The Vietnam Thread
Went to sky36 last night. Got to say I think its the most impressive skybar I've ever been to. Took 2 elevator rides to get there. Da nang was also having a fireworks display last night so the views were epic. Expensive though. $26 cocktails anyone?

Had a reasonably attractive Euro chick approach me and try to dance with me a couples times. But I couldnt be bothered lol.

Hit up Simpleman Pub after which is a pretty chill hiphop spot. Despite the name people do dance in there. Probably best swoop spot I've been to in Da Nang as its easy to just start grinding up on a chick.

Golden Pine is right next door to it so I went there after but meh that place is trying too hard to accomodate Koreans. Just way too many tables given how small it is and no dance floor. Reliably packed any day of the week though.

I think i'm gonna have to stop being stubborn and do nightlife the Asian way lol. Go out with a couple people, get a table and bottle. It makes it so much easier in places like skybar if you can invite girls over to your table. There were loads of girl only tables (mainly korean) there looking around for attention. Theyre just too autistic to leave their tables and dance lol. So I guess one just has to play the game.
(06-09-2019, 05:09 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Went to sky36 last night. Got to say I think its the most impressive skybar I've ever been to. Took 2 elevator rides to get there. Da nang was also having a fireworks display last night so the views were epic. Expensive though. $26 cocktails anyone?

Had a reasonably attractive Euro chick approach me and try to dance with me a couples times. But I couldnt be bothered lol.

Hit up Simpleman Pub after which is a pretty chill hiphop spot. Despite the name people do dance in there. Probably best swoop spot I've been to in Da Nang as its easy to just start grinding up on a chick.

Golden Pine is right next door to it so I went there after but meh that place is trying too hard to accomodate Koreans. Just way too many tables given how small it is and no dance floor. Reliably packed any day of the week though.

I think i'm gonna have to stop being stubborn and do nightlife the Asian way lol. Go out with a couple people, get a table and bottle. It makes it so much easier in places like skybar if you can invite girls over to your table. There were loads of girl only tables (mainly korean) there looking around for attention. Theyre just too autistic to leave their tables and dance lol. So I guess one just has to play the game.

I remember going to Sky36 last year, while the views and venue is pretty sick the drinks are just way too overpriced. Went with some rich af chick from Hanoi and she ended up paying for all our drinks + shisha lol.

Golden Pine is a pretty ideal place to pick up Korean tourists but I always found the vibe there just a tad weird. You could hit up Lost & Found bar which is just down the road and has a better atmosphere. I've also seen on FB groups that Viet police have been raiding a few bars/nightclubs and piss-testing everyone for drugs so might've put everyone on edge.

If you ever get desperate you can also hit up the expat bars in An Thuong and graft some of the English teachers/digital nomads there. In my 3 months in Da Nang I only ever met 1 foreign chick who I would've pursued - the talent definitely lacks in the expat crowd. 

How much longer are you planning to be there?
Did you have success pulling k-girls at Golden Pine? I agree the vibe of the place is a bit offputting. Liked simpleman better.

I just came up for a week to see if Da Nang would make a good homebase. Definitely liking it so far. Will probably be moving up here in the next couple months.
Only managed to take home one K-girl from there but had a few close encounters.

Da Nang is a pretty good home base. Cheap AF, beach, ocean, close to mountains. Only thing is it actually isn't really that big of a city so I got pretty bored of it after a few months. It's a real good place to get a lot of work done though.
Man I feel like I get bored of any place after a few months.

Part of this living like a transient..not having any local social circle, not knowing the language,etc.

Da nang ticks most boxes for me though. I can't think of another city in Asia that is comparable in its offerings.

I also came up here to do research for a local business idea. If I moved here and started that, I know I wouldn't be bored lol.

Seeing how hot the korean girls are even in comparison to the local girls kind of makes me want to learn conversational Korean.

This might be the best place in the world to game them. Pretty much everytime I walk out on the street I see a pair of smoking hot unchaperoned k-girls.
What about the chicks though? That would be my reservation about Da Nang. That and the language barrier.
If you're coming exclusively for chicks, then go to Saigon. You can just camp out on Tinder all day. In Da Nang, you'll swipe out after a few days.

Language barrier is probably less than Saigon as the economy here is tourism. Most people speak some English.
Thinking about hitting up Phan Tiet / Mue Nie this weekend.
I’m off to Bkk tomorrow. Had a mad week for girls here in Saigon.
Vietnam May have ruined online dating for me in thailand. Quality is shitty. After passporting my location to Bkk tinder isn’t proving to be much better. Will have a blast regardless.
Tinder is hit or miss for me in Bangkok. Sometimes I open it up and see nothing but deformed trannies and aliens. Other times I open it up and it is comparable to Saigon.
Got myself a top notch private Vietnamese tutor. Had my 1st lesson today. Going to be meeting up 6 days a week. Should be pretty conversational in 6 months if I stick to it. My main problem has just been lack of practice. Can't get comfortable with the tones or retain vocabulary if you're not using it everyday.
(06-15-2019, 04:26 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Got myself a top notch private Vietnamese tutor. Had my 1st lesson today. Going to be meeting up 6 days a week. Should be pretty conversational in 6 months if I stick to it. My main problem has just been lack of practice. Can't get comfortable with the tones or retain vocabulary if you're not using it everyday.

Vietnamese definitely isn't the easiest language due to the different tones. But good luck bro. Make sure to interact with the locals in Vietnamese, even though your conversation skill will suck during the first few periods. I found interacting with locals (especially dating girls) to be the fastest way to learn. It's how I learned near fluent Spanish in one year without classes.
Lol I’d never want to settle in Vietnam long-term if I got married there. How are you gonna swing that?

I think a better locus would be bringing a Viet wife to Bangkok and settling/living there. At least that place is tolerable after a few months.
There are nice places to live in VN. Da nang, quy nhon, even nha trang.

I wouldnt be down to settling in BKK. Big city problems just like Saigon and plus the place is pretty degenerate. Ok when youre single but not if youre raising kids.
Went to Bo Cap Vang this Sunday.

Makes for a nice half day trip outsdie the city.

It's a water (river) park with rides and food. You can also bring your own food if you prefer to grill out.
How much longer are you going to be in Vietnam for dash?
hopefully 1 year.

2 max

Went and bought a 2nd phone and registered a new phone number so I can make a 2nd tinder account with the age of 25. I feel my age of 33 makes me invisible to a lot of younger girls.
(06-25-2019, 09:02 AM)Dash Wrote: hopefully 1 year.

2 max

Went and bought a 2nd phone and registered a new phone number so I can make a 2nd tinder account with the age of 25. I feel my age of 33 makes me invisible to a lot of younger girls.

Word I'll hit you up in the future. Vietnam is high on my travel/swoop list this year.
Been going hardcore with my Vietnamese studies lately. Private lessons 6 days a week. Feel like I'm making headway. Can have basic convos and make myself understood now. This private teacher is giving me gold dust though. I've got an Anki deck filled with about 400 cards of colloquial vietnamese you wont find in the books. A lot of stuff that can be used for teasing/flirting with girls.

Won't even be fair when I'm conversational. Told Dash I'm going to make this place my fiefdom lol.

Went to the movies in Go Vap last night and jesus christ there were some sexy girls in there. I think of all the districts - go vap seems to have the hottest ones for some reason. Probably because its cheap and has a lot of students.