someone they want to bang, but here's my relationship-related question.

Yesterday, I was in a shop getting something customized and they fucked up. After some discussion, the head customizer guy basically said to take his number and he'll help us (me and my hot female friend). My hot friend took his number down.

In the moment, I realized that IF she was my girlfriend, would I want to play the situation differnetly? The guy seeemed genuine, but should I have allowed him give his number to her (ie play it cool)? Or should I stopped it out right (ie show some jealously)? Should I have taken the number?

What's the right way to play this in terms of relationship game?

I am in Colombia now and they were mostly talking between themselves so I didn't understand about half of what was going on (ie potential subtext). And the worker I'm sure thought we were a couple.

You don't speak the language so obviously the girl will grab his details. 

Also, you are not her BF, so no need to be making a scene or showing jealousy / controlling issues. 

Even if it was your GF you should have played it the same. 

Not like it was some random dude on the street approaching yall. 

Guarantee only you thought anything of this.
(12-18-2020, 05:46 PM)churros Wrote: Sounds like he had some smooth game and you need to work on your Spanish.

Yeah in this kind of situation, you clearly need to demonstrate value more than him. Had this happen several times in a few languages of which I speak at various fluencies. Twice, I just interrputed the dude and said 'I am sorry, can you explain more clearly, I don't understand....' in the language they're speaking,  ideally arm around girl smiling, happy, showing you are at least trying to understand. If you just stand there like a dunce, you are asking for the dude to crack on you. Depending on your demeanor from the start, this can go either way, but i wouldn't let a dude shit on me like that.
If a girl you were actually dating gives her # out in front of you like that it's not what you do in that moment it's what you did wrong leading up to that moment. Could be the way you acted around her or it could just be screening girls wrong.

(12-19-2020, 01:33 AM)Suits Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 12:39 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:

I no longer believe anything that you write. That is top notch LARPing, though. You have a gift.

Have you not read his previous posts? When he mentions "flexing" on guys he is referring to whipping out $50 extra and upping her monthly allowance.
Start to learn to flex on these guys like Macho Man Randy Savage.