Phase.IV's adventures traveling the Balkans
Long time no see guys.
Since there is not much about the Balkan states in the forum and I'm travelling there at the moment I'll give it a start.
1. Slovenia-Ljubljana
Well I kind of chose the worst time to go here. During August the weather is nice but due to the holidays the whole young population is on the coast. Everything you see is backpacker weirdos, couples and families.
But the city has some big advantages: its not really expensive, has many wifi spots, good beer, everyone speaks English, it's totally save and it's small, so you can move around everywhere without the need of public transport or cabs. You can also rent bikes. And make sure not to cross red traffic lights when police is around, saw 2 guys in 2 days getting busted and it's a 40 bucks fine.
Make sure to check out metelkova, its like a little christiania and if youre into weed and/or hippie chicks youre pleased there.
To the important stuff: 
When you date, never describe the Slovenian as balkan/(south) eastern europe. They seem to be proud to be central Europes. Best option ist just to skip that thematic. It's not a flirty topic anyway.
Besides it's a good country for smokers. Sems like everyone smokes here.
I can't tell too much about the chicks, as you read above. I luckily got my flag randomly hooking up with a woman in her mid 30ies but I guess that can't be used as a reference...i really did my best talking to chicks on the street But didn't manage to organize a meetup, although the ones talked to were friendly and up to meet.
Guess we could need a reference of someone who's been there during spring/Autumn.
Guess pipelining with tinder plus is an good option.
BONUS: I recognized that all blacks and Latinos  (and they're not many, its not an immigration country) all had cute chicks with them, seems like they like the "exotic".

Next step: Zagreb 
Stay tuned!
Nice post. Looking forward to your update from Zagreb. Yeah, summers in Europe anywhere that's not the coast can make the city feel like a ghost town. Spend some summers in Poland with my ex and it was black and white from summer to fall.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
I really like the ex-Yugoslavian countries (more than Romania or Bulgaria) especially Serbia.

I also noticed that the Slovenian were a little bit different from the rest. If you look at their history, they have more connection with the Austrian than with the rest of the Balkans. They are also richer and in general not as wild than the rest of the Balkanic people. That's just a personal opinion, but starting a Balkan trip by Slovenian it is a great transitional country coming from Western Europe.
I didn't get the flag, I was too busy banging my then German girlfriend but the quality of girl didn't seem sky rocketing as in some other country of ex-Yugoslavia.

I was a little bit disappointed by Croatia, especially the coast. It is beautiful but some places are already too touristic. Zagreb is nice but not as nice as Belgrad in my opinion (as a little bit biased toward Belgrad in general).

Looking for your updates. Have been to Macedonia or Montenegro? I have heard a lot of great things about those countries but I have never been there.
(08-16-2017, 06:07 AM)TigerT Wrote: I really like the ex-Yugoslavian countries (more than Romania or Bulgaria) especially Serbia.

I also noticed that the Slovenian were a little bit different from the rest. If you look at their history, they have more connection with the Austrian than with the rest of the Balkans. They are also richer and in general not as wild than the rest of the Balkanic people. That's just a personal opinion, but starting a Balkan trip by Slovenian it is a great transitional country coming from Western Europe.
I didn't get the flag, I was too busy banging my then German girlfriend but the quality of girl didn't seem sky rocketing as in some other country of ex-Yugoslavia.

I was a little bit disappointed by Croatia, especially the coast. It is beautiful but some places are already too touristic. Zagreb is nice but not as nice as Belgrad in my opinion (as a little bit biased toward Belgrad in general).

Looking for your updates. Have been to Macedonia or Montenegro? I have heard a lot of great things about those countries but I have never been there.
I have aready been to Croatia and made the same observation. It's packed with tourists (especially Germans). For me it's just a stopover by now, just hunting for the flag and exploring the nightlife. But i guess the situation will be quite similar, we will see.
I'll go to Montenegro too, I like hiking and the mountains oher there must be amazing. Macedonia I don't know yet off I have the time.
It was a wild trip and i completely missed to continue writing.
I'll try so sum up as much as I remember.
2nd stop: Zagreb
Didn't get a couch and perfectly prepared as always I walked through the centre looking for a place. I already recognized the whole city is full of backpackers. The rooms were mostly booked or overpriced, so I was glad to finally find a cheap room although it was in a dorm. I immediately escaped from the British weirdos in my room and checked out the city. Girls look good, English level is quite high, architecture is nice too. I remember the coast areas in Croatia were ridiculously overpriced, Zagreb fortunately isn't. So I went to a bar and flirted with the waitress, she said she finishes work at 5am, ouch. I meet up with some Couchsurfers for a drink, spotting one big boobed Croatian girl in her end 20s. I start talking to her and that's when we stumble into a...pub crawl, fuck my life, cockfest and drunk backpackers, hurray.
I get a beer and for some reason one of the girls is not surrounded by them. I walk over to her and we start chatting. She's Philippine origin but American. I don't really connect with us chicks usually, but she has big boobs and I start my routine, In the next club we start to make out. Want to take her home but she stays in a dorm too, but says she gonna get a single room the next day. So I pass out and meet her again the next day. We explore the city, get high on forest which is directly at the centre and empty, then sneak into her room and nail her. That was hard work. I go to sleep early because my next bus is going quite early. But I'm looking forward to meet one of my best friends and his brother in my next destination. Sarajevo!

Other thoughts on Croatia:
Currency is kuna. Don't exchange money at banks, do at the tons of exchange offices.
Again, not many local chicks around due to holidays.
Nightlife is good. Pubs and clubs close quite late.
Croatians are very proud of their country. Skip topics about that (I'll go into that on a later post, what to know about the war, etc.)
I have been in Macedonia and Albania

For me it was 'one shot'. Worth the visit but wouldnt go back.

Pretty girls, but dont expect an easy bang. Very traditional culture.

For the  girls I think Croatia, Montenegro and Serbia would be your best pick, for the party infrastructure, but cant confirm with own experience
(09-02-2017, 03:58 PM)Julius Wrote: I have been in Macedonia and Albania

For me it was 'one shot'. Worth the visit but wouldnt go back.

Pretty girls, but dont expect an easy bang. Very traditional culture.

For the  girls I think Croatia, Montenegro and Serbia would be your best pick, for the party infrastructure, but cant confirm with own experience

I'll go into these countries later (:

3rd stop: Sarajevo 
After a quite long bus ride (around 8 hours) I arrived. Could've been faster but after the border control (which was a complete joke, they just collected passports made the stamp and let us pass) the drivers decided to have lunch, well that's Balkan.
My friends picked me up and showed me around.you can see a huge difference to Slovenia and Croatia. Bosnia was hit by the war the most. You still see the ruins and the bullet holes in many buildings. Went to the bridge where the 1rst world war started and the Basar quarter which is mainly muslim. The architecture is interesting, the contrast between the osman, kingdom and communist times.
Went to look for a place to sleep. First we got to a "TripAdvisor hall of fame" (obviously no fake) but no-one was there. We called them but they were out of town (lol). Next hotel was owned by a Turkish dude, who speaks perfect English and German but no yugoslavian language  (even more lol). We bargained a good price and the room was looking completely improvised, overfilled with beds, closets and armchairs so that the kitchen wasn't accessible, but we didn't want to cook anyway and it was clean so we made our way to the centre.
I changed some money. Currency is Mark  (exactly like the old one in Germany, 2 mark = 1 EUR) and we went for a beer. Since we didn't see us for a long time we started talking a lot but slowly we realized the quality of the chicks here. It's stunning. After some time we had to interrupt amost every sentence because one stunner after another passed us, what the fuck, where am I? I thought nothing would ever top the mass of quality girls I saw in Colombia but i my eyes Sarajevo topped everything I've ever seen.
Thanks to our perfect moderation skills our "let's grab a short beer" turns into 8. We head to the next club we see (don't remember the name but it looked more like a fancy place) and order a bottle. We get more drunk and my friend calls over a group of 5 or 6 girls. Then my friend orders a second bottle  (no idea how we managed to drink all of that) and my memories get dizzy. I remember he makes out with one of the chicks and they leave the table. I go to the dancefloor. Next I remember is I make out with a girl, then I meet my friends brother again. My buddy is lost, girls too, damn.
We stumble out of the club, grab some food and a beer to go.
At the hotel the reception guy tells us my buddy went looking for us in the centre, fuck. But fortunatly he didnt make it that far and fell asleep on a car. We pass out. 
Next day we do some sightseeing. We realize a lot of Saudi tourists are here, even more than where I'm from. We go to the Sarajevo soccer derby. That's worth a visit. You can't compare that to any soccer event in the world. It looks like the stadium is on fire. And the fan chants would give any moralist a heart attack (like: we want your mom to recognize your face in a chevap, haha)
We drive to my buddys fanily.for a short visit and then head to the next destination: Belgrad
Really nice updates. I'm enjoying them a lot.

I haven't heard about girls being that great there, but in Serbia i've heard amazing things. I still have to do the balkans tour and it's going to happen 100%. Keep us updated with more stories.

BTW I changed your thread name. I think it needs some more detail for the good content here.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
Good read, I have to agree with what you have written about Croatia and Bosnia.

Looking forward for your Serbian post. I have been a lot of time there but it starts to be a long time ago. (last time in Belgrad was in 2011).

Going back there is one of the thing I must do