The Vietnam Thread
Bored already?

That was one of my concerns with moving there. Its the 3rd biggest city in Nam, but it feels small for some reason.

I think if you build a local social circle itd be fine. But you'd need Vietnamese skills.

On that note, my private lessons are paying off. Can chat with girls with no English off tinder/zalo. Sometimes I need to use GG translate, because as with any language theres many ways to form a question or sentence. I might only know 1 way,etc but once i understand im able to reply back without any help.

Speaking/listening is coming along too. People can understand me now lol. Have had short convos on the phone talking to delivery giys,etc without issue too.

Think in 6 months I should be quasi fluent in the language. Then might look into moving to Da Nang.
(07-09-2019, 07:00 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Have a jail-bait waitress in the cafe next to my place being relentlessly flirty. Today wouldnt stop talking to me, and stood gawking at me silently for a good 5 seconds when she brought me my tea.

Pretty sure she's looking for her first white guy experience lol.

Not hot enough for me to be bothered with it though haha.

But hot enough to post about? Bang her, puss.
Thinking of visiting Nam after Tet. Anybody living in Vinhomes currently?

How is it to live there these days? I might spend 2 weeks to a month there. I'm wondering if the high price keeps the local riff raff out. No way am I paying $1000 a month to have little obnoxious kids shitting in the pool, teens fucking around in the gym and elevators, etc. lol

Also, how is the front desk reception. Do they give foreigners problems, and is it conducive to pussy delivery
Vic, I thought you went back home to start your career as a truck driver lol?
Never said I was going to be a truck driver lol. It was just something I was considering for a minute, but quickly changed my mind after some research.

But I did go back, I re-enrolled in uni to finish my degree, and am taking programming classes.
Got ya. I wouldn't say Vinhomes is worth the price tag. If its just for a month, airbnb and make sure the owners don't live on property, have 24/7 access,etc.

I guess I lucked out with my first airbnb here. Nicest place I stayed at, in d4 perfect logistics, keypad entry, nobody gave a shit who i brought in, didn't even ask for my passport. They were pissed in the end because I scratched the fridge door trying to open some beers lol.
(08-25-2019, 05:30 PM)Vic Vega Wrote: Thinking of visiting Nam after Tet. Anybody living in Vinhomes currently?

How is it to live there these days? I might spend 2 weeks to a month there. I'm wondering if the high price keeps the local riff raff out. No way am I paying $1000 a month to have little obnoxious kids shitting in the pool, teens fucking around in the gym and elevators, etc. lol

Also, how is the front desk reception. Do they give foreigners problems, and is it conducive to pussy delivery

Which Vinhomes? I stayed at Golden River, the units there are pretty baller and reception don't give a fuck who you brought in (though I'm asian so I don't stand out as much). I even banged my airbnb host but that was a huge mistake (she got super clingy and was annoying AF) she wasn't even that attractive, lol. Gym is dope and it's almost empty during the day. Building doesn't have a lot of foot traffic because it's new.

It's technically walking distance to D1 but it's not a very pleasant walk. Also, surrounding area has nothing other than mini grocery stores and some parts are still under construction. 

Central Park, farther away from D1 and seems busier but at least it's a nice little area with a mall, restaurants, coffee shops, park/green space etc. I think girls will be more down to meet here, Golden River has like one coffee shop lol. Next time I'm staying at Central Park.
Hanged out with an rvf'er in Saigon last night. Went to one of those little street side places with 50 cent beers. Great experience. Table next to us was a bunch of rowdy older Viet guys so we practiced speaking vietnamese with them. They got a bit annoying in the end lol but they really had hearts of gold. Insisted on buying our beers and food. Gave us cigarettes and lighters as presents even though neither of us smoke lol.

That's the real Vietnam.

Afterwards we went to Lush for a bit which was packed. But I don't know maybe I can't do nightlife anymore. The place just felt degenerate and I didnt stay long.

I'm in the process of finding a new apartment as my lease runs out at the end of the month.

Found a super nice 2br apartment for 17 mil in phu nhuan. The bummer is they demand 1 yr contracts and 2 months deposit. Still if I can find a roomate might do it. Looking at another place in D2 tomorrow which is also nice but only 10 mil.