Can't Miss Travel Wonders of the World and Unknown Gems
Part 1: What are the places you have been that have absolutely taken your breath away? The amazing places of the world no man should die without seeing.

Part 2: What are some places you have been that are not well known, but that ended up being amazing.

1) -The Great Pyramids of Giza, absolutely majestic and I can feel how ancient they are just being close. Really a special experience. 
-The Taj Mahal, recently saw this and I can understand why it's one of the wonders of the world... it will absolutely take your breath away, especially around sunrise.
-Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. I know it's not the coolest answer because it's a famous resort location, but there is a reason it's so famous... it is literally paradise on earth. Would recommend staying at a resort here for a few days to anybody.

2) A place that really blew my mind in natural beauty, now having travelled all over the world is actually Montana. Just take a drive through that state and you will not believe the natural beauty you see. Way better than Colorado and many other well known places. Also be ready to see wolves, bears, dear, elk, moose, etc..
- Polish center squares. I never imagined Poland would be such a beautiful place, but if you get to the center of the city you will see some amazing architecture and a great vibe.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
Great topic for travel ideas.
I will contribute:

1) - Borobudur (Java, Indonesia). Stunning and imposing construction over a thousand years old. Worth of going for sunrise, even if it means missing a night out.
- Bunaken and Siladen island (Sulawesi island, Indonesia). Some of the best beaches, snorkeling and scuba diving in the world.
-Huangshan -> Yellow mountain (China). One of the nicest landscape and sunrise I have ever seen. Better avoid the touristical period as the place is overrun by chinese tourist groups during holidays.
-Barcelona (Spain) is a must go for anyone going to Western Europe. Great mix between nightlife, visiting and eating. I have been there half a dozen times, always enjoyed my time.

2) -Kyrgyzstan: Some of the nicest landscape I have ever seen.
-Sichuan province, China: Most of people know this place as the home of pandas and go there for this reason only. There is many place to go: the pristine lakes of Jiuzhaigou, the Giant Buddha of Leshan, great bird watching in Emeishan, you can have a taste of the Tibetan lifestyle without having to apply for the permit to go to the province of Tibet and, well, the pandas breeding center in Chengdu. Lot of great spicy food and what are supposed to be some of the most beautiful girls in China (I don't agree).
(03-23-2017, 04:57 AM)20Nation Wrote: Part 1: What are the places you have been that have absolutely taken your breath away? The amazing places of the world no man should die without seeing.

Part 2: What are some places you have been that are not well known, but that ended up being amazing.

-Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. I know it's not the coolest answer because it's a famous resort location, but there is a reason it's so famous... it is literally paradise on earth. Would recommend staying at a resort here for a few days to anybody.

20Nation, is Punta Cana prettier than Boca Chica?
-See the northern (southern) lights.

-Go on a Safari.

-Experience Easter Island.

-Stay one night in an Underwater hotel.

-Walk Machu Picchu.

-Spend a week or two in Florence Italy and see many of the works there that inspired men after the Dark Ages.

-Take the Trans-Siberian Railroad.

-See the Temples of Angkor Wat in Cambodia.

-Explore the British Museum. It may sound lame but the treasures there are numerous, then maybe a look-see at the V&A Museum.

-Visit the Palm Islands in Dubai.

-See Antarctica.

-Walk on the The Great Wall of China.

-Swim in the San Alfonso del Mar Swimming pool in Chile.

-See Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany.

-Get out in a sailboat for 10 days on the ocean.

-Visit the Island of Huahine (where you have sex on the beach with at least one beautiful Tahitian girl).

-Adventure anywhere with your best friends.
Get busy living or get busy dying!
(03-30-2017, 01:50 AM)brianmark Wrote:
(03-23-2017, 04:57 AM)20Nation Wrote: Part 1: What are the places you have been that have absolutely taken your breath away? The amazing places of the world no man should die without seeing.

20Nation, is Punta Cana prettier than Boca Chica?

a million times better. Cant even compare
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
One more you missed in South America - Galapagos islands.
Very hard to get to on Budget but if you are already in Colombia or Ecuador definitely check it out.

Amazing experience being surrounded by wildlife that is not afraid of you.
Part 1 - breathtaking places

Swiss mountains and lakes / rivers. Absolutely stunning, almost no pollution. No need to visit the tourist hotspots such as Interlaken, Gstaad or Zermatt. There are many areas that only locals go to. Attention: Switzerland is one of the worst countries for girls, and it's also pretty expensive...

Cote d'Azur in Provence, southern France. Beautiful villages, the sea at times is as beautiful as I imagine Bora Bora or Vanuatu.

Part 2 - amazing places that are not well-known

Most world famous places have a lot of tourists. I don't care if the tourists are locals, chinese or westerners - if there are selfie sticks around, the magic is gone in my opinion. That's why I visit attractions with 90% - 99% less tourists.
In Paris: Eiffel Tower => Tour Montparnasse
In HK: Victoria Peak => Lions Rock or Mount Butler
In Venice: Venice at 3pm => Venice at 3am

I think we all want to see those world wonders, be it out of curiosity, be it for selfshots and making our ex girlfriends jealous, whatever. But those places are well knows for a reason, and more often than not it's expensive and touristy.
A proper strategy is needed in order to enjoy those places without being surrounded with 1000 other tourists.
I agree with THC on this and will add the pics to mine.

Dive the Great Barrier Reef,

[Image: reef-rings.jpg?width=1024&height=437&mod...012,0.4675]

Visit Easter Island in the Pacific

[Image: easter-island.jpg]

Frolic with wild life in the Galapagos Islands

[Image: tortoise-darwin-research-station.640x320.jpg]

See the Emperor Penguins in Antarctica

[Image: emperor-penguin-colony.jpg]

Great Pyramids f Egypt

[Image: Great-Pyramid-Of-Giza-Khufu-Cheops-Egypt-01.jpg]

Just to name a few!!! that I want to see.

Here are the ones I have already seen. Just a few

The Panama Canal

[Image: Panama-Canal.jpg]

Mendenhall Glacier

[Image: mendenhallglacier.jpg]

Mayan temples in Cozumel

[Image: cozumel-mayan-ruins-and-island-overview.jpg]
Life is too short for the bullshit and mediocrity!!
Guys, this thread is useless without pics. 

My favourite travel experiences

The Great Wall of China

[Image: beijing_dazhenyu_great_wall.jpg]

Terracotta army

[Image: IV5Coc7.jpg]

Hiking the Angel's Landing rock

[Image: http%3A%2F%2Fhss-prod.hss.aol.com%2Fhss%...159618.jpg]

Hiking the Cotopaxi (active volcano)

[Image: Horses-at-Cotopaxi.jpg]

St Peter's Basillica, it's one of the most impressive buildings 

[Image: stpeters5.jpg]

A walk in the Giant Sequoia National Park