The Korea Thread
I dont see why an expat that's half presentable wouldnt do well in Seoul. Its a massive city with some of the best nightlife in Asia. I disagree with most guys on the difficulty of Korean women..if youre a tall well built white guy they're reasonably easy to get into bed. Just have to be discrete and tactful as there's a lot of slut shaming/cock blocking from Korean dudes. WhiteKnightRises can confirm. xD

I'd go as far as to say if you're just looking for notches, Korea is way better than Vietnam. x2 if you're down for expat women (many good looking eastern euro girls).
(01-19-2020, 12:05 PM)spaceman Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 02:57 AM)Dash Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 08:40 PM)spaceman Wrote: Anyone in Korea currently? I am thinking about moving out there for a pretty cool job but wanted to get some insights! thanks!

Can you get another job in a different country? I don't think I would choose to live in Korea if I had other option available to me.

Hey Dash, i read some of your old threads on RvF etc.. My impression was that you didnt like really living in Busan and working at the hagwon mostly right? I am not there just for gaming girls, but to live in East Asia and I would living in Seoul and travelling around also. Seems like a cool opportunity to me...

What I am saying is, if you can live and work in Bangkok, Manila, Saigon, Hanoi, Jakarta, Cebu, or hell even Tokyo, Shanghai etc i'd live there over Seoul/Korea.

However, if that is not a possibility, then i'd still take living in Seoul over most places in the West.

The nightlife depends on one's preference. For someone like me who likes r&b, pop, hip hop and rap with girls grinding their ass on dicks, the nightlife was mostly shit. In a city as massive as Seoul, it only had one bar/club that I truly enjoyed going to. However, if a person prefers European / Asian style nightlife ie tables, techno, people jumping / hopping around in same sex groups, then they will like Seoul nightlife.

I bang WAY WAY more women in Saigon/Vietnam than I did in Seoul/Korea. Probably four times the number. Quality is also been significantly better in Saigon/Vietnam.

This is coming from someone who has lived in both Korea and Vietnam 3 years a piece.
^The difference is there's a lot more chicks on dating apps in VN vs. Korea which you get all your dates from.

If ones comfortable daygaming or likes nightlife its not that hard. Most of the horror stories about Korea come from guys in 3rd tier towns where nobody speaks English and there might only be a couple korean style "booking" clubs. I was in one of those towns lol and still did pretty good.

In Seoul - most girls are going to speak some English. It's an underrated city imo. Quality of life blows any of those other cities out the window as well (except maybe Tokyo which is a lot more expensive). Just depends how much value a guy places on that. I wouldnt tell just anybody to come to VN. It's a rough spot for a lot of Westerners. Sitting in traffic day listening to moto horns and breathing toxic air is a high price to pay for more tinder matches. Always hidden costs..

Average Korean chick is at least 1-2 points hotter as well imo. Granted, plastic surgery is epidemic over there but plenty of chicks with fake schnozzes here in saigon too lol.
@Dash and @SpecialED what do you guys think about dating as a non white foreigner... Im middle eastern looking Amercan dude. Is it much harder than a white foreigner for us?

I was in Seoul a few years ago for a couple of days, didn't see much in the way of non white guys with Korean girls except Thursday party and NB2 had some white and black guys with korean girls . I also only went out in Hongdae, i would assume Itaewon etc would be better.
I'd say 90% of Korean women only date Koreans. That's more due to cultural programming and language barrier than any sort of looks preference. Korean women living in VN (outside the judgemental eyes of their homogeneous society) are very keen to hookup with foreigners. So that says a lot right there...

Most of the ones that go for foreigners want white dudes (more aryan looking the better). There's a much smaller niche for blacks. I think everybody else has it exponentially harder.

Honestly if you're into Asians and youre not white - I'd come to VN. Definitely the most open minded when it comes to that. Viet women date Indians pretty commonly and that would never happen in Korea.
(01-19-2020, 06:34 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: ^The difference is there's a lot more chicks on dating apps in VN vs. Korea which you get all your dates from.

If ones comfortable daygaming or likes nightlife its not that hard. Most of the horror stories about Korea come from guys in 3rd tier towns where nobody speaks English and there might only be a couple korean style "booking" clubs. I was in one of those towns lol and still did pretty good.

In Seoul - most girls are going to speak some English. It's an underrated city imo. Quality of life blows any of those other cities out the window as well (except maybe Tokyo which is a lot more expensive). Just depends how much value a guy places on that. I wouldnt tell just anybody to come to VN. It's a rough spot for a lot of Westerners. Sitting in traffic day listening to moto horns and breathing toxic air is a high price to pay for more tinder matches. Always hidden costs..

Average Korean chick is at least 1-2 points hotter as well imo. Granted, plastic surgery is epidemic over there but plenty of chicks with fake schnozzes here in saigon too lol.

Not sure about that. Ansan, yea not much. Anyang, yea not much. But Seoul? It's loaded with girls on Tinder and and all the other dating apps and websites. There is more than enough women to swipe and message in Seoul to where it's not the numbers that is an issue. Cambodia, absolutely, i'd agree, but not Korea. The issue is, typical Korean girls just don't have any white guy fetish and actually prefer their own.

99.9% of men are not comfortable day gaming. That is the pinnacle of game (effective day gaming). So it is really not even worth mentioning. Most men will get the majority of their bangs from online and night. Night game in Korea is not optimal for 1 night stands imo compared to Latin America, Europe etc. Only had a few in 3 years of being there and some of those were not even Korean.