Salvador, Brazil Datasheet - Jan 2020
There is a serious lack of info about Salvador out there. Other than Roosh saying that he didn't feel safe enough to stay more than one day, there are basically no mentions of it on any gaming forum. Even just finding out which bars were busy and when was a major challenge, and I mostly relied on trial and error. I was there for 10 days and would have liked to stay much longer. Here's what I found.

Salvador is not what I expected. It’s somewhat segregated, and it also has plenty to offer in terms of tourist value, which I had no idea about since I hadn’t done my research. There are plenty of fluffy hair girls and plenty of bars to explore. Different areas have different vibes. Daygame is very easy here. One girl even opened the set with me in Pelorinho by coming up to me and giving me complements randomly.
Many girls will not shy away from extended eye contact, which gives this place a special vibe. Holy fuck is it sketch at night though in some areas. Driving by in an Uber it just looks like the Walking Dead in some parts. There are some safe spots though so don’t let that dissuade you.

Rio Vermelho

This is the area where the more wealthy or middle-class crowd goes. There are also some tourists around the bars here. It’s considered the safest area too, so you can actually just walk from bar to bar.  

Coliseu de Forro – All people in their 40s

SAN (San Sebastian) – It’s a gay club

EcoSquare – Free entry but it’s outdoors and gets crowded so expect to sweat. A few foreign guys around. Plenty of very hot girls but it feels a little snobbier than other bars around it.  

Place directly behind Ecoquare – I don’t know the name of this place but if you’re standing in front of Ecosquare, head to your left and around the corner. It’s a totally different and much more down to earth crowd. I like it much better than Ecosquare, personally. Inside and upstairs is a small club with a good DJ most nights. It’s a very cool spot.

30 Segundos – Around the corner from there is an upscale place with a middle-aged crowd with an overpriced cover (I think it was 80 to enter, drinks not included). It’s a small place but seemed like a decent spot if you don’t mind spending.

A Borracharia – Cool place but an even older crowd. 30 to enter. Only open Fri-Sat. I didn’t see any hot girls, just average looking people.

Club BahnHof – Alternative crowd, free but very few people.

Zen – A bit upscale compared to Amsterdam but it’s an okay spot to collect contacts.

Amsterdam – A high number of foreign guys but the girls are very approachable and seem to like gringos. Thurs is open bar for 60R, Fri it’s 40R for just entry. It’s definitely a good spot overall but can be hit or miss depending on the type of music. Sometimes they have special events on weekends so check before entering.  

Commons Studio Bar – Typical electro music place with everyone just dancing in place facing the DJ. It’s a small venue and pretty small crowd. I saw zero cute girls inside when I checked it.

GPS Music Bar – Permanently closed

Pelorinho

This is the older and more cultural area. It’s considered the city center. It has a cool, picturesque vibe that draws a lot of tourists. It can be dangerous at night so beware. I saw a snatcher try to grab an old white guy’s phone out of his hand and fail then get chased by the old man while everyone watched and did basically nothing. It did all happen fast but there was a sense that it’s a common occurrence.

With that said, this is the best area for day game and evening game. It’s good until around 11 usually. Even on the weekends, after around 1am there isn’t much left. Then the zombies come out and start pestering you.

There are good restaurants around and it’s probably the highlight of the city imo.

O Cravinho - This place has a lot of interesting types of alcohol. I suggest trying cravinho, which is like a very strong clove liquor. It’s pretty cheap and yeah, strong.  

Streets - Just walk around and chat with girls. The place has a festive vibe and there are many small bars or stands selling alcohol. To my knowledge, there’s no one big club or destination in particular. The whole area is pretty happening, especially on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Largo Pedro Acrcanjo – Large music venue with local acts. Recommended.

Barra

This area also has good potential for daytime approaches. It’s a beautiful seaside area with many small bars and restaurants. It doesn’t seem like a late night spot, more like watching the sunset and having a beer type of area. Highly recommended to check it out. Good spot for dates too, and you can even swim at the beaches there, although they’re crowded.

Overall, I loved Salvador. It’s a very interesting place with friendly women. But depending on the area, it can be sketchy as hell at night, so definitely be very careful.
"Just ask questions. That's it! All women wanna do is talk about themselves anyway. So you just got to let them do that." -Seth Rogan
Would you recommend it to someone who has already been to Eastern Europe and Peru? In Lima I was mostly in parts outside of Miraflores (such as Rimac for instance), but I knew some people already. Idk how much I would stand out alone, without getting too paranoid LOL!
Other than Roosh saying that he didn't feel safe enough to stay more than one day.

id take everthing roosh says with a pinch of salt like any guy on forums really.
roosh didn't like riga but my friends british indian and he did very well there.
I was only there 10 days but did well also. just because a guy says a place is shit don't let that put you off checking it out yourself. that's the real confirmation Wink
as each guys experience can vary
(01-16-2020, 11:21 AM)Obermarschall Wrote: Would you recommend it to someone who has already been to Eastern Europe and Peru? In Lima I was mostly in parts outside of Miraflores (such as Rimac for instance), but I knew some people already. Idk how much I would stand out alone, without getting too paranoid LOL!

I would absolutely recommend it to any guy who isn't afraid to go to places that are a bit rough. Obviously that's you since you braved the sketch parts of Lima already.

And yeah, I agree that Rooshv has been way off so far about Brazil. He also said Recife was too sketch to bother and that place is totally not the way he described.
"Just ask questions. That's it! All women wanna do is talk about themselves anyway. So you just got to let them do that." -Seth Rogan
What is the general look of the women there? If I recall correctly, I think someone mentioned it's mostly darker girls and many with some nice curves? Seems right down my alley. Cost of living also a lot lower than other more touristy parts of Brazil probably?

Anyway, good info, thanks. Glad to see some new members contributing travel info.
Do you believe the right player can snag an LTR there? 

If any guys want the inside scoop on another 2nd tier City in Brazil that is centered around cowboys in the interior I can provide a lot of useful info as I was there for 3 months recently but did not make it to the gringo trail of Salvador/Recife Etc. 

And yes in the interior... the cost of living is dramatically less esp. for a decent modern apartment but still high for a 2.5 world country all things considered and I am sick of eating/cooking beef and a little bit of fucking chicken although there were enough veggies for a while about 2 months until you get bored of the same crop
(01-17-2020, 06:22 PM)Manufactured_doubt Wrote: Do you believe the right player can snag an LTR there? 

If any guys want the inside scoop on another 2nd tier City in Brazil that is centered around cowboys in the interior I can provide a lot of useful info as I was there for 3 months recently but did not make it to the gringo trail of Salvador/Recife Etc. 

And yes in the interior... the cost of living is dramatically less esp. for a decent modern apartment but still high for a 2.5 world country all things considered and I am sick of eating/cooking beef and a little bit of fucking chicken although there were enough veggies for a while about 2 months until you get bored of the same crop

I visited Salvador for the first and last time in 2012. I went there because I didn't know better. Maybe things have improved (which I doubt because Brazil overall has become more dangerous since then), but based on my observations, calling this city 2.5 world is giving it like 10 times more credit than it deserves. It's probably the worst and the most dangerous shithole I've ever been to in my entire life. The only place where I got extorted within 20 meters of a police patrol. The only place where I almost got jumped while carrying all my luggage, documents and money after leaving my hotel (luckily, there was a taxi nearby that I used to escape). There was also a riot on the street which I was unlucky to be in the middle of while sightseeing. Cars didn't stop at red lights at night to avoid robberies. A few months after I left, police went on strike and it became an open season for criminals for awhile. Some of the police put on masks and start robbing people too. 

This city is ghetto as fuck. Don't waste your time and money unless it's your kind of environment.
(01-17-2020, 06:36 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 06:22 PM)Manufactured_doubt Wrote: Do you believe the right player can snag an LTR there? 

I visited Salvador for the first and last time in 2012. I went there because I didn't know better. Maybe things have improved (which I doubt because Brazil overall has become more dangerous since then), but based on my observations, calling this city 2.5 world is giving it like 10 times more credit than it deserves. It's probably the worst and the most dangerous shithole I've ever been to in my entire life. The only place where I got extorted within 20 meters of a police patrol. The only place where I almost got jumped while carrying all my luggage, documents and money after leaving my hotel (luckily, there was a taxi nearby that I used to escape). There was also a riot on the street which I was unlucky to be in the middle of while sightseeing. Cars didn't stop at red lights at night to avoid robberies. A few months after I left, police went on strike and it became an open season for criminals for awhile. Some of the police put on masks and start robbing people too. 

This city is ghetto as fuck. Don't waste your time and money unless it's your kind of environment.

understood. Jesus. fuck.

and gentleman- do not discount Brodiaga's observations esp. regarding safety- While I actually felt pretty safe in the interior city (because there is zero tourism) coming from Detroit.... at night anything goes on the street and no one will bail you out... edit* - there is an awesome video showing a Mom from Brazil gunning down a robber that runs up on school children but that is a different story (never come between a Mom and her baby Cub anywhere in the world) but people can pull a gun as fast as you can breathe in Brasil. - In fact- even your own friends might pull out weapons! That's right- A buddy of mine who is a lawyer in Brasil happened to just start waving around his Magnum when were drinking beer and coffee chatting lightly to show it... I told him to put that thing the fuck away but the point is there are guns coming out everyone's sleeves there because when the musical chairs end you don't want to be the one unarmed... but it's still a feeling of sketchiness in the air of course

Towards the end of my stay, one of my buddies said he witnessed a robbery at 7 AM bright and early and the robber just ran away unscathed... 

p.s. there are very very very few hot chicks roaming around for day game in Brasil in general because cities are spread out and SKETCHY to walk any type of real distance

Sounds interesting, hope you find the time to write it up!
(01-17-2020, 08:31 PM)Rottenapple Wrote:

Sounds interesting, hope you find the time to write it up!

IMO it would be a powerhouse interior city if it was not so spread out.... there is no real 'culture' and it is easy to become bored there. However, the weather is awesome and most apartments come with pools. People from the area are extremely friendly in general but I do not have much cross-reference besides Sampa and I did not end up snagging an LTR so I would not head back mostly for that reason
I’ve been to Brazil multiple times, including a few 2nd tier cities. I’d echo the other posters’ comment about the safety concerns in Brazil. All I can say is that it takes balls of steel to travel the 2nd tier cities of Brazil. Even São Paulo can be rough if you venture too far out the Paulista area.I was in Goiania last year and I could hear random gunshots at night outside the street while I was inside my airbnb. I’ve also been harassed one time on the street by a crazy/homeless guy brandishing a sharp weapon (looked like an icepick) while I was waiting in line to get in a club. I don’t speak Portuguese and I wasn’t sure if it was a robbery or just a random thing because the guy appeared mentally stable or high in drugs. Nothing happened to me but it could have been worse if I made a wrong move or got unlucky. The many people witnessing the situation were just watching. No one even tried to help de-escalate the situation. I’m sure they would have taken a video and posted it online if I got stabbed to death or if a fight broke out because I had to physically defend myself. It’s one of those places where you could live to tell the story or might just become one of the statistics if you’re unlucky.
I'll be in Salvador in March. Will update afterwards.
Rotten Apple: There are a lot of dark skin women in the downtown area (pelorinho) and some other areas but Barra and Rio Vermelho are like any other Brazilian city.

Manufactured Doubt: Yes, you could find a LTR. I had a few that seemed to be interested in taking things seriously. I am not into relationships though, at least not now lol. And I don't agree to what you said about there being no girls around for day game. There are plenty of girls around in the right places. Even in Salvador, pelorinho area has plenty of girls walking around that you can approach, even after the sun goes down. Interior is obviously different. Would be interested to hear more about your experience there though.

Diaba: Sounds like you had a shitty experience there. I imagine it's a bit safer now; that was 8 years ago. I agree that it's extra sketchy in many areas but the "safe" areas are reasonably okay from what I saw. You definitely need to be very careful at night though anyway, as with anywhere in Latin America.

Krabby Patty: That's fucked, glad nothing happened. I can't say I blame the crowd for not getting involved though. And about recording it, that's not a phenomena unique to Brazil. I agree that Brazil can be very dangerous at times but it's also the best country for women in the world imo so that's the tradeoff.

wi30: Looking forward to hearing your take on the city. I'm sure you'll love the girls there. And if you pass through Rio let me know.