The Vietnam Thread
Long time since I last checked in here. Hope we get to meet in real life Dash at some point in real life that goes for anyone on here too. Let's go for a sesh in Bui Vien or anywhere you think is worth it.

Ended up in a relationship that sort of changed my routine and interests but I can't deny there's a sheer pining to get back to what the old me loved life for.

Either way thought I'd share some advice regarding the job situation and dating situation over here.

I have no degree but I'm young white and can pull of an American/extremely clear English accent no problem. I have a Tesol which I legitimately felt gave me some advantage due to so many people here faking both. And regardless of what I've heard if I had turned up to my job with absolutely no clue what to do I would have struggled, The Tesol at least gave me some structure (which I more or less abandon depending on class situation) it also made me feel more legitimate like I could do my job description.

In regards to getting a job there's is basically two options in getting the bulk of your work. One is you work for a well reputed English centre company ILA/VUS come to mind. VUS sounds great overall to work for (you may get raped at weekends) ILA sounds like a nightmare (you get paid less than I do without a degree (unless you impress) in a stressful environment where you will be observed monthly and will be canned if your not up to scratch) not my cup of tea and I've only heard 3 people's opinions on it, 2 were what I just stated and one was it was ok but the guy likely held a CELTA.

For those without a degree and a Tesol and for those with both or the fakers my routine is pretty decent at moment. I work for 2 less reputed English centres e.g. They don't give a shit about degree and pay the same for both, they are pretty adamant about TESOL though.

I can pretty much pick and choose my hours, however classes can be the worst of the worst. For example majority of my high schoools you have to demand they take their pencils out, then their books and literally go through question by question per student and all manner of outbursts happen. Regardless I find it easy you just have to take respect out of the picture. Your simply riding a wave that's easy enough if you compromise but that will get you fired if you put up a real fight. There are definitely talented teachers out here but if you don't have some tact on dealing with certain students their parents will write a letter and your ass will be fired. This isn't always the case but all I'm telling you is do not under any circumstances get stressed/angry with a class because it's likely not going to go your way.

Dating situation is great unless you end in relationship or your retarded and can't get laid to begin with. I smashed 10 birds my first month a decent amount were fit then ended up getting hooked on a girl. I'm out in her hometown at Tet. I will admit straight up I'm a terrible boyfriend like I legitimately have not remembered one public holiday and bought her a gift, have cheated multiple times (that genuinely leaves me feeling empty and like something's rotten inside, I'm completely imcapable of ending it, even when there's faults on her side). Regardless this country is great. You could have the perfect setup out here if your not the impulsive type.

My plans for after the summer are to go home for 6 weeks, sort out a decent laptop and head back to work on poker. Cut my hours down to 10 a week I'm working about 30 and live in d7 next to the best MMA gym in the country if not the top 3 in Asia.
We are neighbors Rick, check your PM.

Vietnam is great for white English speakers. Can come and live comfortably without even a degree.
(08-09-2017, 04:41 AM)Dash Wrote: Yea, most entry level jobs will be around 30-40 tops. But I gave SpEd the benefit of doubt lol And who enjoys being a salesman?!?!? Would want to blow my brains out if I had to call people up or go around trying to sell shit in the US. In my opinion, regular marketing, advertising, word of mouth and product quality should make the sale. If you have to call me up or stop me and tell me about something I don't know about already, probably not going to be interested and tell you, thanks but no thanks.

I graduated from University, so never had to look into or use any of those services.

I would dig around on the web and some facebook groups (China for example) and see about where and how to get a good fake degree.

Do you carry your actual degree around in Vietnam?  My degree was printed on an oversized paper, seems like it would be a pain to lug around Asia.

I'm guessing you somehow scanned it, then saved it digitally and show then that when they ask?

Pretty curious, man, I'm getting closer and closer to saying f*** it and bouncing.
Cant rems if I brought it from home, but I for sure have a scanned copy I show to schools and used to get the work permit here in VN.
"I'm the life of the party" - Vanquished Vic Vega

Separate note: Logged in users sometimes can only see the latest posts in threaded mode (on the upper right hand corner of a thread page, click "Thread Modes" then "Threaded Mode")
Visa Tips | LTR Lessons | "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers."
From my understanding there is no where as easy as Saigon to get a job without a degree that is.

It's pretty rare to get fired but if you start butting heads with a particular student and they bring it up with the students parents chances are it's not going to go well for you.

I only have one or two classes that are that bad. It's still easy enough though. Just do not get angry or stressed about it. Absolute worst thing you can do. I didn't do any lesson planning before that's changed but I take care of it in the space of an hour on Monday for the whole week and I can still manage without it. Just makes my job much easier. Do almost no grammar because fuck that shit.

I found the agency's that i checked out seemed eager to have me and they constantly have ads on fB and Craigslist searching for people. I did a Tesol because it said they would help me get a job quickly but I got one much faster just emailing people on Craigslist and fb. Anyone who said they didn't need a degree got back to me within a day. Pay for agency work without a degree is $18 an hour.

Timing is important though. I was very lucky I picked September still near beginning of school year. During the summer you will need centre work but I'm fucking off back home for 6 weeks then moving from go vap to d7 and dropping my hours from 30 to about 10 a week and working on my own shit.
Good thing about Vietnam is you can live decently only working 10 hours a week. Where else is that even possible?

Not much savings though. Probably best to work 15 hours just to be able to save a little each month.
I should have around $5000 saved and I'm planning on taking a real shot at online poker with coaching and will be putting in at least 40 hours a week on that. Teaching will just cover the rent and help out with food and ease the pressure on my savings. Will give it 6 months before evaluating my options.
Why not just play real poker in the city?

Can find some solid NL 100k-100k games I am sure.

With that size can make over 22million in one night.
I actually intend on making at least 50% of my total volume live.

They have live cash games but from what I'm aware minimum buying is $400 and your playing in a place with a regular who regularly tends poker stars events. He's world famous and the other regulars are at least on a competing level with this guy. Other than that the options are sit and goes and tournaments.

The reason I want to play online is so I can learn at a rapid pace and get the volume. I know of a player who's playing nl100 and plays cash games around 30 hours a month. His total volume was garbage last year he didn't even play at all 5 months of the year. I'm talking less than 40k hands online a month and 30 hours live a month and he still cleared 60k usd. 4-5 of those months he didn't play at all.

Having difficulties in my relationship going to go to laos and do a heap of shrooms together, at least that is the aim. Will share the results.

I'm also going to add from taking a shit, to downing drinks, to even sitting in a chair, western culture dominates Thea hit out of the east.
Who the fuck downs beers. It's like downing a fucking coke. Fucking straight up retarded.
You can set up your own house games with other foreigners. Can make the buy in's and blinds anything you want. Wouldn't be that difficult. Or simply join one's already in existence.
I am going in March. Anybody want to meet up?
Fuck me. Just got finished making a spread sheet with all the girls I had on Zalo. 1,200 girls.

I went through my friends and picked out girls that feel into one of these 3 categories.

Yellow - High chance id date
Green - Maybe I would date
Orange - Only wanna fuck

435 girls out of the 1,200 caught my eye enough to index them.

I made a few sub pages - A Team / B Team / Party Girls / Sexy / Young

Only copied over the yellow girls (A Team). 95 girls made the cut.

Need to go over them and assign them a score.

Hotness - 1 (average) 2 (good) 3 (great)
Body - 0 (questionable) 2 (average) 6 (good)
Skin - 1 (questionable) 2 (average) 4 (good)
Makeup - 0 (too much) 4 (not much)

When you are adding as many girls as I do from dating apps you need to stay on top of your organization.
That's sick. Numbers game is right on.
I just had a panic attack even contemplating those metrics.
Anybody using VC? I have just made payment but they are asking me for verification for the card.
Kind of ridiculous. Anyone can shed light on this?

Thanks
Nam is a bit of an enigma to me. I only spent about a week there in and around danang. The girls were gorgeous and elegant, so upright on their bikes and motos with their hair spilling out behind their helmets. I loved the way they walked and dressed-they were so clean and dignified. I liked listening to them chatter in their singsong language. I even liked watching them eat (yeah sounds creepy but for those who've traveled to China you know what I mean).

Anyways, I had recently had a serious surgery, so I was in no condition to game. I chatted a few girls up and did some routine, I remember thinking that even if I was able, there was no way I was pulling in one of these girls without some considerable efffort. Contrast that to the Phils where most you can just take their hand and lead them back to your place.

Granted I didn't visit any clubs or nightlife, and I wasn't in HCM or Hanoi. My buddy lives in Hanoi but is married. He says with a network it would be easy to find a quality girlfriend, but getting a reputation as player would be a serious social detriment.

For those experienced, are those perceptions close to reality?
(02-18-2018, 12:33 PM)Rick91 Wrote: I should have around $5000 saved and I'm planning on taking a real shot at online poker with coaching and will be putting in at least 40 hours a week on that. Teaching will just cover the rent and help out with food and ease the pressure on my savings. Will give it 6 months before evaluating my options.

I'm curious about how people make money from online poker. As personally, I haven't yet met anyone doing that. 

I have 4 questions, 

On average, How many hands do you take per month?
On average, How much of your account do you risk per hand? (1% of $5000? - 50 dollars per hand?)
What is your average win rate over all hands taken in a month? win 55% of the time?
Whats the average payout per hand?

Sorry if my terms are incorrect.. I know the game, but have no knowledge of the profession. 

Sorry Dash to go off topic.. Rick91 perhaps you can send me a message or create a new thread, or just one reply on this thread so as to stay on topic (VN).
(02-25-2018, 11:04 AM)Vic Vega Wrote: I’ve got a European ‘friend’ that wants to move to Nam to teach. He’s kind of a massive fucking loser. He wants to relocate to HCM with only $1000-$1500 dollars in his pocket. I told him there’s no way he’ll survive with that amount, and I’m not even sure he’d get hired for any teaching jobs (he has a strong accent). Then again, I’ve seen some Euros in previous buildings I’ve lived in that I’m pretty sure were teachers, so they must be finding work somehow.

He’s in his 20s and can’t get laid in China anymore, at least with decent young hot girls, so he thinks VN is the answer. Seems pretty common now. I told him he’s not gonna be sport fucking Viet girls every week. He doesn’t believe me. lol

1,500 dollars is plenty assuming he is prepared to live like a local for 2 months. 

Rent - 100
Food - 100
Bike - 50
Misc - 100
Total -350

1500 dollars could sustain him for about 4 months. Which is plenty of time to find a job. 

He will for sure get hired as he is white and can speak English regardless of his accent. 

Unless he is deformed he can get laid in China. He just simply needs to improve his game. 

I haven't been to China, but Vietnam is great for fucking girls well above your looks category.

(02-25-2018, 02:51 PM)k pop Wrote: Nam is a bit of an enigma to me. I only spent about a week there in and around danang. The girls were gorgeous and elegant, so upright on their bikes and motos with their hair spilling out behind their helmets. I loved the way they walked and dressed-they were so clean and dignified. I liked listening to them chatter in their singsong language. I even liked watching them eat (yeah sounds creepy but for those who've traveled to China you know what I mean).

Anyways, I had recently had a serious surgery, so I was in no condition to game. I chatted a few girls up and did some routine, I remember thinking that even if I was able, there was no way I was pulling in one of these girls without some considerable efffort. Contrast that to the Phils where most you can just take their hand and lead them back to your place.

Granted I didn't visit any clubs or nightlife, and I wasn't in HCM or Hanoi. My buddy lives in Hanoi but is married. He says with a network it would be easy to find a quality girlfriend, but getting a reputation as player would be a serious social detriment.

For those experienced, are those perceptions close to reality?

Attractive Women - Check

Clean Dignified - Check

Singsong Language - Negative (Vietnamese makes most ears bleed)

Eating - They still make noises while eating. 

Effort - Takes effort to pull quality girls (numerous dates and even numerous late night rejections)

Network - Do not need any network to find a quality gf. However it will for sure help.