Mother Russia
Mother Russia has given me one of her daughters before (in the states) and i've been mesmerized with the country that is a riddle within a mystery.
Share away info gents about this place
Always been attracted by Russia and its feminine population.
I have only been there for a very short time (St Petersburg only) but I loved it and looking forward to going back there. I would like to go to the Eastern part one day, the part facing China. I met many people from there and I liked their attitude better than the one from Western Russia.
And doing the Transsiberian is one of my dream as well
Russia has always intrigued me as well. I'll be moving to St. Petersburg in a couple of months for a new job so I am looking forward to the new adventure. I'll try to add to this thread when I get there.
(06-07-2017, 11:50 PM)TigerT Wrote: Always been attracted by Russia and its feminine population.
I have only been there for a very short time (St Petersburg only) but I loved it and looking forward to going back there. I would like to go to the Eastern part one day, the part facing China. I met many people from there and I liked their attitude better than the one from Western Russia.
And doing the Transsiberian is one of my dream as well

I've been there, by train from Harbin to Heihe, then crossing to Blagoveshchensk and making my way to Vladivostok before flying out. It was a worthwhile trip. I'm actually surprised you haven't been yet, since you seem to be based in the dongbei. 

Ask me if you need specific info.
I am not based in Dongbei, I just ended up spending a long time there those last few months and it might actually be my favorite part of China (outside of winter of course) so I have spend a lot of time there. I am in Northwest now (Gansu, Qinghai) and my base will be, unfortunately for me, Jiangsu but I try to spend minimum time there.
My current girl studies in Qiqihaer and is from Daqing so I have another reason to go there in the near future.

I always wanted to go to Far-East Russia but always ended up going somewhere else for my summer holidays, most of the time in Japan.
I'm thinking Russia for spring 2018. Ready to really work with my Russian. I'm thinking about starting in Moscow, then going to a bit cheaper city. Any guys who know Russia have some advice for a great city to be in in russia for the summer? maybe somewhere in the south (i imagine its where a lot of the girls will go).
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
Sochi, where the last Winter Olympics took place, is supposed to be a great touristic station for summer holidays. It's on the Black Sea so you should expect the same weather than in Odessa.
I haven't been there so it's just based on what I saw on TV
(06-10-2017, 09:30 PM)20Nation Wrote: I'm thinking Russia for spring 2018. Ready to really work with my Russian. I'm thinking about starting in Moscow, then going to a bit cheaper city. Any guys who know Russia have some advice for a great city to be in in russia for the summer? maybe somewhere in the south (i imagine its where a lot of the girls will go).

heard sochi is one of the most popular cities in the south where girls go in the summer. but don't quote me on it.
(06-10-2017, 09:30 PM)20Nation Wrote: I'm thinking Russia for spring 2018. Ready to really work with my Russian. I'm thinking about starting in Moscow, then going to a bit cheaper city. Any guys who know Russia have some advice for a great city to be in in russia for the summer? maybe somewhere in the south (i imagine its where a lot of the girls will go).

The best Russian cities in summer are: 

Some random beach resort in Turkey
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Monte Carlo or Cannes

Wink

Seriously though, if you're traveling to swoop girls then better avoid Russian beach resorts. Not really "cool" and mostly family destinations. If it's to include some nature stuff, hiking and whatnot then you might want to try Sochi. A good friend of mine said it's more than adequate for a more active type of holiday. 

Avoid Crimea, totally boring and pointless.

Haven't heard anything good about Odessa either. Overrun by Ukrainian mobsters and Turkish people trying to buy the the leftovers. Doesn't sound like a desirable destination to me. 

At the end of the day the only two valid destinations in Russia are Moscow and Piter. Anywhere else there is nothing to do but trying to bang girls.
remember this year s the worldcup there

was in st Petersburg last july/aug. the weather Is pretty shit even then. st peters doesn't get much of a summer. as in it rains about 60/70% of the time. definatley need an unmbrella.

you need atleast 3weeks. I stayed 2 but ran out of time

tinder is good in st peters. had many dates per week from there. pipeline before you go.

pik the main mall and outside near the metro for daygame also leading to nevsky street.

the churches are amazing especially the church of st bloods

food is very cheap cheaper than Estonia. 

ideally have  host who speaks bit of English unless your Russian is great as I had problems getting a sim card without speaking great Russian.

the quality of girls is good but not as good as Ukraine. I didn't see any 9s to be honest. was surprised. maybe they are in the clubs as I only done daygame/tindergame.

have google translate on your phone. 

the best date venue in st peters is in pik mall on the 5th floor. you've got a cinema then there are stairs going upwards go up them there is a bar/resturants has the best view and sofas inside and outside of st peters. 
they have Huge selections of teas, a menu just for teas. 
Russians are Huge tea drinkers, recommend "ivan chai" as it comes with honey and masarla tea.

heard a lot of girls go to sochi for summer but cant confirm.
my friend said many Russian girls go to thialand now as its cheaper than internal flights.
oh and Antalya they are big on turkey it seems.

hope this helps.

(04-01-2018, 08:34 PM)icrus Wrote:

The best Russian cities in summer are: 

Some random beach resort in Turkey
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Monte Carlo or Cannes

Wink

Seriously though, if you're traveling to swoop girls then better avoid Russian beach resorts. Not really "cool" and mostly family destinations. If it's to include some nature stuff, hiking and whatnot then you might want to try Sochi. A good friend of mine said it's more than adequate for a more active type of holiday. 

Avoid Crimea, totally boring and pointless.

Haven't heard anything good about Odessa either. Overrun by Ukrainian mobsters and Turkish people trying to buy the the leftovers. Doesn't sound like a desirable destination to me. 

At the end of the day the only two valid destinations in Russia are Moscow and Piter. Anywhere else there is nothing to do but trying to bang girls.
gotta disagree with Odessa. was there not this aug but the last. saying odessas bad for girls is like shitting on kiev. 
Odessa is a beach and party city. imagine the girls of kiev in bikinis on the beach that's Odessa. if I wanna fuck 8s n 9s id go to kiev and Odessa. never saw a Ukrainian mobster. most Turkish guys are with friends and meet girls in clubs they usually don't approach in the day. I didn't see more than one or 2 guys in all Odessa daygaming.

the proof is in the pudding. a few pics I took of girls that are not uncommon in Odessa. basicially if you don't find these types attractive yeah you wont like Odessa haha.

id be careful with hearsay. unless you've been to a place and believe what guys write/say without proof you might be missing out of some of the best places of your life. just a thought.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No one's saying that girls aren't good there.

But can you roll in and burn the place down?

Maybe, but it's definitely not a popular debauchery destination. The best girls are under the thumb of the local ballers and then you have a massive sausage surplus for the remaining 7s and 8s. Haven't ever heard of a single Russian that goes to Odessa for holidays. Might be different in Ukraine. But domestic tourists don't play in the same league like international tourists.

Back in the Kazantip days that corner was probably better but now I have no desire to go there. You're much better off in Bulgaria, Cyprus, Turkey for mid-range Eastern European tourists.
(06-08-2017, 12:00 AM)Nexttrip Wrote: Russia has always intrigued me as well. I'll be moving to St. Petersburg in a couple of months for a new job so I am looking forward to the new adventure. I'll try to add to this thread when I get there.

Curious if you have any updates. In the Vietnam thread, you suggested Dash move to another country for a better job and acceptable wife-material. Wondering what you what found in SPB.
Just got to Rostov-on-Don yesterday.

Need to register my visa if I stay longer than 7 business days, since I'm currently staying in an AirBnB.

Asked the host to do it, not sure she will though.

Also asked the folks who gave me the tourist voucher, we'll see what they say.

Might have to ask a hostel to do it for me, according to the Internet.

Any of guys have experience with this?
Took a walk around central Rostov-on-Don today, mostly along Pushinskaya Ulitsa (Street).

Weaseled out of approaching though, for a few reasons. First, I wanted to survey the playing field, so to speak. Also, I'm still waiting for my AirBnB host to register my visa (she got back to me this morning, saying she'd take care of it, but we'll see). I'm probably also nervous about my first time attempting day game in Russian, though there's no better way to improve. Finally, I wanted to make sure that the city's size was indeed big enough for day game (it is, feels like Kiev), especially since it turns out that I stick out as much as I did in Gdansk (I can pass for Mexican or Indian, and I'd say roughly half the locals here in Rostov had a look of surprise in their eyes when they saw me).

Girl quality seems on par with Kiev, at first glance. It's winter though, so most girls here are dressed like their Polish counterparts, which slightly surprised me (given the hype I'd read online, I guess I was expecting more heel boots, etc.). Guys are generally dating at about the same level as their Kiev counterparts though.

City itself feels like Kiev too. Main streets and their sidewalks are fine, but some side streets and their sidewalks need repair. Grocery stores and malls seem to be about as new as those in Poland.
My AirBnB host registered my visa today. 300 RUB (4.55 USD), which I gave her in cash after I got my registration slip. So I'm good in Rostov-on-Don until December 1, the last day that I booked here on AirBnB.

For future stays in Russia, I'll either ask prospective AirBnB hosts about visa registration (if & how much), or I'll just book a hotel. According to the Internet, Russian hotels are more experienced in registering visas, and they apparently do it in minutes when you check in. I originally planned to register my visa online using a commercial service, but you can't do that anymore it seems.

This time though, I had to go with my AirBnB host to a commercial outfit that registers visas (apparently a chain, here are the Rostov-on-Don offices: http://gogov.ru/rst/mfc/rostov-na-donu ). I was required to go since apparently, copies of my passport and migration card wouldn't do (though it's probably good that I sent her those in advance electronically using my phone & the CamScanner app, so she could fill out the forms). The place happened to be a 10 minute walk from where I'm staying in central Rostov-on-Don. The process there took about 30 minutes, during which I did nothing, while the host took care of it.

I also was able to avoid getting a Russian SIM card by using my Georgian Beeline SIM, which I got in Tbilisi. Plans for the former seemed complicated, at least according to SIM Card Wiki. But Beeline Georgia sells international roaming data bundles, in English, starting at 5 GEL (1.88 USD) for 50 MB for 14 days. My WhatsApp and Viber are tied to my free US FreedomPop VoIP number, so I'll just use WhatsApp and Viber with the girls, at least for now. I was able to top-up my Georgian Beeline SIM with my American credit card using Recharge.com. I was unable to top it up directly with Beeline Georgia online using either my American credit card or my American debit card.

My Polish Lycamobile SIM only gets voice and SMS service here, no Internet. Darn shame, since I can top up with them directly online (no Recharge.com rates).

Took pictures of all my passport pages, the migration card, and the registration slip, in case I lose them. According the the Internet, I have to walk around with them, since if the police randomly stop me, I have to present them. Same sources also say Russian police randomly stop Russians for ID too.
Awesome posts here on your current travels, 262 - what kind of work do you do that lets you travel around eastern Europe like this?

Based on your forum name, are you a fan of history? Have you ever had a chance to check out any of the battlefield sites while you're out there? I've seen pictures of some of the huge Soviet monuments at places like Kursk, and I feel like I could spend a week in a place like that just exploring.

And what kind of reception do you usually get from Russians - guys and girls? I've worked with a few Russians when I was consulting for a multi-national corporation, and I found them to be rather standoffish, as they generally kept to themselves. I've never traveled to a place that's as diplomatically chilly toward the US, and I'm kinda' curious if it hurts your odds of pulling solid dates.
(11-20-2018, 02:38 AM)AmeriTrader Wrote: Awesome posts here on your current travels, 262 - what kind of work do you do that lets you travel around eastern Europe like this?

Based on your forum name, are you a fan of history? Have you ever had a chance to check out any of the battlefield sites while you're out there? I've seen pictures of some of the huge Soviet monuments at places like Kursk, and I feel like I could spend a week in a place like that just exploring.

And what kind of reception do you usually get from Russians - guys and girls? I've worked with a few Russians when I was consulting for a multi-national corporation, and I found them to be rather standoffish, as they generally kept to themselves. I've never traveled to a place that's as diplomatically chilly toward the US, and I'm kinda' curious if it hurts your odds of pulling solid dates.

I used the Mr. Money Mustache method to retire early. In short, I invested about 50% of my after-tax salary from my corporate job into US and World ex-US stock market indices. I happened to start doing that around the recession of 2008-2010, so part of it was luck (timing and keeping my job). However, it still took about 10 years of work. You can learn more about the Mr. Money Mustache method here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Money_Mustache

And yes, I'm a fan of history. However, I usually only go to history sites if they happen to be in the city I'm in.

Haven't had a chance to really test how Russians will receive me. It's raining today, so no outdoor day game. Instead, I went to the nearest mall, MegaMag, but it was almost empty. It probably doesn't help that it's about a 20 minute walk outside the city, nor that it was mid-day, and a work day.
Did some day game mid-day today here in Rostov-on-Don, London-style.

I should note again where I'm coming from: I'm a SE-Asian-American who can pass as Mexican or Indian, mid 30s, average height, fit but not jacked, well-dressed (think business casual), and speak only basic Russian (a few months of study, including Michel Thomas Advanced Level, Fluent Forever, & a bit of the Tandem app).

Stats? I did about 10 approaches today, got 1 number, after not having done any approaches for about a month. Weaseled out of a few sets at the beginning, since I was still nervous about doing it again, especially this time in Russian. Once I dove in though, it was like riding a bicycle, but with the signs in Russian.

1st 5 or sets, I opened the girls by asking in Russian if they spoke English. All of them said no, as I expected. About half of those would just keep on walking, while the other half would stay long enough for me to say I spoke a little Russian, and then run the London-style custom openers, saying what about them got my attention. These girls were pleasantly surprised, but then usually squirreled away with an excuse of being busy. One of the hotter ones let me have the "Russian minute," where she just stood there while I tried to run an assumption story in Russian, before excusing herself.

The remaining half of my sets, just to change it up, I opened in Russian by asking "Do you have a minute," literally. I suppose since it was mid-day, mid-week, during a winter (though sunny) day, all but 1 said they were busy.

Funny story about the one that didn't initially say she was busy. It was actually my second time seeing her within the span of about 10 minutes, only she was walking the other way. I added that to my usual London-style custom opener, and I guess she hooked on that or something else. Oddly enough, she actually was busy, since she was looking for her mom, who called her at least about 5 times during the set (she answered all these calls). She invited me to walk with her while looking for her mom, and said she was supposed to meet her mom at McDonald's. I told her McDonald's was the other way, so we turned around. Had some chit-chat in Russian, found her mom walking towards us, and got the number - a small victory today.

The number she gave me seemed to have an extra digit in front of it, though, perhaps in her rush. Or maybe the Russian dialing system is odd, but when I Googled her number, the first result showed to switch that number with +7, the Russian country code. The same result also indicated it was a Russian number from Rostov, so hopefully it works.

Tomorrow I'll probably try day game in the evening, to see if the girls are less busy then. Today I slotted my work-out then.
Did some day game late this morning and after rush hour this evening.

Got a number from the morning session, but I didn't get to check whether she had WhatsApp or Viber in the set, since she too was busy. It seems she doesn't, despite switching the first digit to the +7 Russian country code. Oh well, the set was only okay at best. Another "Russian minute" set (described in my previous post), and again, almost no engagement from her.

After rush hour session went as you might expect. Lower volume, though with it being cold, the girls still walk fast (only couples walk slow). The dim lighting on Pushinskaya Ulitsa (Street) doesn't help either, so the outdoor shopping area is a better bet, though still not great, since it's still outside. It's on the south side of Bol'shaya Sadovaya Ultisa (Street) and directly south of the city park (Gorodskoy sad).

Also figured out that there's basically 2 types of Russian girls, at least in Rostov-on-Don this winter:

1) "Normal" Russian girls, roughly 80% - At least now, during the winter, they're dressed about the same as their Polish cousins. Think cute at best, but nothing special - flat boots, standard coats, and varying levels of hair and make-up. Almost no English though, especially compared to the Polish cousins that they look like (roughly 50% there, depending on the city).

2) Model types, roughly 20% - These are probably what you're thinking of when you think of a Russian girl in the winter, and which you'll almost never see in Poland: knee-high heel boots, stockings or leather pants, fur coats, and great hair and make-up. Definitely no English. I saw one get out of a new BMW, and another walk into a jewelry store, so some of these may be sponsored. In any case, girls who look like this are so far the only ones who've given me my "Russian minute" sets.

I should also note, for full disclosure, a few things:

- The cold water in my AirBnB "Superhost's" apartment sometimes stops, usually at night (maybe the city lines freeze?). So no matter which way you turn the faucet, you get scalding hot water. The toilet then sometimes smells, since I guess it too switches to hot water in these instances. This never happened to me in my many AirBnBs and apartment in Gdansk.

- Most sidewalks have snow that's been packed by footsteps into ice on them now. Parts of Pushinskaya Ultisa (Street) and Bol'shaya Sadovaya Ultisa (Street) are sometimes cleared though. So watch your step while day gaming.

Given the above, so far, I can't recommend Rostov-on-Don, at least in the winter. At least one central large indoor mall or large supermarket would be the key. Instead, however, they have a large outdoor shopping area (location described above), large indoor malls outside the city, and a bunch of medium to small grocery stores.

Also, the number I got yesterday worked, with the digit swap I mentioned. She didn't reply after replying to my standard custom London-style opener, nor to my photo ping this evening. No worries there though, that's the Game.

Finally, it's both good and bad that I decided to come in the winter to Russia (and a 2nd tier city no less). Good in that I got to see it during bad weather, and bad in that I probably should've expected this.

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans!