How do have good interactions in Latin countries if you aren't fluent in Spanish?
I've read and watched a few things on different sites where guys speak about dating/hooking up in Latin countries.The information was helpful but felt more geared toward guys who are Intermediate of Fluent Spanish speakers.I was wondering how guys who weren't fluent Spanish speakers go about meeting women.
Caveman game + google translate
(12-27-2019, 09:39 PM)TheSignal Wrote: Caveman game + google translate

I'm not familar with caveman game.I have seen mixed arguements about whether uing Google Translate is effective.
(12-27-2019, 09:43 PM)kc1082 Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 09:39 PM)TheSignal Wrote: Caveman game + google translate

I'm not familar with caveman game.I have seen mixed arguements about whether uing Google Translate is effective.

https://www.swooptheworld.com/caveman-ga...roduction/
How do you have good interactions In X countries if you aren't fluent in X?

proberly the obvious answer but... be good at interacting with women in general.

+ google translate.

depends what kind of game your running? daygame? nightgame? online?

had good success in brazil/russia. I speak 0 portguese/russian. most of my dates/girls on the street spoke 0 English.
people hook up all the time who don't speak the same language.

guys are who are really good with women understand that attraction is beyond verbal language.
women look at your eyes and your energy. if she don't like what she sees doesn't matter if you speak fluent in x language
Be good looking and aggressive and/or dance well.
I have had great success with Google translate, which is obviously better suited to online game and pipelining. I got my flag first night in country. I don't dance or do "caveman game". Brainstorm likely things you will need to say, translate in Google, memorize. Speak English slowly and properly, some will get through, and the nonverbal communication that you unconsciously engage in when speaking will be transmitted even if the words are not. Remember you're not doing brain surgery, you have dated before, the girl has dated before, you really don't need to philosophize. As Cheeky Chappy said, just be good with women in your language, have high energy, communicate well nonverbally.
Step 1) Don’t be a weirdo. If you’re not a person who is social or don’t know how to act in public, then you’re going to fail very fast.

Step 2) Try to make the other person comfortable or at least having a little bit of fun. Whether that’s from dancing or making jokes about your bad Spanish on Google Translate or smiling and acting happy.

Step 3) Use Google Translate and try to make it less awkward than it needs to be.

Step 4) Be direct. Also remembering that you need to be the one leading the situation on dates is important.

Step 5) Don’t be ugly. If you pass this step and you’re not ugly then girls care way less that you don’t speak good Spanish.

I’ve definitely seen this done in Colombia and it’s worked. Yes, improving your Spanish will make things 50x easier, but it’s definitely possible without speaking the language much.
There sems to be a consensus that using Google Translate is a way to do this. The arguement I've been seeing against Google Translate is that there are places you may go where you run into women that speak broken or more slang Spanish.
(12-28-2019, 03:00 AM)kc1082 Wrote: There sems to be a consensus that using Google Translate is a way to do this. The arguement I've been seeing against  Google Translate is that there are places you may go where you run into women that speak broken or more slang Spanish.

Lol people don't speak slang for basic straightforward things in a language, especially not in Spanish.
(12-28-2019, 03:00 AM)kc1082 Wrote: There sems to be a consensus that using Google Translate is a way to do this. The arguement I've been seeing against  Google Translate is that there are places you may go where you run into women that speak broken or more slang Spanish.

not being funny dude but your original question above has been answered. sounds like now your just creating obsticles for yourself. 

google translator vs nothing = google translators better than nothing.
(12-28-2019, 04:52 AM)natas Wrote:

Lol people don't speak slang for basic straightforward things in a language, especially not in Spanish.

That was in reference to conversation you'd encounter when dating/hooking up with women.

(12-28-2019, 10:38 PM)Cheeky_Chappy Wrote:

not being funny dude but your original question above has been answered. sounds like now your just creating obsticles for yourself. 

google translator vs nothing = google translators better than nothing.
I wasn't trying to be difficult.This post like i stated before was based off of stuff I've either read or watched about dating abroad not my own personal problems.Also I never said that this was in reference to not knowing any Spanish.
It doesn't matter. No one goes from no language to fluent overnight. The entire point is to just do it however you can and as long as you are trying every date will progressively be better than the one before.
(12-28-2019, 01:26 AM)Inatas Wrote: Step 1) Don’t be a weirdo. If you’re not a person who is social or don’t know how to act in public, then you’re going to fail very fast.

Step 2) Try to make the other person comfortable or at least having a little bit of fun. Whether that’s from dancing or making jokes about your bad Spanish on Google Translate or smiling and acting happy.

Step 3) Use Google Translate and try to make it less awkward than it needs to be.

Step 4) Be direct. Also remembering that you need to be the one leading the situation on dates is important.

Step 5) Don’t be ugly. If you pass this step and you’re not ugly then girls care way less that you don’t speak good Spanish.

I’ve definitely seen this done in Colombia and it’s worked. Yes, improving your Spanish will make things 50x easier, but it’s definitely possible without speaking the language much.

Good list! It probably goes under #1, but important to highlight - dress well, like a successful westerner. Suiting up can’t go wrong. It is possible she has never been out with a guy in a tailor made suit before. 

And don’t be cheap, when the bill comes just grab it, put down your card and ask quietly “how does tipping work in ____”? It makes her feel like more of a closed-loop, you bringing the resources and she provides the knowledge.
(12-29-2019, 04:31 AM)Number13 Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 01:26 AM)Inatas Wrote: Step 1) Don’t be a weirdo. If you’re not a person who is social or don’t know how to act in public, then you’re going to fail very fast.

Good list! It probably goes under #1, but important to highlight - dress well, like a successful westerner. Suiting up can’t go wrong. It is possible she has never been out with a guy in a tailor made suit before. 

And don’t be cheap, when the bill comes just grab it, put down your card and ask quietly “how does tipping work in ____”? It makes her feel like more of a closed-loop, you bringing the resources and she provides the knowledge.

To each his own but you can't be serious about wearing a tailor made suit.Unless you're meeting and hanging out with rich foreign girls that puts a target on you for scammers.As for the paying thing,I wouldn't take any girl regardless of what country I'm in to somewhere too expensive to pay for the bill alone.
I don’t recommend taking a credit card on late night dates in places like Colombia, I prefer cash although some guys are ok with it and if you’re at an upscale place then it should be fine but I still recommend caution. As for going out suited up, in the Colombian context, I can only see that working in a few select situations in Bogota where you wouldn’t be sweating your sack off wearing that much clothes. It can be done and I know guys who’ve done it but for 90% of guys it isn’t necessary, if you do it back home and are comfortable in suits then go for it but if you’ve never suited up back home then doing so in Colombia simply isn’t worth it.
(12-29-2019, 06:17 AM)Scotian Wrote: I don’t recommend taking a credit card on late night dates in places like Colombia, I prefer cash although some guys are ok with it and if you’re at an upscale place then it should be fine but I still recommend caution. As for going out suited up, in the Colombian context, I can only see that working in a few select situations in Bogota where you wouldn’t be sweating your sack off wearing that much clothes. It can be done and I know guys who’ve done it but for 90% of guys it isn’t necessary, if you do it back home and are comfortable in suits then go for it but if you’ve never suited up back home then doing so in Colombia simply isn’t worth it.

As I recall, there is often a percentage (3?) upcharge on credit cards for many restaurants in Medellín.
Taking a credit card is usually unnecessary, it takes effort to spend more than $100 in most places, plus if you lose it your trip can be all fucked up.

As far as wearing a fitted suit around you will look out of place besides in places like Parque 93. People exaggerate Colombians dressing well, basically all that means is don’t wear shorts and sandals everywhere and girls at least try and look fuckable instead of walking around in sweatpants and uggs with their guts sticking outz
(12-29-2019, 07:41 PM)SC87 Wrote: Taking a credit card is usually unnecessary, it takes effort to spend more than $100 in most places, plus if you lose it your trip can be all fucked up.

As far as wearing a fitted suit around you will look out of place besides in places like Parque 93. People exaggerate Colombians dressing well, basically all that means is don’t wear shorts and sandals everywhere and girls at least try and look fuckable instead of walking around in sweatpants and uggs with their guts sticking outz

I rarely, if ever, see men wearing suits after the business day is complete in Poblado.  And I can't recall the last time I saw anyone outside of Poblado wearing a personal, non-company inspired suit (cheap hotel uniform suits notwithstanding).  Polo-style shirts and/or button-down short sleeved shirts with jeans are standard attire from what I've observed.  I sometimes feel overdressed in U.S.-style business casual outfits (khakis, long-sleeved button down shirt).
(12-29-2019, 05:09 AM)kc1082 Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 04:31 AM)Number13 Wrote:

To each his own but you can't be serious about wearing a tailor made suit.Unless you're meeting and hanging out with rich foreign girls that puts a target on you for scammers.As for the paying thing,I wouldn't take any girl regardless of what country I'm in to somewhere too expensive to pay for the bill alone.

Remember that the OP doesn’t speak any Spanish , so he is dealing with a subset of girls interested in practicing English/speaking into Google Translate. To optimize against this subset “traveling successful American businessman” is a high-value persona, especially if you work for a multinational and can go into the local office for Skype, VPN access or calls.

Elsewhere it has been said that the girls lose value to her social circle if she is with a foreign tourist. If that is the case, then don’t be one - but still have a reason to be in her city.

Maybe it is an age thing (I am in my 50’s and get ‘distinguished’ more than ‘cute’ these days) and still prefer the girls young (yes, you never outgrow it). 

Medellín is a good example - ask the girl to Restaurante Piqueo (which I would have gone to on my own) and her variable cost really doesn’t add much. Follow Inatas five step plan, then at the end tell her about the bottle of French red wine you picked up coming through Duty Free and would she like to share it? Uber back to your AirBnb. 

You might look out of place, but in a good way. You look like the powerful men she has seen on TV and movies. Remember the subset - she already knows this American doesn’t speak Spanish - and keep in mind the new Social Circle is the local waitstaff that has been trained how to treat traveling businessmen. 

As to the credit card - for me it is safer than cash, I have never lost one but if I did I can cancel it as soon as I am on WiFi.