The PR. China Thread
Big fan of China. I've been here for 7 years now. It's at times frustrating, boring, grating, but also stimulating, interesting, and with all things considered and with the right attitude, a good place to live and pile up money. I speak for myself of course, I know many guys who find China to be grossly incompatible with their personalities or expectations or needs, but myself, I fucking love it.

I could draw a long list of pros and cons, and many things would line up with other places in the world without being specific to China (for instance, I love Chinese food, but I also love Thai, Italian, Turkish, Indian, etc. etc. etc. food so it doesn't help much to list it) but here are more specific things that keep me here:

- China is the perfect balance between developed (ie expensive) and third-world (ie shitty living conditions and infrastructure) countries. Sure, some parts of the countryside are still in the 13th century, but where I live, on the outskirts of a tier-2 city, is developed and clean and still real cheap. There's still a give-no-fucks cowboy vibe, with outdoor BBQ and rarely-enforced rules and the grit that makes life interesting, but I can also commute with high-level transportation, order good IPA beers from the internet, etc. you get the idea.

- People are generally optimistic, and there's not as much if any miserable self-loathing like in the west.

- It's very very safe. I'm talking street crime here. Sure, you can run into trouble and no place in the world is 100% safe, but street crime is pretty much non-existent. That's a VERY important aspect of long-term living in a place.

- My favorite: being a visible foreigner, you're faced with an interesting dichotomy. One on hand, if you want to be social, it's very easy to approach groups of people in a bar or public place, because they're genuinely interested in you. But if you want to be left alone and tune out the bullshit of daily life, you can. I'm at times talkative and social, but also very introverted, so I love this aspect.

One thing that had been emphasized in the OP is the importance of learning Chinese (provided you stay for a long time of course) and I reiterate it. Not to mean that you'll get nowhere with only English, but Chinese definitely helps a ton.

AMA if you want to know anything about China. TigerT and the other guys' posts so far are spot on too.
Good to have another sinophile on board.
I saw in your introduction post that you live in Central China, it's great because Hubei, Hunan, Anhui and Jiangxi are provinces where I basically never go so you will be able to give new intel on those places for me in case I travel there in future.
Agree with you on your points. I will confirm that street crimes are barely inexistent at least toward us, foreigners. One of the few risks you might encounters are online or phones scams but they are all avoidable if you are a minimum careful. Need to be careful with fake taxis as well but that's common sense.
Great you like living here.

On another not, my modeling experience turned out to be very cool to do but disappointing on the girl side. I got the WeChat of the best-looking one, but nothing more than that. I am now in a small town of Baicheng county (Jilin Province) after a very slow train trip.
You live in Shanghai, so yes things are not as good as they were just 5years ago. And now that many 2nd and 3rd tier cities are getting developed, I would rather stay there or even in smaller places.
Many women in Shanghai, and that's the same in surrounding cities like Nanjing, think that they are "men's greatest gift" and will not be a good time at all.
Good-looking students in Shanghai are all more or less taking that path while they are young, cannot blame them for taking advantage of their situation. Most of the time it's those girls that will turn as laowai hunters in a few years once that rich dude found a younger mistress. You will find some in most cities actually, but I usually go for the cute type students more than the good-looking ones for relationships.
You say they are arrogant, it's true, but most of them are not very difficult to get at the same time. If you are looking for a short term relationship, it's not a problem.
As for the male model type foreigner punching below their weight, don't underestimate the number of golddiggers in them as well. On of my friend (from Belgium) is now "happily" married with a older, uglier divorced and rich chinese lady

But I definitely agree with you about Shanghai being better 5years ago than now. Especially, if you live on a teacher's salary. I stay in Shanghai usually for a short time (4-5days max) so I may be getting more of the businessman vibe than not and get more ONS for the fact that I represent inconsequential sex for many of them.
Shanghai? I thought this thread was about China Smile

@Vic Vega, can you ching the chong? If you can only speak English to them, that severely limits the dating pool.

If you have some sort of mobility and are not tied to Shanghai, I'd recommend going to a Tier-2 city. It's got the advantages of both the metropolises and small towns with few of the drawbacks. Tier-2 cities used to be gritty, third-worldy places where you'd be lucky to find pizza or more than a few like-minded laowai to hang out with but many of them are quite lively now and changing exponentially quickly.
(05-25-2017, 10:26 PM)Vic Vega Wrote: I've been in China for a while and gotten sick of it by now. Looking for greener and cheaper pastures.

I don't know how you guys are enjoying it these days. I'm seeing lots of good looking, male model type foreigners punching way below their weight. But then I'm in Shanghai, so the novelty of being laowai is pretty much completely gone here. But I also hear the same thing happens in all the other main tier 1 cities. Girls that will actually fuck with laowai in Shanghai, Beijing, etc are extremely cocky and arrogant generally now. They think they deserve the perfect foreign man. And the competition for laowai hunters in these cities is still pretty high with the amount of young European & Anglosphere men continuing to flood the cities looking for work or studying.

That's not to say that it's hard to get laid now. I recently came back after a year of being away and living in another city, and I banged some slut my second night back and then a bunch of others off tantan. But you'll mostly be banging late 20s or older women who have been on the white cock carousel already that local males wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Good luck fucking any hot 18-19 year olds. They're being courted by extremely rich Chinese males that have never-ending wealth. And no, no amount of 'game' or looks will save you here. You will never be able to compete with the corrupt money that these guys have. These guys drop tons of $$$ on girls like it's nothing, and are driving several lambos and maseratis and shit. 99.9% of hot Chinese girls are materialistic as shit, and don't give a shit about game. Being seen with a poor foreigner is a major loss of face for them.

Not happy with a young cute 7?

The elite girls of any country are not going to be easy to get. 8-10s
(05-26-2017, 01:27 AM)shalabadoo Wrote: Shanghai? I thought this thread was about China Smile

@Vic Vega, can you ching the chong? If you can only speak English to them, that severely limits the dating pool.

If you have some sort of mobility and are not tied to Shanghai, I'd recommend going to a Tier-2 city. It's got the advantages of both the metropolises and small towns with few of the drawbacks. Tier-2 cities used to be gritty, third-worldy places where you'd be lucky to find pizza or more than a few like-minded laowai to hang out with but many of them are quite lively now and changing exponentially quickly

That's why we have two different threads as Shanghai (even more than Beijing in my opinion) is completely different than the rest. What I have been written here cannot and should not be compare to what and how Shanghai is. After I am going often to really small cities for Chinese standards and I haven't seen another foreigner in three weeks since I met those Asian-looking Russian students.

Probably you had the same experience, but the first year I was in China, I went for a date in a Pizza Hut and it was basically the most fashionable place in the whole city and the girl was really excited to go there.

@Dash
Those young cute 7 you are talking about are basically who I am aiming for most of the time and I am perfectly fine with that. 
If you are going for the next Fan BingBing or Angela Baby sure it's going to be difficult.
[Image: 179a6f9f367b6795bf23e77511fdde2d.jpg]
[Image: the-ghouls-photocall-and-press-conferenc...stival.jpg]
Not sure id call a 7 "hot". Cute - attractive come to mind moreso.

You see her and think she looks nice.

Hot girls make you go wow and break your neck lol

You can def get 6's in Korea with a few 7s.

From everything I read, China is easier than Korea.

However, if you don't live in a tier 1 city I imagine your experience could be much different.
There will always be a small group of girls who are open to date foreigners or actively seeking it, no matter how much the Chinese men improve their status. For various reasons, the good, the bad and the neutral.

And that's the thing also, you can't just cruise around expecting Chinese chicks to throw themselves at you just because you're white. White guys who say they're killing it in China are either:

1- lying/grossly exaggerating
2- p4p
3- good-looking, charming guys who would get laid anywhere

So yeah, being in Tier-2 is an advantage because the exotic factor is higher, but it's not the end of it, never has been, never will be.

(I know it's obvious and I'm not trying to be condescending here, just adding to the conversation)
I think our idea of a 7 is a little different.

I can not imagine every last 7 (should be a fuck load in a city like Shanghai) is taken or unavailable.

I think you are rating 7s a little too low. ie Your 7 is probably my 8.

If you do online game, key is to get to them (message and take on date) ASAP. The early bird gets the worm.

Or be an approach machine in the daytime and evening.
Id come to Vietnam with atleast 2 months living expenses.

2 Months
Rent: 600 (200 of that is deposit)
Food: 200
Fun: 300
Misc: 250
Total: 1350

If need be you could live like a hermit and get by on 800-1,000.

Also, join all the various VN facebook groups. Search these key words, HCM, HCMC, Ho Chi Minh, Saigon, Vietnam, Teachers, ESL, Jobs, Expat etc
(05-26-2017, 04:50 AM)shalabadoo Wrote: And that's the thing also, you can't just cruise around expecting Chinese chicks to throw themselves at you just because you're white. White guys who say they're killing it in China are either:

1- lying/grossly exaggerating
2- p4p
3- good-looking, charming guys who would get laid anywhere

So yeah, being in Tier-2 is an advantage because the exotic factor is higher, but it's not the end of it, never has been, never will be.

That's the truest statement you can find about white men in China.
Depends what you are calling killing it, but I would say the guys that go on saying they banged over 100 Chinese girls per year are lying or are doing that full time.That's especially true for the guys that cannot speak any chinese.
Sure, it's probably easier in China than in Western countries for the average guy but doesn't mean you can get any girl within 5minutes even in smaller cities.

I don't think it will be easier to sleep around in tier 3rd cities or in even smaller cities since they are way more traditional and the english skills of the girls going out is basically near 0. If you look for a girlfriend/wife, then there it's better.
2nd tier cities are clearly the best for getting girls in my opinion.

@Dash:
From what I have seen in my little time in Seoul and my experience in China:
S.Korean are way better in average. My feeling is that Korean as a lot of good looking women but they often lack the little something that would make them real stunners (or to break your neck to use your expression). Again I have only a small sample to compare and I am sure it's possible to find those girls with a little bit of work.
In China there is maybe more of those 8-9-10s but there is also a lot more that I would not touch after several shots.
Yea, for sure.

It's an established fact that Korea has better looking girls on average than China. And arguably anywhere in the world.

You would literally fuck 80-90% of the girls you pass on the street, mall, train etc.
(05-26-2017, 05:57 AM)Vic Vega Wrote: I still very much want to check out some of the tier 3+ cities with hardly any foreigners while they're still relatively untouched, so I'd come back for that for sure.

Careful what you wish for. I praised tier-2 cities, but wouldn't wanna move to a tier-3 city at this point of my life.

For clarification, tier 1 is Shanghai, Gayjing, Shenzhen and Guangzhou. Hong Kong also if you include it.

Tier 2 would be large provincial cities, with several universities, an airport with direct international flights, a large expat/foreign student community (well, "large" by Chinese standards, let's not forget that some of those cities have populations of 8-10 million so the numbers of expats is dwarved), and at least a modicum of internationalism in the form of bars, foreign restaurants, cultural events. All provincial cities fit that bill, and a few large cities like Qingdao as well.

Tier 3 cities meanwhile are just smaller (though some have up to 6 million people) and more insignificant. Yes, they will have less foreigners, or even none at all, but that's not a good thing. It's just the swing of the pendulum from places like Jing'an or Xuhui or Wudaokou where you can't throw a tennis ball at random without hitting some French hipster in his smug oversized glasses. Tier 3 cities will have no entertainment options except KTVs and maybe a crappy bar or two. And the girls? More chances of them being badly-dressed, badly-groomed, and have abyssal sex education and "tradishunurr values". The novelty is gonna wear off real quick.
Haha, I've been to and lived in a couple backwards shitholes already, so I'm not worried-- I'm used to it now. Cities like Changs, etc.

I plan to explore even more backwoods and lesser known cities to see if foreigners are still in demand and hot, young girls are easy. I guess you gotta be careful though, some shitholes like Changsha are still pretty backwards. I hear cases of HIV among college girls is skyrocketing there.
Changsha and Chongqing are both shining examples of Tier-2. You gotta go smaller to see my point.
I don't think most foreigners like "flat noses" or "squinty eyes".

For skin color, I think foreigners simply don't care if a girl is white or tan.

The main difference I see is Asian guys prefer slimmer girls (esp in the waist, ass, and thighs) while foreigners like girls with curves.

I think both like nice big ol round teddies.

I just googled Tian Jing. China def has better than her. She wears too much make up in many pics and when the pic is not filtered not too impressive.

I just got done with a date here in Vietnam and id rate my date better facially.

Now Yifei Liu is def a top tier Asian girl.

Fan Bingbing looks kind of strange. Can tell she has had some work done on her face.
(06-01-2017, 12:39 PM)Vic Vega Wrote: I was talking with a guy I know in a tier 1 city and he shared a conversation he had with another foreigner. They were complaining about the summer being slow and getting no interest from girls, and that China's never been shittier. Many, many other guys are saying the same thing.

China is done. It's going the way of Japan and S. Korea before it. And the govt is cracking down on everything illegal and the whole 'Wild Wild West' aspect that attracted foreigners to it in the first place. All you have now is a sexless third world shithole with shiny, tall buildings and hostile, xenophobic people who hate foreigners.

There's no way anybody is sport-fucking 18-22 year old 8/10+ Chinese girls unless you're a 6' 5" Aryan superman-looking rich male model in a tier 88 shithole way out in the sticks.

Not the first time I've heard this sentiment. How did China get to be so xenophobic? I believe the most foreign friendly people in China are from Guangdong or Shanghai. But yes, the government is now adding restrictions and rules like the new finger printing thing in Shenzhen and the foreign work visa classes.
I have heard that also several times but I have never had any problem of what so ever nature in almost 7years now and I have been to places that you will consider worst than shitholes (last winter I spent a month and a half at a village in a rural county).
If you consider being called a "laowai" and people looking at you as xenephobic acts, yeah sure, then Chinese are.

And I would be curious to know if there is a place in the world where anybody can focus entirely on "18-22years old 8/10 girls" and have get a different one every night.
I was in Nanjing just last weekend and in a club I still got plenty of attention from girls so I am really really surprised by your post.
(06-01-2017, 11:13 PM)TigerT Wrote: And I would be curious to know if there is a place in the world where anybody can focus entirely on "18-22years old 8/10 girls" and have get a different one every night.

Exactly. China is a good place to meet girls but nobody says it would be a walk in the park.

Also, xenophobia has always been and will always be a thing in a country that is 99% homogeneous, has a notoriously backwards culture that promotes anti-intellectualism, and has a population that shows a superiority complex and an inferiority complex at the same time. Plus in the last few years with the political and economic emergence there's always the need for a new scapegoat, a foreign boogeyman. 

But how does it affect you, as an individual? There are no fucking pogroms or mobs of Chinamen going around trying to lynch whitey. The average nongsters are still curious, friendly and not bothered by a small amount of foreign residents here and there. Yeah, you'll "never be Chinese" but who the fuck wants to be Chinese anyway? 

You keep hearing that bullshit about how "China was better back in the day", ironically often from the mouths of newcomers, but guess fucking what, places change. You hear that drivel about every damn country there is.

The "wild west" aspect is still alive and kicking, believe me. Except that now (compared to when I moved here in 2008) there are high-speed trains, infinitely better infrastructure, a vast plethora of foreign food and booze I can access easily and improve my quality of life, and more importantly, plenty of moneyed locals whom I can make a living from.

And Chinese chicks? It's summertime now, they're out in force, wearing the shortest of shorts. Go fuckin talk to them.
Definitely agree with you Shalabadoo on the "wild west side", even in the bigger eastern cities you will find them as long as you get out of the city center.
And in many places, it is and always has been pretty wild. Maybe the look of Chinese cities has changed recently with all those new constructions but the people haven't. That will take a lot longer. You will still have people sitting in the street, kids with split trousers and disgusting public toilets for a long time.

About the racist/xenophobic, I was under that impression that those people were saying bad things about me until I reached a certain level in Chinese. I then understood that those old people were proud to see their city having foreigners, those boys that they wanted to talk to me and be my friends and those girls talking about how handsome I was.
I also think that Chinese may have problems with foreign countries but not with foreign people:
-They don't like America but are copying the American lifestyle.
-They don't like Japan but basically dream to be Japanese
-France is an arrogant little country that gives lessons to everybody but Frenchmen are "Romantic and Fashionable"

(06-02-2017, 03:09 AM)shalabadoo Wrote: And Chinese chicks? It's summertime now, they're out in force, wearing the shortest of shorts. Go fuckin talk to them.

God, I like that time of the year. Except I am always afraid to see hairy armpits on cute girls.