“Everything was better X years ago”
Something I notice on this forum and rvf is this sentiment, which is so off putting. I feel like it is just used as a crutch for justifying their own failures and their aging poorly without leveling up. It just sounds like sour grapes. Whenever I read this about anywhere, I take it with a grain of salt. Life is good, don’t be bitter.
With travel we're always leveraging an advantage we have over people in another country and that advantage could change. Could be relative improvement in their economy versus ours. Could be an influx of other foreigners that make us less exotic. Could be something like #metoo that makes the whole world harder to deal with. So there are legitimate changes in the scene that are independent of individual action or inaction such as "aging poorly" as you describe it. Unfortunately aging, or rather the increase in economic resources that often comes with it, and increased experience, really offset any decrease in your health until you fall off a cliff at some point and become too decrepit to perform. But I don't think you're talking about that, if you're just talking about being in your 40's and 50's, there is a long time period in which economic freedom and experience allow you to continue the hunt with more success than in your 20's. And you do see guys honestly lamenting weight gain and lack of exercise etc but still I think these minor physical changes don't scare off women that much since women know that with age comes greater economic resources.
It is true that it isn't really helpful to hear about how great things were in the past, since it doesn't really help us now lol. That is the real point, and I think the cause is mostly improving economies in the third world, especially SEA and EE, not due to aging of the posters.
I could be wrong but I think things have got better. if you look at the attractiveness at the women nowadays and the women of years and years ago. they generally are much hotter. look at a picture of people who get married in 1920's vs now. in genral your gf/wife will be much hotter now. even the women at university/college are more attractive on average. ofcourse youl women from the 1920s who were better looking than some women of today but they were the very minority.

if a place was better for you x years ago maybe it was but accepting it and try somewhere else if its that bad. move forward.
1920s? Lmao
What a strawman.

I've never seen anyone post "the Philippines was AMAZING in the 1920s, you guys missed out!"
Mainly people are comparing this decade to the previous one from their own personal experience, no need to go back to Post-World War I to notice a change.
I tend to be in the middle here. I'm not one that believes in ignoring history. If it was better years ago, we should say it, if it was worse we should say that too. I'm one that believes history helps us learn from both mistakes and what we did right.

However, with that perspective comes the careful balance of not getting stuck in the past. It's ok to remember history, but being mentally stuck there won't help you in the present. You should really stick to using history as a guide for what to do or not do now.
Everything was better in XXXX is usually all about girls in 3rd world shit holes not being as desperate as they once were.

You can't bang French girls for a pack of smokes or a couple eggs like could in 1944, we need to get over it.
(12-09-2019, 08:32 PM)SC87 Wrote: Everything was better in XXXX is usually all about girls in 3rd world shit holes not being as desperate as they once were.

You can't bang French girls for a pack of smokes or a couple eggs like could in 1944, we need to get over it.

Young game aware dudes are now cleaning up in SEA, so the old fat white guys are mad.
It depends.

If you're rich, it's way better now than 10 or 20 years ago.

It's easy, just upload on Instagram pictures and videos of your luxurious lifestyle, and you'll get thousands of girls looking for your attention with likes and comments or writing you via DMs.
You have virtually any girl on earth since she buys her first smartphone until the age you prefer, the only thing that matters is if you can afford the lifestyle she asks.

20 years ago this endless amount of possibilities was utopia, and even if you wanted to meet those girls, you had to move your ass from your couch.

While if you're not that rich, it's way worse now than 10 or 20 years ago.
Girls weren't bombarded H24 7/7 from horny motherfuckers offering them even the moon, it was just you and some of her friends, way less competition, and way less spoiled girls.

In few words: demand and supply now are globalized, with everything that follows.
(12-09-2019, 12:49 PM)Cheeky_Chappy Wrote: I could be wrong but I think things have got better. if you look at the attractiveness at the women nowadays and the women of years and years ago. they generally are much hotter. look at a picture of people who get married in 1920's vs now. in genral your gf/wife will be much hotter now. even the women at university/college are more attractive on average. ofcourse youl women from the 1920s who were better looking than some women of today but they were the very minority.

if a place was better for you x years ago maybe it was but accepting it and try somewhere else if its that bad. move forward.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm pretty sure half of American women weren't fatties in the 20s.
Honk
(12-10-2019, 12:00 AM)traveler97 Wrote: It depends.

If you're rich, it's way better now than 10 or 20 years ago.

It's easy, just upload on Instagram pictures and videos of your luxurious lifestyle, and you'll get thousands of girls looking for your attention with likes and comments or writing you via DMs.
You have virtually any girl on earth since she buys her first smartphone until the age you prefer, the only thing that matters is if you can afford the lifestyle she asks.

20 years ago this endless amount of possibilities was utopia, and even if you wanted to meet those girls, you had to move your ass from your couch.

While if you're not that rich, it's way worse now than 10 or 20 years ago.
Girls weren't bombarded H24 7/7 from horny motherfuckers offering them even the moon, it was just you and some of her friends, way less competition, and way less spoiled girls.

In few words: demand and supply now are globalized, with everything that follows.

You can be young and broke and still clean up, that level of competition really only matters in the first world.
A friend and i went to this 2nd tier city in Lithuania in 1999. We booked rooms in a centrally located hotel. The cute young receptionist was surprised and amazed to see two foreigners that didnt speak her language show up at her hotel.
She went and told the manager (hot MILF) and her other colleagues about it.
Before we knew it they took out a bottle of vodka and insisted we all do shots while the girls were eyeing us big time.
The next morning as we go out to get breakfast the day receptionist notifies us that we got a few messages.
Those were folded pieces of paper that the night receptionist had put in the box where they also put the room keys.
Surprised and puzzled , we were wondering how the hell this could be possible, not knowing a single soul in that city.
Well, it turned out that the staff had told their girlfriends about the two western foreigners and
they in turn had written their phone numbers and notes that said :"welcome to my city.Can I show you around"?
Still wide-eyed in disbelief we step out of the hotel.
Right across from the hotel was a park with benches. As we walk out we notice 2 young cuties staring at us and making hello gestures.
They were 2 of the girls that had left us hand written notes at the reception.
We toured. the city for a couple hours and then took them for some pizza and beer and before we knew it my buddy and I were back in our rooms banging the shit out of 2 gorgeous young girls !
I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasnt dreaming ! Something that would never happen in a million years in the West !
It honestly was surreal at that time.
We were connecting with girls basically everywhere..street,supermarket,bus,train ..you name it !. And it was all so straightforward.
The women absolutely showed you their strong interest and absolutely didnt play any kind of head games !
So, please ,those of you who are younger, do not blame the older ones of us who lived those golden times.
Please, let those souvenirs bring a smile to our face..specially in these harsh difficult times we now live in.!!
(12-10-2019, 02:39 AM)womaniser Wrote: A friend and i went to this 2nd tier city in Lithuania in 1999.  We booked  rooms in a centrally located hotel. The cute young receptionist was surprised and amazed to see two foreigners that didnt speak her language show up at her hotel.
Before we knew it they took out a bottle of vodka and insisted we all do shots while the girls were eyeing us big time.
The next morning as we go out to get breakfast the day receptionist notifies us that we got a few messages.
Those were folded pieces of paper that the night receptionist had put in the box where they also put the  room keys.
Surprised and puzzled , we were wondering how the hell this could be possible, not knowing a single soul in that city.
Well, it turned out that the staff had told their girlfriends about the two western foreigners and
they in turn had written their phone numbers and notes that said :"welcome to my city.Can I show you around"?
Right across from the hotel was a park with benches. As we walk out we notice 2 young cuties staring at us and making hello gestures.
We toured. the city for a couple hours and then took  them for some pizza and beer and before we knew it my buddy and I were back in our rooms  banging the shit out of 2 gorgeous young girls !
I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasnt dreaming ! Something that would never happen in a million years in the West !
We were connecting with girls basically everywhere..street,supermarket,bus,train ..you name it !. And it was all so straightforward.
The women absolutely showed you their strong interest and absolutely didnt play any kind of head games !
So, please ,those of you who are younger,  do not blame the older ones of us who lived those golden times.
Please, let those souvenirs bring a smile to our face..specially in these harsh difficult times we now live in.!!

Yeah, I'm sure that 2nd tier Lithuanian city is filled with westerners now. This is the exact type of post I made this thread about. Pass the torch, your time is up.
Actually.. yes.
That city now has few hundred Erasmus western students studying there, mainly spanish and italian young guys.
Also a few french and german companies have set up shop there and relocated a lot of their staff from Western Europe to Lithuania.
So ,my friend,even if I pass the torch to you, I doubt you will be able to do much with it these days !!!
(12-10-2019, 03:00 AM)womaniser Wrote: Actually.. yes.
That city now  has few hundred Erasmus western students studying there, mainly spanish and italian young guys.
Also a few french and german companies have set up shop there and relocated a lot of their staff from Western Europe to Lithuania.
So ,my friend,even if I pass the torch to you, I doubt you will be able to do much with it  these days !!!

Clearly this thread struck a chord with you lol, truth hurts.
yes..actually the massage I had today in Manila by this 20 year old did hurt a bit !!
I think tomorrow I will have her 19 year old friend do it.... LOL ?
(12-10-2019, 03:11 AM)womaniser Wrote: yes..actually the massage I had today in Manila by this 20 year old did hurt a bit !!
I think tomorrow I will have her 19 year old friend do it.... LOL ?

A walking stereotype.
(12-10-2019, 02:39 AM)womaniser Wrote: A friend and i went to this 2nd tier city in Lithuania in 1999.  We booked  rooms in a centrally located hotel. The cute young receptionist was surprised and amazed to see two foreigners that didnt speak her language show up at her hotel.
Those were folded pieces of paper that the night receptionist had put in the box where they also put the  room keys.
We toured. the city for a couple hours and then took  them for some pizza and beer and before we knew it my buddy and I were back in our rooms  banging the shit out of 2 gorgeous young girls !
So, please ,those of you who are younger,  do not blame the older ones of us who lived those golden times.

No reason to blame ya. Great story.

I think you could only get that kind of reception nowadays in certain parts of Africa, like Uganda. I haven't been, so that's just based on what I've heard. It might also happen in some off-the-beaten-path parts of Latin America, like Nicaragua. Would like to find out for myself.
The problem about the off the beaten path chicks in Latin America is they are often short, fat and ugly indigenous looking chicks.
(12-09-2019, 08:32 PM)SC87 Wrote: Everything was better in XXXX is usually all about girls in 3rd world shit holes not being as desperate as they once were.

smokes & eggs game. those were the days Wink