RVF Game and Travel Forums to Be Deleted
Honestly I am concerned for his personal welfare. I have no ill will against the man even if I think he's a douche. Things usually spiral out of control for guys like this. Its obviously a midlife crisis but with most men they have options that motivate them to return to normalcy. Other than donning a hardhat and learning a trade for $25-30k a year and a small apartment he doesn't have any.
(01-09-2020, 11:48 PM)JolietJake Wrote: Im sure someone has said it before, if not me.  The dude is going to become either a televangelist or a cult leader, which the latter is my guess.

What makes you think that?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Quote:Other than donning a hardhat and learning a trade for $25-30k a year and a small apartment he doesn't have any.

Starting a career in manual labor at age 41 , after a lifetime of the softest living , playing on the internet and starting at a screen 16 hours a day for the past 20 years is a non starter. He couldn't handle it for even a week.

Roosh looks weak and unimpressive in even a tightly controlled echo chamber filled with sycophants ,when he ventured out of it he was btfo by dr oz or even the girl that threw beer in his face and then a bunch of other guys chased him out. He failed to even have a real girlfriend in 41 years. I think he hates cucks so much because he sees one in the mirror every day
I've mostly stayed out of the Roosh hate, but I'll weigh in because I see very little defense of Roosh here, which is weird. People are allowed to change... I'm not necessarily all on board with all of those changes either, which explains why I mostly post here now.

Game Roosh or Religious Roosh, I still admire the hell out of the man. While a lot of former (and mostly banned) forum members anonymously bitch and posture for superiority, their name wasn't on the building. Roosh has made a big sacrifice to reveal his identity to be able to put controversial and important ideas out into the world, which can't be said of many in this space.

The fact Roosh has prioritized his values before his business is an honorable thing, I think, and he's probably seen the writing on the wall that the PUA message was more a liability than an asset. I would bet though when Roosh develops new content according to his new purpose, it'll attract a better crowd. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next.

It's definitely weird to get all bent out of shape by the forum threads getting deleted, which was to be expected. Being banned, that's your fault, you go into a man's house and you shit on his shoes, that's not gunna fly!

Even weirder to question Roosh's conversion as a bit of a publicity stunt. His traffic and attention is probably lower now than it's ever been. There's nothing more boring than talking about Religion and Church. He's basically anti-attention at this point.

It's important to let people evolve, even our heros. The worst thing is when people live their lives like Groundhog Day and they never learn and grow. I celebrate anyone who has a new found purpose.

A lot of you criticize Roosh for changing directions on the forum and "censoring" free speech, but keep in mind it was never a "anything goes" kind of a zone. There is little value in letting everyone say whatever they want all the time, especially when the guy whose name is in the header is essentially going to get blamed for anything crazy or insane put out there. Roosh doesn't have to tolerate insults thrown his way, or does he owe anyone anything frankly. The space is about Roosh's ideas, not your own, and anyone who thinks differently is very entitled. Basically, a lot of you think you own Roosh. You don't. His name, his forum, his rules. If the man can't own the venues and ideas that bear his name, what does he own? Have a little bit of empathy for the man even if you disagree with his new ideas.
It looks like Roosh has his own account here.
Honk
Actually fullthrottle’s comment was very down to earth and mature and it earned him my respect. Compare that to the guys who are personally attacking Roosh and they sound like sissy twinks.
I’ve been reading Roosh since I stumbled onto his DC bachelor blog, which is to say his very beginning. I’ve seen a lot of changes in him and it was always remarkable to me how he put himself out there. It’s probably the main reason why I kept reading his stuff... I felt like he was being honest and he never hesitated to include his bad experiences or failures of to self deprecate himself.
Alas... he lost me when he was born again. I don’t have to agree with someone on everything to respect them and learn from them but as soon as you start preaching about an imaginary man in the sky, I’m gone.
(01-10-2020, 01:12 AM)captain_shane Wrote: I'll say it again, Roosh is a shitty businessman. Instead of deleting everything off that forum, he should package it up and license it to other dudes to use in marketing material; lead magnets, etc.

If he wasn't such a narcissist I'd reach out and lend him some help.

Fuck him.

------------

Edit: Anyone know how many daily members were logged in per day on RVF at its peak? I'm wondering what the critical level of membership needs to be to get to that level?

In the forum's prime a good post would get 100-120 likes. Nowadays it's in the ballpark of 30-40.
When did Roosh delete bunch of his archives?
Honk
@fullthrottle

Quote:The fact Roosh has prioritized his values before his business is an honorable thing

FALSE. He is currently selling fornication manuals for profits( bang books &c. ) while espousing false values of Christianity. The opposite of honorable.

ps. Hey roosh I like your new username.
Does anyone on here talk to RVF forum member EvilHei, from Estonia? I wanted to talk to that dude.
I think it sucks to in the direction he changed the forum. I don't think there's need to delete big parts of the forum and put new rules that just limits the conversations. He's far from perfect and can come off as arrogant at times.

But with that said, I think we could have some compassion too to what he's been through. It seems like he was very affected by losing his sister who he was really close to and in the sad and tragic way she past away.

We should look at the whole picture here. After all, if we summarize it all then he has provided more value into our lives than he's been a bad influence. Considering that I think it's a bit disrespectful and immature to talk about him like some here do.
Some good observations from OTR and Disco Volante. It's basically a classic case of sour grapes with Roosh also scorching the earth since if he isn't getting laid neither should anyone else.

If you still defend the guy at this point then I'm sorry but you're a cuck. All he did was stumble into a good thing completely by accident 10 years ago. He rarely made valuable contributions to the forum in all that time. All that was done by other members while he was still collecting the cash from his shitty ebooks and paid memberships. Paying a couple bucks a month for hosting a simple forum does not make one a "hero". Even when the forum was at its high point I never bought into the cult of personality and he always seemed shady to me.

Either way, he could have handled his "spiritual transformation" with grace but decided to be a narcissistic cunt instead (a trait he always had in him as others have pointed out). Since his "awakening" he has frequently insulted and belittled the very people who financed his lifestyle for 10 years as "fornicators" and degenerates. He is the enlightened one and all who disagree are subhuman. I personally don't care since the forum was already going down the shitter way before this all started and I never paid a penny to him, but I can't stand hypocrisy and if you think that's worth "celebrating" then maybe you're better off among the likes of bootlickers like Simeon and Leonard.

Roosh himself aside, considering the trash making the rounds in the big travel threads in the end it was probably better to put the forum out of its misery with some popcorn worthy drama. So at least there's that. I suspect it won't nearly be the end of it either. There will probably be more bans as the circle of loonies gets smaller and smaller while they try to figure out who is the looniest of them all in increasingly loonier threads.
(01-10-2020, 02:09 AM)fullthrottle Wrote: Game Roosh or Religious Roosh, I still admire the hell out of the man. While a lot of former (and mostly banned) forum members anonymously bitch and posture for superiority, their name wasn't on the building. Roosh has made a big sacrifice to reveal his identity to be able to put controversial and important ideas out into the world, which can't be said of many in this space.

What is there to admire? He's an incel who lives in his mom's basement. Weren't you banned there also? For literally nothing if I recall correctly.

The religion thing is a gimmick, nothing more, nothing less. You can tell by the threads he creates he's still nothing more than a vitriolic and hateful person.
(01-10-2020, 01:20 AM)RIslander Wrote: Honestly I am concerned for his personal welfare. I have no ill will against the man even if I think he's a douche. Things usually spiral out of control for guys like this. Its obviously a midlife crisis but with most men they have options that motivate them to return to normalcy. Other than donning a hardhat and learning a trade for $25-30k a year and a small apartment he doesn't have any.

Not even brah. My dad decided to switch* careers and is pulling 45-50K-ish being an electrical apprentice. When work is backlogged he grosses north of 1K a week...in his first year. Rooshie would get manhandled his first day at the site by Joe...a bucktoothed 6'1 bald guy who actually has a wife and kids, and they all love him. "Get to work fucking worm" or "The hell are you doing Bin Laden?" would be mentioned without a doubt, or some sort of Camel/Osama joke. REAL trad culture at its finest.

* he knows the concepts of most trades, just never bother to get certified/licensed in any until now. 

As for your other points, we all know where mental illness leads to. Invest in $ROPE.
Guys, I think most of it has been said. Some posters have voiced justified concerns and I understand there is a need to vent on these somewhat ridiculous changes. I myself, have dedicated tons and tons of hours in building that forum, as have many of you. It is however not constructive to keep dwelling on the subject. Rest assured that many of the content, and most likely all of it is saved already. I personally saved about 80% of travel datasheets (not the ones from the early days), as well as some important game threads. Others are doing similar efforts, and probably even more as in that I am confident that no important information will be lost, which was I believe was the main concern after this latest announcement.

The best response we can have now is to start fully building this forum. Showing those that are still doubtful of its use (of which there are many), that indeed it is the community that brought the value and that it is not dependent on one person who happened to have been paying the server. Once things start growing here (some of its growth has been happening already), concerns about the other forum will quickly die out and we can continue sharing knowledge, meeting up and build lasting relationships to our benefit. This has to be a joint effort. I'm very glad to see some well-respected vets signing up/being active here (to mention a few Scotian, WIA, Giovonny, Noir, Cleanslate, DreamMedicine, Beirut, Shimmy, Rocha, Suits, Duke Main etc. and above all InternetPrince, a man who embodies all the values we stand for). There are some that preferred to have another new forum to be set up, due to the narrow branding here, which I understand. But trust me, some respected guys have tried and it is just very difficult to start something from scratch. It didn't work. Swoop is our best bet.

So let's give it our best effort here, convince the value-adding guys you know to join, write or copy your datasheets, meet up whenever you can and all will be well. I'll keep banning the trolls, the racists, all the aliases of Pussysniffer and make sure autists that contributed to the downfall of RVF don't start polluting things over here.

Referencing this thread as well, which is relevant in this topic: https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/show...p?tid=2022
I'm closing the thread to promote positivity on this forum. Discussions on saved materials etc. can be made in the RVF archives thread.