The Vietnam Thread
my mate lives in Ho Chi Minh. says tinder is easy to meet girls but...the quality is low mostly 5 to 6 out of 10 max.
Thats pretty accurate. But shouldnt come as a surprise that tinder doesnt have the best quality. Thats the case everywhere.
(06-29-2019, 11:04 PM)Cheeky_Chappy Wrote: my mate lives in Ho Chi Minh. says tinder is easy to meet girls but...the quality is low mostly 5 to 6 out of 10 max.

Most normal countries are the same ie 5. That is the average looking chick. (not talking about countries with unusual ugly women eg bangladesh, somalia, england lol (slightly kidding)). 

A 6 is fairly good. Cute girl that guys would enjoy banging and not have a problem meeting in public. 

Low quality would be like my hometown ie mostly 3-4s. 

High quality country would be a lot of 6-7s. 

I'd say Saigon's quality is fairly decent for a south east asian country. I see plenty of cute and sexy girls while swipping. 

And my rating are typically 1-2 points lower than most mens.....

I have banged a lot of young attractive women here. All met online. 

Getting quality isn't a problem here. If you learned Vietnamese and day gamed you could easily get a 8.
Tinder is a decent app in hcm but you need to use it properly. You need decent pics and don’t match with anything worse that a very strong 6/ weak 7 (to me that’s girl you’d bang and also not feel ashamed of if your bros seen them with you) unless they’re obviously slutty as hell from profile and you really need a bang. You will just fuck your algorithm and your profile won’t be seen as quickly be more quality girls.
^Is that in fact how the algorithm works these days?

https://www.swipehelper.com/2016/11/16/t...algorithm/

Pretty interesting stuff here.

Takeaways:

-Be picky with swipes
-Message every match
-Get a fresh account occasionally for the newbie boost
-Get good pics taken

Has anyone here hired a photographer to take some pics? Noticeable boost on tinder?
I had professional pics taken from some event where I was modelling formal clothes. I went from 2 matches a day to between 20-30 granted I also did the above mentioned things. IMO 100% of it comes from pics.

I also got the paid for version when it was half price and ended up keeping it as the results were so good. Got to the point where I was actively not matching with girls who I would happily bang because I couldn’t be fucked keeping track and messaging them all and I didn’t want to fuck the algorithm.

The hottest ones though are not easy to get out on dates though. Ideally you should have a decent Instagram account connected telling a story displaying your better qualities/ interests/value. You also need to act quick they match with top 20-15% of guys and in a way it’s probably more competitive to get them than it would have been if you’d met in a club.
Yea thinking i might make a 2nd insta account just for tinder. I've bemoaned the popularity of SM but there's no fighting it really. Women are herd creatures.
So why is it that Vietnam is a big deal for swoop members, where as Phillipines etc. are bigger on RVF? Does this come down to the different breed of player on each forum? I was in Vietnam and everyone I met was super cool, and it was my personal favourite too, for the culture, even despite the language barrier and resistance to first date bangs.
(07-01-2019, 12:47 PM)churros Wrote: So why is it that Vietnam is a big deal for swoop members, where as Phillipines etc. are bigger on RVF? Does this come down to the different breed of player on each forum? I was in Vietnam and everyone I met was super cool, and it was my personal favourite too, for the culture, even despite the language barrier and resistance to first date bangs.

Most of us are living here where on RVF, most are just strolling through on short trips maybe. 

Since I teach, it would be impossible for me to live in Philippines. 

Also, I am looking for a wife, so VN is clearly the better destination. 

However, if I just wanted to party and have fun, and I worked online or had passive income, id be in Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia.
Saw some shockingly beautiful viet chicks in Vincom d1 today. As usual, on the arms of some very average looking/borderline ugly local dude. Dont think looks matters much to these broads.

Also saw a couple decent western-viet couples, but the theme with these is those girls while not bad looking dont meet local beauty standards. Ie..Usually tan, flat chested and overall lacking the k-pop starlet look.

Needed to buy a bunch of stuff so was focused on shopping and didnt run any daygame. Did practice my vietnamese with the shopkeepers and waitresses and had kind of a funny incident during dinner. I asked the waitress to charge my phone behind the desk and she must have forgot about it. Because I asked for my phone back (in vietnamese) and she thought i was asking for her phone# lol.

Gotta love Asians. When a white man speaks their language, their brains just cant process it. They have the same look on their face as I would if a dog started talking to me in the queens english. Id understand but I'd have it repeat itself 3x just to make sure this was really happening.
I envy you guys living over there. Unfortunately I am pretty tied down in the states at this point in my life and just turning 30, a time I really wish I could get over there. The only upside is I have a decent income here so I can save up for the future there.
There's always going to be something "tying" you down somewhere. Unless you have dependents in the states, its on you. Just get on a plane man. Any westerner with a pulse can get a decent paying job here. Loads of business opps as well.

I came out here on a whim, bought my flight on 2 days notice lol. It wasn't supposed to be a move..been here almost a year now.
the future is now mate.

Had two new classes open up on Wed and Fri this week which i gave to my 2 other teachers. One of the teachers messaged me asking if I would teach the class instead of him and cited I only teach 2 classes during the week.

Work hard and maybe you can have your own center and get to have it light. lol
(07-03-2019, 05:32 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: There's always going to be something "tying" you down somewhere. Unless you have dependents in the states, its on you. Just get on a plane man. Any westerner with a pulse can get a decent paying job here. Loads of business opps as well.

I came out here on a whim, bought my flight on 2 days notice lol. It wasn't supposed to be a move..been here almost a year now.

I am quite aware, however I help take care of my mother who had a stroke 2 years ago and my dying grandmother, and help run a large real estate business. Unfortunately all are very much location dependent. Believe me if I was fortunate enough to just up and go I would have a long time ago. Instead now I constantly look at ways I can downsize business while implementing some level of automation(Which is unfortunately quite hard to do when you have a decent portfolio in real estate), I'm currently talking to the owner about trying to hand some of our larger tenant complex over to a good property management company so he can just collect on it while reducing our workload tremendously on that particular place, and I've recently got a 4 hours a day caregiver for my mom 5 days a week since her and my father are separating. I am taking the steps my friend but I have a lot of burdens and responsibilities to fulfill along the way.
(07-03-2019, 05:32 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: There's always going to be something "tying" you down somewhere. Unless you have dependents in the states, its on you. Just get on a plane man. Any westerner with a pulse can get a decent paying job here. Loads of business opps as well.

What kind of opportunities specifically? Apart from teaching. A data sheet on this would be cool.
^^

Ive seen jobs and heard of people doing all sorts of things. managers, sales, import/export, medical, engineering, etc etc.
Some thieving cunt in my building stole my rain coat. Normally, i wouldnt care but this was a special one i bought in the US thats long enough to cover me head to toe. Impossible to find locally.

If I catch the person, guy or girl, they're getting a hard slap on the face.

(07-03-2019, 04:42 PM)churros Wrote:

What kind of opportunities specifically? Apart from teaching. A data sheet on this would be cool.

I have my own US based ecommerce business. So im not the best person to ask. But ive met loads of expats here in non teaching positions.. Engineers, chefs, IT people etc
Should have camera at your apartment.
(07-04-2019, 12:37 PM)Dash Wrote: Should have camera at your apartment.

There is. Big Grin 

I'm giving the thief til the morning to put it back where it was. Then I'm pulling the footage. And I'll post their pics in all the hcmc local/expat FB groups.

Faggot could have bought a raincoat for $2 in circle k. Hope it was worth it.
Have a jail-bait waitress in the cafe next to my place being relentlessly flirty. Today wouldnt stop talking to me, and stood gawking at me silently for a good 5 seconds when she brought me my tea.

Pretty sure she's looking for her first white guy experience lol.

Not hot enough for me to be bothered with it though haha.