Short term apartment deals around the world
I am currently in the situation that I need to find a nice city (preferably in Eastern Europe) where I can stay for a month for about 1000$ and focus completely on my main priorities in life right now (writing my thesis, working on my online income, hitting the gym) with the nice side effect of girls.

The problem is: I have no idea in which cities you can just show up and get an apartment for 1 month that doesn't cost more than 500$. Most places on AirBnB are much more expensive, and most apartments that are not on AirBnB require you to sign a long-term contract.

What I - and many other travelers - need, is a list of cities where it is possible to get a cheap short term rental (say 1-3 months) without too much hassle.

I know that in Southeast Asia it is pretty easy to get a good short term apartment deal, so I am gonna start with the city I know the most of:

Short term apartment deals around the world

Bangkok, Thailand
  • KV Mansion, Sukhumvit 81, 1 month 
  • iPremium, Sukhumvit 81, 1 month
  • VP Tower, Victory Monument, 1 month 
  • Parkland Residence, Siam, min. 3 months
  • BU Place, Rama 9, 1 month - best of the 5 mentioned options
  • plenty of other options, you just need to find them. Check out this Facebook Group
Other useful links: 
If you search the term apartahotel, you can usually find something like this. Although it might not be exactly what you had in mind.

The other thing, the easiest thing that is all in one place is obviously airbnb. It's what I use most the time, other than that I just use booking.com for short term hotels.

Finding a short term place like the ones you are talking about in places that don't get a lot of tourists can be VERY difficult. But yeah, if it's a place that gets a lot of people passing through, usually they have tons of these types of places.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
Hotels and AirBnB is good for very short stays. Say a couple of days until 1 or 2 weeks. For a monthly stay, both hotels and AirBnB is way too expensive.
(05-06-2017, 11:29 AM)Bateman Wrote: Hotels and AirBnB is good for very short stays. Say a couple of days until 1 or 2 weeks. For a monthly stay, both hotels and AirBnB is way too expensive.

In Bangkok I found short term apartments for 400 dollars per month, right next to BTS (Victory Monument). Found it by asking girls and walking around. 

Santo Domingo the same, walking distance from the University. Just walked around asking every portero I saw, found a good deal that way for 400 dollars a month. 

Currently in Medellin I have a 1 bedroom apartment for 500 in a perfect location from Airbnb. If you watch your food / party expenses, you could live here on 1k a month (I personally can't stay at that budget though). I rented the place for a week to check it out and negotiated a better deal for longer stay, paying the owner directly. Shaved off about 150-200 dollars a month that way. 

Maybe Ukrain is cheaper and easier to focus on work, Colombia offers a lot of distractions still Tongue
How about house sitting, anyone tried that ? This is where you watch someones house, basically to water plants and feed pets while they are away. Don`t know if they would be happy for you to bring lots of girls though,but could work. https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/hous...signments/
(05-07-2017, 09:05 AM)Dr.Doolitle Wrote: How about house sitting, anyone tried that ?  This is where you watch someones house, basically to water plants and feed pets while they are away. Don`t know if they would be happy for you to bring lots of girls though,but could work. https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/hous...signments/

Never heard of it. These kind of things may save you a couple of bucks but in the end it will always be a hassle. Even with Airbnb you run into girl trouble.
For you guys who have been doing this for a while; I figure it might be cheaper to just go to some city and look for posters for Apartments on Public Boards around student Places and such. Airbnb takes comission, and maybe put prices up compared to what some unknowing old lady who puts up a notice on a Board might do.
Does anyone know where I can get short-term apartments for Cebu/Davao? Accommodation in that city is too pricey.
Bateman,
by chance now i'm in my home country Bulgaria. I'll be here 1-2 months and then i'll fly to Davao and start to live there. I can help you to find flat in the capital Sofia. This city is full of night live, it's cheap and the quality of the girls is realy good. Even now i remember that friend of mine is looking for flatmate in the city center apartment. Will cost you around 160-180€ per month. The internet in Bulgaria btw is mega fast and stable, so will be perfect for you job.
 Let me know.
(05-16-2017, 07:30 PM)RoadSenseOwner Wrote: Bateman,
by chance now i'm in my home country Bulgaria. I'll be here 1-2 months and then i'll fly to Davao and start to live there. I can help you to find flat in the capital Sofia. This city is full of night live, it's cheap and the quality of the girls is realy good. Even now i remember that friend of mine is looking for flatmate in the city center apartment. Will cost you around 160-180€ per month. The internet in Bulgaria btw is mega fast and stable, so will be perfect for you job.
 Let me know.

That sounds great. I will get in touch with you if I choose Sofia.

I don't care so much about the nightlife. I will focus on Daygame, Gym and work. How are the other living costs in Bulgaria (groceries, transport, etc)? If it can be done for significantly less than 1000 € I might even be able to do 2 months.
(05-16-2017, 07:38 PM)Bateman Wrote:
 Let me know.

I don't care so much about the nightlife. I will focus on Daygame, Gym and work. How are the other living costs in Bulgaria (groceries, transport, etc)? If it can be done for significantly less than 1000 € I might even be able to do 2 months.
 Here is all you need:
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in...rrency=USD

Btw numbeo.com is amazing site for get a inf about coast of living all over the world
(05-12-2017, 11:57 AM)Dr.Doolitle Wrote: For you guys who have been doing this for a while;  I figure it might be cheaper to just go to some city and look for posters for Apartments on Public Boards around student Places and such. Airbnb takes comission, and maybe put prices up compared to what some unknowing old lady who puts up a notice on a Board might do.

The problem is that those ads are gonna be in the local language. Not too bad if it's Spanish but good luck doing that in Thai or another complicated foreign language.
(05-16-2017, 08:55 PM)RoadSenseOwner Wrote:
 Let me know.

Here is all you need:

Btw numbeo.com is amazing site for get a inf about coast of living all over the world

I just did some research about Sofia and many people say that you should avoid the summer because the city is empty and everyone is at the beachtowns. What do you think about it? And how would one go about renting an apartment in one of the popular beach towns for a month? I guess the prices there are a bit higher than in Sofia
(05-17-2017, 07:21 AM)Bateman Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 08:55 PM)RoadSenseOwner Wrote:
 Let me know.

Here is all you need:

I just did some research about Sofia and many people say that you should avoid the summer because the city is empty and everyone is at the beachtowns. What do you think about it? And how would one go about renting an apartment in one of the popular beach towns for a month? I guess the prices there are a bit higher than in Sofia
 Empty it's hard to say for SofiaSmile Sure, lots' of people go at the mountains or at the sea during the summer but still will be around 1mln people in the city. 
 Sure will be more expensive at the seacost. I'll advice you to check this small towns at the coast: 
 north coast: Balchik, Kavarna
 south coast: Ahtopol, Tsarevo

To go there you can take direct bus from Sofia for around 25US. Bulgaria is in EU, but we're not using €, we're using lev(1€=1,95 leva). You can use your visa to cash out from ATM or change you dollars at the banks or in the "Change" offices at the city center.
And sure, don't change money at the airports or at the main train or bus station!

I saw that you're not into night life, so skip this crazy resorts: Sunny Beach, Golden Sands.

Btw the price i gave you for a room in a flat at the city center of Sofia is for very locals, because i can connect you with my friend, and he'll treat you like my friend, not like tourist.

At the sea coast without local connection expect around 550US.

Bulgaria is grate place to visit, with nice girls, the young people speaks English, it's cheap and the night life goes on max!
 Also you're very close to the exotics islands in Greece or oriental Turkey. Also you've the legendary low coast company WizzAir   from Sofia to Dubai (around 40-50US) and then from Dubai you can go to lots of destinations in Asia very cheap.
Awesome idea and value so far here.

(05-06-2017, 08:22 AM)Bateman Wrote: Bangkok, Thailand
  • plenty of other options, you just need to find them. Check out this Facebook Group
Other useful links: 

How is the BU place better than the Victory Monument logistically? It says you even need a shuttle bus to MRT. Are there good clubs around? What am I missing?
As I understand VP Tower is walking distant to BTS (which is probably better than MRT), has a mall just a few minutes away and even Khao San is somewhat reachable. I believe THC mentioned that the best would be closest to Asok, which is probably the same distance with public transport from these.

I'm planning to do dg, ng and online game as well. Probably letter the most, so I guess the proximity of public transport is most important.

I think that looks good with the park around.
http://www.thaiapartment.com/apartment/1...umwan-4962
depends on which months also

what I've seen in Brazil is that you can find better deals on airbnb than otherside. ofcourse on the street and dealing directly you could make a better offer, but that takes time depending on the place... and maybe if you do an airbnb reservation 1-2 month ahead of time, you get a better place.

Also what month is important. Rio sept-nov is not that full, so you can find offers on Airbnb, specially if you do monthly prices
just google 'apartment rentals in city x'

look through the first few pages of search results.... you will probably notice one website popping up more than the others.... you just found your answer for where the locals go

airbnb is generally way overpriced, though not always the case
helping guys find the hottest girls at GuysNightlife
(12-30-2017, 10:27 PM)self-amused Wrote: Awesome idea and value so far here.

(05-06-2017, 08:22 AM)Bateman Wrote: Bangkok, Thailand
Other useful links: 

How is the BU place better than the Victory Monument logistically? It says you even need a shuttle bus to MRT. Are there good clubs around? What am I missing?
As I understand VP Tower is walking distant to BTS (which is probably better than MRT), has a mall just a few minutes away and even Khao San is somewhat reachable. I believe THC mentioned that the best would be closest to Asok, which is probably the same distance with public transport from these.

I'm planning to do dg, ng and online game as well. Probably letter the most, so I guess the proximity of public transport is most important.

I think that looks good with the park around.
http://www.thaiapartment.com/apartment/1...umwan-4962

You don't need a shuttle bus. You could also walk or just take a motorbike taxi for 20 baht.

Advantages of BU Place:
  • ~ 10 mins by taxi to RCA or Sukhumvit 11
  • ~ 15 mins to Thonglor
  • ~ 20 mins to Khaosan Road
  • 1 MRT station from the - imo - best night market in Bangkok
  • 2 MRT stations from Asok (= Terminal 21 and Soi 11 for nightlife)
  • 5 MRT stations from Silom
  • You have easy access to both MRT and BTS (need to change trains at Asok), whereas Victory Monument you only have the BTS line going south. the next interchange with MRT is about 15mins travel time away
  • walking distance or 2min motorbike ride to two malls that are both much better than the mall at Victory monument
  • walking distance or 2min motorbike ride to Tesco Lotus
  • more apartments available at Rama 9
  • much better value for money compared to VP Tower
Advantages of Victory Monument:
  • walking distance to BTS
  • 5-10 mins to Siam for shopping
  • 5-10 mins to Chatuchak weekend market and JJ Green night market
  • closest area to Khaosan Road that is still connected to the BTS
  • lots of awesome food options. Victory Monument is extremely popular for its food
I used to live in both areas and liked Rama 9 much better. You are basically in the middle of every big nightlife area. No nightlife area is far away and you can reach the most important areas of Bangkok relatively fast with either MRT or BTS. Asok would be an even better location, but it's also much more expensive. Victory Monument is further away from Sukhumvit 11, Thonglor and RCA compared to Rama 9. If you are big into online game, there are tons of girls that live in Lat Phrao, which is not far away from Rama 9. A lot of girls live in Rama 9 too, as it is one of the most popular places to live in Bangkok. 

However, you should first check if you can get apartments in Rama 9 other than BU Place, since the location of BU Place is not perfect. I just listed it in my post because I know for sure that you can always get a 1 month lease there. Try to get an apartment in A Space, for example. It is the same price as BU Place but slightly better location and nicer furnished. It's about 12,000 Baht per month. If your budget allows more, you can also check out better apartments but I am not sure if they offer short term rentals. The thing with A Space is, that there are 6 different buildings with hundreds of people living in each building. Most units are owned by individuals and some of them also rent out for 1-3 months if you talk to them. Try searching for units on renthub or hipflat.

(12-31-2017, 02:46 AM)guys Wrote: just google 'apartment rentals in city x'

That doesn't work for every country. If you do that for Bangkok, you will end up with a website that specifically caters to foreigners (since no Thai would search for the english phrase) and thus has overpriced apartments. The locals go to websites in the local language or they use their social circle when searching for apartments.
awesome thank you for your detailed answer, gave you a rep. Just sent out some messages to nearby places. A space I found only on a yearly contact.
(12-31-2017, 01:52 PM)self-amused Wrote: awesome thank you for your detailed answer, gave you a rep. Just sent out some messages to nearby places. A space I found only on a yearly contact.

How long are you planning to stay in Bangkok?