Online/text game: girls sending 1-2 word answers. Best strategy?
We all get short ass responses from some chicks like "Lol", "Good. U?", "Ok" even to thoughtful or funny messages we send them. It's gotten way worse these past few years, probably since 2016-2017 with the rise of multiple dating apps after Tinder and then IG was the death blow.

I try mimicking their minimalist style (and demonstrate value) but it doesn't work. I try asking engaging questions later in the exchanges but it doesn't work either. If the answer requires too much thinking/typing, they just leave you hanging.

I know some will say "just improve your pics, bro" but why do they swipe or Like if my pics aren't good enough in the 1st place?

So how do you deal with this? Any specific strategies to get them more engaged?
(12-07-2020, 02:28 AM)VitaminD Wrote: We all get short ass responses from some chicks like "Lol", "Good. U?", "Ok" even to thoughtful or funny messages we send them. It's gotten way worse these past few years, probably since 2016-2017 with the rise of multiple dating apps after Tinder and then IG was the death blow.

I try mimicking their minimalist style (and demonstrate value) but it doesn't work. I try asking engaging questions later in the exchanges but it doesn't work either. If the answer requires too much thinking/typing, they just leave you hanging.

I know some will say "just improve your pics, bro" but why do they swipe or Like if my pics aren't good enough in the 1st place?

Such responses are generally expressions of low interest.  It is only getting worse because there are too many options for these girls.  I still think guys should stick to real life interactions with girls.  Online interactions too often serve as boredom pastimes and ego boosts for girls now.
Have you ever noticed it is your haters who obsessively read your every post, comment on them with the most emotion, and expend so much energy desperately trying to engage you?  It's because haters are your greatest, most loyal, and dedicated fans; they just have not come to terms with it yet.  Enjoy them because they are the surest sign that you're slaying it in life!  Big Grin
(12-07-2020, 02:51 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 02:28 AM)VitaminD Wrote: We all get short ass responses from some chicks like "Lol", "Good. U?", "Ok" even to thoughtful or funny messages we send them. It's gotten way worse these past few years, probably since 2016-2017 with the rise of multiple dating apps after Tinder and then IG was the death blow.

Such responses are generally expressions of low interest.  It is only getting worse because there are too many options for these girls.  I still think guys should stick to real life interactions with girls.  Online interactions too often serve as boredom pastimes and ego boosts for girls now.

Exactly 100% correct. You are just liked enough for a right swipe but nothing further. Meaning you're considered cute but NOT HOT to her. 
Hell you could be Hot but she might still be aloof towards you. Text game is bullshit imho nowadays, there is no such thing in this endless options OLD. Point blank, if she's into you, saying hey is good enough and she should engage if interested. Also agree on the OLD as a boredom fix for girls these days. 

Bottomline, unless you are her type 100% physically or are very unique/novelty in some way, you aren't going to get many replys/engagement on OLD. That's a fact. I've lost track at how many girls have said I reminded them of their ex, college crush or celebrity crush. Nothing I texted made any difference. Their mind was made up from the beginning. I was their type. I agree with trying to game in person but only outside of the angloshphere.

I didn't notice things being "way worse" than before. Maybe if you talk about SEA where it used to be that 50 years old boomers would get interest from girl.
tell her to meet you. if she doesnt hit her up in a month or two or six
In the US you're not going to get them to become more engaged unless you have some sort of local celeb status. For women (and probably most men) it is a very low investment app - throw up a few filtered IG pics and within minutes you have a profile. Also it doesn't help that they are inundated with options to the point of sensory overload. There is so much attention and validation getting thrown at them from every direction that their brain literally cannot effectively process all of it.

There was a discussion recently in another thread about boosts and how they don't do jack shit. And for the most part that is correct. Your reasons for being on the app (make a connection and smash) are completely different from their reasons (boredom, IG followers, etc). It's low investment for them at every angle, so why would they all of a sudden become engaged and want to physically meet?

EDIT: I'm referring the women in the US. In places like Colombia and Mexico it is different.
I've ranted in the past about how little effort women put into texting. It's why I hate texting in general and often confuse my family and friends of why I do not text often, and when I do, why I always text so little. I told all of them, I hate it.

Now on to Tinder. The game is the same as it always is. If a woman has a lot of options, she will put as little as possible into her responses. If she has little, she'll not only engage you, but be far more verbal in her text game. This is supply and demand 101.  To expand on this concept, let me explain American girls. These are the most entitled bitches I've ever met. I'm league ahead of a lot of these girls, but because I do not text a paragraph, they use these low effort responses due to their inflated egos. Like said "Hi." "Yeah." "Cool."

This has led to me realizing that a lot of girls are just egotistical. If you don't show much effort, they think you are beneath them so their either remove you or go to someone else. At the same time, I stick to no bs trying to get off the phone as much as possible. If she says anything relating to 'Im not ready yet', I next the hell out of her. Don't play their games. I will say Sup, or Hey. Im chilling. Whatever. Then ask for number or what she is doing tonight. I don't mind if the woman says she is busy until x day, but she has to give me her number or else she is just there to waste my time.

I will say that if you're desperate for poon, go ahead and write more. Stick around and play her game. But if you're a high value man and value your time, which goes hand in hand, write short responses like she does, and get away from texting as fast as possible and get her face to face.

As one man once said...

The obvious has already been stated that this is generally a sign of low interest, especially if she doesn't at least ask you the same question back. Eg you ask her what she's been up to today and she replies 1 word without asking 'and you?'.

Having said that you shouldn't really be texting much with these girls anyway, just a few messages then go for the meet up. My 'text game' is really boring and the same for every girl. Its a script of 3-4 messages before I suggest hanging out. I think this is the most efficient way to do it.
Just try to get the number/set up the meet ASAP, if she gives you excuses like "getting to know you better first" or something like that just move on, it's a numbers game.

What I do is I have a list of messages on my "clipboard" and that way I can paste messages really quickly, I don't bother sending personalized messages unless she gives me something to work with first.

Yes, send them a lyric of an old song... For example "Heard it through the Gravepine"

Ooh, I bet you're wonderin' how I knew
'Bout your plans to make me blue
With some other guy you knew before
Between the two of us guys you know I love you more
It took me by surprise I must say
When I found out yesterday
Don'tcha know that I

Heard it through the grapevine
Not much longer would you be mine
Oh I heard it through the grapevine
Oh I'm just about to lose my mind
Honey, honey yeah

Or if you want to go a bit more rough, maybe "Eat me alive" by Judas Priest.

Sounds like an animal
Panting to the beat
Groan in the pleasure zone
Gasping from the heat

Gut-wrenching frenzy
That deranges every joint
I'm gonna force you at gun point

To eat me alive

Bound to deliver
As you give and I collect
Squealing impassioned
As the rod of steel injects

Lunge to the maximum
Spread-eagled to the wall
You're well equipped to take it all

So eat me alive

Biteches are so basic these days they will think you are a poet, with much more in your heart than just pump and dump. 
Girls that give multiple super short replies in a row are low interest. After 2 or 3 of those messages, I stop replying and move on to the girls who show interest. I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but if you have good pics this won't be a problem as you'll have plenty of girls into you. Location will have some effect on this as well. Ie: in SEA and Latam you'll get plenty of matches and decent convos but in 50k person US town you'll have a tough time even with good pics.

Also, try asking an open ended question or statement.
Not sure what you're going for. For me, if matches look reasonable, get them offline and arrange a coffee date ASAP. Don't even bother trying to chat on Tinder, it mostly goes nowhere. Women are so validated by the attention, as Manbeline noted, the supply and demand is totally out of whack. If you do a coffee date, look decent, and have reasonable game, you can probably get a second date somewhere more favorable involving alcohol.

This also allows you to see if you actually want to go further with them because so many people do not look at all like their pics.
This type of girls respond well to "what are you doing right now" type of texts VS normal.girls who prefer to plan the meeting one or two days in advance
Fuck going for coffee dates, meet up with them at night and get a couple drinks in them. I’m not going to sit across from some skank and try and make conversation with her with the goal of trying to get a second date.

If you are so booked up that you have to slot some chicks into a daytime meeting then fine but don’t aim for it.
These girls don't deserve the coffee date, they deserve the fuckboy treatment. Which means : "what are u doing". "Cool wanna come over to my place watch a movie?" Or "do you want to meet at 6pm?" "I'll pick you up at x location" (will walk her straight to my place)
"I smell another time waster. Text me if I'm wrong xxx xxx xxxx"

Done
Put this in your profile, something to the effect of "I am only here for a short time looking to meet in real life. Out of respect for both of our time, if the conversation stalls or I ask for a date or number and don't hear back, I block."

I just recently started using this and it's worked enough to keep it in. I'm looking for someone better than me at how to word this.

Does it work 100%? Of course not.

There's been a few girls who have apologized for being slow to respond and stated their reasoning why. One girl even clarified up front tht she'll be slow to respond. Good enough for me.

I encourage all men to do this. In fact, I think we need to start a movement to punish bad female behavior (ie not stick around sending chats to boost her ego for weeks on end) for the good of all single males worldwide.

Do I regret blocking even one hot chick? Nope. Not to date. All last week I had, what seemed to be a smooth flowing and good conversation with a girl here in Medellin. She has responded rapidly all the time (all women are on their phone 24/7, it's 10x more addictive to them than it is to you, a man). On Thursday I asked her about plans on Friday, she didn't respond. I blocked her on Sunday.

This accomplished three things: first, frees up some mental space (it actually takes energy to keep there conversations in your thought patterns) and second, I clearly asked her to hang out too soon so it teaches me a lesson to better calibrate nex time, third, it teaches her a lesson that if she had some interest, well, now I'm lost and I think it's quite obvious she only has herself to blame because I'm 99.9% sure she saw my message.
OLG 9, DG 8, NG 5
^ I'll give it a shot, but I still wonder if girls even bother reading bios.
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
My response to the old "why you losers trash the West?"
(12-14-2020, 11:38 AM)DVR Wrote: Put this in your profile, something to the effect of "I am only here for a short time looking to meet in real life. Out of respect for both of our time, if the conversation stalls or I ask for a date or number and don't hear back, I block."

I just recently started using this and it's worked enough to keep it in. I'm looking for someone better than me at how to word this.

Does it work 100%? Of course not.

There's been a few girls who have apologized for being slow to respond and stated their reasoning why. One girl even clarified up front tht she'll be slow to respond. Good enough for me.

I encourage all men to do this. In fact, I think we need to start a movement to punish bad female behavior (ie not stick around sending chats to boost her ego for weeks on end) for the good of all single males worldwide.

Do I regret blocking even one hot chick? Nope. Not to date. All last week I had, what seemed to be a smooth flowing and good conversation with a girl here in Medellin. She has responded rapidly all the time (all women are on their phone 24/7, it's 10x more addictive to them than it is to you, a man). On Thursday I asked her about plans on Friday, she didn't respond. I blocked her on Sunday.

This accomplished three things: first, frees up some mental space (it actually takes energy to keep there conversations in your thought patterns) and second, I clearly asked her to hang out too soon so it teaches me a lesson to better calibrate nex time, third, it teaches her a lesson that if she had some interest, well, now I'm lost and I think it's quite obvious she only has herself to blame because I'm 99.9% sure she saw my message.

I want to agree with this and it seems good practice. On the other hand, I have banged and kept around some girls that I had to work on. I would probably modulate this to block any girl that gives an ounce of disrespect / tries to set the terms of the date. But some you can keep hitting up casually.

Even that requires some qualification. I've learned that in the west you can't be too absolutist. The key thing to realize is that frame is achieved over the medium and not short term. A girl is conditioned to act feminist but once you get under her skin, you become the boss.
I could care less if she gives me short replies or not, all I care about is her agreeing to meet me near my place, I do this to multiple girls and arrange multiple dates expecting some to cancel/ghost, I think being confrontational or logical about a girl not responding is just a waste of energy, either ignore her or just shamelessly send another message (along with your other leads).

It might sound beta/needy whatever but it works if you are just playing the numbers game. For me it's better if she doesn't text much, the girls I have 0 patience with are the ones who flake or want to change the date for meeting up and expect me to keep messaging them, not interested in having a virtual friend.

I agree that it's not good to let a girl disrespect you but being mad about a girl not responding fast enough or not agreeing to a date is not good in the long term, at this point I don't even register when a girl doesn't reply to me, the only ones that cause me a bit of a headache are the ones who I end up talking to a lot and never meeting them, or they want me to meet them at x place and they don't seem to eager so I get mad and ghost them.

There is simply no way to prevent girls acting like this other than improving yourself to spark more interest, calling her out on just comes across as butthurt most of the time, especially if you haven't met her in person yet.