What are you worst travel experiences?
I've had some bad travel experiences, but luckily nothing horrible. From the top of my head:

- Lady boy fight (in Thailand and in Brazil, it's becoming a habit almost)
- Almost got drugged by a girl in Colombia 
- Death threats from a whore in Haiti after I shored she changed her mind and flipped out

What were your worst travel experiences and where did they took place?
(03-21-2017, 01:01 PM)TravelHardcore Wrote: I've had some bad travel experiences, but luckily nothing horrible. From the top of my head:

- Lady boy fight (in Thailand and in Brazil, it's becoming a habit almost)
- Almost got drugged by a girl in Colombia 
- Death threats from a whore in Haiti after I shored she changed her mind and flipped out

What were your worst travel experiences and where did they took place?

Met a gorgeous chick in Thailand.  I'd say she was about a 9.5. Had a great time with her and decided to come back 6 months later and visit thailand again. Much to my surprise when I was greeted by the same chick when I arrived at my hotel I found out she had gained  30 lbs! Unfortunately I had already booked a flight for her and eye to Koh Samui and Krabi. So we spent some time traveling and somehow we got talking about ex's and ot came up that I had dated a American Filipina several years ago.  Turns out this chick was racist because her ex fiance had cheated with a Filipina and she hated Filipina's. She flipped out on me.  I spent a couple uncomfortable days with a fat chick,  who was ready to rip my head off.  Luckily I made an excuse and booked it to Pattaya for 7 days of heaven. It's usually not my thing to p4p because pipeling is so easy in Thailand but I needed to just relax and forget  about this crappy situation. Always ask for pics regulary if you are visiting some chick for a second round and don't talk about ex's or make shit up.
(03-21-2017, 03:05 PM)Traveltothemax Wrote: Met a gorgeous chick in Thailand.  I'd say she was about a 9.5. Had a great time with her and decided to come back 6 months later and visit thailand again. Much to my surprise when I was greeted by the same chick when I arrived at my hotel I found out she had gained  30 lbs! Unfortunately I had already booked a flight for her and eye to Koh Samui and Krabi. So we spent some time traveling and somehow we got talking about ex's and ot came up that I had dated a American Filipina several years ago.  Turns out this chick was racist because her ex fiance had cheated with a Filipina and she hated Filipina's. She flipped out on me.  I spent a couple uncomfortable days with a fat chick,  who was ready to rip my head off.  Luckily I made an excuse and booked it to Pattaya for 7 days of heaven. It's usually not my thing to p4p because pipeling is so easy in Thailand but I needed to just relax and forget  about this crappy situation. Always ask for pics regulary if you are visiting some chick for a second round and don't talk about ex's or make shit up.

Yeah i am pretty sure you learnt your lesson on that one, on another note you should have just gave her the pipe pretty sure thats what she wanted over and over again.
Life is too short for the bullshit and mediocrity!!
Crashing a motorbike due to a woman pulling out in front of me without looking, then having my iPad stolen a few days later. What doesn't kill you...
(03-21-2017, 06:12 PM)DAone27 Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 03:05 PM)Traveltothemax Wrote: Met a gorgeous chick in Thailand.  I'd say she was about a 9.5. Had a great time with her and decided to come back 6 months later and visit thailand again. Much to my surprise when I was greeted by the same chick when I arrived at my hotel I found out she had gained  30 lbs! Unfortunately I had already booked a flight for her and eye to Koh Samui and Krabi. So we spent some time traveling and somehow we got talking about ex's and ot came up that I had dated a American Filipina several years ago.  Turns out this chick was racist because her ex fiance had cheated with a Filipina and she hated Filipina's. She flipped out on me.  I spent a couple uncomfortable days with a fat chick,  who was ready to rip my head off.  Luckily I made an excuse and booked it to Pattaya for 7 days of heaven. It's usually not my thing to p4p because pipeling is so easy in Thailand but I needed to just relax and forget  about this crappy situation. Always ask for pics regulary if you are visiting some chick for a second round and don't talk about ex's or make shit up.

Yeah i am pretty sure you learnt your lesson on that one, on another note you should have just gave her the pipe pretty sure thats what she wanted over and over again.
Of course I gave her the pipe numerous times but then the bitch found out I had a Filipina gf and she said if she had known you had fucked a Filipina I would never have you touch my pussy. After that I kicked that biotch out of my room and made her pay her ticket back to Bangkok from Krabi.
getting fucked around by immigration for weeks on end being their little bitch slave running from one office to the next
helping guys find the hottest girls at GuysNightlife
(03-22-2017, 02:42 AM)guys Wrote: getting fucked around by immigration for weeks on end being their little bitch slave running from one office to the next

Sounds brutal. Which country was that?
Shored 2 girls (or was) until they started doing heroin in my room. I was like WTF lol
Was helping a friend get away from this crazy girl in the Philippines.  She was screaming like a banshee when a guy came over and pulled a knife.  Took off the belt and snapped the whiteknight in the forehead.  Getting ready for more when the lightbulb turned on that some of these guys there really know how to use a knife.  We exited stage left. 

Travel is a great thing and the more we travel, the more rich our lives become.  Sometimes there are difficulties on our trips or in the countries we visit.  With more travel experience, one begins to see the cycles of these things as well as commonalities.

Priceconomics Data Studio has published some general statistics on the most dangerous countries for American Tourists in 2017 based on travel warnings and deaths from 2009-2016 with countries that had over 100,000 U.S. visitors per year.  Here are two of the charts.

[Image: r9lNrTH.png]

[Image: QEWCLSS.png]

Zero Hedge picked up on the data and did an article linked below where they looked at the travel warnings, total deaths, deaths per capita (tourists) as well as a correlation between the two (r = 0.56, p = <.001). 

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-17...n-tourists

It is a good idea to spread information on some difficulties to others so that they may be able to minimize or avoid such problems.  There will always be risk, but managing the risk is a positive thing.
Get busy living or get busy dying!
Nothing too bad for me and always turned up well at the end.

-Got into a fight with ladyboys in Laos: As I was taking a drunk friend to his hotel room, we got stopped by two ladyboys. Told them we were not interested by their services and continue to my friend's room. After leaving him half dead on his bed, I went back home and met on the way the same two ladyboys. They told me "Oh! you come back for us". Pissed off by the fact that I couldn't get this hot argentinian girl from the club and the dozen of Beer Lao I had in my blood, I answered something like: "not with those ugly faces of yours". They started yelling at me and I yelled back at them, one slapped me, I punched back. The other one left me with an ugly scratch on my neck. I got rescue by a local that saw everything and took me to the police station for filling a complaint. End up I was not the first one having problem with these two.

- A pretty big bus accident in rural China. Got some pieces of glass in my arm. I was taken to the very bad local hospital where I was taking care of first, even if some Chineses were a lot more injured than me. One of the advantages of being a foreigner in China.

Shit, sucks you got stuck with her for a few days. A good lesson learned!
(03-22-2017, 06:58 AM)P.T. Wrote: Was helping a friend get away from this crazy girl in the Philippines.  She was screaming like a banshee when a guy came over and pulled a knife.  Took off the belt and snapped the whiteknight in the forehead.  Getting ready for more when the lightbulb turned on that some of these guys there really know how to use a knife.  We exited stage left. 
[Image: QEWCLSS.png]

I've been to half of the countries on this list. Surprised Philippines is ranking so high on this list. 
Compared to the number of visitors it's still low, but a good reminder bad shit does happen and to keep your wits about.

(03-22-2017, 08:58 AM)TigerT Wrote: Nothing too bad for me and always turned up well at the end.

-Got into a fight with ladyboys in Laos: As I was taking a drunk friend to his hotel room, we got stopped by two ladyboys. Told them we were not interested by their services and continue to my friend's room. After leaving him half dead on his bed, I went back home and met on the way the same two ladyboys. They told me "Oh! you come back for us". Pissed off by the fact that I couldn't get this hot argentinian girl from the club and the dozen of Beer Lao I had in my blood, I answered something like: "not with those ugly faces of yours". They started yelling at me and I yelled back at them, one slapped me, I punched back. The other one left me with an ugly scratch on my neck. I got rescue by a local that saw everything and took me to the police station for filling a complaint. End up I was not the first one having problem with these two.

- A pretty big bus accident in rural China. Got some pieces of glass in my arm. I was taken to the very bad local hospital where I was taking care of first, even if some Chineses were a lot more injured than me. One of the advantages of being a foreigner in China.

Ladyboys are a pest. The time I got into a fight with them in Kao San Road was similar. It was my first time in Thailand and 2 ladyboys were trying to take a drunk German tourist home. I thought, I've got to warn this guy; he's too drunk to realise they are ladyboys. So I went over to tell him be careful. They ripped my t-shirt off, took off their high heels threw beer bottles and were on the phone calling for backup in Thai. It's always 0 to 60 with these fucking ladyboys.

---

Glad the accident wasn't worse. In my 3 weeks in India I've seen 2 horrific motorbike accidents. And when you see the local ambulances, you know you don't want to be in that situation. The last one I saw here on a Mumbai highway was a gruesome sight. I think that guy got run over by a truck after he fell. He was missing some parts. My taxi driver was unfazed by it, made me think this happens a lot.
(03-22-2017, 06:58 AM)P.T. Wrote: [Image: QEWCLSS.png]

Nice chart! This also shows exotic value too.

Maybe I don't see it the same way but who in their right mind would visit Pakistan or Saudi Arabia being American?  Pussy isn't worth that kind of risk.
(03-22-2017, 11:04 AM)TravelHardcorranking so high on this list. Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 08:58 AM)TigerT Wrote: Nothing too bad for me and always turned up well at the end.

Ladyboys are a pest. The time I got into a fight with them in Kao San Road was similar. It was my first time in Thailand and 2 ladyboys were trying to take a drunk German tourist home. I thought, I've got to warn this guy; he's too drunk to realise they are ladyboys. So I went over to tell him be careful. They ripped my t-shirt off, took off their high heels threw beer bottles and were on the phone calling for backup in Thai. It's always 0 to 60 with these fucking ladyboys.

---

Glad the accident wasn't worse. In my 3 weeks in India I've seen 2 horrific motorbike accidents. And when you see the local ambulances, you know you don't want to be in that situation. The last one I saw here on a Mumbai highway was a gruesome sight. I think that guy got run over by a truck after he fell. He was missing some parts. My taxi driver was unfazed by it, made me think this happens a lot.

I consider myself lucky that this guy came straight before the problem got out of hand, lucky I saved my t-shirt. I would not have liked to spend the rest of the night at the police station without one. Lucky that guy was honest and sacrifice a night of sleep for helping me at the police station.
Awesome thread idea THC. Except it's one of those situations where I read stories from you guys and they are really interesting and I click the like button, but feel awkward because I am liking a bad situation Wink.

But anyways, I was robbed in Venezuela at gunpoint, but I don't even feel like it was my worst travel experience. In fact, I would say that the worst times were actually getting really sick while in the middle of traveling. A four hour bus ride in Philippines comes to mind (puked all over a bus full of people). Then, on my last trip to from Egypt to Asia (16 hours of travel for a decent price) I got sick on the plane. Nothing is worse than being sick while cooped up with a ton of people and thousands of miles in the air.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
(03-22-2017, 05:12 PM)20Nation Wrote: Awesome thread idea THC. Except it's one of those situations where I read stories from you guys and they are really interesting and I click the like button, but feel awkward because I am liking a bad situation Wink.

But anyways, I was robbed in Venezuela at gunpoint, but I don't even feel like it was my worst travel experience. In fact, I would say that the worst times were actually getting really sick while in the middle of traveling. A four hour bus ride in Philippines comes to mind (puked all over a bus full of people). Then, on my last trip to from Egypt to Asia (16 hours of travel for a decent price) I got sick on the plane. Nothing is worse than being sick while cooped up with a ton of people and thousands of miles in the air.

I had Indian food at the restaurant of my budget hotel near the airport, hours before an 24h travel itinerary towards Colombia. 

#LivingOnTheEdge

Check this thread soon for updates....
Not a terribly bad experience but I was on an island in Honduras several years ago and got chummy with a chick running one of the local restaurants. I had just gotten out of a relationship, had gotten lucky some but was pretty obtuse. Long story short I was there diving for IIRC 4 days and by day 3 she was giving me free food while my dive buddies were paying. I can't remember how it happened but at one point I ended up in her apartment ass naked getting a massage. As I said it was a small island and word got out about me being at her place. Even though I'm black the community was small enough that I could never be mistaken for a local and her ex-boyfriend who still had a thing for her found out and confronted me when I was two sheets to the wind. She had warned me about him and the drugs that tore apart their relationship and I remember thinking it was good that other foreigners were around because he initially looked like he was going to kill me, that was until he got on his knees and begged me to not take her away from the island with me.

I guess the thing that sticks out about the story is that a day before the local drug dealer had for the most part warned me off her and I was too ignorant to really listen. It wasn't so much you can't have her as it was that dude won't like it and being a foreigner may not protect you. I remember as I was heading off the island the drug dealer told me he had talked to the guy and no harm would come to me as long as I didn't try to take her but my time was up there anyway. To this day I still don't know why the drug dealer was a cool to me as he was.
I don't want to disclose the country, but this happened in an african country.
Traffic control. Me and a girl got stopped by five policemen, two of them armed with an AK 47. They say, "you don't take 'our' women, do you." One of the pigs grabbed my arm, took me to a police pickup and said: "We take you to the station."
One minute later, one of the other cops approached me, playing the good cop: "You know, we don't need to take you to the station, you just pay the fine here."
(Fine = bribe)

I never had to deal with bent cops outside Africa, where this happened more than once.
Venezuela is the MOST dangerous country to travel to (or in the top 3, at least) for Americans in 2017.
That chart is way off...probably because no one goes there anymore.

Try to plan a flight to Caracas - you'll find out VERY quickly how dangerous the place is:

Need a bulletproof vehicle to make the 30 min drive from the airport to the inner city + need to pull some tricks to exit from the domestic terminal vice the int terminal bc they kidnap and/or rob people exiting the int terminal.

The women are SOOO hot it's really a damn shame.

Here's the US December 2016 travel warning if interested....communism at it's finest!
My Site - Fast & Mostly Legal Money
(04-18-2017, 12:47 PM)Round2and3 Wrote: Venezuela is the MOST dangerous country to travel to (or in the top 3, at least) for Americans in 2017.
That chart is way off...probably because no one goes there anymore.

Try to plan a flight to Caracas - you'll find out VERY quickly how dangerous the place is:

Need a bulletproof vehicle to make the 30 min drive from the airport to the inner city + need to pull some tricks to exit from the domestic terminal vice the int terminal bc they kidnap and/or rob people exiting the int terminal.

The women are SOOO hot it's really a damn shame.

Here's the US December 2016 travel warning if interested....communism at it's finest!

It's that bad huh? It's a damn damn shame. All women from Venezuela I met were hot (big ass) and with great/fun personalities. I hope they get their shit together soon.