The Vietnam Thread
(02-15-2017, 01:36 PM)Traveltothemax Wrote: Ah okay. That explains it.  I don't like kids,  will never get bored of ONS and I am an agnostic. Thanks for explaining your reasoning.

Yea, if I were in your shoes id have zero desire to get married also.
Found a really really nice brand new studio type apartment for a good price (300usd). Only problem is it is a bit out the way from the city center (20-25 minutes) on top of having no clue where my job will be. The apartment is in D2. Looked so much nicer than everything I have seen lately for that price range. Impulse agreed to a 6 month lease. Also more private than the other places I seen.

Gonna def need to buy my own moto now I believe.

Hope I didn't fuck up too much.

On another note, will do some scouting of the backpacker nightlife street tonight. Been her a few times but with that girl I been seeing. This time will be alone
Yeah, hopefully you will be close haha. I imagined your rent would have been less. In Ukraine, if you are that far outside the center you are paying 150$ a month for an apartment.

Have you been on any moto adventures with girls? It was some of the highlights of my trip
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
(02-17-2017, 02:34 PM)20Nation Wrote: Yeah, hopefully you will be close haha. I imagined your rent would have been less. In Ukraine, if you are that far outside the center you are paying 150$ a month for an apartment.

Have you been on any moto adventures with girls? It was some of the highlights of my trip

Ukraine must be a lot cheaper than Vietnam for rent. 

150 is only gonna get you a less than decent room in a shared house (no kitchen and bathroom in room)

Yea been riding with girls every day. Fun stuff. One girl in particular goes super fast and takes more risk than the other girls. Told her she needs to be a racer lol.
Fuck, about to cancel on that apartment in D2 and the one in Binh Thanh.

I need to do the smart thing which is book one of those by the month apartments in D1 for 1 month. Then after finding a job look for a long term apartment near work and hopefully still central.

Edit: Just sent the lady an email asking if I would be able to transfer the lease without penalty to another person. This way I have an out and can easily move if I don't like the logistic setup. If she says yes I will move today, if not I will move to the short term ones in D1 today. See what she says.......
Finally settled into the apartment. Nice to finally be out of that airbnb. Had the worse bed I think I ever sleep on. Hard as a rock. On top of that no over night guests. Fuck that place.

The landlord agreed to letting me transfer my lease to another person. So I am feeling much better about living here.

D2 is like the old money part of HCMC with such has many International Schools and a large expat community. Streets are not as crowded as in the center. Cool little vibe. You still got your places for your 1-2 dollar meals Vietnamese style.

A girl is coming over tomorrow to let me drive her moto around. Gonna practice here in D2. Then probably next week will buy or rent a moto of my own.

Logistical / Finding an Apartment Guide

If you are just visiting for a short time ie less than a month then the best thing to do is simply book a room on Airbnb. Be sure to ask whether or not you are allowed over night guests. On a short visit you will def want to be located in District 1. This place has all the main attractions and nightlife. An uberbike to anywhere in D1 will run you about 10,000 VND (10 cents). But if you want to be in walking distance then look for a place near Bui Vien street or near Lush nightclub (lady night on Tuesdays). 

Now, if you are gonna be living and/or working here for awhile then you need to do things a little different. First, book a room off airbnb in D1 (ask about over night guests) for 3 nights. During those 3 days go to the roads and area near 18A Thi Minh Khai street. This is where you will find many serviced short term apartments for rent. Go here and search around. Look for signs saying for rent. Some buildings are locked and have a number posted. Text that number asking about the room. For the others you can go inside and check out the place. Apartments here are gonna run you 250-350 generally. Get a room for 1-2 months to allow yourself to get settled before finding long term accomadation.

For finding long term accommodation, you will need to use a number of resources. Craigslist, Facebook Groups, and Vietnamese Real Estate sites (google search phòng quận __ cho thuê) Insert the district in the underlined part. Some listing sites should pop up. Will need a Vietnamese girl with you to navigate and use those sites. One of the best ways if the facebook groups. There are many groups. Just search Ho Chi Minh, Saigon, and Expats. Lots of apartment and room postings. You can also say your looking and many people will comment or send you a message. That is how I found my current place. 

For a central location you need to be in D1 or one of the adjacent districts ie D3, D4, Binh Thanh, etc. Other than that, you may want to live in one of the expat areas ie D2 (old money) or D7 (new money). Being central will allow you to get to places in D1 within 5-15 minutes. D2 and D7 you are looking at 20-30 minutes. 

Housing Options

150 USD: Room in shared house. No private kitchen and bathroom.

250 - 350 USD: Room in shared house or house made into an apartment type complex. Can get own private kitchen and bathroom. If you live outside of the center can get an actual studio or one bedroom in an apartment building with numerous amenities ie pool, gym, etc.

400+ USD: Nicer bigger studios and one bedroom apartments. In apartment type housing or in apartment buildings with apartment buildings costing more.

Utilities will run you about 20 - 50 USD a month. Some places include these in the cost and others do not. Mine for example is

100,000 VND - Water
3,000 VND/Kw - Electricity (will probably be 200-400k)
Cleaning Service - TBD
Internet / Cable - Free
Nice info so far Dash. You have recently went through a lot of south east asian countries ( and also korea), how would you compare the attractiveness of vietnamese girls to the other countries in asia you recently visited?
(02-20-2017, 06:40 AM)20Nation Wrote: Nice info so far Dash. You have recently went through a lot of south east asian countries ( and also korea), how would you compare the attractiveness of vietnamese girls to the other countries in asia you recently visited?

No comparison. Vietnamese girls are the cream of the crop for SEA. Guys will easily increase their quality here a point or 2. Not only that, they are just better girls overall.

I like them better than Koreans due to having bigger / less slanted eyes tbt. 

For me its like this

Top Tier vs Top Tier - Filipinas (due to the Spanish mix) (preference)

General vs General - Vietnamese 

Most Exotic - Indonesians
Finally 100% decided not to pursue anything with the main girl I been seeing. She is super sweet and has a great smile (sucker for those) but her English is just not good enough for a serious relationship. 

So will start cutting back on my time seeing her. Stayed the night at her house last week. Heavy kissing and touching. I was prepared to fuck her, but wasn't gonna force it or initiate it. Had she pulled off my pants or grabbed by dick we would have fucked. Glad she didn't though. Would feel bad for fucking her then turning around and being like naw sorry. Can only be friends. 

Anyways, I am going to Lush tonight to check out Ladies Night. 

Also, got a 19 year old coming over tomorrow. Was trying to figure out who to meet but she sent me this pic and said she was naughty. She made up my mind for me lol

[Image: pG7CKL9]

Not sure why image is not embedding.

http://imgur.com/pG7CKL9

Finally finished up this online 120 hour TEFL course. You need it for getting the better jobs and a work permit.

I did one from the company called EnjoyTefl It was a joke. Not sure where they get 120 hours from. You can finish it in 1 day if you really wanted to. You get three chances to pass each section test and it tells you which ones you got wrong. On top of having unlimited time to complete them while looking at the notes. Crazy easy.

Gonna sit down and finally go through all my contacts I have amassed over the past year. Pick out some of the best ones.

You wouldn't believe me, but it is like 1,000 girls lol. 700 on FB alone. Hundreds on Zalo and Viber.

EDIT: So much easier to search your friends list and sort girls on the mobile app compared to computer.
(02-21-2017, 07:06 AM)Dash Wrote: Not sure why image is not embedding.
http://imgur.com/pG7CKL9
Here you go: 
[Image: pG7CKL9.jpg]

Right click the image on imgur, "copy image address", then use the insert picture button and paste that address. 
I just did it because this pic needs to be visible! 

I had a completely different experience than you in Vietnam, I don't remember the girls being that much cuter compared to Thai. I was stuck in a drinking & drugs rut with Fisto though at the time and we may have stayed in the wrong area of HCMC. Our nights & days were completely switched. We'd wake up when it was dark and sleep when the sun rose. 

Reading about your Vietnam experience makes me want to give it another shot.
Night Recap / Lap Report

Great first night out solo. Decided to check out Lush's Ladie's Night last night (Tuesday).

Arrive about 11 or 11:30pm. Place is already packed. Guys had to pay a 100,000 VND cover (no drink).

This place has about 4-5 different areas. When you first walk in there is a bar / mini club to your right. Straight ahead is the main part of Lush. I bypassed the mini bar / club and went straight. Although it was pack and had many girls, I wasn't feeling the set up in the main part. Very small for a major club. Terrible movability. Has one large round circular bar in the middle. The music was too loud to chat to girls. I order a Budwiser from the bar and take in the scene. Budwisers run you 115,000 VND here. Not a cheap place. As you walk in to your left there is a VIP or tables section. I decided to walk up the stairs. Not a lot of space up here and more VIP tables. Walk back down stairs and see a girl I chatted with online. She actually told me she might go there tonight. Say high to her and walk around some more. Wasn't feeling inside so I decided to go outside to the mini bar / club. I like this part of Lush much better than the other main part. All hip hop rnb, girls are slutteir, more easy to approach and talk to.

I order another beer and the girl I said hey to comes into the mini bar / club. She is in a 4-5 set. We dance a little bit. Then she starts to make out with me. For reference, she is not really good looking. The only reason I pipelined her was due to her assets. She has unusally large tits and ass for an Asian. She wants to makeout alittle too much for my comfort, but I go with it. She informs me she has to work at 7am and can not go home with me tonight but that we can go out this weekend and she will go home with me. lol Ok. She is the straight forward honest type. I order her an uber and send her home.

Def not going home yet. I go back inside to the main room. Immediately I see a girl sitting at a table alone. Check her body out. Looking pretty good. She is in a tight red dress. Girls that are out alone are looking for the dick. I attempt to open her but simply rely on body language and dancing. Dance 5 minutes and decide she is DTF. Tell her to leave and she agrees.

I am a tad worried she might be a hooker. But she never mentions money or anything in the club or on the uber home. Get home she takes a shower and jumps on the bed and gives a mean blowjob. Quite good for Asian standards. Was gonna go in raw like always (dumbass I know lol) but she stops me and asks if I have a durex. Throw on a rubber and plow her two times. Nice little petite ass. Sent her home at 7am. She bleed a little on my bed. Had to try to get the stain out. Got that 19 year old coming over today.

Oh back to Lush. Other than the main room being shit logistically, this place is pretty darn good. Many girls. All seem approachable and friendly. Another good thing, many girls grinding dick. I feel like getting a ONS here is very favorable. Alittle too many foreigners but fuck it. Still enough to go around. Most the dudes are squares anyway.

(02-21-2017, 05:23 PM)TravelHardcore Wrote: Right click the image on imgur, "copy image address", then use the insert picture button and paste that address. 
I just did it because this pic needs to be visible! 

I had a completely different experience than you in Vietnam, I don't remember the girls being that much cuter compared to Thai. I was stuck in a drinking & drugs rut with Fisto though at the time and we may have stayed in the wrong area of HCMC. Our nights & days were completely switched. We'd wake up when it was dark and sleep when the sun rose. 

Reading about your Vietnam experience makes me want to give it another shot.

Just have a look at tinder in Bangkok vs Saigon. Average Thai girl looks weird compared to the average Viet girl. 

You will be swiping right way more in Saigon than Bangkok in my opinion.
Nice report Dash! Place pillows and blankets strategically when the next girl comes over Wink
Are there (many) pros in Lush?

Gonna check Tinder to remember those Vietnam girls.
I didn't notice any pros. Suppose there could have been one or two.

Most all the pros will be at Apocolypse Now.

Lushed seemed like a lot of normal girls out for a good time taking advantage of the free drinks.

A mixture of normal curious type girls mixed with a decent number of foreigner groupies / hunters.

Funny note I forgot to mention. I pipelined HCM so hard I literally saw 5 girls I chatted with before at Lush.
(02-22-2017, 01:59 AM)Dash Wrote: Most all the pros will be at Apocolypse Now.

Jeez, I remember that place. That's whore central and they weren't even shoreable. Vietnamese obstinance.
Started to send out CV's today looking for work. Sent my CV to about 6 major language centers in HCMC. Fucked up on one of the emails no changing the name of the center smh.

Anyways curious to see how long it takes to get a job.
Nice report dash. I know that feeling of going out with an average girls just because of her "assets" all too well. Looks like you are loving it over there!
The girl from Tuesday, the one with nice assets, invited me to Lighthouse last night. This place is small and plays techno/ectronic music. Think this a good place to bring a date as it has an open air roof deck type area to chill out. Entrance was 50K and local beers were moderately priced at 60-70k. 

We only stay like one hour then go to my place. This girl was a terrible fuck. Running away from the dick. Can't stand girls who dont know how to kiss. Many Asian girls will try to ram their tongue in / down your mouth. Smh

Probably shouldn't have fucked this girl. She is a party girl and goes out like 3 times a week. So for 100% certainty, I would encounter her again if I bring a date out at night. Hoping she realizes I am not looking for nothing serious and to just be chill and friendly if she sees me out with a date. Not holding my breathe. VN girls are known to be jealous as hell.
(02-25-2017, 03:22 AM)Dash Wrote: The girl from Tuesday, the one with nice assets, invited me to Lighthouse last night. This place is small and plays techno/ectronic music. Think this a good place to bring a date as it has an open air roof deck type area to chill out. Entrance was 50K and local beers were moderately priced at 60-70k. 

We only stay like one hour then go to my place. This girl was a terrible fuck. Running away from the dick. Can't stand girls who dont know how to kiss. Many Asian girls will try to ram their tongue in / down your mouth. Smh

Probably shouldn't have fucked this girl. She is a party girl and goes out like 3 times a week. So for 100% certainty, I would encounter her again if I bring a date out at night. Hoping she realizes I am not looking for nothing serious and to just be chill and friendly if she sees me out with a date. Not holding my breathe. VN girls are known to be jealous as hell.

Too bad it was a shitty lay despite the assets. I wouldn't worry about that, if she's a party girl you'll just as likely run into her with another foreigner.
3 lays this past week (1st week in my own place).

Had two other girls over at my place.

1 was a friend type girl (olderish flight attendant) who after this week I clearly see why she is single at 28.

The other is the main girl I been dating but wavering on ending it or going further. Really sweet nice girl. But dont really want to fuck her then dump her.

Lay 1 - Solo Lush Girl

Lay 2 - Online Girl w/ Teddys met at Lush

Lay 3 - Online Girl w/ Booty

Turns out my suspicions were right. The first girl was a pro. As I said she never mentioned nor asked for money that night. She messaged me again later in the week. She said she was "working" at some club or bar. I told her to come over and said "will you pay me". Told her I have no money.

Curious why she never brought up money. Even texted me the following day saying "fun night together".

Anyways, moral of the story. Be cautious of girls at the club or bar alone. 80% chance they working. I got lucky as she never mentioned money.
Nice reports so far dash. Curious how you would compare the easiness of vietnamese girls so far to Philippinas.