The Vietnam Thread
You will most likely not be getting hired at the top tier schools like WS and Apollo.

Most teachers here (even ones with all qualifications) work on a tourist visa.

Unless you are full time (which most arent) the schools dont bother getting people work permits.

Most people work at the lesser known schools or even agencies that set up classes.

Just make sure you talk with some current teachers about pay and or make them pay you weekly if at a lesser known place.
Booked my flight and applied for a 3 month multiple entry visa. See you in Saigon, brah.

How expensive is Uber there these days?

Also, anywhere to get USD before leaving? It's pretty fucking stupid that they only accept USD for the visa application but have no ATMs around in the HCMC airport... Is it better to go to a currency exchange before flying there or what?

I'm gonna try to arrange some dates for the night I land so I can get a lay. I'm talking to a pretty cute 21 year old 7/10 college girl
Uber bike will cost anywhere from .50-3$. Uber car anywhere from 2-6$.

Yea you need to go to currency exchange in your outbound airport.

Not a must but will make things much easier. I didn't bring any USD dollars when I arrived.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a same night lay.
So how did you convince the airport personnel to let you down to the first floor to get money?

Just checked the weather down there. It's going to be 90+ F soon and near 100% humidity. Fuckin A. Not sure if I'll be able to handle that, lol. Hope I didnt make a mistake. It's 80-85 in Shanghai now, and I consider that too hot.

I'll probably be cooped up in my apartment all summer, only leaving to go out on dates. I plan to teach English online with a Chinese company anyway. Failing that, I'll have to get teaching gigs in person.
They let you walk down begrudgingly.

What they gonna do, make people stranded in the airport?

The heat doesnt bother me too much.

The rain is a much bigger annoyance.

Dont tell the Chinese company you live in Vietnam. I was just rejected by one company due to that.
Yea, I already had one company say I wouldn't be able to work for them if I'm in VN.  I'm going to lie and see what happens.

How is VietCupid nowadays? Is that where you're primarily meeting girls from? I'm going to try tinder, badoo, skout, etc before I opt for paying a membership on there.

I guess I'm going to need to buy a scooter or motorbike when I get there. What's the deal with that... I'm assuming I can ride around without a license and will never be bothered by the cops as long as I don't do any stupid shit...
VietCupid is WELL worth the money.

If you are a young guy who looks decent then you have ZERO competition.

Tinder you have a ton of competition and if you dont get to the girl 1st she will be ignoring messages from other dudes.

You have access to thousands of girls in Saigon and the surrounding area.

I meet girls mostly off Cupid, Tinder, and Skout.

Yes you dont need a liscense. I recommend just renting a bike for 50 bucks a month.
Haha. Who's the competition on Tinder there now? Local guys? I know there's a lot of Euro backpacker type douchebags there, but I thought they were usually asexual hippies or come to Nam with their white girlfriends.

How much are day to day food prices and dates setting you back. Like what do you eat there usually? Do you take dates out to dinner or cafes?
Tons of expats living here.

Tons of tourists passing though.

Also got foreign exchange students.

Any decent looking girl on Tinder is gonna have a fuck load of options. Every guy knows and uses Tinder now. If you match with a hot one you better message and arrange a date ASAP.

That is why Cupid is so good. Hardly zero young good looking foreigners on there.

I eat like a local.

Typical meals for me are (Dollars)

Grilled BBQ Chicken/Pork with rice and some veggies (1-2)

Grilled Fish with rice and some veggies (1-2)

Meat, noodle, and veggie soup dishes (1-2)

Subway/Bagguet Meat and veggie sandwhiches (.50)

Steamed / Grilled Shell Fish (2.50 person)

Take dates to coffee (4), cinema (10), and to the grilled shell fish places (10). This includes both our stuff.
I started pipelining yesterday on a language exchange type of website. I sent out a barrage of mass messages to 18-22 year old 6/10+ Viet girls. I'd say almost half of them read my message but ignored me.

Holy shit. Either Asia is going to shit at an exponential rate or my pictures just aren't good. I'll give VietCupid a try.
(05-28-2017, 03:34 PM)Dash Wrote: Tons of expats living here.

Tons of tourists passing though.

Also got foreign exchange students.

Any decent looking girl on Tinder is gonna have a fuck load of options. Every guy knows and uses Tinder now. If you match with a hot one you better message and arrange a date ASAP.

That is why Cupid is so good. Hardly zero young good looking foreigners on there.

I eat like a local.

Typical meals for me are (Dollars)

Grilled BBQ Chicken/Pork with rice and some veggies (1-2)

Grilled Fish with rice and some veggies (1-2)

Meat, noodle, and veggie soup dishes (1-2)

Subway/Bagguet Meat and veggie sandwhiches (.50)

Steamed / Grilled Shell Fish (2.50 person)

Take dates to coffee (4), cinema (10), and to the grilled shell fish places (10). This includes both our stuff.

I feel like I would pig out hard with those prices. 
Both on food or girls
(05-28-2017, 09:31 PM)Vic Vega Wrote: I started pipelining yesterday on a language exchange type of website. I sent out a barrage of mass messages to 18-22 year old 6/10+ Viet girls. I'd say almost half of them read my message but ignored me.

Holy shit. Either Asia is going to shit at an exponential rate or my pictures just aren't good. I'll give VietCupid a try.

Wouldn't even bother with any language exchange site. 

You will have more than you can handle with Tinder, Cupid, and Skout.

Life Update

I really really enjoy living in Saigon. All things considered, it's very hard to beat the value here. Super cheap, high salary, amazing food, many quality girls for dating. Most Vietnamese girls I encounter are quite pleasant to be around. Haven't really met one with a bad personality yet. 

However, I really dislike teaching English. This is a cut throat for profit business. My current main job collects student's feedback midway through the course. No surprise I did not get high remarks or score, which on my last meeting with the Academic Manager, she pointed that out and said how that correlates to getting offered more classes. So now this has got me slightly stressing. I am simply not the type of teacher most kids are going to like or appreciate. Students generally like teachers who are 1) very funny or goofy 2) Not strict 3) Prototypical Attractive (I got a shaved/buzzed head). I am not any of those things and can not / will not change any of those. Now it got me stressing and thinking of backup plans that im not too keen on. One thing is for sure, this is my last year teaching ESL for sure. Come next August I will be teaching Math at an International School. And it might even be in a place like Brazil or Colombia.

So I moved into my new place this past week. Have had a revolving door of women come here. Would have been 4 in one week had the girl last night not get too drunk and cancel her visit. Anyways, I havent told or got all my stuff from my previous landlord. I signed a year lease fyi. So last night at 1am I tried to retrieve my stuff without her knowing. But that was a failure. I was spotted and she confronted me about me moving. Made up some lies about the reason, but it was still awkward AF.
Lol. I'm also aiming to make this my last year teaching. I've got some online endeavors planned and currently being initiated. Main reason why I'm moving to Nam is to do this, while living cheaply.

I guess every Asian country is the same. They all want foreigners to dance and act like a fucking monkey. There's no real teaching involved, it's just being their personal clown. Teaching in China is absolute hell too, even if you're teaching high school ages. Aren't you teaching high school girls?

I hope you have some money saved up after all your years in Korea.
I teach elementary to adults.

I was only in Korea for 3 years, so not a ton.

I spent all my money on travel after each contract. Sometimes I even took a 6 month break.

Also paid off two credit cards in that time frame.

Saving money has always been planned for my 30s.

The 20s was for fun and travel.
I saved up nearly every paycheck from my last job because I knew I wanted to get the fuck out of teaching for good asap. Now I'm off to create an independent income lifestyle.

You probably should've planned that years ago, especially with all the knowledge that was being dropped on the NN forum. I mean, you seem to hate teaching. lol
Naw,

Traveling and fun was more important to me during that time than getting out of teaching.

Traveling was my number 1 goal after University and I did a good job accomplishing that goal in my 20s. Which teaching allowed and made easy.

Teaching itself I do not mind (assuming decent class of students). It's only the bureaucracy I dislike. But even then, it aint that bad and I can tolerate it so long as it allows me to accomplish my goals.

I would have a backup plan if I were you. Most people fail at the "independent lifestyle income" game eventually and have to resort to going back home and working a 9-5 like everyone else. Achieving that is far from easy.

Not sure about the healthcare. Although I heard it was cheap.
To each their own. 

My backup plan would be teaching.  Rolleyes  But I'd probably kill myself before resorting to that again. Haha. there's a low chance my plan will fail. But if it does I'd probably just go back to China or something.

One thing I've noticed about Viet girls is that they seem more loyal and dedicated. They'll stay in contact with you, won't delete you or disappear. With Chinese girls, they usually disappear or delete me after I've banged them. If I go away for a while, they will not make an effort to stay in contact and eventually delete me. I know some guys talk about their Chinese girlfriends or random lays stalking them and acting psycho, but that's pretty much never happened to me. They're pretty cold.

I get the feeling Viet girls will be clingy, stalkerish.
There is a reason why Viet girls are the most sought after in Asia for wife material.

The cat been out the bag for awhile now.
Alright, I got a lot more replies now from the girls on that site, and on another actual dating site. Maybe their internet was down with the recent storms there or some shit. Haha.

Visa and invitation letter arrived... Need to get that shit printed. Pain in the ass. I wonder if I could just show them screen shots on my phone.
What type of online biz u have?