Is it worth looking into a travel agent for booking flights?
Sorry for all the messages lately about my Vancouver to Auckland trip, but being the first time travelling abroad, I have a lot of questions. Is it worth talking to a travel agent to book our trip? We don't need anything other than flights as we are staying with friends there so I don't know that it's worth it. If we had several stops or flights and then a cruise or something I can see using one, but just for a flight there and back I don't know. Do you have to pay a fee to the travel agent? Can they really find anything that much cheaper than what I can find on Priceline or Expedia or the airline itself?
(p/s: Cho thuê xe đi Sapa)
there are few things in life that have a bigger markup then travel agents, they certainly wont save you money and will charge you 2x or 3x

find out what the cheap airline is in the place you are traveling and book through their website directly, if saving money is the goal then book flights through travel hub airports
helping guys find the hottest girls at GuysNightlife
I recommend you search both of the following:

google flights
momondo

You can't purchase a flight from either, but they will link you to the airline's page, or wherever the quotes price is being sold.

I often use these two sites to identify the airlines running the schedule, and then will also check that airline's site directly.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Better do the booking by yourself. We live in the age of internet when you can book plane ticket without moving from your couch as long as your arm is long enough to reach to your credit card.
Fellowtraveler gave you some good website for checking prices. Check Skyscanner as well.
In my experience this is the best way to book flights:

1. Check out the flights at skyscanner.com
2. Whenever you chose a flight, check flights again on the website of the airline. And compare it
3. Sometimes it's cheaper on the site of the airline, sometimes it's cheaper on skyscanner.com
(08-04-2017, 08:36 PM)King of the Bongo Wrote: In my experience this is the best way to book flights:

1. Check out the flights at skyscanner.com
2. Whenever  you chose a flight, check flights again on the website of the airline.  And compare it
3. Sometimes it's cheaper on the site of the airline, sometimes it's cheaper on skyscanner.com

Thanks for the Skyscanner tip. I checked it out and really like it because you can look at the whole month and flight prices on each day. What I usually hate about these sites is having to always enter the exact dates. Maybe my travel dates aren't set in stone and I want to see the best prices over a range of time. Looks like Skyscanner can do that.
Not a travel pro, but I just booked a RT flight to Colombia for 500 USD (from USA) - is that good?

Random flight deal sites:
theflightdeal.com
travelpirates.com
travelzoo.com
* if there are deals from city x to city y - check if the deal is offered from nearby cities (to either x or y) - like look on the airline's site and stuff
- e.g. maybe there isn't a deal to Auckland but some other place closeby

This is paraphrased from another site but not gonna link if 20 is against it:

1. Get across the ocean as cheaply as you can
* being flexible on dates and destination helps a lot. E.g. Europe trip - get to London for cheap, then take budget airline to final destination. Not sure if something like that could be pulled off for NZ

2. Summer and holidays will be more expensive

3. Generally, flying out on Tues, Wed, Sat are cheaper than Fri, Sun

4. Like someone said
- First Google Flights (see range of dates that might work) - by the way you can enter multiple departure and destination points
- Momondo - use the dates you got from Google Flights

Other sites:
ITA Matrix (if you find an itinerary on here - go to bookwithmatrix.com)
Skyscanner
http://www.azair.eu/ has been useful for me finding budget flights in Europe (apparently also works in Asia).

With one search, for example, you can find the cheapest flights from Poland to Ukraine (all the airports of both countries) for a one night stay next month.

Small catch is the prices are only checked to be live when you click on each flight. However the cache in my experience has been quite up-to-date.
I came back from Hong- Kong to Shanghai last weekends. I live in China several months and went to Hong-Kong to business trip. I booked tickets on https://www.iflyfirstclass.com/city/to-hong-kong-hkg You can contact with this company and to know about tickets to different cities for example.
For flight in China, I often go through ctrip.com as they have most of the time the best deal for flights in the country. Can use for hotel and train also.

For flight back to France, I book with Emirates. Big baggage allowance (30kg with up to 10bags minimum), one of the best deal available and I start to have quite a few miles with them.