Best homebases for the winter
Hey guys.

I'm wondering what would be a decent home base for the winter every year (so from november till march, I'm eventually prepared to buy property in 1 location in the next 5 years if I really like the place).

I really hate the winter and atmosphere here in Western-Europe and it's barely livable atm in my opinion.

Requirements:

-25°c or more
- Friendly and passionate locals
- Cheap
- Having a good visa system
- Should be enough expats around as well
- Safe
- Lots of beautiful girls and they need to be easy
- Should be easy to make friends there and set up a local connections
- Lots of coworkingspaces and Good nightlife
- I prefer a beach
- (Language is not a problem, I'm willing to learn almost all languages)

I'm free from 20/12.

I'm thinking about:

- Recife, Curitiba, Fortaleza or Medellin
- Hua hin or Bali or Cebu

Thanks in advance fellas!
This is a great topic. Been kicking the idea around myself, as I live in the upper midwest of the United States. Because I'm an outdoorsman, I do like it here from April-November, but the winter months are dreadful.

I'm partial to the Phils, and no doubt I will spending significant time there in the future. If you like urban, Cebu is certainly an option as is Manila. I prefer slow and rural, so I picture myself in the provinces.

Brazil can be a tough nut to crack (I lived there for 3 years). If you like darker meat (as I do!) the the northeast for sure. Recife, Salvador, whatever. The south is faster and more cosmopolitan. Having some Portuguese will go a long way in any of Brazil. Women are very open and forward, but any White factor doesn't mean a whole lot, especially in urban areas.

Colombia has been covered a lot here, so I won't go into details.

I lived in Lima for 2 years, and its an amazing spot from December-March. Outside of that the weather is cold and dreary.  Its an odd place, but its packed full of easy chicks. Peruvians are always easy and now theres a flood of Venezuleans, but you have to be a bit careful there.

When I finally get things straights, I see myself alternating between Mexico (I can drive down there..live in a truck camper near the ocean, have my dog, etc.) and the Phils. I have said it here before, but Philippines is my favorite place on earth. And its not just the women. Its the package deal, just fits my personality.

oh.. Curitiba is a very cool city. off the radar of most. slammmmin chicks, mostly white. its almost a european city within brazil.. organized, safe, relatively cosmopolitan but still quaint.

i went here only one time with my brazilian gf so have no data on pulling. what i do remember is hotties just everywhere, and thinking "i gotta go back here when im single"  that was 2010 and still hasn't happened
Good thread idea. I was thinking of Thailand/vietnam/Cambodia since they are warm and cheap.
think it depends if you like Asian girls more or south American girls. as nov - march for weather eliminates most of Europe. only southern spain, malta, morroco will be warm.

L.A is awesome just come back there its in the mid 20s most days all year round but its not cheap.

domincan republic might be as option, cuba, around that area.
avoid rio its not cheap.

mexico might be an option. probably southern mexico where it will be warmer.

but wherever you go. before moving or buying property. stay 2 weeks. if you like it 1month, then 3-6 month lease. etc
Cheers guys.

I've been all around in Asia (lived there for 2 years and half, mainly in China though). In general, I think Phils offers the best quality of life for me (great value for money, the weather, the amazing beaches, great scuba, easy girls, the general mood, good English). I never been to Bali, so I'm curious what's it like to game over there? (I know lots of dutch and scandinavian tourists go there but that doesn't suggest many good things). I do like Thailand too but I felt better in the Philippines, maybe their culture is more similar to ours and less foreigners and more pure/ raw nature.

For latam, It's actually a good buddy of mine who recommended Curitiba, thing I'm having with Brazil is like I hear they are very few foreigners in like those cities (not Like Medellin for example which is a digital nomad hotspot with lots of Coworking spaces).

In Mexico I only could see Mexico city as an option, maybe some mexico experts can chime in? Cancun looks more a couples holiday destination.
(11-20-2019, 08:09 PM)SpursFan741 Wrote: Cheers guys.

I've been all around in Asia (lived there for 2 years and half, mainly in China though). In general, I think Phils offers the best quality of life for me (great value for money, the weather, the amazing beaches, great scuba, easy girls, the general mood, good English). I never been to Bali, so I'm curious what's it like to game over there? (I know lots of dutch and scandinavian tourists go there but that doesn't suggest many good things). I do like Thailand too but I felt better in the Philippines, maybe their culture is more similar to ours and less foreigners and more pure/ raw nature.

For latam, It's actually a good buddy of mine who recommended Curitiba, thing I'm having with Brazil is like I hear they are very few foreigners in like those cities (not Like Medellin for example which is a digital nomad hotspot with lots of Coworking spaces).

In Mexico I only could see Mexico city as an option, maybe some mexico experts can chime in? Cancun looks more a couples holiday destination.
my friend was in Bali. he said its not good for daygame. tinder might be ok but probally nothing compared to manila, Cebu etc.
rio has mostly Brazilians and augentinans, few americans and very few English. in 2weeks I met 1 English guy, 20 americans and mostly Brazilian and augntinans come for vacation dec-march. cause its close by.
will find out what medellins like in jan when I go there for a month.
mexico ive heard the women are quite chubby/fat. so if you like slim/slender women you might not like mexico. then again there are 22 million living in mexico city but imagine if your into Asians asia would be much better for you.
cancun is spring break for americans and you have to stay at the hotel to get access to the clubs. its not very open to anybody. beaches are cornered off by hotels.
there are hefty girls in mexico, but SO many slammin ones as well. I would recommend Guadalajara first, Monterrey, Queretaro.... Mexico City has everything but it is just SO crazy.

for Brazil, yes, in Curitiaba, you would find VERY few expats and very little english. lots of expats in sao paolo and rio if you look.
I'm also interested in the concept of the ideal "Endless Summer" and what combination of countries/cities would be the best fit.

Two areas that can be a big determining factor that aren't discussed much:

1) Your legal right to work in a different country.
2) Taxes.
(11-21-2019, 12:29 AM)k pop Wrote: there are hefty girls in mexico, but SO many slammin ones as well. I would recommend Guadalajara first, Monterrey, Queretaro.... Mexico City has everything but it is just SO crazy.

for Brazil, yes, in Curitiaba, you would find VERY few expats and very little english. lots of expats in sao paolo and rio if you look.

Mexican girls may be on average bigger than American girls from my experience.
I will have to visit mexico and the cities you suggested. I heard culican has the hottest women in mexico but it where all the biggest drug dealers are. havnt got conformation tho. have you tried playa del carmen?

rio is hot most of the year. in peak winter aug it still doesn't drop below 15 degrees. problem is rio is the same prices as London. cheap compared to L.A but expensive compared to parts of Europe/asia.

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/travel/worl...3976164552

https://www.orbitz.com/blog/2015/01/plac...t-weather/
signal is your experience with Mexican girls in the United States?  if so, please don't post things that throw people off.  on average, mexican girls take far better care of themselves in every way than the slags and pork sluts that populate most of the united states

Culiacan, hometown of  el chapo is indeed ruled by drug lords. for the average visitor this means nothing. its a great city to party in, as is los miches. chicks are indeed slammin. it is weird to be in a basically extragovernmental territory, but it never seemed to affect us. in fact because of the gang thing, there was almost zero expat compettion. we drove around in a honda civic, didn't flash a lot of money, made it obvious we werent DEA, and so had no trouble. and if you're in to such things, the blow is cheap, plentiful, and strong. enjoy!
(11-22-2019, 02:48 AM)k pop Wrote: signal is your experience with Mexican girls in the United States?  if so, please don't post things that throw people off.  on average, mexican girls take far better care of themselves in every way than the slags and pork sluts that populate most of the united states

Culiacan, hometown of  el chapo is indeed ruled by drug lords. for the average visitor this means nothing. its a great city to party in, as is los miches. chicks are indeed slammin. it is weird to be in a basically extragovernmental territory, but it never seemed to affect us. in fact because of the gang thing, there was almost zero expat compettion. we drove around in a honda civic, didn't flash a lot of money, made it obvious we werent DEA, and so had no trouble. and if you're in to such things, the blow is cheap, plentiful, and strong. enjoy!

Actually the american Mexican girls seem to be thinner than the Mexican girls. Granted I have a small sample size and have only been to tourist Mexican cities like Cancun. Mexico still has a lot of Mayan roots.
(11-22-2019, 07:45 PM)TheSignal Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 02:48 AM)k pop Wrote: signal is your experience with Mexican girls in the United States?  if so, please don't post things that throw people off.  on average, mexican girls take far better care of themselves in every way than the slags and pork sluts that populate most of the united states

Actually the american Mexican girls seem to be thinner than the Mexican girls. Granted I have a small sample size and have only been to tourist Mexican cities like Cancun. Mexico still has a lot of Mayan roots.

Depends on the city. Dallas has a lot of hot Mexican girls. But San Antonio has a lot of fat ones. Chicago and Houston has sort of in the middle.
Anyone ever been to Valparaiso/Vina Del Mar? It seems close to perfect with great weather, beautiful nature, safe and cheap, good sized population. I've always wanted to check it out but it's very out of the way. Are there any comparable beach cities in Central and South America that seem to hit all the bases? I can't keep going to cities where the only redeemable quality is the hordes of hot slutty women.
curiously what cities do you recommend for hordes of hot slutty women
@aero

Valparaiso chicks are ugly, especially if you hold them up against Colombians, Argies, Brazilians,etc. Chile is also a lot more expensive than other Latin American countries. The food there is bad too, girls eat a lot of hotdogs and fastfood which shows up on their waists. Then you have the ugly and hard to understand Chilean Spanish. Plus the Pacific ocean water is cold even in their summer time.
(11-23-2019, 01:35 AM)Cheeky_Chappy Wrote: curiously what cities do you recommend for hordes of hot slutty women

Basically any city of a million+ people in SEA, I particularly like Bangkok and Cebu. 

(11-23-2019, 12:04 PM)Azul Wrote: @aero

Valparaiso chicks are ugly, especially if you hold them up against Colombians, Argies, Brazilians,etc. Chile is also a lot more expensive than other Latin American countries. The food there is bad too, girls eat a lot of hotdogs and fastfood which shows up on their waists. Then you have the ugly and hard to understand Chilean Spanish. Plus the Pacific ocean water is cold even in their summer time.

Thanks, I'll scratch it off my list for now. 

I'd love to find a place in latam that's safe enough, like close to SEA levels of safety. I've never had a problem in SEA but all the shit I've seen about latam has me potentially overblowing the safety issue in my own mind. I want a good sized population with a good beach or nature destination nearby. 

A few other options I'm looking at are Pereira (seems like a great spot for girls and fairly safe by Colombia standards, I'd love to hear other guys weigh in on this place), Montevideo/Punta Del Este (I know very little but seems pleasant and safe), Lima/Asia Beach (pretty safe, slutty girls and peru has awesome nature), and Santiago DR (wildcard, was at one point a hotspot but no one talks about it anymore).
The level of safety in Asia is great. I found Philippiness actually the best in general for basically everything (food, weather, lifestyle, beaches, only the food sucks and quality of girls sucks). Countries like Korea are hard to live longer than 2 months, it feels like alien for longer than that. I didn't enjoy Taiwan that much either, a bit too low pace and boring for me, in Thailand, it's overtouristy and not a fan of their Buddhism culture. I would only consider China if I would have a job there and make some good local money.

Any thoughts about Buenos Aires here or have been? Their economy dropped like crazy and it's dirt cheap to go atm.
(11-19-2019, 09:14 PM)SpursFan741 Wrote: Requirements:

-25°c or more
- Cheap
- Safe
- I prefer a beach

Las Vegas hits all those marks except the beach.
(11-25-2019, 01:04 AM)captain_shane Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 09:14 PM)SpursFan741 Wrote: Requirements:

-25°c or more
- Cheap
- Safe
- I prefer a beach

Las Vegas hits all those marks except the beach.

Las Vegas can be well under 25C in winter time. Snow has recently fallen on the strip on the week of Christmas. December and January in Vegas are much colder than even Southern California. The nightlife scene slows down considerably in winter compared to any other season and of course all the pools are closed.

The only places that tick all OPs boxes are SE Asia, Brazil, and the Carribbean.