Passport Visa Tips & Tricks
Another successful Polish border run on Monday.

Flew out from Gdansk to Kiev at noon, then flew back the same evening to Poznan. Took a train back to Gdansk the next day.

No issues.
(For US citizens) In Thailand when you enter by plane you get 30 days. For an additional 30 day visa you can go to Bumrungrad International Hospital in Nana, 10th floor, and avoid going to immigration. The catch is that you have to show up on Saturday between 7:30am until about 12:30pm. I showed up at 8am to avoid waiting for too long. The entire process took about 1 hour and cost a bit less than 3,000 Baht. It's a pain in the ass to wake up that early on a Saturday afternoon but it beats going to the immigration office or applying for an extended visa at an embassy.
Very useful thread.

Not a passport / visa tip.. but travel related--

I mostly travel on one-way tickets, and make the decision about my next destination after I arrive. I like to stay flexible.

To avoid any hassle about onward tickets at check-in, I will buy my onward ticket through Orbitz (24 hour free cancellation) typically several hours before I head to airport. After I get through check-in (where they normally will ask to see my onward ticket), I'll cancel the ticket. Or, if it's a short flight I may wait to cancel it after I arrive at destination. The whole process takes less than a few minutes out of my day and $0.

Lots of guys here seem want to go to Philippines.. Make sure you have an onward ticket if you're flying there on a one-way.
Depends on your paasport. Mine is German and they didn't ask for anything in the Philippines. Actually it didn't matter where I go I never had any immigration issue.
Some of my friends are Canadian, they made the same experience. These passports are Jackpot.

Ah yes and regarding the Israeli thing. You don't get a stamp when you travel there. You get blue card that you have to keep until you leave the country.
But take care: in Eilat in the South there are two border crossings which make it possible to travel to Jordan and Egypt. If you decide to do that, of course you will get a stamp from these countries. And that one will show that you came from Israel.
Also important: when you fly over Riad in Saudi Arabia and stay in the transit zone they wont control your passport. I don't know about other airports in strict Muslim countries though.
Besides I also have a friend who could enter Iran although he had this Israeli stamp issue. Still I wouldn't recommend it.
Have heard from an acquaintance of an acquaintance that Russia denied his visa since he had too many Ukrainian stamps in his Dutch passport - like a dozen.

Curious if we have a better source on that.

My guess is, if you really want to get around it, get a new passport. During my previous border run with my new passport (old one was full of stamps), the Polish border guard asked me if it was my first time in Poland ... lol
Just finished another Polish border run.

This time I flew from Gdansk (Poland) to Lviv (Ukraine, which is outside Schengen), then back to Katowice (Poland). On the train from Katowice to Gdansk now.

No significant visa issues.

I was pulled aside at immigration at Gdansk, but only likely because the officer didn't know about the loophole (seems like 10% of officers). The next officer they had me meet knew the loophole though, stamped my passport, and let me through - a five minute delay at most, though I try to budget thirty minutes for Polish immigration for these situations.

I should note that at Lviv airport, like most other non-hub European airports (like Kiev Zhulany or London Stansted, the latter of which I've recommended against before on this thread), you must go through immigration on arrival (there are signs to transfer in Lviv, but they don't let you do this, at least not without explaining, which I didn't try, since I don't speak Ukrainian or Russian). So, if your transfer time is under an hour (or more, depending on immigration on arrival, check-in, security, & immigration on departure), you will be too late for your transferring flight. Ukrainian immigration usually takes fifteen minutes or less.

At immigration in Katowice, they did ask me if I had a residency permit (no), if I have a hotel booking (no), if I have a return ticket (no), and how much money I had (I answered with a question, "cash or everything?", nothing more after that), but then they must've figured out the loophole, either on their computer screen, or by looking at the Polish stamps in my passport. So, after a few minutes of paging through my passport, they stamped my passport, and let me through.

The line before this point though was about 45 minutes, too late to catch the bus. Since my schedule to the train was tight, I took UberX. UberX to the train station in Katowice was 110 PLN and took an hour with light traffic (though I saw heavy traffic going the other direction - out of the city - since it was evening rush hour).
Just left Poland, to move to Ukraine (assuming some job just for the visa comes through, since I've heard Ukraine is cracking down on overstays).

So this may be my last update on Polish border runs.

I passed through immigration at Warsaw Chopin Airport without even a question.
As I mentioned in another post ( https://swooptheworld.com/forum/showthre...90#pid7590 ), I'm in a country where I not only have to carry my passport around everywhere, but two other small sheets of paper as well.

To prepare for the worst, I've put them inside a plastic bag that's clear, so if I lose it, folks will see that it's a passport. I also put a card inside the bag that shows my full name, phone number (with the words WhatsApp/Viber in front of it), and e-mail address. The card is sized and placed in between the words "Passport" and "United States of America" on the front. So, if a decent person finds my lost passport, they'll easily be able to contact me. I have a similar card in my wallet.

That's on top of me keeping my American passport card in whatever lodging I'm staying in (in a binder/folio with the rest of my important papers). That way, I can at least more easily apply for a new passport book at the nearest American embassy.
Has anyone ever tried carefully peeling off an old visa page in their passport for a new one? Too lazy to go to the embassy.

I read some of these third world SEA countries won't even notice the difference, but if you rip it you're fucked lol.
(11-20-2018, 12:56 AM)Vic Vega Wrote: Has anyone ever tried carefully peeling off an old visa page in their passport for a new one? Too lazy to go to the embassy.

I read some of these third world SEA countries won't even notice the difference, but if you rip it you're fucked lol.

When I was running out of space for stamps in my last passport, I tried to peel off a Japanese visa sticker from one of the pages.

Didn't work, at least by my hand. In some spots, I pulled up the top layer of the visa page, and in other spots, I left some of the sticker.
Just linking to what I did to get the Russian visa in Tbilisi, Georgia: https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/show...49#pid7449