The Thailand Thread
hey guys, im in BKK for the whole of August, any swoopers there, would be nice to meet up hang out grab a beer or smth?!
I will update this thread with my trip soon. I need about 10 more hours of active work before everything is finalized, I'm so nervous. You all probably can tell from my posts that I can't relax and MUST cover every base. I hope you all will enjoy it and start booking your own trip if you haven't. In other words don't live vicariously through me, take charge of your own life man! This is my first international trip by myself (have a handful of domestic trips already) and if anybody could open themselves up to a few questions via PM I would greatly appreciate it.
This will be a 2 part review of my trip to Thailand: 

1st part- What I did to prep up

I've read a fair amount as well as watched a fair amount of youtube videos. SwoopTheWorld, Rooshv, JohnnyFD, Brad Newton's Vlogs, WhiteKnightRises, AdventureInYou, etc. 

I initially was going to go earlier this year but got hired at my last job so I already had vaccinations since one great way to ruin an epic vacation is to get sick in the other side of the world. 

My itinerary most likely will be Bangkok and Phuket and maybe Chiang Mai. 

Bangkok=Temples, Thai girls 
Phuket=Tiger sanctuary, Muay Thai, beaches, playing with elephants, western girls

Already have travel insurance and no plans on riding a scooter. Since I have an active lifestyle my cardio is decent. Should help me out with the insane MMA training I will be doing. I will bounce around gyms and get a feel for what I like. I'm well aware Tiger is overpriced and plenty of gyms deteriorate over the years. 

As far as dating goes I already set up an online profile and so far it doesn't look like the Thai girls are biting so if I were to focus on getting laid it might be through Phuket and picking off western girls in the beaches. Apparently as a man your value skyrockets in Thailand and conversely western girls value drops since most of the natives are low value. 

Once I'm done with this trip next trip will be either Philippines or Indonesia. By spending maybe about 1K (which is a steal) on this fun packed trip I racked up airmiles. I think this trip will be in a class of its own (10/10). So far most fun places I've been to were LA and Hawaii.
Anyone in Thailand at the moment? I'm here for a bit over 40 days. Currently hitting the islands with a girl, but will be back to Bangkok after 20th August.

ChicagoFire - send me a pm when you there. So far I have very little BKK experience as I met with a girl one hour after landing then took a plane South early morning next day, but I plan to spend 20-25 days going solo there soon.
(08-10-2019, 08:22 AM)Teddy The Bear Wrote: Anyone in Thailand at the moment? I'm here for a bit over 40 days. Currently hitting the islands with a girl, but will be back to Bangkok after 20th August.

ChicagoFire - send me a pm when you there. So far I have very little BKK experience as I met with a girl one hour after landing then took a plane South early morning next day, but I plan to spend 20-25 days going solo there soon.

Sounds good, we'll talk soon. So am I right with my girl assessment? If the natives aren't biting online just stick with western girls in Phuket? I think I know what I'm doing wrong but I'll tell you in person. I might try picking up some Muay Thai western girls but I would have to differentiate myself vastly from the professional athletes that will hit on them. 

I still think there's a 99% chance this trip will be epic. I have a travel adapter on the way, might get a handcrank flashlight.
Sent you a message Teddy. Hope you're still down.

I'm going next week everybody! I'm so excited! First international trip and like I said I am very sure this will beat out every domestic trip I've done in the states (including Hawaii). I have a long layover in Japan and will try to do a brief write up of eating or shopping in Japan. When I initially planned this trip earlier this year I was going to do it through Qatar Airways and it would have been fun to dick around in Qatar.

I also didn't spend about 1K as I'm still prepping up but even if the total cost is above 1K my money stretches a lot farther compared to visiting places like LA and Vegas. The 2nd part will be about what I did, stick around!!!!
Yes, just sent you a message. It's 2 pm here and the girl I invited fell asleep and still didn't leave ffs.

Just moved to Asok and will try to hit nightlife solo tonight. Kind of tired with setting up dates online -- so much effort.

On another note, I just got myself some vitamin c, stuff for cold, and real sildenafil and taladafil at one of the under pharmacies here. Paid like 1000 baht total -- pretty good deal if anyone is interested in having longer sessions.
Thailand 2019
This is my first international trip by myself as a grown man and trust me I was nervous. However it was eye opening and I would do it again. I did a fair amount of reading to prepare up which I highly recommend for people on the same boat. This report can also help out people that never have been to Thailand.

My Background
Spent nearly a decade working mostly dead end low paying jobs. As my pay got better I could travel more to other states.

International versus domestic travel
The only place I would compare this trip to in terms of fun is Hawaii. Both were 10/10 and had their pros and cons. Thailand effectively ruined America for me. There are things like language barriers and tropical pests but for the most part I wouldn't be opposed to relocating here for several months.

With international trips sleep disruption sucks for a few days. For trips like these and I was crossing multiple time zones I wasted days trying to catch up. I had no idea how my body was going to react so I couldn't plan anything too far in advance. You should plan for at least 2 weeks if crossing multiple time zones. Anything less is a waste and I met people that were on 2 month trips.

While there probably are exceptions at least with foreign airlines I got better service and experience compared to the IDGAF approach I usually get with US airlines.

Wall Street playboys are spot on that if you're a younger guy like I am international is the way to go. Your money stretches farther. I've also read that SEA should only be enjoyed if you're older and completely disagree. I won't sacrifice my career to party hard but at the same time living a boring life and only enjoying life in your mid stages sucks.

Prepping up
I got vaccinations done, carried pretty light, took probiotics for 5 days before arriving. Tried reaching out to Thai girls online and pushed my workouts harder to prep up for Muay Thai.

Women
I spent time in Bangkok and Phuket. Thailand isn't a pussy paradise. I didn't get treated like a rock star. My online profiles reflect that too. Teddy is spot on about online game being a pain. I did see a lot of older white men with gfs 10 years younger than them so I better start making that money! However I am received well in the Phillipines and Dominican Republic. One of those might be my next trip. Initial plan was to see how the women react to me and when that wasn't working I shifted to collecting pictures for my next trip. At worst I have memories and stories to share with the western girls that may be impressed with my trips.

WIA made a thread about travel crossing over to domestic game. I will report back if it does. It at least stretches your comfort zone.

Soi taied aka fitness street
After spending a few days in Bangkok I had a flight planned for Phuket. Thailand has the best massages I've ever experienced. PM me if you want to know about 1 that is in its own class in Phuket. One of the massages left me sore for 2 days and once it was done my sinuses were running. The way they use their elbows with their body weight and if you pick certain styles they put you in yoga positions. Superb. Only thing I don't understand is why they put pressure on your kidneys.

Thailand is known for Muay Thai. If you are here for that purpose I'll try to help you out:
* Fat people will get cut up if they put in the time and effort. If you have the money look into signing up for Tiger since they have the most classes.
* Non combat sport yet athletic people can do a fight in as fast as 2 months IMO. I give this time frame because if you can get past the physical demands in Thailand's heat then the other battle front is learning the technique.
* Slight variation to prev point: western style training with fairly high fitness. I fall in this category. Some of the trainers didn't understand my stance and punching style. Ive trained in boxing and was susceptible to the kicks. Once I go back home I might train in boxing and muay thai and maybe do a couple more advanced classes to show the trainers I improved. Then I maybe can do a fight.
* Tiger is the obvious big kid on the block. They have great marketing but I would suggest looking at the other gyms. I've trained at dragon and don't have complaints as their prices are significantly cheaper. Tiger has a lot of classes but like I said if you're already in shape dragon would be your better bet. Phuket top team is also pretty affordable. If you're not sure where you stand buy a day pass or watch the classes to get a feel of how the people train. That way you don't commit weekly or monthly on a school you dont like.
* I'm 99% sure that if you want to train on Sundays Dragon and unit 27 are only open on this street. Dragon does privates by appointment while unit 27 has 2 classes up until the afternoon.
* AKA is a 15 minute ride away from the street and although I haven't visited their gym their prices scared me off from wanting to visit.

Privates are crazy cheap compared to doing them in America. I'll guarantee unless youre socially awkward that you will meet interesting people on this street.

Future for me
I found out mid trip I could make trips out to Indonesia in the $100-200 range. Only problem is I will waste time during layovers so I had to abort on that mission. Ive done reading that Indonesia generally sucks but there were certain specific things I wanted to knock out on my bucket list. Thailand is a great launch pad to other countries in SEA.

I found out the hard way my phone was locked so I only could use wifi zones for my trip. Unless I want to pay international roaming charges.

I had 500 in the bank and withdrew half that amount. I had to be careful with my baht so I will need a tad bit more next time. In this scenario I used Trip advisor and grab app to get around and visit tourist sites. The cash was for the killer massages.

I'm building up a high value dating profile to get Columbians and Ukrainians. This will take a couple more years!

Summary
Thailand ruined domestic travel for me. It was eye opening and I will hang around Thailand again and visit other SEA countries or visit the Dominican Republic in the near future.

Disclaimer:
I haven't finished my trip and have a week left but I have time to kill at the moment.
Anyone know a cheap gym along the BTS? the last gym I was going to was charging 300bhat for a one time use, fuck that. Here in Ukraine I easily find good gyms that charge the equivalent of 2$ per day. Is there anything like that in bkk with aircon and decent machines?
A lot of condos in BKK has a decent gym so if you haven't book a place, try finding one with a gym and ask for photos or what equipments they have if it's not provided in the listing.
What's up? First post incoming.
Currently I'm in Bangkok. I was in Khaosan the main touristy area but moved to the city center along the BTS line to live more central and be around more action. I've been in Thailand for two weeks and am looking to stay a few more maybe even a month.

I've had a lot of fun and expect there's a lot of fun to be had ahead of me.

I'm running solo at the moment so feel free to message me if you're around. I'll try to shoot some messages to the guys who have said they're still here.
Is it just me or have others been to Thailand and found that it just isn't their scene?

I'm a big fan of Chinese women. Mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwanese, doesn't matter. Also very much enjoy Malaysian women. The ones I meet are usually educated with genuine ethical concern about their country and the world as a whole.

Even Vietnam works for me.

Thailand feels like a weird middle ground between the countries that surround it. To me, it's always felt like it has nothing specific or unique to offer when it comes to women.

The women seem fucked up to me, like they are the ones running the game. My most recent Thai bang was an uncomfortable battle of wills that lasted for hours with a weird looking 5. In the morning, she was trying to get me to give her money for a plane ticket back to Bangkok (we met on a party island).

I know guys on these forums like to talk about about hiso Thai girls, but virtually all the girls I meet in Beijing who have some level of education have a certain level of class about them. They would never ask for or even accept taxi money to get home.

Thoughts?
^ I think you're just meeting the wrong girls and didn't meet the right people. I've taken many trips to Thailand over the years and I always like it more. Over the past few years I've met a lot of people and now have a pretty huge social circle in Bangkok (most foreigners, but some Thais). It gets better when you know the right people. I also don't think I've ever had a girl outright ask me for money, unless it was obvious I was taking home a pro (for example, taking a girl home from Insanity club at 3am). Middle-upper class girls have never asked me for money, and most good looking ones have taken more than 1 night to sleep with.
Key word is party island. If you want to meet quality thai girls, they're all going to be in Bangkok or Chiang Mai to a lesser extent. Uni students, career women,etc.

Islands imo are for picking up western women.
I quite like the island girls. The girls there who are not working girls tend to dress sexier than usual than other places. I feel as a direct result from there being so much whores in these places and sort of rising the level of acceptance of what’s too slutty. I’m talking about Phuket and Samui to be precise.
Also not afraid of the sun and often go to the gyms were common traits which I like.

I’m used to seeing majority of birds wearing pajamas at the beach in Vietnam so i quite enjoyed it.

As for thailand as a whole for me personally it’s always gonna be within top 3 places on the planet. I love it.
(09-02-2019, 02:42 PM)Suits Wrote: Is it just me or have others been to Thailand and found that it just isn't their scene?

I'm a big fan of Chinese women. Mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwanese, doesn't matter. Also very much enjoy Malaysian women. The ones I meet are usually educated with genuine ethical concern about their country and the world as a whole.

Thailand feels like a weird middle ground between the countries that surround it. To me, it's always felt like it has nothing specific or unique to offer when it comes to women.

The women seem fucked up to me, like they are the ones running the game. My most recent Thai bang was an uncomfortable battle of wills that lasted for hours with a weird looking 5. In the morning, she was trying to get me to give her money for a plane ticket back to Bangkok (we met on a party iskjjjkland).

I know guys on these forums like to talk about about hiso Thai girls, but virtually all the girls I meet in Beijing who have some level of education have a certain level of class about them. They would never ask for or even accept taxi money to get home.

Thoughts?

Re: women. Plenty of expats with girlfriends with significant age gap. I met one Thai that was really sweet and if I wasn't in this stage in life I would have considered marrying her. We had fun teasing each other but when she found out I was leaving she clearly was sad. There definitely are good women out there. 

As far as Thailand not being your cup of tea that's fair as I've met some people that didn't like it. One girl complained all she ate was fruit and only came for 1 week. No trolling, she royally wasted her time. Another guy said Thailand sucked compared to Indonesia. Conversely I met a guy that was on his fourth trip. To each their own. 

Bottom line at least for me is Thailand ruined domestic travel in the continental US. Now there were annoying things like language barriers, the international airport is dirty and the layout is terrible, and Bangkok's disgusting air but this was still a must repeat vacation.
(09-02-2019, 02:42 PM)Suits Wrote: Is it just me or have others been to Thailand and found that it just isn't their scene?

The women seem fucked up to me, like they are the ones running the game. My most recent Thai bang was an uncomfortable battle of wills that lasted for hours with a weird looking 5. In the morning, she was trying to get me to give her money for a plane ticket back to Bangkok (we met on a party island).

Thoughts?

Broadly speaking, there are 2 types of Thai girls: the ones that are very Thai and the ones that are westernized to some extent. The westernized ones are usually the ones that have spent time abroad, speak decent English and thus are more familiar with Western culture (through music, videos, movies, etc.). Oftentimes, they are also more educated and from middle class families. They are much more interesting and fun to hangout with. I guess a tiny bit of Western influence is actually a good thing. A subset of this kind of girls are the lower class (semi)-pros and girls who hang out in red-light districts. Another subset of this kind of girls are the half-Thai, half White girls. Those are my personal favorites, because they still have the Asian femininity and class but at the same time there is no culture or language barrier.

The "traditional" Thai ones are completely different in their personality. They are big into Korean dramas, K-pop and the local culture. They barely speak any English (even if they know how to speak it) and don't want anything to do with western foreigners. You can't really talk about anything other than Thai food with them. They are simply not interested in what's going on in the world outside of Thailand. They almost exclusively date Asian men. A subset of this kind of girls are the top 1% (by Thai standards) and the ones that are considered hi-so (the ones from very rich and / or well-known families). Another subset of this kind of girls are lower to middle class girls who don't go out at night at all and exclusively date Thai men.

If you are familiar with the nightlife in Bangkok, you will notice that the same distinction applies there. Almost every club or bar can be considered either a "local club" or a "westernized club". There is not much in between. If you spend some time in Bangkok, it will be quite easy to screen girls and know with what kind of girl you are dealing with. Which brings me to the next point: every experience you make with a Thai girl outside of Bangkok is not representative at all. Bangkok really is the only place that matters for girls, because every other place in Thailand doesn't have enough Thai girls that are open to foreigners to get a good sample size to draw any conclusions.

As for the girl who asked you for "taxi money": I have spent more than 3 years in total in Thailand and never had a single girl ask me for money or taxi money (and maybe 2-3 girls asked me to buy them a drink in the club). Usually that happens when guys come to Thailand and don't really know which venues are good and which are infested by (semi)pros. That girl you met was 100% a (semi)-pro, which is not uncommon on the party islands. Like I said, the amount of normal Thai girls who are open to foreigners and speak decent enough English is very small outside of Bangkok (and maybe Chiang Mai). All the money is in Bangkok, so a girl must have some very good reasons not to move to Bangkok if she is aspiring to work in a job outside the prostitution industry.