Mother Russia
Probably better to open in English man. Otherwise I imagine girls might think you're some illiterate Central Asian immigrant.

I can't say it surprises me you're getting kind of an icy reception. Like it'd be easy for an American to justify why they're in Moscow/St Pete. But the girls must be bewildered why you'd go to a place like Rostov.

Any reason why you're wife hunting in Russia? It's not the most forgiving place for non whites from everything I've read.
(11-24-2018, 06:18 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Probably better to open in English man. Otherwise I imagine girls might think you're some illiterate Central Asian immigrant.

I can't say it surprises me you're getting kind of an icy reception. Like it'd be easy for an American to justify why they're in Moscow/St Pete. But the girls must be bewildered why you'd go to a place like Rostov.

Any reason why you're wife hunting in Russia? It's not the most forgiving place for non whites from everything I've read.

Not a bad idea to try opening in English. Though I doubt I could pass for Central Asian, since as far as I know, they look more Chinese. Speaking of which, there's a tiny minority of Chinese-looking folks here. Some actually are Chinese students (I can overhear them speaking Chinese), others are senior citizens.

On the reception, none of the girls have even asked me any questions, actually. So they don't know I'm American, just that I look Indian or Mexican. "The Russian Minute" is also fairly standard, regardless of race. Krauser (a white English PUA) encountered it enough that even he wrote about it, in Daygame Mastery I believe. Even then, not all the girls have been icy to me. The number I got that worked was actually quite chatty and smiling in set. But, she was in a rush, so the logistics weren't there for her to move from attraction to comfort. Another set that I opened, on the basis of her smiling to herself, also got a pleasant reception, but she had a boyfriend and was only passably attractive.

I came to Russia to test what's been said on the Internet. If I believed everything there, I wouldn't have had a Polish gf 11 years my junior for 2.5 years in Gdansk, nor would I have had 4 first dates in 1 week there (not saying it was common). Heck, even on the Internet, an Indian guy hitch-hiked through rural Russia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvLsgsucvo4
Visa Tips | LTR Lessons | "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers."
Internally, Russian numbers are given with an 8 instead of +7. Think 8 xxx xxx xxxx instead of +7 xxxxxxxxx.
Did some day game in Krasnodar this afternoon, along Krasnaya Ultisa/Street. 1 local number & 1 Moscow number (that one is leaving tomorrow, unfortunately). No harsh blowouts, just like in Rostov-on-Don. The numbers I got here were actually curious about me though, unlike in Rostov-on-Don. Small sample sizes though. Probably also helped that the weather was relatively clear, not windy, and warm for winter (above freezing), and that it was a weekend. No English, as expected, just like in Rostov-on-Don, so having learned some Russian for a few months continues to yield some results.

That was despite me only targeting slow-walking solo sets, where the opener came to me when I saw her. Lots more two-sets, a few of which are mother/daughter sets, that I didn't bother with. I also skipped a few solo sets where the opener wasn't obvious to me, or where the girl was walking fast or on her phone.

Just like in Kiev, a big stretch of the main street (Krasnaya Ulitsa) was closed off to auto traffic, so people could walk on it. That stretch starts in the south from a large church, where Krasnaya Ulitsa starts, and goes north for several blocks (but not all of it).

Quality in Krasnodar is similar to Rostov-on-Don and Kiev. Roughly 80/20 mix of Polish style and Russian-stereotype style applies again, just as it did in Rostov-on-Don.

I did a little day game in the main mall, Galeria Krasnodar, on Friday afternoon. Good volume, despite it being working hours, though the girls are a bit more in a rush than the weekend. The mall is just big enough to do some day game in, though you'll probably need to mix it up by going outside on occasion for fresh targets.

Finally, just like in Rostov-on-Don, my Indian/Mexican look stands out.

Edit: So far, the best opener is to ask them, in Russian, "Do you speak English or Russian?" They'll get confused and dismissive if you ask in English, and if you only ask for English in Russian, they'll say no and also be dismissive. This opener, however, seems to put them on the defensive about their English, but also gives them an out with Russian.
Visa Tips | LTR Lessons | "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers."
Good stuff as always, 262. Snagging numbers via outdoor daygame during the Russian winter seems like it should be a video game achievement, for real life.

How cold actually is it when you're daygaming outside? If I've got to be bundled up in a heavy winter coat, knitted hat and gloves, I feel like I can barely look presentable at that point. Dressing sharp in sub-freezing temperatures has always seemed tough to me.

How much Russian can you speak at this point? If you hit a cafe with a girl who doesn't speak a ton of English, can you keep a casual conversation going for a little while?

And I'm super curious if you've tried any online game yet. Is Tinder popular in Russia? Are there decent quality girls on there, or is it mostly the domain of lower-tier women? I feel like there are some countries like the US, where online services are really widespread, but a lot of the world hasn't adopted online dating in the same way.
^ Today I think it was 40 F, but at other times, I think it was around freezing (32 F). Any much colder and I doubt the girls or I would bother talking outside.

Dressing sharp around or just above freezing isn't too hard. Think trench coat or the like, thinsulate gloves, and ear muffs. Colder would be tougher, but again, I doubt anyone (including yourself) would want to talk outside then.

My Russian is still somewhat basic at this point. The touristy phrasebook stuff is easy for me, along with simple communication, but I wouldn't say I'm conversational. Might seem silly to visit 2nd tier Russia then, but I wanted to see how the girls would receive me, as a Mexican/Indian looking guy, before I spent a ton of time becoming conversational.

I almost entirely stopped doing online game when I picked up day game. I and a few other guys I know dabbled with it in Kiev, but the no-show rate (and thus never knowing if you were actually talking to a girl) seemed too high for it to be worth it. I've read elsewhere that online isn't really worth it here, and that it's not uncommon for guys online to pretend to be here, just to chat to the girls (or whoever's on the other end).

On a related and funny note, my AirBnB host looks so different from her online profile, that when I was looking for her, she chose to send me a selfie, and not rely on her online profile picture!
I'm already beginning to pick up on the corruption/bribery that folks talk about with regards to Russia, at least here in Krasnodar.

So, as I've covered before, a Russian in the city you're staying in has to register your visa, if you're staying there more than 7 business days. Unless you have a friend there, or can pay a commercial service like saint-petersburg.com (which can only register your visa if you're staying in Moscow or Saint Petersburg, price unknown, though I just sent them an e-mail), it'll be your hotel or AirBnB host who registers you.

Thankfully, my last two AirBnBs only charged me 1000 rubles (15 USD) (current host, only needed to take pictures of my paperwork), and 300 rubles (4.52 USD) (previous host, but needed to accompany my host with my paperwork).

However, three AirBnBs that I've asked in Krasnodar have said that it'd cost 100 USD to register my visa.

Now I get that the host has to take time out of their day to prepare the paperwork, go to the office, wait, and deliver the paperwork, but what seems silly is the relatively high price they'd like to charge me - a gringo tax / rich AirBnBer tax, if you will.

I never experienced such a thing in my 3 years in Poland, even in its relatively rural areas.

This makes me question how deep the corruption/bribery hole goes here in Russia, and the viability of being here long-term.

Edit: I just remembered that my ex's Russian roommate also talked about corruption and bribery in Russia. So perhaps there is some truth to all this.
My AirBnB experience also suggests some Russians don't mind lying to get ahead.

My last host (in Rostov-on-Don) said on her profile that she spoke English. But, when I had to deal with her, it was clear she couldn't. Thankfully not a big deal, and a one-off, I thought. My current host speaks decent English.

But, another AirBnB host here in Krasnodar replied to my English inquiry in Russian, even though his profile also says he speaks English. He also said you have to register your visa yourself. It's possible he doesn't know that that's not possible unless a Russian local does it for you, but then again, he also didn't bother looking it up.
Another note about visa registration in Russia, due to a July 8 law change: apparently, only the owner of the place you're staying at can register your visa. Source 1: https://themoscowtimes.com/news/foreigne...ules-62130 Source 2: https://www.hse.ru/en/news/campus/221420666.html

Reason I mention this is you can find some services online that will say they can register your visa for you.

I e-mailed one ( RealRussia.co.uk ) and got a quote (1500 rubles) and some instructions back, from reg@v-piter.com, for Saint Petersburg. What's interesting is that they didn't ask what address I'd be staying at, despite me saying I wouldn't be staying at any of their properties.

That to me suggests that they'd register me in a "rubber apartment," or a fake address. So, if the police stop you, look into it, and find that's not your real address, they'll deport you. A variation of that happened to some Mormon volunteers elsewhere in Russia, even before the law was changed this year (they were legally registered at the time, just not at their residences - but they were deported as a result): https://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656...aries.html

Edit: Seems even long-time expats in Russia aren't clear about the new rules:
https://www.redtape.ru/forum/showthread....les-July-8
https://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php?67...y-8th-2018
As you might guess from the tone of my last few posts, I'm ending my scout trip of Russia.

Will be back in the US starting Thursday, to focus on other things, such as hobbies.

Good luck out there gentlemen!
You ever planning on going back lol?
^ Not at the moment.

It was good that I came here though. I wouldn't have believed or experienced these issues if I hadn't.
Damn. Must have been pretty brutal. I can't say there's any country I've been to that I'd never return to at least briefly.
^ I wouldn't say it was brutal. It's just that I'm at an age (mid 30s) where I'm more trusting of my intuition about living here long-term. Obviously can't say I'm 100% sure I'm right.

In the past, I would've spent at least a few more months here.

Short term (still several weeks in one place though), you could have some fun with the girls. Spend a few months learning Russian, and they're quite receptive (at least to me).

It's the visa registration business that seems to be the "tip of the iceberg" to me, for living here long-term.

Another thing is that I'm understanding more that "girls are icing on the cake, not the cake itself." Put another way, it's that whole "chase excellence, and the girls will follow" mantra. Can't say I've accomplished that yet, but I'm at place where I'd rather try that now.
Just knew now that by buying a ticket for any event of the European games in Minsk (at 5£) you can enter Russia without Visa. Valid from 10 June to 10 July.

I think I will use this hack.
(05-31-2019, 08:23 PM)Rocha Wrote: Just knew now that by buying a ticket for any event of the European games in Minsk (at 5£) you can enter Russia without Visa. Valid from 10 June to 10 July.

I think I will use this hack.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before by others but the same thing was available last year for the World Cup.

I got my visa in about ten minutes online after buying a match ticket. I wasn't planning on actually attending but using it as a hack like you say.

Sadly I realised my Russian girl was a lunatic a week before leaving and knocked it on the head so I didn't get to see the country.

Of course the problem with all of these events is that they're full of tourists and visitors.
Quote:Of course the problem with all of these events is that they're full of tourists and visitors.

Well that's just it, the spectators will be in Belarus and we'll be in Russia

European Games will attract a different crowd to a world cup anyway.
(05-31-2019, 08:47 PM)deb_auchery Wrote:
Quote:Of course the problem with all of these events is that they're full of tourists and visitors.

Well that's just it, the spectators will be in Belarus and we'll be in Russia

European Games will attract a different crowd to a world cup anyway.

That's a bloody good point haha
Here's a datasheet from Ekaterinburg from a few years back. The venues are probably no longer there so it maybe dated, however the gist is the same. I am planning to revisit Russia again.

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-19441...#pid343586
I have to go to houston to get the American visa for Russia. Do I have to take a visa invite with me from a hotel in russia with a specific date, or do I do that after I visit the counsel in houston?

Do only hotels approve a hosting visa, or can I get a random air bnb person to do it for me?

I'm looking to get a 3 year multi-trip visa. Once it's issued, do I have to buy a plane ticket on the exact date for the first trip or can I go at any date?

Once I check into my first hotel in russia that provided the visa, can I roam freely and stay anywhere in other cities without 'updating' anything?

I've never had to jump through this many hoops to get somewhere.