Ukrainian or Russian girls
(02-18-2018, 10:16 AM)new Wrote: remember this year you have FIFA world cup...

I remember brazil before world cup... was better in general

lets see what happens with russia

France during last Euro Championship (June- July 2016) was not better or worst than usual. I spent around two weeks in Lyon at that time and expect cool Irish and Northern Irish dudes or families from eastern Europe, didn't see more foreigners fans than on Champion's League/ Uefa Cup nights.

Russia has a bad rep when it comes to hooligans so I am afraid many people who are not hardcore fans won't go because of that. Russia is not as glamorous as Brazil also.

(02-25-2018, 03:38 PM)262 Wrote: Fyi, landing in Kiev (the closer airport) at 15 tomorrow, going back from the same airport at 20:40 - Polish border run

Just curious (as I am French so from the UE, it's not a problem for me): What you call a border run require you to:
-going out of Poland? so any country is good (ie Germany)
-Going out of Schengen area? Countries part of the UE but not Schengen are fine: Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia
-Going out of UE completely? Ukraine, Belarus,...

Just wondering
(02-25-2018, 11:31 PM)TigerT Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 03:38 PM)262 Wrote: Fyi, landing in Kiev (the closer airport) at 15 tomorrow, going back from the same airport at 20:40 - Polish border run

Just curious (as I am French so from the UE, it's not a problem for me): What you call a border run require you to:
-going out of Poland? so any country is good (ie Germany)
-Going out of Schengen area? Countries part of the UE but not Schengen are fine: Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia
-Going out of UE completely?  Ukraine, Belarus,...

Just wondering

Technically, any country outside of Poland - such as Germany - is fine.

However, I think the catch then is that you need to keep proof that you did, such as airline tickets.

That may not be necessary, though, if the Schengen Information System tracks anything with a passenger list, that crosses country borders.

But, I prefer to play it safe, and have the stamps in my passport, which I carry at all times. I keep a passport card wherever I'm staying, in case I lose my passport. With the card, I can get a replacement passport more easily and quickly.

The passport stamps would also mean non-Schengen EU countries would also work for me quite safely, such as Romania.
(02-01-2018, 07:25 PM)TravelGameAddict Wrote: Hi.
I lived in Kiev 3.5 months and i'm coming up on 4.5 months in Russia (3 cities).  Approaching girls at least 6 days a week that whole time.  

20Nation is spot on. Ukraine is WAY WAY WAY cheaper.  Moscow and St Pete are straight up expensive.  Now I'm out in Sibera and I would compare prices to rural America.  Out here my exotic value is much higher than Kiev due to Kiev being overrun by tourists the last few years but Siberia is untouched.  In St Pete and Moscow my exotic value was enough to get easy 2 minute conversations, but getting laid still only depended on raw skill in game.

Looks wise girls are about the same.  You have endless options for girls that would be supermodels if they lived in USA. I used to think that Russian girls have bigger boobs, but at college age they are only maybe slightly bigger.  Poland is where you should go if you're a boob lover and want no strings attached/fast sex.  Both Ukraine and Russia are very relationship centric and you will run into the 3+ date rule before sex (and girls will expect a relationship after sex)

I still haven't been to Kiev but the part about Moscow being expensive is just flat out not true or at least unintentionally misleading.

Now can you do Moscow the baller way?

Hell yea. If you want to get a table in a top tier club and party like it's supposed to be done then of course you can drop 5-10 grand a night.

But do you have to do this?

Absolutely not.

You can do Moscow as a cheapskate too, just go to the dive bars, drink cheap bars and swoop girls from the outskirts. 

Is it going to be as fun? No, but even in the dive bars you'll find plenty of cute girls that are perfectly fine for swooping. Hell, I see better girls in low end Moscow bars than I've seen in above average London clubs.

The deal is the following: if your bankroll is tight, then you're not going to have a ton of fun due to the way Russian girls work. There's no in and out in 20 minutes with one cheap drink at the bar and some nice words. Even to swoop the same night you'll almost always have to wine and dine these girls for the entire damn night until they've had their share of fun and know it's time to pay the bill (figuratively). You let the night culminate in the best possible way it could end but you're not going to get anything if you're cheap about it.

Realistically you're looking at a budget of 50-100$ for a good night out, depends on how heavy you booze. I doubt Kiev is much cheaper when you start going to better spots. But again, you can do less than that as well, you'll just have to do with worse venues. This goes for anything, not just nightclubs. I know exchange students that live here on 300$ a month.

But when it's all said and done, Moscow just flat out blows St.Petersburg out of the water in terms of nightlife and girls. I'd be surprised if it was different in comparison to Kiev.