The PR. China Thread
I am currently with that art student I met during my short modeling experience and we are together for three weeks (with those weeks apart).
She is pretty but got more of the cute vibe than the sexy ones. To give you an idea, she showed up for the first date wearing an oversized bright red sweater, shapeless jeans, and Converses and came with her backpack from classes, far from what I usually see.
I had this idea of post while on the Vietnamese thread and seeing Dash writing about looking for good girls that can be gf material. So I wrote this long post where I will talk about some points that I noticed in her and also in some of the girls of the same type I have been with over my times in China and it is more or less the only kind of girl I can see myself getting serious with. Of course, that doesn't apply to all girls

-Inexperience:
Most of those girls, as even if they are pretty, fly under the radars of most men because they are not trying hard to get noticed. They also don't go to clubs (my current one has never been to a club in her all life and she is 20yo).
What you will get most of the time is a girl who is completely inexperienced and basically a virgin or feels like one. It often means she had one boyfriend back from high-school for over a year but haven't seen him for several times and had sex with him even less.
My current one is in this case (she started dating with her ex at the last year of high-school where they were busy preparing they university entrance exams, then went to study in differents cities) and my former regular/girlfriend from Shenyang was in that case, except she was still dating that guy when we started seeing each other and she dumped him before doing anything with me.
Sure those girls don't make great sex at first and they were really stressed for the first few times (the kind of stress that will reveal the difference between a genuine inexperienced girl and one who pretends to be).
Once you pass that point, they usually make for me the most enjoyable partners. I cannot think of a better feeling that giving a girl her first orgasm and seeing her face when she basically doesn't know what happened to her. And as you are the first one or the first real one for her, your standards will be her standards.

-The importance of the casual and personal talks:
That goes with the first points.
If you do sexual innuendos, chances are she doesn't get them. How many times did I have those Chinese girls writing me “I am so wet” just to find that they forgot to take an umbrella?
If you talk over sexually to her she will probably freak out.
Talking casuals means talking about yourself and make her speak about herself. Many Chinese men don't do it enough and they will like opening to you which means they will accept you a lot more easily and from there you have a straight path to her hearts and panties.
I know what most of you are thinking: that's the best way to get into the friend zone. Well, here is the magic: man/woman friendship in China is very uncommon (sure a girl may have male colleagues or classmates with whom she talks on a regular basis but talks are more often than not meaningless). Talking about yourself, your feelings and all this kind of stuffs will get you extra points in a heartbeat.

-Saving the face:
I think for a foreigner who arrives the first time in China, it might be the biggest cultural differences between western countries and it gets even more important as far inside the country you get.
I will give you some examples that will probably explain it better than my broken English:
Students in China live in dorms, don't have a shower in their room and most of the time, they do many things with their roommates including going to the public bath. A girl might not shave her pubic hair because she is afraid to ask why she has done it while she is at the bath house.
My ex from Shenyang didn't do it while she was still at her dorm but did as soon as she was out of uni for summer holidays and after graduating.
Many will also don't want to spend the night with you for not having her roommates asking where she was and more importantly with who she was. Students have a curfew (usually between 10 and 12 depending on the day of the week and location of the university) and my current one always leaves me at 9pm for being back on time (I call her Cinderella for that). She did spend last Saturday night with me but pretended to visit her family.
It goes worst for sexuality. Don't expect them to be on any kind of contraceptive just because buying them means to be sexually active and they are afraid to go to a pharmacy and ask for it (most of the pharmacy in smaller cities don't sell any anyway). Some might even think that you see them are sluts if you want to use a condom with them.
They see clubs as a place for men and for bad girl/sluts.

-Relationship with parents:
How many times have I heard Chinese girls saying how much they love their parents and that they have a happy or "harmonious" familly?
Most of the time, Chinese parents don't really care if their daughter dates a foreigner or not (or I have been lucky so far) and the parents of the two Chinese girls I have met so far were good to me, inviting me for dinner, driving me and their daughter around, the parents of my ex from Shenyang even invited me on holidays at Changbaishan (really recommended destination).
The biggest problem they have with me is my not stable life and the fact that I don't want to get married for now. That's why I have broken up with that girl from Shenyang: because their daughter was 26yo, we were more or less together for 4years but I didn't want to get married yet so they told her to either convince me (and that was what they hoped for) or breaking up with me. Same situation with that girl from Lanzhou who was from an even more traditional family and the same happened after a year (in which I spent no more than 3months effectively with her).
The current one wants also to introduce me to her parents this summer which will probably happen and since she will still be a student for at least another year, I won't have wedding talks until then.

-Fake perceptions:
Chinese people will always think they know China and Chinese people better than you even if they never left their hometown and you have traveled in almost every province like I have.
Many times, someone tells me “In China, we...” when another person from another place told me the exact opposite. Actually, I don't really care about all this kind of stuff since I like living in China but not planning on ever becoming Chinese myself.
Also remember that the stereotypes about other countries are pretty common in China. For me it's great: I am French so I am of course romantic (even if what they think is romantic is the complete opposite of what being romantic is)

-Immaturity
In smaller cities, college students will have the maturity of a middle-schooler or at best high-schooler in our countries. In bigger cities less as they might try to look more mature than what they really are (it goes back to saving the face).
That goes for sex but also for many things. A 21years old Chinese guy told me his dream was to play in the NBA, girls are crazy about HelloKitty stuff and small and cute animals (most of the post of my current girl on WeChat are full of pictures of puppies and cute cats).
I finished my first date in an arcade center playing video-game which is great as it allowed you to have a lot of opportunities for teasing and for seemingly innocent touching and she genuinely had a great time. Same goes for dates at a zoo, even if 99% of Chinese zoos looks awful.

There is a lot of points I probably forgot and again, don't think that I am generalizing. Most of the girls in China are not in that category.
Feel free to contribute and debate.
What do you do in China that has you traveling throughout the country for so many years?
I work as an advisor and do research.

Let's stop at this
Back in Jiangsu for one more week before heading to France for three weeks for wedding season.

Got a crazy chinese night on Saturday with friends (Chineses and Westerners). Dinner with baijiu, club with whisky and apple juice/ ice tea and ended up in a KTV from 3-6am drinking beer after beer. Let's be honest, I felt like shit all Sunday and still feeling not very good now. I finished the night with 7 Wechat from girls, 4 of them I don't even remember them and 2 being way below average. I spend most of my day talking with the two first (the two that looked the best and that I actually remember). None of them are good enough for taking things further since I have my girl in Qiqihaer and I don't consider those two as ones I will kick myself for missing an opportunity with. I just keep them on Wechat, in case...

On another note, I might be relocating full time in Yunnan province full time starting mid-October or even before. I like the province and will probably enjoy being there and not spent two third of my life in hotel rooms. Problem is that it's remote and basically on the other side of China of her my girl is (almost a 5hours flight). I will see
Went to the medical check yesterday, a must for foreigners living in China. First time I do it in a smaller city as I usually do it in Nanjing or Beijing. It was pretty funny but none of the nurses were good looking, unfortunately. They were a little bit scared to see a foreigner coming by themselves, since most of the others foreigners they see are probably always coming accompanied by a Chinese person, but could not stop talking to me after I started showing off my Mandarin. It took me twice longer than it usually does.
(06-24-2017, 12:20 AM)TigerT Wrote: Went to the medical check yesterday, a must for foreigners living in China. First time I do it in a smaller city as I usually do it in Nanjing or Beijing. It was pretty funny but none of the nurses were good looking, unfortunately. They were a little bit scared to see a foreigner coming by themselves, since most of the others foreigners they see are probably always coming accompanied by a Chinese person, but could not stop talking to me after I started showing off my Mandarin. It took me twice longer than it usually does.

Having fun at a medical check, makes them so much better.
One doctor was smoking as taking my blood pressure (and asked me my weight and height without checking) and another one was on phone for doing x-ray... That's something I always liked about China, the difference between some young people who take themselves so seriously and old people who in 95% of the situation couldn't give a fuck about anything in the world.

Going back to France the day after tomorrow for 3 weeks, I am gonna missed Chinese wilderness. But I will compensate by eating cheese and big ass steak.
The DGAF attitude is indeed refreshing, until it becomes grating and infuriating. And it's counter-balanced with an avalanche of fucking rules that doesn't make society run smoother, but impedes it.

I'm also leaving for Europe for the summer, can't fucking wait. I'm truly Chinard out at this point, like every time I spend several months in a row in this backwards third-world shithole with delusions of grandeur and have to deal on a daily basis with the idiocy of its inhabitants.

But guess fucking what, after 7 weeks I'll be looking forward to come back here. It's a cycle I've been a part of for many years now.
I guess the biggest positive point of my experience in China is that I haven't been locked in one city so I don't really have time to get annoyed by people. I can imagine that seeing and having to deal with the same people over and over might be annoying.
And I am naturally attracted by shitholes (and believe me, I have seen a lot of them here) places so it never bothers me.
(06-25-2017, 12:04 AM)TigerT Wrote: One doctor was smoking as taking my blood pressure (and asked me my weight and height without checking) and another one was on phone for doing x-ray... That's something I always liked about China, the difference between some young people who take themselves so seriously and old people who in 95% of the situation couldn't give a fuck about anything in the world.

Going back to France the day after tomorrow for 3 weeks, I am gonna missed Chinese wilderness. But I will compensate by eating cheese and big ass steak.

Man this hits me. It is exactly the same in Korea

I love the "realness" or "raw" nature of the older generation.

Sadly, that will probably be gone in 15-20 years or whenever the Korean War generation all dies unless there is Korean reunification
New Post:

Daygame in Korea

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)
I for one can't fucking wait for those old geezers to die and rid the world of their presence.

Let's be real, the older generation in China isn't an example of civility. The cultural revolution, a lifetime spent in a homogeneous country (at times closed off to the rest of the world), the psyche of living in a place with no freedom of speech, an antiquated education system and many unpleasant aspects of their culture haven't bestowed that many good values. Top that with the rigidity of the Cuntfucian system and they will of course, consciously or not, act like entitled fucking assholes with a total disregard for other humans except those above yourself (for when you need to lick their ass).

A lot of problems in China come from this big amount of uneducated, uncivilized oldsters that won't ever change their ways.
For me they are at worst an annoyance like when they put all of their sunflower seeds on a floor, spite like they are about to throw up their lungs, heart and liver, cannot take a shit without putting half on the floor or pushing at the superrmarket at 7.30 to buy eggs...

My real problem lately is with my vpn who cannot stay connected for more than 5 mins in a row. And no VPN makes it virtually impossible to work for me
Arrived in Paris for work and meeting with the people at the institution than send me to China for a couple of days only, and I will go to my hometown this afternoon.

When you are an addict: I didn't turn on Tinder and spend most of the time on TanTan looking for Chinese girls in Paris, mostly foreign students or woman working in France, little tourists. I did pretty well actually (a dozen of matches while being picky), which is always good for the ego. Won't meet anyone of them at least for now, we will see what I will do when I go back there in two weeks time.
I tried TT here in Nam. I matched with a few tourists and a girl that teaches Chinese here, but there aren't a lot C girls here in general it seems. Does Paris have a lot of Chinese FOBs or what?
Paris has a huge number of Chinese who emigrated over the last decade. There is also a big number of Chinese students (one guy from French embassy told me that there is around 40 000 of them, majority in Paris probably). From what I saw, there is also a lot of those so called "artist", girls from rich familly who do basically nothing. I am texting with one now, but cannot say it's really exciting. Basically she has a very high opinion of herself and not very smart at the same time and with a bad temper.

Since you don't speak Chinese and since you seemed to prefer the more developped cities of China, I would recommand you to go to Kunming. City itself is fine, girls are probably the easiest in China, people there are more open toward westerners. Problem: the quality of girls is not that high (still some nice ones, but average might be lower than in eastern China) and some are even dirty and smell sweat... Girls there are also find for ONS in my experience. Never had any psycho or drama queen there. Chengdu is like a better version of Kunming with more difficult girls.
Another option might be to go to "smaller" cities in Jiangsu like Changzhou, Wuxi or Zhenjiang. Cities are developped, not far from Shanghai, and girls look good. Need to work harder for girls.

Shenyang and Harbin are not very easy for quick bangs. I think the main factor of having success there in my case is me. In general, I click better with girls from Dongbei and I find them better looking so I am more willing to make the effort for them which result in more success. If you go there, I cannot affirm you that you will have tons of girls to bang.

Easiest will be Kunming and Nanning maybe is on the same level I would say.
I actually know of Nanning, but it's too underdeveloped, in my opinion, at least right now. They just barely got a metro (1 line) built there. Plus the mandarin spoken there is tough to comprehend. But I think it's allure is its super strategic location. High speed train to GZ/HK and close to the Vietnam border for quick visa runs.

What do you think of Hechi, TigerT? Ever hear of it?
@ Tiger

Thanks for your all information mate.

Having spent a lot of time in the country as well, it feels nice to read all your stories. I was wondering: Do you know a good visa company in china or some universities who can deal a student visa for you easily?
(07-02-2017, 08:50 PM)Exultate Wrote: I actually know of Nanning, but it's too underdeveloped, in my opinion, at least right now. They just barely got a metro (1 line) built there. Plus the mandarin spoken there is tough to comprehend. But I think it's allure is its super strategic location. High speed train to GZ/HK and close to the Vietnam border for quick visa runs.

What do you think of Hechi, TigerT? Ever hear of it?

That's the biggest problem that many might have with my advice. I have been to so many backwater/ creepy small places that a city like Nanning is fine for me. I had a pleasant time there in March. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there again, but if I have to do it, no problem.
Actually I won't be the person to complain about a city in general as long as I can find a supermarket and a place for nightlife other than a KTV. I move a lot, so I never have time to get bored of some places. I guess Nanning might be bad after a while, but I would say that would be the case for 90% of chinese cities for most of people.

Haven't been to Hechi, it's in Guangxi also no? I think I passed beside it when I took the bus from Guiyang (another place that I could have mentioned in my last post) to Nanning.Last time I was in the province, I went to Beihai (not recommended)-Nanning-Chongzuo (for experienced travelers only). Outside of that, I went to Guilin as a tourist.*

@L'innovateur:

Luckily, since of my work situation, I have never had any problem with my visa. I came with a working visa (Z visa) in 2010 and was able to extant my residence permit every year.
For you visa, if possible, I would advise you to do it in SEA (in Kuala Lumpur for example), they uses to give it very easily and were not asking for a lot of paper (until 2013 at least from what I know).
I met this creepy Spanish guy in Lanzhou (guy was rubbing my back as I was kissing and making out with one of his colleagues) who extanded his tourist visa in China, before he started to work. Don't remember more than that actually. Since I have never had to worry about that, I am no expert on the matter.
For me every year, I do medical check, leave my passport at the police station with the working permit of my welcoming institution and they extant my residence permit.
There's nothing wrong with the backwards parts of China if you're traveling and seeking an adventure. In that case, the bigger, more modern cities should probably be avoided (to a degree).

However, for living, it's an entirely different matter. Once you spend a year or two in a place and are earning an income there, you realize that unless you make a big life decision at some point, you'll still be there in 10 years.

That's when you start asking yourself the big question: "Is this the best I can do? I am really satisfied with this lifestyle?"

If you're just doing a couple weeks here and there, those questions don't tend to surface. Usually, most travelers get to a point where they don't want to travel so much and want to establish a home base somewhere and that may to lead to asking questions about which location will give them the most satisfying standard of living.

I'm a long term expat (I've been in Beijing for the last three years and have done a total of 6 years in Beijing and Tianjin) and I'm really glad that I live in a first tier city.

Living in Tianjin (although not that bad by comparison to many places in China) was rough. Low class men would heckle me on the street based on nothing more than the colour of my skin and their was a over-riding lack of quality. Good Chinese food could be found, but if you wanted good international food, options were limited.

I love living in Beijing, though. This city is truly world class. The size of the place is a disadvantage, as it takes a long time to get from place to place and the air quality is obviously a problem, but the range of things that you can do with your time, the tastes and hobbies you can enjoy and the people you can meet is huge.

I don't want to stay in Beijing for life, but while I'm here, there's a lot to enjoy.
I should have taught English 1 year in China instead of Korea for so many.

I might actually end up in China anyways at an International School next year.

Good English teaching route is

1st year - Seoul

2nd year - Shanghai (Maybe Shenzen)

3rd year - Tokyo

Would make for a nice comparison.