Tampere Finland mini-datasheet
I had some business in Tampere, Finland, back in June in the week before Midsummer eve.
Logistics: I flew in to Helsinki and took the train to Tampere. It is a beautiful train ride, with all the leaves, seems like fall but this is summer. You should sit on the right side of the train to see Hame Castle. I sat on the left so I guess I will catch the castle next time.
Finnish language: Finnish is tough but I will explain the most important words. Hello is "moro". "Suljettu" or “closed” is a word you see a lot in the holidays. When you try to open a restaurant and see the sign "suljettu" you say "perkele" or “damn”.
Food: A Big Mac at MacDonalds is 8 euros. Perkele that is rich for my blood. If you are still hungry after your 8 euro Big Mac, try some blood pudding, that will take away your appetite.
Fashion and culture: Some good news, Finns are not bothered with fashion, I just wore a t-shirt and cargo pants and always felt well dressed. Ok enough about Finnish culture.
Nightlife: I visited several bars: Henry’s, Oconnel, and London Pub. Henry’s was best, always a meat market, and where I got my Finnish flag.
My flag: I arrived in the bar about midnight. If you arrive any earlier than 11pm you will be too drunk to stand by closing time. The night of my flag, I first talked to a few guys in order to acquire a wingman. I found a willing accomplice we decided that he would also pretend to be American and we would chat up some ladies. Some advice about what to talk about. If you are a Trump fan, do not discuss with the ladies. I had two turn me down, this whole country suffers from Trump derangement syndrome. Don’t discuss religion either. They have odd ideas about these things and the conversation will go to dark places of the Deep State. I recommend to just talk about booze and sex. Maybe make up a short list of 2-3 funny stories about booze that segue in to sex before you go to the bar, and no matter what redirect to these stories. As you tell these stories, casually place your arm around the lady's waist. When you reach the bottom of the list and she has not left, start kissing her, you are in. The ladies leave you in no doubt as to their feelings. If they are interested they will rub up against you and tolerate hugging and kissing. If they are not interested they also let you know. One night I was talking to one, it was half an hour before closing, she said look I am not interested, hurry find someone else while there is still time before closing. Many Finnish names were hard to pronounce, and many people had a hard time with my name. And some ladies can’t speak English one came up to me and was all over me but we just couldn’t understand one another and she ditched me. Fortunately my flag had an easy to pronounce name, but I will call her A to protect the innocent. She was 19-year-old petite with black hair and blue eyes, and I overheard her talking English to some fat boring guy so I just grabbed her and pulled her away from him. I said let me introduce you to my American friend and I pulled over the Finnish wingman. She took one look at his striped shirt and pants pulled up to his armpits and insisted he isn’t American, he is Finnish! I said yeah you got me, and I started talking with her about booze and sex, or we made fun of other people in the bar. I had my arm around her waist and kept pulling her closer and closer until she was pressed up against me then I asked her if there are hickies in Finland and she said yeah of course and we gave each other hickies. It was around 2 am. Eppu Normaali’s Vuonna '85 was playing ( https://youtu.be/1sttFo8wCrk ). It was one of those moments when the planets are aligned, Vuonna 85 shall always have a special place in my heart. She asked if my hotel had a sauna. I said yeah of course and also free breakfast. She said do you have condoms. I said yeah of course. And then we went back to my room to knock boots. The room had tiny beds but somehow we managed to make it work. I had only one condom, and after that was used we went raw. The next morning we fucked again but after that she was shy and withdrawn and said don't touch me. Perhaps in the light of day and with effects of alcohol wearing off she realized she had raw dogged someone who was twice her age. We also overslept and missed breakfast and I was wrong no sauna (note to self, be sure to get hotel with sauna next time) so she was a little unhappy. Despite her ill humor, I chivalrously helped her find her panties under the bed she snatched them from my hand and ran out the door. Perkele!
The most important word in Finnish is kippis.

Cheers

I've always been interested in going back to Helsinki or seeing other parts of Finland. Even though Tampere is the second largest city in Finland, it's only a few hundred thousand people. Did it feel like a small town when you were there?
(12-13-2019, 12:36 PM)Agrippa Wrote: The most important word in Finnish is kippis.

Cheers

I've always been interested in going back to Helsinki or seeing other parts of Finland. Even though Tampere is the second largest city in Finland, it's only a few hundred thousand people. Did it feel like a small town when you were there?

It did feel small, it felt very comfortable, it was very easy to nail down the best locations. I think it is crazy in some large cities where there are new "in" places opening every night and you have to dress a certain way to get in. I thought Tampere was just the right size. However from reading other people's experiences in Helsinki, it seems that would also be a great city, not too large, and people had similar experiences to mine in Tampere. Maybe Helsinki is a better place to go? I happened to have business in Tampere otherwise I never would have gone there. Unfortunately I didn't have time to check out Helsinki for comparison.
(12-13-2019, 12:00 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: If you are a Trump fan, do not discuss with the ladies. I had two turn me down, this whole country suffers from Trump derangement syndrome.

Weird. If you're just looking to get laid, why would this come up? I assume they brought it up, and they did so out of curiosity and for a conversation starter. Europeans don't like Trump, they have no reason to. He's said the EU is a "foe." Just agree with them even if you don't. Who cares. Be thankful shit isn't like in 2003 when everyone hated Bush and by extension wanted every American abroad to answer for his foreign adventures.

Overall, good post. I'm interested in going to Finland next year and splitting my time between cities, maybe a few days in Helsinki and a few days somewhere off the beaten track like Oulu or Turku.
(12-13-2019, 12:00 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: If you are a Trump fan, do not discuss with the ladies. I had two turn me down, this whole country suffers from Trump derangement syndrome.

Perkele!

You can always tell her when in bed. I'm sure saying MAGA during the act is the most erotic thing she could ever hear
(12-18-2019, 03:31 AM)Christoff Wrote:

Perkele!

You can always tell her when in bed. I'm sure saying MAGA during the act is the most erotic thing she could ever hear

Yeah especially sexy when you slip the condom off first!

(12-18-2019, 12:44 AM)Hungariansmile Wrote:

Weird. If you're just looking to get laid, why would this come up? I assume they brought it up, and they did so out of curiosity and for a conversation starter. Europeans don't like Trump, they have no reason to. He's said the EU is a "foe." Just agree with them even if you don't. Who cares. Be thankful shit isn't like in 2003 when everyone hated Bush and by extension wanted every American abroad to answer for his foreign adventures.

Overall, good post. I'm interested in going to Finland next year and splitting my time between cities, maybe a few days in Helsinki and a few days somewhere off the beaten track like Oulu or Turku.

Well sometimes the ladies come up with things to talk about that aren't in your PUA notes lol. It is a situation where disagreeing could lead to a long and unproductive argument, and compromising is going to make you look weak. As mentioned before, they want to get drunk and then get laid, don't get in to any "quagmires", just steer the conversation back to your story about booze and sex.
Try Lahti. More than 100,000 people.
I forgot to mention the descent of the Valkyries after the grand battle is over. Once the bars close, they turn on the lights, you see many people passed out, and scavengers, mainly skanky, tatted young women, go through the bar drinking the half-full glasses and.... going through the pockets of the passed out male customers to take their money lol. So don't pass out!
(12-27-2019, 03:54 PM)Mister Happy Wrote: I forgot to mention the descent of the Valkyries after the grand battle is over. Once the bars close, they turn on the lights, you see many people passed out, and scavengers, mainly skanky, tatted young women, go through the bar drinking the half-full glasses and.... going through the pockets of the passed out male customers to take their money lol. So don't pass out!

hahhaha.
(12-13-2019, 12:00 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: I had some business in Tampere, Finland, back in June in the week before Midsummer eve.
Logistics: I flew in to Helsinki and took the train to Tampere. It is a beautiful train ride, with all the leaves, seems like fall but this is summer. You should sit on the right side of the train to see Hame Castle. I sat on the left so I guess I will catch the castle next time.
Finnish language: Finnish is tough but I will explain the most important words. Hello is "moro". "Suljettu" or “closed” is a word you see a lot in the holidays. When you try to open a restaurant and see the sign "suljettu" you say "perkele" or “damn”.
Food: A Big Mac at MacDonalds is 8 euros. Perkele that is rich for my blood. If you are still hungry after your 8 euro Big Mac, try some blood pudding, that will take away your appetite.
Fashion and culture: Some good news, Finns are not bothered with fashion, I just wore a t-shirt and cargo pants and always felt well dressed. Ok enough about Finnish culture.
Nightlife: I visited several bars: Henry’s, Oconnel, and London Pub. Henry’s was best, always a meat market, and where I got my Finnish flag.
My flag: I arrived in the bar about midnight. If you arrive any earlier than 11pm you will be too drunk to stand by closing time. The night of my flag, I first talked to a few guys in order to acquire a wingman. I found a willing accomplice we decided that he would also pretend to be American and we would chat up some ladies. Some advice about what to talk about. If you are a Trump fan, do not discuss with the ladies. I had two turn me down, this whole country suffers from Trump derangement syndrome. Don’t discuss religion either. They have odd ideas about these things and the conversation will go to dark places of the Deep State. I recommend to just talk about booze and sex. Maybe make up a short list of 2-3 funny stories about booze that segue in to sex before you go to the bar, and no matter what redirect to these stories. As you tell these stories, casually place your arm around the lady's waist. When you reach the bottom of the list and she has not left, start kissing her, you are in. The ladies leave you in no doubt as to their feelings. If they are interested they will rub up against you and tolerate hugging and kissing. If they are not interested they also let you know. One night I was talking to one, it was half an hour before closing, she said look I am not interested, hurry find someone else while there is still time before closing. Many Finnish names were hard to pronounce, and many people had a hard time with my name. And some ladies can’t speak English one came up to me and was all over me but we just couldn’t understand one another and she ditched me. Fortunately my flag had an easy to pronounce name, but I will call her A to protect the innocent. She was 19-year-old petite with black hair and blue eyes, and I overheard her talking English to some fat boring guy so I just grabbed her and pulled her away from him. I said let me introduce you to my American friend and I pulled over the Finnish wingman. She took one look at his striped shirt and pants pulled up to his armpits and insisted he isn’t American, he is Finnish! I said yeah you got me, and I started talking with her about booze and sex, or we made fun of other people in the bar. I had my arm around her waist and kept pulling her closer and closer until she was pressed up against me then I asked her if there are hickies in Finland and she said yeah of course and we gave each other hickies. It was around 2 am. Eppu Normaali’s Vuonna '85 was playing ( https://youtu.be/1sttFo8wCrk ). It was one of those moments when the planets are aligned, Vuonna 85 shall always have a special place in my heart. She asked if my hotel had a sauna. I said yeah of course and also free breakfast. She said do you have condoms. I said yeah of course. And then we went back to my room to knock boots. The room had tiny beds but somehow we managed to make it work. I had only one condom, and after that was used we went raw. The next morning we fucked again but after that she was shy and withdrawn and said don't touch me. Perhaps in the light of day and with effects of alcohol wearing off she realized she had raw dogged someone who was twice her age. We also overslept and missed breakfast and I was wrong no sauna (note to self, be sure to get hotel with sauna next time) so she was a little unhappy. Despite her ill humor, I chivalrously helped her find her panties under the bed she snatched them from my hand and ran out the door. Perkele!

jeez learn how to use paragraphs. i hope English isn't your first language
(01-03-2020, 11:21 AM)Sherlock Holmes Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 12:00 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: I had some business in Tampere, Finland, back in June in the week before Midsummer eve.

jeez learn how to use paragraphs. i hope English isn't your first language
Sorry pal I don't speak Autistic. How ironic you complain about paragraphs but can't capitalize.
(01-04-2020, 03:05 AM)Mister Happy Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 11:21 AM)Sherlock Holmes Wrote:

jeez learn how to use paragraphs. i hope English isn't your first language
Sorry pal I don't speak Autistic. How ironic you complain about paragraphs but can't capitalize.

But you do speak retard, right? I doubt you were even in Finland. Here's reality you ugly bozo  Wink

[Image: E8fZZ37l.jpg]

[Image: rpnLxBMl.jpg]

[Image: QjMMFrCl.jpg]

Tampere, Finland
(01-04-2020, 04:46 AM)Sherlock Holmes Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 03:05 AM)Mister Happy Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 11:21 AM)Sherlock Holmes Wrote: jeez learn how to use paragraphs. i hope English isn't your first language

But you do speak retard, right? I doubt you were even in Finland. Here's reality you ugly bozo  Wink
[Image: rpnLxBMl.jpg]
Tampere, Finland
What's your point autist? Why don't you go in a bar instead of harassing real posters about their paragraphs or hanging out at the bus stop. If you're an autist of course you will have different experiences than I did. It's not because I wasn't there, it's because you're an autist and women don't respond to you the way they respond to me.